A Surprise.

The Doctor.
 
The trip back home was in absolute silence.
Not because it was awkward, but because they didn't need to talk.
 
The silence was comforting, not one bit distressing at all.
And that was a huge change for them.
 
"So, home?"
"Yes. And speaking of which, where have you been living all these while?"
"Our old house."
"Your old house?"
 
Woohyun grinned before explaining.
 
"Before living above the cafe, the eight of us used to live in a big house down the road."
"The eight of you, who's the ninth?"
"Hyuna. We only got to know her about a month ago. And she basically moved in then."
"Oh I know. So just like you, Sunggyu saw her on the road and took her home?"
"No baby. I'm one of a kind."
 
He winked at her.
 
"Hyuna and Sunggyu was one problematic couple, just like. She was in a real danger back then and we saved her. Or actually, Sunggyu saved her. And he fell in love with her in the midst of everything. They got through this really tough period before getting to where they are right now. It's a long story. You can ask Hyung or Hyuna to tell you about it when we get back."
 
Bomi nodded.
 
"That means, all these while, you were just down the road from us?"
"Sunggyu didn't want to sell that house even though it's empty, so I stayed there to save money."
"What have you been doing this whole week?"
"Nothing really. Cleaning the house, cooking for myself before heading down to the field."
"Why did you go there anyway?"
 
He stopped at a red light, and turned to look at her.
 
"Because I can't sleep."
"Can't sleep..?"
"My nightmares came back. I-I've been having nightmares about my parents' and brother's death."
"But, why are you having nightmares?"
 
Green light.
He began driving.
 
"I don't know. Ever since Sunggyu found Hyuna, they're back. He was always my shield of some sort, and now he's gone because of Hyuna. I'm not blaming her of course. And all these was before I got to know you. When we first met and you woke me up from my nightmares when I was crying in the park, the nightmares disappeared, because of you."
 
Bomi looked surprised.
 
"It's like a miracle. And I slept better ever since. You were my knight, the one who woke me from the horror in my life. Call me childish for comparing this with a fairytale, but it's true. I've been going to the field because the memory of us there allows me to sleep better. It can't be compared with the real you of course."
 
He stepped on his accelerator.
 
"I'm upgrading you to a Prince now, after you kissed me up again."
"And you're the Princess?"
"Isn't that nice?"
 
She slapped his arm playfully, but smiled nonetheless.
 
"At least you're back now. It was a torture to sleep in your room without you."
"You really miss me don't you? And you really love me too, right?"
 
Bomi couldn't blame Woohyun for being uneasy about her new show of affection. She'd appeared out of nowhere, kissed him hungrily and then told him she loves him a week after he tried her. If that wasn't weird, she didn't know what was. However, she knew one important thing - she was not going to allow him doubt her feelings for him anymore.
 
"I do Namu, I love you, a lot."
"You can't take back what you said. Promise me this isn't some plot to bring me home."
"I'm not that shallow and low alright? At least, I'm not as low as that Sunggyu oppa."
"What did he ever do to you to make you hate him this much?"
"I don't hate him.
"Then you have a really funny way of showing it."
 
Feeling the car stop at another red light, Bomi suddenly pulled Woohyun towards her and kissed him.
 
"Please keep doing that."
"You wish don't you?"
"All the time from now on."
 
She pressed a peck on his cheek before the green light appeared.
Woohyun got slight annoyed at the traffic lights.
 
"Should I stop at a corner so that we can continue this?"
"I don't think we'll ever get home that way."
 
Pouting, he drove faster.
Maybe they could continue this at home instead.
 
"So what's the story between you and Sunggyu?"
"Promise you'll hear me out before you get mad?"
 
He frowned.
 
"What makes you think I'll get mad, is it bad?"
"Maybe. Dongwoo oppa told me not to tell you this if you're driving. So.."
"I can control myself. What's it about?"
"My story, and my secret that I'd kept from you all these while."
"Finally. I've waited long enough for this. Start."
 
And she began.
Although she was sure Woohyun won't be this cheerful when she was done.
 

 
Watching him from the side, she bit her lips uneasily.
Woohyun's grip on the steering wheel was so tight, that Bomi swore he had made a dent.
 
"Namu.."
"He did that to you?!"
"Namu wait-"
"I'm going to kill that fuc-"
"You won't. I didn't tell you this to make you a murderer. You're a doctor!"
"Not anymore. And I've never been this happy to take my badge off."
 
She sighed exasperatedly.
 
"You're an impossible man. Look, you're not going to kill him."
"I won't. I'll just make his life a living hell."
"Can you stop being an ? And if there's someone who's going to kill him, it should be me."
"Hell, you wish. You're so weak he probably won't feel a thing."
 
Bomi was offended.
She hated being underestimated.
 
"I worked at a construction site! I am strong!"
"You still won't be stronger than a guy. I'm the better choice to inflict pain to that ."
"Aish! Just stand in line, you're not the only one who wants him hurt!"
 
Woohyun finally smiled when he got the right reaction from her. Yet underneath that short smile of his, he was furious. It didn't make any sense that Bomi had to slave away for that crazy and disgusting man for five years. She was sorely mistreated and held captive like a prisoner before she'd escaped. The thought of her in so much pain shot hatred into his system. He was definitely going to make that man pay for whatever Bomi had suffered for.
 
"Fine. So what's Sunggyu's role in this?"
"He found my mother."
"That soon?"
"Why is it that you don't seem surprised that he found my mother, but that he found her this quickly?"
"Because I know the man very well. Trust me. I know what he's been doing even though I was gone."
 
Bomi arched her eyebrows, puzzled at what he meant.
Why was he making Sunggyu sound like a double agent or a gangster even?
 
"Okay... So he made a deal with me after he spoke with my mother."
"And the deal is?"
"He said he'll only tell me what's going on after I found you."
 
Woohyun stepped on the break so hard that Bomi would have fell out of the window in front if not for the seatbelt. The cars behind the R8 honked loudly. But the Doctor was oblivious to all this. He blinked twice, swallowed hard, and started the engine again. His mind was in a maze now because of Sunggyu. No wonder Bomi called him a slick. Gosh it hurts to know the real reason why Bomi came to find him.
 
"Don't be mistaken. I didn't find you because of that deal."
"Really, then why did you come? Why do I feel so hurt that you're only here because Sunggyu told you to."
"Because I believed you'll come back!"
 
Bomi raised her voice, disappointed that he thought so lowly of her.
Woohyun parked at the roadside.
He wasn't confident he won't kill someone by accident now.
 
And he refused to look at Bomi.
 
"After you'd left, I've been using your stuff. Wearing your clothes because they smell like you and sleeping on your bed. At night, I'd imagined you were beside me even though you're not. And that is how much I'd missed you. Sunggyu oppa told me to find you - That was a week ago. I didn't run out of the house immediately. I didn't even think about finding you. I just waited."
 
Bomi took a deep breath and stared Woohyun's reflection from the rear view mirror.
She continued when he took a peek at her.
 
"But I won't lie. No matter how much I miss you, I was still scared of you. I-I can't forgive you then for what you did to me. I love my mother dearly, and I'll do anything to see her again. But even that, couldn't bring me to search for you. But then, earlier today, Sungyeol oppa told me you'll always be where your happiness is. And I know then, you'll be at the lavender field, because it was there that I told you I had feelings for you and even kissed you. And just like I thought, you were there.
 
She dare not look at Woohyun now, even though he had turned to see her.
 
"That moment, I knew I was wrong. I want to be happy, and I need you to be happy. So be it if you hurt or me again, I needed to find you. And knowing you were there only increased my assurance that we'll be fine as long as we had each other. I ran away from the debt I had to pay with my life, to be happy, with you. The bloody chain may be keeping me in hell, but I'll bring you with me."
 
She was rambling on, talking junk that she had no clue of.
 
"Don't you see, I can't be happy when my mother is suffering, I just can't. But here I am. After working to protect my mother with money, I came to find you. I don't need to, but I did. I have no interest in knowing that damn explanation that Sunggyu oppa owes me. I came because I want to see you. Because the memory of the field reminded me of how happy I was when I'm with you. I want that happiness again, so I'm here."
 
Bomi still refused to look at Woohyun. It was hard for her to do this, why couldn't he see that instead of doubting her and her feelings again and again. It hurts her too. He, on the other hand, moved his hand forward to caress her cheeks and tilt her face to him. She had her eyes closed, refusing to see him still. But instead of hearing his voice, Bomi felt Woohyun kissing gently. And her eyes easily sprung opened. It was slightly uncomfortable to kiss in the car, but she found herself melting at the gentleness and sweetness of the kiss.
 
It was chocolate this time, thick, molten sweet chocolate.
She her lips when he pulled back.
 
"Don't do that."
"Do what?"
" your lips after a kiss, it's making me hard."
"I did offer."
 
He kissed her again.
This time, harder, to show that he meant what he said.
 
She her lips again.
 
"Stop doing that."
"I can't help it. You taste like chocolate again. Liquid chocolate this time."
"Liquid chocolate?"
"Because it's hot that the chocolate melted?"
 
Woohyun chuckled before pecking her lips one last time. Starting the car for the third time, he drove off. Bomi however, was unsure about what was going on. Was he still mad at her, was he unhappy that she didn't tell him the full truth at first?
 
She had to know.
 
"What's on your mind Namu?"
"That my girl needs to be kissed every ten minutes."
"I do not!"
"So you don't want my chocolate kisses?"
"You're not playing fair."
"It's not my fault that you like my lips."
"Then I won't kiss you. We're even now."
 
She smirked to herself.
He hissed low, flustered at how his plan had backfired.
 
"Okay, you don't need to be kissed every ten minutes, can we kiss and make up now?"
"We'll see. I'm not in a rush to kiss anyway. I'll just wait until someone breaks down with need."
 
She winked at him.
 
"That was below the belt baby. Give oppa a kiss please?"
"Tell me what you were thinking about first!"
"I told you! I didn't lie!"
 
Bomi murmured to herself.
His turn to grin.
 
"Fine. Then tell me what you thought about me coming to get you."
"Oh that."
"Yes?"
"It was very sweet of you darling."
"You're driving me crazy Nam Woohyun."
"Glad to know I can still do that."
 
She ignored him. But through the rear mirrors, he saw her smiling cutely to herself. And he felt so much happier inside. It was weird how their bickerings always makes them smile. Although now, he would much rather have her lips on his than these bickers. Yet there was only so much he could allow himself with Bomi. Of course he wants her, and waiting was much harder than he thought.
 
Despite that, there was something that bothers him more than the that he needed. Woohyun knew something was off, like Bomi wasn't fully his affection-wise, even though she had confirmed it thrice. He had a strong sixth sense that someone was going to take her away, and he trusted his gut feeling really well.
 
But who?
 

 
They stopped by the old house to collect his belongings.
And reached home within the next three minutes.
 
As he parked directly outside the cafe, he was pretty sure his family had heard his R8's engine. But he didn't want to see them yet. He wanted a little more private time with Bomi. She was out of the car already though, and Woohyun had to speed up to get to her before she got to the main door, the seperate entry from the cafe.
 
"Bomi wait."
"Huh, what's up? We're home Namu!"
 
He ignored her statement about home since home for him was wherever she was ever since they met. Quickly, he pulled out a small box from his luggage and rushed to her side. It was something he had gotten for her the first time they went shopping together and he never got the chance to give it to her. For the past week, that ring was all he stared hours at. Because staring at it brought the memories of the promise he had made for himself and Bomi. He wanted to give her this very ring to bind their love together.
 
To him, it was a promise ring.
 
Taking her fragile hand up, he took the tiny ring and slipped it onto her left middle finger. Bomi's heart was pounding hard against her ribs when she saw the ring on her finger. Looking up at him for an explanation, he kissed her instead. Her hand against his chest, their face close.
 
"Yoon Bomi. I promise, and swear, that from today onwards, or actually from the day we met, I will protect and love you forever. I'll stay faithful to only you, and I will find you if you run from me, I'll run to the end of the world to make sure we're always together. You're the first girl I'd ever love. And I hope you won't ever break my heart. I love you, so much more than you can ever imagine."
 
And he sealed his promise with a kiss. Bomi was tearing from his confession yet smiling. She didn't care for the ring honestly. He could give her a ring made of flowers or grass, she would still love it. But what she loved the most was that Woohyun would never forget his promises. He was hers, to the very end of forever.
 
So wrapping her hands around his neck, she pulled him closer to her. He smiled into the kiss, loving their arrangement to the bits. But deep into the kiss under the night sky, they heard cheering and applause coming from the house, and finally broke apart to see who it was. All of them were there, smiling like the silly fools they were.
 
"Welcome back hyung!"
"Welcome back oppa!"
 
Woohyun nodded before telling them to go back into the house so that he could continue kissing Bomi.
They scoffed at his behaviour.
Like he didn't need them when he has Bomi, what a traitor.
 
"I'll love to interrupt Nam, and I need to speak to Bomi now."
"Over my death body, she's mine today. Talk to her tomorrow."
"You're saying I'm not yours tomorrow Namu?"
"That's not what I meant darling."
 
Sunggyu shivered at the show of affection and told them to stop this instant.
Woohyun frowned heavily.
 
"What's the matter?"
"I'm expecting a very important guest and I need you two inside now. Better yet, Bomi get away from him."
"But why Sunggyu oppa?"
"It's very important. If you ever want to have Nam beside you, get inside right now."
"Damn it hyung, what is it!"
 
But Sunggyu had saw a cab heading their way and without a care, pulled Bomi indoors. He rushed into the house with everyone following closely behind. Turning around, he told Bomi to look presentable quickly, she asked why.
 
"You looked manhandled by Nam."
"That bad?"
"It's important Bomi, we're having a guest. Go change or what not, hurry!"
 
If Bomi thought Sunggyu had gone insane, she chose not to comment on it and swiftly did as she was told. Sunggyu told her to come out soon as possible as well and Woohyun also thought the oldest had gone nuts. He told him to be nicer to Bomi and patted him on the back.
 
"I'm doing this for you Nam. You better repay me one day."
"What are you talking about? Aren't you happy to see me?"
"I'll be happy later. We're expecting a guest how many times must I say it! Go tidy your hair!"
 
Woohyun thought Sunggyu sounded like his old man that moment, but quickly did as he was told with a push from the oldest. He heard a car stopping in front of their house and sped up. Who could possibly be this important.. As the others already knew who was coming, they began rushing Woohyun and Bomi too, and kept quiet when the couple came out of the room. Woohyun looked more refreshed, while Bomi looked tidier with her hair brushed.
 
When she attempted to walk towards Woohyun, Sunggyu stopped her.
 
Not now!"
 
He hissed at her just as the doorbell rang. Everyone stood still while Sunggyu moved to answer the door. From where the door was, they couldn't see who was at the door unless they went forward to look, or when the guest walked in. Standing at the door and still unknown, the guest spoke with a clear yet heavily accented voice.
 
"I'm looking for Kim Sunggyu."
"I'm here. It's nice to see you Mrs Jung."
"How many times have I told you to call me Imo. Imoooo!"
 
Sunggyu chuckled.
 
"Yes Ahjumma."
"Aish! You young thing!"
 
They watched as Sunggyu joked with the guest and invited her in. Bomi however, thought the guest's voice sounded strangely familiar. So when the lady walked in with her long hair bouncing, Bomi had a big shock when she saw who it was. Tears instantly sprang out of her eyes and Woohyun rushed forward to ask what was wrong. But she ignored him. In fact, she was oblivious to everyone other than the guest who had just spotted her. The older woman smiled brightly while hiding back her own tears.
 
"Hello baby, do you remember me?"
 
Woohyun frowned.
Who was this woman to call his girl baby?"
 
"Who are yo-"
"Omma!"
 
Woohyun turned his head so quickly that Sunggyu thought it was coming off. Bomi ran towards her mother and hugged her tight. Her mother, Jung Eunji, was so happy that she picked the small girl off the floor and spun her around. She laughed loudly and kissed her beautiful daughter's cheek and forehead many times.
 
"How's my baby doing? Let me have a look at you!"
 
She moved back and lifted Bomi's hands up to spin her around again. Bomi giggled when she found out her mother hadn't changed one bit at all. She was still fun and bubbly. Eunji hugged her daughter once more before walking towards Sunggyu and hugging him as well. The oldest had quite a surpise at the gesture.
 
"Thank you so much for finding me so that I can be reunited with my daughter."
"It wasn't much trouble Ahjumma."
"It's Imo. Imoooo. I sound old when you call me Ahjumma. I bet I'm just a few years older."
"That might be true after all, sadly."
 
Eunji laughed a loud again before greeting everyone else in the house. They bowed back at once since it was wrong to let an elderly bow to them first. She introdued herself then even though everyone already knew who she was.
 
"I'm Bomi's mother, Jung Eunji. It's nice to meet you all."
"It's nice to meet you too Imo."
"Thank you, for taking care of my daughter. Thank you so much."
"It wasn't us actually. It was Woohyunnie hyung who found her."
 
Sungyeol gestured who Woohyun was, and the older woman turned to look at Woohyun.
He gulped, feeling like a chicken as he stood in front of his girlfriend's mother.
 
Meeting the parents.
Gosh wasn't that too soon!?
 
"I-It's nice to m-meet you Imo-o"
"I never knew I was an Imo-o. Just kidding, it's nice to meet you too. You're the one who found Bomi?"
"Yes Imo. She was sleeping in the park when I saw her."
 
Eunji's eyes suddenly blazed with anger.
Woohyun was sure he was going to piss his pants soon.
 
"I'm sorry. I was thinking about something else."
 
Needless to say, everyone knew what or who, she was thinking of.
 
"So how long have you known my daughter?"
"A little over two weeks."
"And you're madly and deeply in love with her like how Sunggyu describes it?"
 
Woohyun turned to the oldest man.
Who looked away as if he had no idea what was going on.
 
"And a lot more."
"Wow. Impressive."
 
She nodded slowly and stared at Woohyun for a while.
Looking back at her daughter slightly, she placed the side of her hand on the corner of her lips and whispered loudly.
 
"She's a handful isn't she?
"OMMA!"
"Aigoo, yes baby?"
 
It was then everyone realized why Bomi was so in love with Woohyun. Eunji was probably the exact print out of Woohyun, a female version of him. The way they speak, the way they love teasing Bomi, it was so similar. And Eunji was one bossy and energetic woman too. She was now moving around and greeting each of them with sweet compliments.
 
"I feel like I'm standing in a house full of supermodels."
"Tell me about it omma, I've been feeling that way since the moment I stepped in."
"But you won't leave them anyway. Especially Nam Woohyun am I right?"
"Omma why are you calling his full name? Just Woohyun will do."
"Is that soooo~?"
 
Eunji stared at Woohyun long and hard before shaking her head.
 
"Sorry baby. But I don't call my enemies so warmly."
"Enemy? Me?"
"Well yes. You're going to stop me if I take my daughter home right?"
 
The stunned expression on the Doctor's fae was so strong that it tore through Eunji's and Bomi's hearts. The others couldn't believe what they had heard. Was Eunji out of her mind? No offense to the older woman of course, but taking Bomi away from Woohyun was like taking a toy away from a kid. It was so wrong.
 
Just so wrong.
 
But he, after recovering from his shock, said nothing at all. As if he didn't mind, which was even more weird and wrong. He stared at Bomi's beautiful face and his eyes moved lower to her hand that was clinging onto her mother's arms. It was obvious she'd missed her mother dearly. And it would be cruel of him if he prevented them from being together just because he didn't want Bomi to leave him. He love Bomi dearly, too much in fact. Therefore...
 
I won't stop you."
"Really? I'd thought better of you Nam Woohyun."
"I'm sorry if I didn't meet up to your expectations Imo."
"So you're giving up on my daughter like this? Coward."
"I never said I was giving her up!"
 
No one was believing.
But Woohyun was openly snarling at Bomi's mother right now.
 
What a taboo.
 
"I love your daughter very much. But I know she hasn't seen you for years, and she misses you so much. It'll be wrong for me to keep her by my side just because I can't bear for her to leave me. I know you miss your daughter too. If not, you wouldn't have rushed back the moment Sunggyu hyung called you. I'll let you be with her, but you can't take her away from me."
 
Eunji was offended.
 
"You're letting me be with my daughter? You're letting me!"
"Yes."
"Are you out of your mind? This is my daughter we're talking of, you have no rights."
"It doesn't matter Mrs Jung. I won't let her go."
 
The way he formally called her Mrs Jung instead of Imo, was his way of saying she was the enemy as well. They began a staring contest, and none of them were backing down. Until Eunji began laughing loudly.
 
"Is he always like this?"
"Only when he's threatened."
"I'm liking him already?"
 
Puzzlement was written all over his face.
Why was she laughing now?
 
"Namu, don't worry about my omma. She's just making sure you're the one for me. My omma is really cool."
"Now that's my baby, knowing me so well."
"Of course! You won't be going anywhere for a while right omma?"
"Mm........."
"Don't you dare leave me again omma! We need to talk!"
"Aww is my baby worried? Don't worry, I won't leave just yet. Revenge must be avenged."
 
And her eyes flashed a tinge of hatred with a wide smile on her lips.
She looked really scary.
 
But it was Sungyeol who gasped loudly, turnong heads to him instead.
 
"You're her, aren't you?"
"What are you talking about Sungyeol oppa? Who's my omma?"
 
But the tallest turned to the oldest brother.
 
"Did you know it was her?"
"I did. But I never saw her before. Have you?"
"Yes. And only once."
 
Sungyeol stared at Eunji in awe.
The older woman sighed however, before she grinned.
 
Her old identity was out.
 
"You're here right?"
"Who?"
 
 
"Red Sparrow."
 

 
PS. Updated, just as promised to some of my readers. Hope you liked it.
PS. And yes, Jung Eunji is here!
PS. This might be badly edited. Sorry if it's bad.
 
xoxo.