Krishun

One Shots Galore

“Hey, hey Mr Wu!”

Okay, so for a change they were winning but that was only because they were hosting a school less concerned with sport (the sport in this case being basketball) and more concerned with art than their own. That didn’t mean he could leave them to it though, he was their coach they still needed his help and guidance (or more accurately him yelling ‘remember what I promised’ from the side lines when it looked like they were slacking off, when their work ethic started slipping the promise of pizza always seemed to work wonders, it was probably a teenager thing), he didn’t have time to stop and chat. But he knew Soojung well enough to know that she wasn’t going to give up until she got his attention. She could be scarily persistent. So with a sigh he turned to look at her, one eyebrow raised. “Yes?” he asked.

“It’s your…” she started to say and then wrinkled her forehead as if deep in thought. “Hey are you married?” she asked after five seconds or so.

Kris failed to see how this would be relevant in any conversation they might have but he answered her anyway. “No, I’m not married.” He’d been with Sehun for just over three years which according to his mother meant they should be married but he’d never really seen the point. They were doing just fine as they were, they didn’t need to exchange rings prove how committed they were to each other.

“Then your boyfriend wants you.” Soojung said.

Kris frowned. “Tell him I’m busy.” He told her. Sehun had been at his apathetic best all morning, Kris had spent all morning trying to coax him into conversation but he may as well have been talking to a brick wall for all the good it did him so why he was suddenly after his attention now he didn’t know. Whatever the reason though he could wait. Just because Sehun obviously found his day job incredibly boring that didn’t mean he was going to take it any less seriously.

“I mean he needs you.” Soojung amended, looking a little agitated now. “Like, really needs you. Like, he has blood dripping down his face and he’s sitting with a designated first aider needs you.”

Soojung had always been a little weird so Kris wasn’t sure whether she was being literal with her statement or if it was some bizarre metaphor. He supposed he’d better clarify. “What do you mean?” he asked.

“I mean he’s sitting outside the men’s bathroom and a first aider is pressing a wad of gauze to his head.” She said, looking at him as if she thought he was a complete idiot. “I hope it doesn’t scar.” She added when she’d finished judging him. “He has such a pretty face.”

Kris took a second to think about whether or not he should be concerned by the fact Sehun had the kind of face that inspired high school crushes and settled on not because to be honest Sehun being so pretty was something he quite liked. Then he was telling Jongdae he’d be back and he was heading for the door. For all of his lack of enthusiasm for the sport Jongdae was technically assistant coach so hopefully he wouldn’t mess things up too badly in his absence.

~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

So the blood was no longer dripping when Kris got there, it had dried and Byun Baekhyun, high school music teacher and the least sympathetic first aider in the history of first aiders was trying to wipe it away with a damp cloth while Sehun swatted at his hand. “You don’t have to clean my face for me, I’m not a child!” he was saying and Kris smiled despite himself. When he’d first spotted Sehun sitting on the bench and had realised Soojung had been right his stomach had plummeted as every worst case scenario possible began running through his head. But if he was snapping at Baekhyun things couldn’t be that bad.

“You’re not wearing gloves!” Baekhyun pointed out, grabbing Sehun’s wrist with his free hand and going for his face again with the cloth.

“It’s my blood!” Sehun exclaimed, wrenching his wrist free and shoving Baekhyun’s shoulder hard. “I don’t need gloves.”

Yeah, he definitely didn’t seem to be too badly injured Kris thought just as Baekhyun noticed him. “I’m only trying to help and he’s assaulting me.” He said with a pout.

Only trying to wind him up was more like it, there was nothing Baekhyun enjoyed more than pushing people’s buttons until they snapped. He kept the thought to himself though, his friend would only feign innocence and he didn’t have time for games, he needed to find out how Sehun had ended up needing the help of a first aider in the first place. “What happened?” he asked his eyes going to the bandage wrapped around his boyfriend’s head.

“This idiot tripped over his own feet and hit his head on the edge of a toilet cubicle door.” Baekhyun told him sounding far more amused by Sehun’s misfortune than could be healthy. But then they had known each other since high school so his lack of sensitivity wasn’t all that surprising. Laughing at Sehun for being an idiot was something he’d been doing for years and he obviously wasn’t about to give up on that now just because the younger man was in pain.

“I didn’t trip!” Sehun protested and Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“Yeah, of course you didn’t. The door jumped sideways of its own volition and smacked you in the face.” He said and then he was turning back to Kris. “Whatever happened the cut’s pretty deep. You should probably take him down to accident and emergency and get it checked out, it might need stitches.”

Sehun looked far from thrilled by the suggestion. “Kris, it’s really not that bad.” He said, he’d never been a big fan of hospitals.

Baekhyun snorted. “It looks like a warzone in there,” he said nodding towards the bathroom door. “There’s blood all over the place. At the very least they’re going to need to glue it.”

“He’s exaggerating!”

“No I’m not. Go and look for yourself if you don’t believe me.” Baekhyun suggested.

“I’ll take your word for it.” Kris told him. Baekhyun might not be the most sympathetic person when it came to administering first aid but he’d been on enough training courses to know what he was talking about. And Sehun could be missing a limb and he’d still try and wrangle his way out of a trip to the hospital so it wasn’t hard choosing whose side to take. “Come on,” he said and he stuck out an arm to help Sehun up from the bench. “Let’s go.”

“I don’t need to see a doctor.” Sehun maintained stubbornly. “I’m sure it’ll heal just fine by itself. And anyway haven’t you got a team to coach? There’s no way the game’s finished yet so don't try to tell me that it has.”

Kris didn’t retract his arm. “I left Jongdae in charge.” He said. “It’ll be fine.”

“You’ll lose.” Sehun ammended.

He was probably right Kris thought but there were more important things in life than high school basketball, namely his boyfriend’s health. And on the plus side if they did lose he wouldn’t have to spend a small fortune on pizza later. “Just get up.” He demanded.

Sehun sighed and did as he was told.

~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

“It hurts.” Sehun groaned. “I was just starting to feel human again and then that woman had to go poking and prodding and now my head feels like it’s going to explode.”

By ‘that woman’ he meant the nurse who had cleaned the rather impressive cut on his forehead before re-bandaging it and going to find a doctor. Just as Baekhyun predicted the wound was deep enough to need at least a couple of stitches and administering stitches wasn’t something she was qualified to do.

Kris looked at Sehun who was now sitting propped up on the bed with his arm across his eyes and shook his head. “Poking and prodding is her job.” He reminded Sehun, “And it’s just as well she took a look at it, if we’d gone home like you suggested that cut would have taken forever to heal and you’d probably have ended up with a scar. You could at least pretend to be a little bit grateful to her for doing her job properly.”

Sehun sighed, something he’d been doing a lot of lately and lowered his arm. “Sorry.” He said. “I just feel like crap. And it smells really weird in here, like bleach and sick people. It’s enough to make me want to throw up again.”

Kris had to agree with him there, hospitals had always smelled weird to him too. And then he realised Sehun had said ‘again’ and he frowned. “What do you mean again? Please don’t tell me you lied to the nurse just so you could get out of here quicker.” He couldn’t believe Sehun could be so stupid. There was a reason she’d asked him if he’d thrown up after hitting his head.

“I didn’t lie to her…” Sehun said, suddenly a lot quieter. “… yeah I threw up, but it was before I hit my head on the door so I didn’t think it was relevant.”

“No, you just didn’t want her to ask more questions.” Kris corrected him. “But even if you didn’t want to tell her you could have told me.” He said trying not to be too offended by the fact Sehun had chosen to keep him in the dark. “Why didn’t you?”

“I didn’t think you’d care.”

Okay, so much for trying not to be offended. “What do you mean you didn’t think I’d care? Why wouldn’t I care?” Sehun was one of the most important people in his life and he thought he knew that. There was absolutely no reason for him to doubt how much he cared about him.

Sehun sat up a little straighter and brought his legs up, wrapping his arms around them and resting his chin on his knees. “I’ve felt like crap for weeks and it’s not like you’ve noticed.” He mumbled, sounding thoroughly miserable.

“Weeks…” Kris echoed, thinking back to all the ‘talking to a brick wall’ days there’d been recently. Maybe Sehun hadn’t been going through one of his ‘bored with the world’ phases after all, maybe he had been sick all this time and he’d been too caught up in his own problems to realise it. “You’ve been sick for that long and you haven’t been to a doctor?”

“It’s not like it’s been unbearable. I’ve just been feeling a bit tired and a bit achy.” Sehun explained. “And anyway I talked to Yixing and he didn’t seem very worried so...” He added as if that would make everything better.

It didn’t. “Yixing isn’t a doctor Sehun.”

“He kind of is.”

Kris was quick to disagree. “He kind of isn’t. He has a degree in herbal medicine, that doesn’t make him a doctor.”

“He helps sick people,” Sehun argued. “In my eyes that makes him a doctor.”

“Fine,” Kris huffed, knowing it wasn’t an argument he was going to win anytime soon. “So you talked to Yixing. What did he say?”

“Well remember how I had the flu before Christmas?”

Kris nodded. Sehun had been so ill he’d been bedridden for over a week. So ill in fact that he hadn’t complained once which hadn’t been like him at all.

“He said I was probably still getting over it.”

“And that was all he said?” Kris asked. Sehun was looking anywhere but at him which was suspicious to say the least.

“Not exactly. He said that if it didn’t get any better I should get it checked out.” Sehun admitted.

 “And when was that?” He’d said weeks earlier but maybe he’d been exaggerating. He hoped he’d been exaggerating.

“Three weeks ago…”

So he hadn’t been exaggerating. He’d been feeling like crap for nearly a month and hadn’t done anything about it simply because talking to doctors made him feel uncomfortable. He was an idiot. But as much as Kris wanted to be mad at him he couldn't manage it, not when he looked so pale and so vulnerable. So instead of scolding him Kris got up from his chair and moved to sit on the edge of the bed. “Come here.” He said and Sehun stopped hugging his knees in order to scoot closer, his expression slightly wary.

Kris put his arm around him and Sehun instantly relaxed, taking it as an invitation to make himself comfortable and burrowing closer into his side. Kris dropped a kiss on the top of his head and tightened his grip. “How are feeling now?” he asked. “Other than the headache I mean.”

“ty.” He mumbled, the words muffled by Kris’ jacket.

“Then I’ll run you a bath when we get home. Then I'll make you whatever you want for dinner. I won't make you lift a finger.” He told him. He’d automatically assumed a quiet Sehun meant a pissed off Sehun when in reality he’d only been moody because he’d been feeling awful and he felt incredibly guilty. Hopefully pampering him a little would help make up for it. He was hoping it would make up for what he was planning do next as well.

 Which was throw him under the bus. “He threw up earlier, before he hit his head.” He said as soon as the doctor drew back the curtain. And then he remembered what Sehun had said to Baekhyun. “I think that might have something to do with how he hit it in the first place, he told a friend of ours that he didn’t trip so I think he might have been dizzy or something. If you could check it out I’d really appreciate it.”

And sure enough Sehun was muttering “I hate you.” before pushing away from him slightly so he could address the doctor himself. “It’s not a big deal.” He assured her. “It was probably something I’d eaten disagreeing with me.”

“So you were only sick once?” The doctor asked. To her credit she was taking Kris’ outburst completely in her stride. “And that was right before you hit your head?”

Sehun took a little too long to answer for Kris’ liking before finally settling on ‘Yes’.

“Lying isn’t going to do you any favours.” He told him.

And it seemed he was right to be suspicious because Sehun was immediately changing his answer. “I mean yes, if you don’t count this morning. I was sick before breakfast but I think it was just because I hadn’t eaten yet and I didn’t eat much yesterday either… so yeah… ”

“Is today the only day you’ve felt ill?” the doctor asked next and she closed the curtain behind her. Kris assumed it was so she wouldn’t be distracted and he couldn’t make up his mind whether that was a good thing or not.

“I’ve been more tired than normal lately.” Sehun shrugged, obviously trying to downplay it. “And I felt a bit off on Friday I guess, like I was going to be sick maybe but I wasn’t. That’s it though.”

“I see. And today you hit your head because you fainted, is that right?”

“Oh no,” Sehun said quickly, “I didn’t faint. I just… well I dropped my phone so bent down to pick it up and when I stood up everything went a bit fuzzy. And I overbalanced. But that’s all it was, I didn’t black out or anything.”

“Hmm. Well I’m sure it’s nothing.” The doctor said next and Sehun looked incredibly relieved. The relief didn’t last long though. “But since you’re here there’s no harm in doing some blood work, it’ll put your partner’s mind at rest if nothing else.”

Kris wanted to kiss her, because yes, yes it would. Sehun on the other hand looked like he wanted to strangle them both but Kris wasn’t overly concerned. He’d received that look from Sehun more than once and survived to tell the tale, he was sure he'd survive it this time too.

~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Sehun no longer looked like he wanted to strangle him. Instead he looked drained. Drained and a little scared. After the doctor had stitched up his head she’d asked him a few more questions before taking a blood sample and he’d been sitting staring into space ever since. “Hey, it’s going to be okay.” Kris told him, not liking the worried frown on his face one bit. “The doctor said so herself, it’s probably nothing.”

“That’s what she said, but that’s not what she thought.” Sehun said, his voice so quiet that Kris almost didn’t catch the words.

“Don’t be so pessimistic, that’s my job.” He said trying for light-hearted and failing miserably.

“Kris,” Sehun said, looking at him now as if he was being completely stupid, it was something people did a lot Kris realised “she thinks I’m pregnant.”

And Kris was momentarily rendered speechless. That wasn’t what he’d been expecting Sehun to say at all. It did explain why he looked so scared though. Whenever they’d talked about kids in the past Sehun never failed to change the subject. If he didn’t feel ready to talk about them then obviously he didn’t feel ready to have any either and that was fine by Kris, he wasn’t in a rush to start a family either. So it was no wonder Sehun looked petrified. And his lack of response clearly wasn’t doing much to help the situation.

“She asked if I was ually active Kris,” he said, the words coming out in a rush. “Why else would she ask that? And when I was talking about feeling sick and tired she went all quiet and pensive and I know exactly what it was she was thinking because I was thinking it too, she was thinking ‘that sounds like it could be morning sickness’”

“But it only happened a couple of times.” Kris argued, trying his best to reassure him. There was a definite note of panic in his boyfriend’s voice and he needed to calm him down before things got out of hand. “And it’s not like we’re ever not careful when we… you know…” He could feel his face turning red and resisted the urge to roll his eyes at himself. He was twenty-eight years old and he couldn’t talk about without getting embarrassed. It was beyond a joke but there wasn't much he could do about it right that second. “so yeah… anyway…  I wouldn’t worry about it too much.”

“But what if she’s right?” Sehun asked, if anything sounding more panicked now than he had before. “What if I am?”

“We’ll have to look into renting somewhere with more than one bedroom I guess.” Kris said, again trying for light-hearted and again failing.

“I’m being serious!” Sehun exclaimed.

“I know, I’m sorry.” He took Sehun’s hand and interlaced their fingers, giving an apologetic squeeze. He felt pretty useless. There was nothing he could say here that would make Sehun feel better and he knew it. That didn’t mean he was going to give up trying though. “Look, if you are pregnant, and I’m not saying you are, you probably aren’t and we're just worrying over nothing… but if you are, well then it’s up to you what you want to do about it. Whatever you decide I’ll be there for you.”

And Sehun paled considerably, something Kris hadn’t thought physically possible, not when he was already as white as a ghost but apparently he'd been wrong. “I’m not going to get rid of our baby.”

Kris decided to gloss over the fact that Sehun was talking as if what had up until now had been a suspected pregnancy was now confirmed. He also decided to ignore the inexplicably warm feeling the words ‘our baby’ had just conjured up in his chest because he was obviously imagining things. Instead he rubbed his thumb across Sehun’s knuckles and said “Okay then, if you really are pregnant then I’m going to be right beside you every step of the way, I’m going help you through it as best I can. And we really will have to look for a bigger place because we can’t share a room with the baby forever.”

“So you’re not going to freak out on me then?” Sehun asked, not looking all that reassured.

“Of course I’m not. And hey, look on the bright side. We won’t have to spend another Christmas listening to my mother dropping not so subtle hints about how she thinks we should be married with kids by now.”

“So you’re going to marry me?” Sehun asked which wasn’t what Kris had meant at all but he clearly didn't  think it was such a horrible idea and Kris couldn’t bear to correct him.

“Well maybe…” he said instead. “… I’m not ruling it out. Unless you want me to rule it out. I don’t want to pressure you into anything.”

“No, no.” Sehun said quietly, lifting Kris’ arm and ducking under it so he could wriggle closer. “Don’t rule it out. If we are going to have a baby, well it would be nice if we were a proper family wouldn’t it? I’m not saying you have to ask me to marry you if I am, I’m just saying that if you did then I might not say no.”

Well that conversation had gotten away from him slightly he thought bemusedly. But they didn’t even know if Sehun was pregnant or not so he there was no point in worrying about it too much, especially not when he more than likely wasn’t.

~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Sehun was pregnant. Sehun was pregnant and he looked like he was going to cry. Sehun was pregnant and he looked like he was going to cry and Kris had no idea what he was supposed to do about it.

Try and keep him from bursting into tears that was probably what he was supposed to be doing now he thought about it. “Hey, it’s going to be okay. We’re in this together remember?” Thankfully the doctor had left them alone after telling them the news to give them a chance to talk things over, telling them to call her when they were ready so at the least there wasn't the added pressure of her standing over them.

“Yeah I guess…” Sehun sniffed.

And oh God, Kris could see actual tears welling in his eyes now. “We can do this. I meant what I said earlier you know.”

Sehun sniffed again, his expression thoughtful now. “Was that supposed to be a proposal?” he eventually asked, looking far from impressed, “Because if it was, well I’m sorry but it .”

Well he’d well and truly dropped himself in it now Kris thought resisting the urge to hit his head against the wall behind him. He really needed to start thinking before he spoke. What he’d been referring to when he’d said he meant what he said was that he was going to be there to help Sehun when he needed it, he definitely had not been referring to the accidental marriage talk. But as unimpressed as Sehun seemed to be by what he’d taken to be a botched proposal there was also a spark of hope in his eyes and after the day he’d had Kris didn’t want to be the one to stamp it out. And now that he thought about it, being married to Sehun was something he could probably live with. No, it was something he could definitely live with. Living without him was something he just couldn't imagine, that was something he’d come to realise a long time ago. And if he didn’t believe you needed to marry someone to prove that you loved them then so what? Sehun obviously thought differently and if proposing was what it was going to take to stop him from looking so scared then it was something he was prepared to do.

“I could probably do better.” He conceded and he took a deep breath and set about doing just that, “I love you, I’ve loved you for a long time.” He said, hoping that it wasn’t just hormones talking and that this really was what Sehun wanted to hear. “And I know we never planned for it to happen this way, or for it to happen so soon but I can’t wait for us to be a proper family. Will you marry me?”

And that it was it, Sehun no longer looked worried or scared. He was smiling the kind of smile that could light up a room. “That was kind of lame.” He said and for a moment Kris thought he’d made a complete and utter fool of himself and Sehun was going to say no. But he needn’t have worried because the next thing he knew Sehun had a hand on the back of his neck and was murmuring the words “But yeah, I’ll marry you.” as he pulled him down for a kiss and Kris made a note to thank the doctor later for having the presence of mind to pull the curtain closed behind her.

~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

AN: Krishun for mitsuka501.

So this didn't turn out how I thought it would or stick exactly to the prompt. Originally Yixing was going to make an appearance and he was going to be an actual doctor but I could never get further than a sentence to I scrapped that draft. And it was supposed to be a practice and not a game but yeah, that got changed. And Kris was supposed to be the one to find Sehun in the bathroom and there was supposed to be actual passing out but that wasn't working either. So I hope what I managed to get written was a good enough compromise. Oh and there wasn't meant to be a proposal, I  mean they were supposed to be married already and I was going to go back and fix it. But it kind of happened all by itself and took on a life of its own. It definitely did not see it coming which is worrying considering I was the one writing it but meh. And then there was meant to be an apologetic Kris at the end but that didn't fit after the y proposal. And oh god, the more I look back at my original plan the more I need to apologise. So yeah, many many apologies and I hope you're not too disappointed.

Anywho, here's how the to do list is looking:

Baekyeol for parkbyun
Krisoo for horadoribabe
Xiuyeol for MidnightMaurader
Kaisoo for xNurulx
Hunhan for anncherry
Sekai for xhigoodbye
Suchan for kookiehs
Krisyeol for Alluma
Suchen for Justanotherfic
Taohun for ILuvSkyDragon
Krishan for Doyoureallynotseeme
Chankai for VanillaHeaven
Chanxing for soft-kitty
Krisbaek for Rosasaur
Baekchen for kitten83
Krisho for suddon
Xiuhun for XxAngieexX
ing for jang-yehheung
Hanho for resurrection