The 'Boy'.

The Doctor.
 
It was one hell of a morning.
And by that, it basically means that Sunggyu and Woohyun were being pushed around by Nana.
 
Sunggyu shot a glare at Sungyeol to ask him to control his wife, but Sungyeol didn't dare. His wife was pregnant and it was an unofficial written law for all men that they do not go against their wives when they're pregnant. But Woohyun took over the matter within minutes and told Nana to settle down or he'll get angry.
 
Since Nana likes giving empty threats now, he thought to do the same.
It usually wasn't a good sign when Woohyun gets angry because he seldom gets angry.
 
He told Nana not to disappoint him and just calm down first.
 
"Expanding the house will be good for us. For all of us in fact. You can't just let us suffer in this small house you know. We need space and with this growing capacity of ours, expanding or moving out is only a matter of time issue."
"But-"
"We're not leaving now. We're just making precautious Nana. And it's needed, so please understand us. Don't make our lives difficult by bossing us around so much. You're our sister, and we love you. But a man needs his space. As for Sungyeol, you can go boss him around for all you want. He's your husband."
 
Sunggyu thought Woohyun was being really rude. But strangely, Nana took no offence to his scolding. She just thought about it for a while, move a few steps back, looked up at Woohyun with a thinking expression and smiled and said okay. Sunggyu dropped the fork in his hands, was it that easy? Although what Woohyun said was facts, why was he so afraid of just saying the facts then? What was he suffering all these while for?
 
Sadly, Sungyeol did get bossed around after and the only rest he had was when his wife took  her now usual afternoon nap. During that short hour or two, he would normally sit down beside Myungsoo and asked if this was how it was when Yvonne was pregnant. Myungsoo replied by saying this was only the beginning. It wasn't as if Sungyeol didn't know the hardships he had gone through when Yvonne wanted to eat something so ridiculous at three in the morning. Myungsoo had woken Sungyeol up at that timing so that the other husband could drive him to the place.
 
Sungyeol felt he had two wives that period of time.
And that Myungsoo was training him for the future on what to do.
 
In any case, there was still a lot of love in the house. Although Hoya and Dongwoo were still single, they were too into their own world to care about the couple ones in the house. Hoya was so in love and adoring all the animals in the animal hospital, while Dongwoo was too in love with his life and his music and of course, Hanuel. Sadly, then, Woohyun seemed like the odd one out. He couldn't do his dramatic moments with any of them anymore since they were all so busy with their own lives. It was that sad truth that Woohyun had to accept it regardless.
 
Nobody needed him.
 
It was harsh, thinking that way when they had enforced one another to absolutely not think that way for almost ten years. Yet here he was, sitting on the dining table, having breakfast with his family, sulking about how lonely he felt inside. It wasn't a lie when he say he was still busy with work. He had taken up another course to expand his knowledge. But the half truth was that he wanted to waste all his extra time that he had after work. He felt sorry to lie to Nana, but there were some truth that he couldn't handle. After tonight, the course would have ended and he would have nothing else to do, again.
 
Locking himself in his room didn't sound very appealing.
 
He left home earlier than usual, lying to his family that he was needed at work. Maybe he could just tell the hospital to give him more shifts, he wouldn't mind spending time on patients that needed him. But that would mean some poor newbie doctor would have a lesser chance to learn. It would be selfish of him to think of himself and not of others. The hospital delegates equal number of shifts to all doctors so he couldn't just step in because he wanted to. No, he would have to think about something else.
 
Walking out, he saw his car. Yes he had his own car now, since he was richer, and there was space in front of the cafe/house to park another car. Like Sunggyu, he fancied the brand Audi and got himself a R8. Yet even though he had his own car, he didn't feel like taking it to work today.
 
So instead, and unusally, he chose to squeeze with the other patrons on the public transport. The nurses on shift were always happy to see him when he walks into the hospital. They called him the Dr Eye Candy. Apparantly any female patients who was looked after by Woohyun didn't want to leave even though they had fully recovered. It was unfortunate for someone to want to stay in the hospital truthfully.
 
His handsome appearance could make anyone's day and with just one smile, he could make any nurse faint too. It was tragic. The male patients weren't so bad, they too enjoyed his company and jokes. The hospital was that close to proclaiming Woohyun as their Prince even though they knew he dislike it. Therefore after ignoring the usual sqeals from the nurses, he went on with his routines after putting his white coat on - Making his rounds, performed two surgeries and attend a lecture where he was the lecturer and another lecture where he was the student. When he was done, it was only four in the late afternoon.
 
It was time for him to leave, sadly.
 
Normally, Woohyun disliked it when he had to stay back since he was anxious to head back to his family. But recently, he wished someone would ask him back, even if it was for dinner or whatsoever, he wouldn't mind. But no one did. Maybe because they already knew what kind of person Woohyun was and tried not to disturb him that much after work.
 
So at four exactly, Woohyun left the hospital with a smile for everyone. Yet the moment he walked outside, the smile instantly disappeared and he was lost, not knowing what to do right now. With some hope, he went towards the park nearby. It was a lovely park to be honest, even in late Spring - The green grass, the playgrounds and the breeze, it would've been a perfect moment if only he had someone beside him.
 
Wait.
What?
 
Had he just wished for someone to be beside him?
 
Woohyun stopped walking for a while and shook his head, as if he was thinking about something extrememly wrong. He corrected himself and believed that he actually meant one of his brothers and not some girl that he would find in the middle of the park. Not wanting to act like a fool, he sat down on one of the benches nearby. All the other benches were filled other than one which he was on, with a 'boy' beside him. Woohyun sat down quickly before the spot was taken and rest his back. All his memories about last night came back to him and he accidentally fell asleep.
 
He had a nightmare.
 

 
"Hyung please, don't leave me! Don't take Appa and Omma with you!"
"You should have listened to me Woohyun, you shouldn't have left home when I begged you not to."
"I was wrong! Please... please give me one more chance!"
 

 
The nightmare haunted Woohyun and he began crying in the middle of the park. The 'boy' beside him woke up from his own nap when he heard Woohyun crying and making all kinds of weird noises. He nudged and shook Woohyun until the Doctor woke up and fell to the ground, his legs weak to support his own fear.
 
"Hey are you alright?"
 
Woohyun looked up to a pair of bright brown eyes and realized the the kid's voice was a tad too high for him. Judging from his height, Woohyun thought the kid hasn't break his voice yet. He got up from the ground and said he was fine. But the words felt more like a confirmation to himself than to the others wondering and watching out for him.
 
"Do you need to go to a hospital?"
"I'm a doctor."
 
It became a habit for Woohyun to say those three words that he just shot itout without thinking.
The 'boy' however, didn't seem too happy about it.
 
"Well, then for heaven's sake take care of yourself! You scared everyone when you were whimpering like a dog. You're a doctor yet you don't know how to take care of yourself. What a quark doctor."
 
Woohyun got a shock when he heard that kid spoke. Were the kids these days so loud and rowdy? But Woohyun got another shock when he saw the 'kid' taking off his cap. Oh gosh. he's a girl! Woohyun couldn't help but stare because she was a really pretty girl, probably a few years younger than he was. She let down her bunned up long hair and it dropped nicely onto her shoulder.
 
"You're a girl?!"
 
She turned and stared at Woohyun with a strong and angry expression.
 
"Yah! What was that supposed to mean!"
"I just thought you were a guy since you had your hair up. Why are you getting so angry for!"
"So I guess you'll like it if I called you a girl right, even though you have short hair?"
"That's not what I meant!"
"Oh really, then what did you mean! You just called me a guy!"
 
They went on bickering. Woohyun could see the flames rising above the girl's head while he actually enjoyed this bickering. It reminded him of the old times, where Sunggyu and himself would talk about ridiculous things. But Sunggyu always gives in in the end and it became a short and boring bicker. This girl right in front of him went on for about ten minutes with him till everyone in the park was staring at them.
 
"Oh damn look what you've done! I'm late for work now! Damn that old man wouldn't like it!"
"What work, you're working, don't make me laugh!"
"I work at a construction site doctor, is that low class enough for you? Damn, got to go now. Hope we'll never have to see each other again!"
 
Woohyun secretly hoped not. She stuck out her tongue at him before speeding out of the park. She had intend to take a short nap before her afternoon job when Woohyun woke her up. She groaned and grumbled loudly before taking her bag and putting on her cap. As she reached the entrace of the park, she turned back to glare at Woohyun, which he thought it was adorable.
 
"In case we meet again jerk, I'm a girl and my name is Yoon Bomi!"
 
She flicked her nose with her thumb and started running as fast as she could away. Woohyun dropped his briefcase with his lips shaped in an O. What just happened? He had a bicker with a random girl, made some mistakes that was honestly his, and caused the poor girl to be late for her own work. Woohyun felt a short dull pain in his heart and frowned heavily because he didn't understand why. It was a very short meeting but he felt as if he had known the girl for her whole life. It was awkward, and wrong, and right at the same time.
 
Just last night he had convinced himself and everyone at home that he didn't need a girl. Yet right now, he was looking and thinking about that girl. It was weird. Very weird. Woohyun looked up at the sky and stared at it. Was this Sungjong's doing again? Just last night he complained that he was lonely and suddenly this girl barging into his life.
 
Woohyun would definitely believe she was barging into his life because even right now, after five minutes of just thinking to himself, he had not once got that girl's face or name out of his mind. It wasn't like she wanted to enter his mind, but she was in it whether he or she liked it. She was definitely barging into his life.
 
Yoon Bomi.
 
That cute name didn't fit her strong-hearted character one bit. But then, after that one second of consideration, he thought it did suit her well. She was so adorable when she stuck her tongue out, or when she puffed up her cheeks when she was really heated up during their bickering. Woohyun chortled to himself, causing onlookers to stare at him. He quickly cleared his throat when he found his sanity and started heading home. It was close to dinner anyway.
 
But this dinner was going to be different.
Namstar was pretty sure he'll be smiling throughout dinner and not with that usual sadness.
 
Just one short appearance of a not normal girl and he was already smiling like a fool.
God help him.
He might have been struck by that uncanny love at first sight thing.
 

 
He spent two hours on his meal.
 
The guys couldn't understand what was wrong with their crazy Mi-dearest now. And although he was smiling instead of that usual sighing and sulking, they worried slightly for him. It was nice to see this change in him, but they couldn't stand how he had been giggling and laughing at himself for the whole dinner and after that as well. Nana thought Woohyun had gone crazy with lonliness but Sunggyu retorted that it wasn't.
 
"Something must have either happened at work, or on his way home."
"Such as?"
"Do I look like I would know Dongwoo? That guy is still laughing and I'm very worried that he might laugh till the night. I can't sleep like that."
"Neither can all of us."
 
Sunggyu rolled his eyes when he felt the others' eyes on him
 
"Don't make this my problem again. If you guys really want to know what's wrong, go ask him yourself. Don't send glances across the hall to collaborate on who's going to do your dirty work. And don't boss Sungyeol around so much, the man is a husband, and even though his wife is a little thing, she does have a temper that matches mine. Which I find it ironic."
 
Sungyeol sent Sunggyu a grateful look and finally sat down in the living room with a huge sigh of relief. He was so tired from work today that he could just doze off to sleep if his wife hadn't wake him up.
 
"Oppa, go check on Woohyun oppa."
"Sunggyu hyung already said it's fine. You don't have to worry for Woohyun all the time."
"But I'm pregnant, and I want to know!"
 
Sunggyu was sighing deeply and shaking his head, as if he was trying to hold back his anger. Hoya and Hyuna had been cutting fruits in the kitchen so they couldn't see what was going on. But Nana had the gall to ask Sunggyu to go see Woohyun even when he already said earlier on to not bother Woohyun. He turned and saw her acting like a small child, complaining time and time that she was pregnant.
 
"So what if you're pregnant?"
 
The house went into a stoney silence. Nana was suddenly afraid of Sunggyu and this time, Sungyeol wasn't going to help her because he had already went to the room to shower. Myungsoo and Yvonne were beside them though, they didn't seem too bothered with the way Sunggyu was treating Nana. In truth, they were starting to think she was getting more and more unbearable because of her pregnancy.
 
"Sunggyu oppa?"
 
Sunggyu didn't fall for her puppy eye look.
 
"I'm asking, so what if you're pregnant?"
"Oppa..? I-I.."
 
Sunggyu tsked at her.
His irritation for her shown through.
 
"I'm not saying this now because Sungyeol isn't here. Believe me, even if he's here, I'lll still say this. Nana, don't use your pregnancy as a way to get others to do every damn thing for you. When Yvonne was pregnant, I didn't see her pushing us around. And don't say Sungyeol isn't Myungsoo because from the way I see it, they're about the same. The husbands are, not the wives. Sungyeol would do everything for you just like how Myungsoo had done everything for Yvonne when she'd asked. Control yourself. We're not your slaves, we're your family."
 
Nana's tears were threatening to fall. Hyuna and Hoya had returned in time to hear what Sunggyu had said and Hyuna rushed towards Nana and asked what was wrong. Nana told her everything and even blamed Sunggyu for making her so unhappy. Hyuna glared at Sunggyu but Sunggyu wasn't his old nice self anymore, he was done getting pushed around by Nana. He raised his hand to tell Hyuna to keep quiet while he openly glared back at Nana.
 
"Look at you right now. Maybe the way you act now is how your kid will be in the future. Yvonne was quiet and helpful and look how Ren is right now. I have this feeling that your kid might be one spoiled brat if Sungyeol continues to let you do whatever you want. And I'll surely be moving out before the baby comes then."
 
Sunggyu got up from his seat and stretched his whole body. In truth, he wasn't even half done with Nana. But looking at her sad face, he decided to just pretend he had not seen those tears. He made his intentions were clear before he walking away to his room. Sungyeol had just came out and he told the taller man what he had said and made Nana cry. Sungyeol frowned, but he knew his brother meant well. He just nodded before heading towards Nana. Hyuna was trying to comfort the crying girl.
 
Yvonne seemed oblivious. But when her husband told her to say something, she reluctantly turned back to face her best friend. Nana probably expected her to be on her side, but to no one's surprise really, Yvonne was on Sunggyu's side.
 
"I won't say I support him a hundred percent. But I won't lie and say what he said was wrong. Nana, as your best friend and a mother now, I have to say you're being very dramatic amd mean. Sunggyu oppa was right, you've changed. You're lazier and hurtful to others. If Sunggyu oppa hadn't said anything just now, I will. And I'll scold you too. Don't hurt Sungyeol this way. He accepted everything because he loves you, too much in fact, that he couldn't scold you when it was time to. But I love you Nana, I love you alot, so I have to tell you where you're right. And right now, you're in a wrong."
 
Nana tried not to let her tears fall anymore. She knew during pregnancy a woman's emotions go on a roller coaster ride. Woohyun had told her everything she needed to know before. So right now, she's trying to hold back her tears. And she knew her child would be perfect too when she changed over a new leaf. She understood Sunggyu's words now and apologized to Sungyeol with a kiss on his cheek.
 
Hoya felt more relieved that everything was fine right now. At first he thought a heated argument was about to happen and had been thinking who to help. But looking at things, he knew Nana was still that good and smart girl he knew years ago. Only one thing seemed out of place, and that Woohyun wasn't beside them. In fact, to his surprise, when he knocked on Woohyun's room and went in to check on him, he realized there wasn't any laughing anymore. And that was because Woohyun had fallen asleep.
 
A drastic change to the once noisy giggling house.
The house was suddenly so quiet that it actually felt eerie.
 
Maybe tomorrow he'll ask why Woohyun was smiling so much. But on the other hand, he might cause Woohyun to remember what he was laughing about and get him into another round of fits. Hoya had to choose the lesser of the two worst - hearing Woohyun laugh all morning, or get dirty looks from his other family member because they still didn't know what Woohyun was happy about.
 
One way or another, they'll eventually find out.
Or more like, they all had to know what was wrong with their Mi-dearest.
 

 
He was late.
He was late.
He was very very late.
 
Woohyun woke up late the next day. He had finally had a good night's sleep and woke up just in time to grab a toast and go to work. His nightmares left him alone last night. And it was because he'd dreamt of Bomi defending him from his nightmares. It was the damnest thing since he was supposed to the protector while she, the damsal in distress. It sounded so fairy-tale for him that he hoped he never understood it. But when he got to the dining table to grab a toast, he suddenly thought of one thing that made him drop his briefcase.
 
"Nam are you alright?"
 
What if she isn't there anymore?
 
That six words flashed through his mind and he actually started getting worried for it. He quickly sober up from his shock and grabbed his toast, said he was late and goodbye the others. He took his R8 today, since he needed to rush to the hospital. But at the back of his mind, he wished he could see that Bomi again later. Sure she was a girl, and probably one hundred percent different from what he had orginially thought a dream girl would look like. But he still had more sense than that old man Sunggyu did. At least he'd accepted this attractions for Bomi last night.
 
Sunggyu had taken two weeks to accept that, and he sure as hell wasn't going to do the same thing. In any case, work in the hospital was the same as usual. He had to make sure his poker face was on since he didn't want anyone to see his extreme happiness. He knew he looked like a fool, he realized that. And that day, he interrupted on a very important meeting and said he was in a rush wehn it was four. He said he was needed urgently by someone. What a lie honestly. The board let him off of course, since saving people's life was more important than silly important meetings.
 
He drove his car down to the same park and headed straight for the benches.
 
There she was, his 'knight'.
 
She was sleeping again. And this time, her cap was covering her face and her long hair was let down. She was asleep with her head sliding off and Woohyun quickly went to sit beside her, closely. Her head naturally dropped to his shoulder and she mumbled something about so nice and felt deeper into her sleep. Woohyun spent the next twenty minutes smiling like an idiot to himself which hugging his briefcase and staring at that now seeable innocent face. She was so adorable. Other than her crude words and strong body language, she was actually a princess in disguise.
 
Woohyun groaned when he thought about that fairy-tale thing again. What was the matter with him, out of all the guys, he was probably the one who believed in those princess things the least. Or maybe not at all. Why was he thinking about this right now like some sort of young school boy that has a crush. Suddenly, Woohyun heard an alarm and he turned to check whose it was. It belonged to her, and she finally got up from her sleep. She stretched and yawned before turning to see who was so kind to lend her his shoulder.
 
Her eyes widened when she saw Woohyun sitting so closely beside her.
 
"You again! What do you want now?"
"I forgot to give you my name. It's Nam Woohyun."
"Whatever, I didn't ask for it anyway."
"I didn't ask for yours yesterday either. I just thought it was fair."
"Like I said, whatever. So can you tell me what are you doing here now? And please don't bull me that you wanted to see me."
 
Woohyun let out a wide grin.
 
"As a matter of fact, I do. I came here to ask you out for dinner."
"Don't make me laugh."
"I'm serious. I came here to ask you out for dinner."
"Not interested. But thanks for asking I guess."
 
She got up and stretched her back, her eyes however, stayed on Woohyun who was thinking deep. She rolled her eyes at this doctor who thinks he can change her life just by asking her out for dinner. Was all doctors like that? That was ridiculous. She checked her phone and saw that it was time to leave, so she quickly pulled her bag towards her and arranged her cap nicely before leaving. Woohyun couldn't allow her to leave just like. But he had no idea how to persuade her to have dinner with him. He stood up when she was just two metres away.
 
"I'll wait for you here!"
"What?"
"I know you have work now but I'll wait for you. I really wish to have dinner with you!"
"But I don't want to. So you can just go away. You can stay here all night, it won't matter to me anyway."
"I'll wait for you. It's a deal Yoon Bomi!"
 
Bomi blinked and let out a deep sigh before walking away. It had been a long time since she had heard someone calling her full name. It sounded like music from his lips strangely. Bomi had to shake her head a few times to get that thought out of her head. She turned back and saw that he was staring at her while smiling widely. He waved before Bomi finally ran for it. She needed to get away from Woohyun. She thought he was stupid, did everyone think that construction work was just a few hours, she had work till three in the morning, was he going to wait for her till then, she didn't think so.
 
Nor did she believed so.
 

 
She didn't meet Woohyun that night.
 
After work, she went back home directly. But not one moment did the thought of Woohyun waiting in the park left her mind. She was worried that he might still be waiting there. But she thought she knew better, a rich doctor like him would never wait for a girl like her. He was teasing her for all the things she said yesterday. So she fought the urge. Walking into her small moldy house, she pretended that she had never heard of the name Nam Woohyun before.
 
 
He was still there.
 
He had kept to his words and checked his watch for what seems to be the fifty-eight time since four. At the same time thinking what on earth Bomi was working till. Sadly, it started to rain by three-thirty in the morning, and in any normal person's mind, he should have just gone home when he recognized the gesture that she wasn't going to come. But Woohyun waited. In his mind, he wondered if Bomi was caught in the rain like he was, he wondered if she needed him to pick her up. But since he didn't have Bomi's number, he didn't move from his spot since he didn't want Bomi to think he had left like some sort of drama.
 
He waited in the rain, protecting his briefcase so that he wouldn't get robbed in the night. He shivered badly, but refused to move from his spot at all. Checking his watch for the last time, he finally fell asleep on the bench, under the rain.
 
 
That night, Woohyun realized two things.
 
He had waited till four in the morning before passing out.
And he was utterly in love with the girl he had only saw twice.
 
Because no guy in the right mind would wait for a girl for full twelve hours, doing nothing, and getting wet in the rain.