Sukai

One Shots Galore

Joonmyun had put a lot of effort into organising this party, Jongin could tell. The catering, the music, the décor, the whole thing screamed ‘buckets of time has been spent on this’ and it had all been done for him. It wasn’t even as if it was a milestone birthday, he was turning twenty four not twenty one so Jongin couldn’t help feeling flattered. As lovely as it was though to know his boyfriend cared about him enough to put all that effort into making his day memorable it didn’t change the fact that he currently felt like crap. He was tired, the volume of the music was giving him a headache and the sight of the food on the buffet table was making him feel queasy. So yes, he was finding it hard to enjoy himself which in turn was making him feel guilty. Something his friend had obviously picked up on.

“What’s with the face?” Chanyeol asked, clearly confused. “You look miserable.”

“I do?” This was not good. Chanyeol was possibly one of the least observant people on the planet so if he could tell he was suffering then Joonmyun was definitely going to notice.

“Yes.” Chanyeol confirmed. “You could try smiling you know. It is your birthday.”

“Sorry, I’m not feeling fantastic right now.” Jongin admitted. “To be honest I just want to go home and sleep for a week.”

“Then do that.” Was Chanyeol’s advice.

Jongin shook his head. “I can’t just walk out.” He protested. Chanyeol never had been that great at giving advice. “I’ve only been here half an hour, it’d be really rude. People will start thinking I’m some kind of unappreciative . I don’t want that.”

“If you need the rest you need the rest. They’ll understand once they find out you’re pregnant.” Chanyeol reasoned, not giving up.

Yes, they probably would but that wouldn’t be for a while yet. “Chanyeol we’re not telling people until my second trimester and I’m only eight weeks right now.” That would mean a month or so of people thinking he had no manners until he could tell them the real reason he’d abandoned his own party. That was something he could really live without.

Something else he could live without was being hit with the urge to hurl at random intervals throughout the day he thought as he noticed Sehun across the room. He’d just shoved almost an entire slice of pizza into his mouth in one go and Jongin found his stomach rebelling at the sight, his face paling.

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol asked.

No, he wasn’t. He was so not okay that he didn’t trust himself to speak so he shook his head in response instead. Then he was spinning on his heel and hightailing it for the bathroom.

 

-----

 

He was washing his mouth out at the sink when he heard the door creak open and he looked up at the mirror to see the reflection of a concerned looking Joonmyun hovering behind him. Jongin opened his mouth intending to tell him he was okay but before he could Joonmyun was talking.

“Chanyeol told me how bad you’ve been feeling.” He explained.

Jongin sighed, straightening up and turning to face him. “It’s just morning sickness.” He told him, trying to put his mind at rest. “And it’s my own fault I’ve got it so I just need to it up and deal with it. I’ll be fine.”

“Well it’s not entirely your fault, I’m pretty sure it has something to do with me too.” Joonmyun said, a hint of a smile on his face. And then he was doing what he always did, ignoring Jongin’s reassurances and continuing to worry regardless. “I’m sorry I pushed this whole thing on you, I didn’t think. I’ve read the books; I know the first few months can be tiring so if it’s all too much for you I can take you home.”

Jongin fought the urge to roll his eyes. Yes, Joonmyun had read the books, he’d read every book he could get his hands on and their baby was still eight months away. And while Jongin found his eagerness to educate himself on what he his partner would be going through endearing he couldn’t help thinking he’d gone a little overboard. “It’s one night Joonmyun.” He reasoned and he took a few steps forward, closing the gap between them. “And you’ve put so much work into making it perfect. I think I can deal with feeling a little ew.”

It was Joonmyun’s turn to sigh as he took one of Jongin’s hands in his and caressed his knuckles with his thumb. “It doesn’t matter how much work I put into it if you’re not enjoying yourself.”

“I am enjoying myself.” Jongin protested. He really didn’t want to see Joonmyun’s effort go to waste and if that meant lying to him then it was something he was happy to do.

“Don’t lie. You look exhausted.”

Okay, so maybe lying hadn’t been the best idea. Joonmyun always had been able to see right through him. “Maybe I am a little tired.” More than a little tired really, throwing up had left him feeling even more drained than he had done before. “But I can sleep as much as I want tomorrow so it’s fine.” He could struggle through the next few hours if it meant making Joonmyun happy.

Only it seemed Joonmyun would be happier if he would just listen to him because he was frowning now. “I’m taking you home.” He told him, his voice firm.

And Jongin immediately protested. “But you can’t do that. People will want to know why and when we don’t tell them they’ll come up with their own theories. Ridiculous theories like, I don’t know, they’ll think I’m just rude or that we argued and like a kid I demanded to be…” And then there was a hand cupping his cheek and lips against his making him completely lose his train of thought.

“That’s better.” Joonmyun said, pulling back and looking up at him. “Now be honest with me, how are you feeling?”

“Like crap.” Jongin admitted still feeling a little shell-shocked. “You do know I was throwing up in here like five minutes ago don’t you?” he asked wondering what on earth had possessed Joonmyun to kiss him when he knew that information.

Joonmyun shrugged. “It shut you up. And anyway I saw you rinsing your mouth out, so I calculated the odds and  figured it was worth the risk.”

Well when he put it that way Jongin supposed it made sense. And when it came to being shut up he had to admit he didn’t really mind being kissed into silence especially not when it was Joonmyun doing the kissing.

“And that’s what we’ll say.” he said next and Jongin frowned in confusion.

“What do you mean that’s what we’ll say?”

“We’ll just tell people you’re ill, that you have a migraine or something. Then I’ll take you home and no one will think you’re a brat.”

“You don’t have to do that.” Jongin told him. “I mean I’ll go home if you want but I can get a taxi.” He added when it looked like Joonmyun was going to start arguing again. “I don’t want you to miss out just because I’m acting like a wuss.” Plenty of people managed to get through their first few months of pregnancy just fine without ing and whining about how tired they were, he couldn’t help feeling he was being a bit of a baby about it.

“I do have to.” Joonmyun objected. “It’s my job to look after you, you and our baby.”

And that was it that was what made Jongin give in. Two simple words, ‘our baby’. He didn’t stand a chance after that, every time Joonmyun said them he melted into a puddle of goo. He wasn’t usually so sentimental. Maybe it was the hormones. “Okay” he mumbled with a nod. “Take me home.” He was sure there was a ridiculously soppy grin on his face but he tried not to worry too much about it. There was nothing wrong with being happy he thought as Joonmyun slipped an arm through his and started towing him towards the door. As awful as he felt they were getting a baby out of this, a family of their own. If that wasn’t worth a few months of feeling ty he didn’t know what was.  

 

 

----

AN: So drabble one and it's pointless rambling. But it's a start and I hope you like it.