Yoon Bomi.

The Doctor.
 
He demanded to be released.
 
Woohyun was agitated ever since he came back from the hospital. Or more importantly, because Sunggyu was staring at him like a hawk. Forbidding him from leaving the house to see his knight, it was making him frustrated with every passing moment. Sunggyu opened a can of beer the moment he got home while everyone went to ask Woohyun if how he was feeling. After downing the first can of beer, Sunggyu opened another can.
 
He still couldn't get the image of how Woohyun had told him he was in love, out of his mind.
 
What was that Namstar thinking about anyway?
Falling in love?
With who?
That Yoon Bomi that he had been muttering for the whole of yesterday?
 
That's insane.
 
Sunggyu groaned and emptied the second can, refusing to another sip of beer and went to grab some cold water to cool himself down. Not that he was crazy or unsure of his emotions. No. Kim Sunggyu was furious right now. His brother, whom he had known for more than ten years, was suddenly saying he was in love when he couldn't even understand what love really was. Just two nights ago, that devil told him he wasn't interested in finding any girl since it would messed up his work and life, and he got sick just yesterday because of a girl.
 
Does that make any sense?
No. That was dillusional and unbelievable in every aspect.
 
"Hyung. Get a grip. It's nothing something bad. Why are you drinking?"
"You tell them what you told me earlier on, and see if they have the same reaction as I do."
 
Well, none of them did.
 
Which let Sunggyu to believe they were all traitors. He went to sit on his arm chair while rubbing his eyes tiredly. Last night, he had spent every minute worrying and hating that girl, only to find out this morning that Woohyun was in love with her. He couldn't accept that, who could. He watched as the girls were elated that Woohyun had found a girl he fancies while the guys just didn't know what to say. He threw a can of beer to Hoya since he felt the younger man needed a drink.
 
And hell was he going to drink alone.
 
Sungyeol was stunned in his spot. Not because the news that Woohyun was finally in love startled him, but because the love-sick Namstar was acting as if they were going to get married the very next day. Myungsoo and the rest were just the same, surprised, awkward and whatever else. The only supporter came from Woohyun's recent fanboy, Ren. He was smiling and clapping his hands when he saw his uncle dancing and twirling in circles. Woohyun saw their blank expression and was slightly bummed.
 
"I love her. I love her alot. I like the way her high-pitched voice sounds when she scolds me. I like the way her cheeks were puffed up when she was fuming or when she was pouting. I like her hair, the soft glow that she hides within her cap. I like everything about her. Even though she made me wait in the rain, it was because she had work which was why she couldn't come. And I didn't know what time she ends so I waited. I only waited in the rain because I was worried she might not see me if I moved away. But I was thankful she didn't come or she might get caught in the rain like I did."
 
Sunggyu felt like crying.
His best friend had gone crazy.
 
"Somebody help me with this man."
 
And to further make them more surprised, or in Sunggyu's case, miserable, Woohyun dropped a bomb at them.
 
"I only knew her two days ago."
 
Hoya spit out his beer and quickly cleared the mess with some tissues. Sunggyu looked as if he was already dead and went to heaven. What was that devil talking about right now? Two days? How did that even make any sense in that Doctor's brain. L thought Woohyun was joking but judging from the seriousness on his face, he knew Woohyun wasn't kidding.
 
"Please Nam, don't joke with me. I'm having a migraine."
"Look hyung it isn't that serious. It's those love at first sight thing. The difference between you and Hyuna, and me with my knight is that I accepted that I'm in love with her while you tried to push this love issue as far away as you can."
"Don't pull me into this."
 
It was Woohyun's turn to roll his eyes.
 
"I'm just saying it in terms that you can understand."
"Then can I assume that she's utterly in love with you as well?"
"On the contrary, she hates me."
 
Sunggyu sat upright on his arm chair.
 
"She does?"
"You don't have to look so happy! She's going to love me, soon."
"And how are you going to make that happen? I'll say, if she doesn't like you, you should just leave the poor girl alone."
"Just ten minutes ago you were telling me how much you hate her, and now, you're in full support of her rejecting me."
"Because I hate her. That's simple enough to understand, right Doctor?"
 
Woohyun ignored Sunggyu.
 
"Whatever. I'm going to ask her out and maybe we can get close from there on."
"Didn't me ears just heard that she doesn't like you?"
"But she'll still come on that dinner date! She owes me that much. Hell, I waited in the rain for her!"
"Weren't you bloody proud of that just a while ago?"
 
Woohyun couldn't be bothered with Sunggyu anymore. He announced that he was going to shower and change into something more decent and maybe she would fall for his charms. Sunggyu replied only a pig would. The Doctor stopped in his tracks, thinking back of the oath he had took many years ago, that as a doctor, he shouldn't harm anyone, least kill them. Sunggyu snorted.
 
The house was in pin-dropped silence when Woohyun went to shower. Everyone was still in shock that Woohyun was in love, or more importantly the two oldest brother arguing because of this Yoon Bomi girl. They were intrigued, honestly. They wanted to know who this girl was. The two married couples were still in shock while the two single men were sharing the beer right now. Dongwoo didn't drink because he was worried Woohyun might get upset.
 
That angel.
 
Sunggyu was still fuming and shaking his head at the Doctor. He hoped the girl never likes Woohyun so the miserable man could just give up. Hyuna came and sat on his lap. As she peck his cheek, she asked why was he so angry or frustrated with this love matter for Woohyun.
 
"Because I don't like her."
"That's judgemental oppa. You shouldn't be thinking like that."
"Heck you guys tell me if you support him."
 
Dongwoo raising his hands only made Sunggyu more annoyed than he already was. He sat back and rolled his eyes, not wanting to bother with this traitor of a family. Baby Ren was already crawling towards Woohyun's room and had pushed the door open, his parents still in shock to bother with him. He got onto Woohyun's low bed and sat on the clothes that he didn't want his uncle to wear. So when Woohyun came out of the bathroom smelling like cream puff, he couldn't hide his surprise when Ren was pointing to the clothes that he should wear.
 
Dark blue shirt with white trousers.
Ren even got the belt all placed nicely.
 
Uncle Woohyun gave the baby one big kiss and went on to put on his lucky clothes. After that, he sat in front of the mirror for the longest time, drying and arranging his hair till it was done to perfection. Spraying some cologne and making sure his face wasn't as pale as yesterday's, he walked out with confidence with Ren in his arms.
 
The girls were very impressed. It wasn't everyday you see a guy looking so gorgeous and carrying a baby. Their husbands and boyfriend weren't so happy though. Woohyun gave Ren back to Myungsoo and asked everyone how did he looked, saying it was Ren that picked this outfit for him. Sunggyu couldn't even shoot an insult because Ren was staring right at him and was preparing to cry if he said one mean thing.
 
It was so unfair.
 
Woohyun got compliments for the girls and thanked them for being such wonderful sisters-in-law. He then checked if he had everything with him - wallet, phone, keys before asking Sungyeol to go down with him because he wanted to bring a bouquet of flowers for his date. Sungyeol didn't know if he was being possessed or not, but he went down obediently to make a small bouquet.
 
"I can't believe you're using flowers to bribe a girl."
"It's not bribing hyung. It's a date. And speaking of which, I don't see you getting any flowers for Hyuna before."
 
Sunggyu turned to look at Hyuna who suddenly recalled that Sunggyu had, as Woohyun had said, gave her no flowers when they were together. He had knew her for close to two months now and the first two weeks he had gave nothing but rejection to her. But Woohyun, extreme maybe, only the third day and he was already getting roses for his date. Sunggyu growled for Woohyun to get lost. The Doctor gave them a sweet good bye kiss, asked for good luck wishes and went downstairs. Hyuna stopped bugging Sunggyu after Woohyun left. She was more interested in knowing what was on his mind.
 
But Jang Dongwoo just had to kick it in, and rubbed salt on his wounds.
 
"You know. I think Woohyun might bring this Bomi girl home tonight. He can be quite persausive if he wants to and I'm sure he'll want to bring her home to show off. I bet ten bucks that I'm right."
 
Dongwoo and Hoya took down their caps and placed the money into which ever bet they wanted. Everyone placed their money in Dongwoo's hat and even Ren put his favourite toy in it. Angered by his family, Sunggyu put a big hundred bucks in Hoya's cap which meant Woohyun wouldn't bring Bomi home. It was seven adults with a baby against one miserable man. Getting more pissed off when his family said they couldn't wait to see Bomi, Sunggyu threw his black credit card into the cap. His competitiveness awaken.
 
"Do you really want Woohyun to bring home the girl that made him so sick that he had to be hospitalized?"
"If that's what Namstar wants, we won't go against him. Support him hyung, just like how we'd supported every couple in this house."
"Jang Dongwoo!"
"Think about it hyung, other than you right now, I don't remember anyone going against the couples when they were about to get to know one another."
 
Sunggyu's eyes flashed ever so slightly towards Hoya before he looked away quickly. But not even his small, almost non-existence eyes could prevent everyone from understanding his horrible meaning. They were so disappointed in him. And Hoya, the one who looked so serious and upset right now, dropped his own black credit card into the huge pile of money before walking away to his room.
 
Sunggyu had no idea how he had done it.
But he managed to piss two of his brothers off within an hour.
 

 
The way Woohyun got out of his R8 was legendary.
 
He had his sunglasses on, his hair handsomely tossed to look perfect and his smile ever ready.
He was sauve, so darn good looking, in the park.
 
It was like he jumped out of a drama scene, his handsomeness blowing everyone away. All the kids playing turned to stare at him. All the school girls went weak on their knees. All the grannies wanted him to be their grandson. But he was calm, almost ignoring the crowd as his eyes search for his knight. And there she was, like he had predicted, sitting till her head was falling towards the side and hitting the bench several times.
 
Woohyun smiled at her cuteness and jogged towards her, quickly placing his shoulder under her head and letting her sleep peacefully. She snuggled closer to him, willing the warmth in the stranger to be passed to her. Woohyun grinned like a happy kid. He checked the time and it was only two-thirty. And judging from the past few days experience, he was sure she would be awake at four plus. Which meant he had to wait for two hours since he didn't want to wake the poor girl up. She looked so tired.
 
So within that two hours, Woohyun did nothing but stare at Bomi's beautiful face. She had long lashes, he noticed, and her nose was really small. Her complexion was perfect. The only part that worries him was that she had a small bruises on her lower lip and her cheeks were hollowed in, as if she didn't have enough nutrition the past few months. He hadn't noticed it before and was surprised to see it now. 
 
He was a doctor, so it was his duty to make sure everyone he knew was healthy and well-fed. Of course, that was the excuse he was going to give her because he was pretty sure he would just force feed her until her cheeks looked like a hamster. And he bet she'll look just as adorable. He didn't care if he was a going to die in Bomi's hands, or if he had never treat someone like this before. Bomi was special, that was another obvious hint.
 
After knowing her, even for just three days, his nightmares left him alone. Usually he would dream of his dead parents and brother from time to time and would feel extremely tired. But when he had Sunggyu, at least the nightmares left him alone. And then when Sungyeol came along and solved some of his worries and pain, his nightmares lessen. But as one by one they settled down and found someone, his nightmares returned. There wasn't anyone else that could take his nightmares away. Which was the real reason why he didn't want to come home and sleep. The nightmares just wouldn't leave him alone.
 
But when he fell asleep in the park, for that ten minutes, he was damn happy that someone had woken him up instead of he himself getting shocked away like usual. And strangely, he had slept perfectly for the past three days, even if one of the days was because of the hospital medicine. He was still thankful. And he was sure, he didn't know how, but he was sure that Bomi was his knight - The person who could fight his nightmares off.
 
And damn him so if she wasn't, because he couldn't care less anymore.
He wanted her, it was that simple.
 
And if that Kim Sunggyu couldn't understand that, then it wasn't his problem at all.
 

 
She slept through her own alarm.
 
Woohyun looked at Bomi who was still sleeping even though her alarm had snoozed and rang for the third time. She showed no sign of waking at all and Woohyun was starting to worry that she might be feeling unwell. So he checked her forehead, and realized her temperature was normal. Although the park was slightly cold due to the breeze, he never heard of anyone getting sick because of sleeping in the park. But he wouldn't take his chances with her, so he slowly took her wrist and checked her pulse.
 
Her hands were hard and rough, nothing like those of a girls. Yet Woohyun thought she had the prettiest hands in the world. He slowly rolled her long sleeves up and placed his fingers on her wrist. She was fine. Normal heartbeat and with no complications. He smiled at his healthy knight, so maybe she was just tired. So he left her alone.
 
Yet when it was five o'clock, he started got worried that she might be late for work. So he shook her awake. She woke up unwillingly. Yawning, stretching and grumbling endlessly. When she turned to check who woke her up, she glanced uninterested at him.
 
"What do you want now, can't you leave me alone?"
"You owe me a dinner date!"
"I do..?"
"I waited for you like I promised I would!"
 
Bomi stared at the impossible man. She was pretty sure he wouldn't stop bothering her unless she went on this dinner date that he was so excited for. She focused her vision and saw that he was wearing rather fancy clothes with a bouquet of flowers in his hands. Damn was this guy playing for real? What she meant, was whether Woohyun had really liked her, or was he just fooling her around. By judging from his happy smiles and optimistic attitude, she knew Woohyun was for real.
 
Heck, he liked her?
What was there to like about her?
 
She stared blankly when Woohyun gave the bouquet to her. He looked away and rubbed the back of his neck, blushing. Bomi thought she was doomed. From the way he was so persistent, she was pretty sure there wouldn't be any way out of this crazy relationship. Yes, of course she didn't want this. She didn't want Woohyun to wait for her in the rain again, or more like, she rather he leave her alone from now on. She accepted the flowers while biting her lips, as if biting back a thank you. She didn't want to give him any hope that she enjoyed what he was doing for her.
 
So she just accepted the bouquet nonchalantly.
 
But Woohyun was almost jumping for joy that she had accepted the flowers. Even though she dumped them in her bag after without a care, Woohyun knew she liked the flowers. She was just hiding her expression, and he wanted to know why. Why was she acting so cold towards him. He understand that she could be fierce and crude, but being quiet and cold wasn't in her nature. From the first time they met he knew, but he couldn't understand why she was being like this now.
 
"So dinner?"
 
Woohyun stared at her in surprise.
 
"You're accepting the dinner date!?"
"Yea. You wished I wouldn't? I don't min-"
"No no no! I wished it so badly like a child waiting for the stars!"
 
Bomi looked puzzled at Woohyun's analogy - what was that supposed to mean? But he looked so happy that he was practically dancing in the middle of the park where everyone stared at him. Bomi pulled him down to stop him but it was too late. He had shouted to the whole park that she had accepted his dinner date. Some were happy for him, some thought he was crazy, some just walked on, ignoring the man.
 
Bomi wanted to dig a hole and just die of embarrassment in there. Woohyun was making such an awkward scene for her. How was she going to sleep in the park from now on if everyone stares at her in the future. She murmured to herself and pulled Woohyun away from the park, or more like away from the interested and looking eyes of the crowd. When they got out of the park through the main gate, Bomi turned back angrily with every intention of killing the Doctor. But when she turned back, all she saw was a blushing-happily-till-he-wanted-to-die Woohyun. She looked at where he was looking and noticed she was holding his hands.
 
Bomi pulled away quickly but Woohyun was still smiling to himself like a school girl. Bomi thought he was such a sissy and told him to stop it immediately. He sobered up and cleared his throat, they had stopped right in front of his car and he invited Bomi in. The girl was in shock that Woohyun was driving an R8 and wondered aloud how rich he was.
 
"Not very. Just enough to owe the things that are necessary."
"Such as? A car, a house?"
"And a wife."
 
Bomi jumped back in fear. What was this guy talking about right now. He was scaring her badly and refused to get into his car. It was so beautiful that she was afraid she might stained it. Woohyun asked her what was wrong and she told him straight. She had no problem thinking of her low worthiness. It was the truth anyway. And then, a brillant plan formed in her head.
 
Maybe if Woohyun knew how dirty or unworthy she was of him, he would leave her alone!
 
Bomi brightened up at that plan and didn't see Woohyun closing his car door harshing and walking towards her. He stood so close to her that Bomi got quite a shock, she leaned against his car while Woohyun's face was probably just an inch away from hers. She stopped breathing.
 
"Don't ever say that you're dirty. You're the prettiest girl I've ever seen."
"W-What?"
"No one should ever say that the girl I love is dirty or ugly."
 
Bomi was in shock when Woohyun indirectly, no, directly confessed to her. Her heart had stopped beating, her lungs unable to take in any air and her legs couldn't support her weight. She suddenly collasped but Woohyun caught her just that easily. He held onto her waist and pulled her closer to him. Bomi was still in shock, her eyes still staring at Woohyun's handsome face.
 
"Are you alright?"
 
Why, why does his voice sound so beautiful right now. Bomi quickly woke up from her daze. She pushed Woohyun away and looked away. She knew even without checking that her face was blushing red. Woohyun was puzzled by her strange behaviour. Why was she hiding in the corner right now, had he said something wrong, he had no idea. He thought back about the moment he hugged Bomi's waist, she was skinny as a piece of paper, what was she eating everyday?
 
"I'm fine, let's go."
 
Bomi opened the passenger side of the door and sat in comfortably. She was awed at how spacious and comfortable the car was. It was a two-seater, and Bomi unconsciously wondered if any girl had sat in the seat she was sitting before. She frowned at her own thoughts, why was she worried about something like that. Bomi suddenly saw a hand across her face and she quickly moved back to safety, closing her eyes and using her hands to protect herself, almost knocking the seat out of its place. Woohyun was surprised at Bomi's actions and wondered even more.
 
"I'm just trying to help you fasten your seatbelt. You can relax."
 
Bomi opened her eyes and saw Woohyun looking worriedly at her. He checked if she was fine again and moved away, thinking that Bomi might still be uneasy. He told her to put on the seatbelt herself. She did so quickly, trying to hide the awkwardness in the car. She looked out while Woohyun drove away from the park. He looked at Bomi when they reached a traffic light and asked her what would she like to eat.
 
"Anything. Just not too expensive."
"Do you eat everyday?"
"Of course I eat everyday! What kind of question is that!"
"Every meal?"
"I'm fine with just lunch."
 
Woohyun almost jammed break the car when he heard Bomi said she only had one meal a day.
 
"I don't eat much."
"Really?"
 
Woohyun drove them to his favourite roadside stall. It wasn't expensive, but a little far. And the food they served was so delicious that Woohyun wouldn't mind paying them to open their store beside his house but it would be too far from their home. He didn't mind the drive anyway. But he did mind the silence in the car. It was always so lonely to eat alone and he was glad Bomi was beside him.
 
He parked along the road and told Bomi to come out, she had no clue where the hell they were but that delicious smell of food made her stomach growled. She only hoped Woohyun hadn't heard it. Sadly, he did. Which was why he ordered triple of what he usually does. The ladyboss knew Woohyun and was surprised that he was ordering so much.
 
"Oh Woohyun-ah! You're finally bringing a date?"
 
Bomi got a shock and tried to explain quickly that she wasn't his date.
 
"Sorry I'm not his da-"
"Yep! And I'll bring her more often!"
 
The ladyboss was so happy for Woohyun that she gave him extras. Bomi felt so burderned. How was she going to pay for all these. The amount of food was probably her pay for one day. It was too much, and she tried telling Woohyun she couldn't eat that much. But when she opened , Woohyun shoved in a stick of fishcake. Bomi had no choice but to munch onto it. It was so delicious and her stomach growled again when she told herself she shouldn't take another bite. But the second she was finished, Woohyun stuffed some daboki in . It was so soft and spicy and she swallowed it quickly.
 
Woohyun kept stuffing food into which he found adorable. She really reminded him of a hamster or a squirrel. She kept munching and allowed Woohyun to feed her. When all three portion worth of food was finish, Woohyun was duly surprised that Bomi could eat that much. It was as if she had two stomachs like a cow. She pouted when they wasn't anymore food. Woohyun ordered two more portions.
 
When they were done, Woohyun had eaten one portion while Bomi had eaten four. She regretted so badly for eating so much because now, she hadn't realized she was so hungry that she ate portion worth. The bill was going to be a bomb and she sadly took out her wallet. Woohyun thought Bomi was strange again, why was she taking out her wallet. And with his sharp eyes, he realized she only had a thousand won inside. What made her think he would ask her to pay. He quickly took out a fifty thousand won and paid for the food.
 
"Omo Woohyun, I really like your girl. She makes me happy when she eats so much!"
"Which means you would earn more right ahjumma."
"Not really. I like a kid who eats a lot. She's so skinny that it scares me. You better take care of her."
 
Don't worry ahjumma! I will!"
 
Bomi couldn't stand the conversation anymore and left. Woohyun explained that his date was shy and left soon after too. He managed to catch up with Bomi who had walked away from his car. He pulled her back.
 
"Yah where are you going?"
"Home. The dinner is over right? I'm sorry I ate so much, I'll pay you back when I could."
"Wha- You're leaving now?"
"Yea. Dinner was all I promised right?"
"I'll send you home then! You don't know your way right?"
 
Bomi stopped in her tracks, Woohyun did a winning sign at the back. He moved to open his car door while Bomi turned back and very unwillingly walked into his car. He closed the door softly on her side and jogged back quickly to his driver seat. After telling Bomi to put on her seatbelt and keying in her address on his GPS, Woohyun started the car and drove away.
 
"You lied to me."
"What?"
"You said you don't eat much. But from the way I see, you were famished."
"And then?"
"Why did you lie?"
"So that you'll stop asking me any questions."
 
The Doctor wanted to rebute, but no words could form out of his lips. He was just stunned and clueless on how to reply her. He sighed slightly before looking at Bomi. Did she dislike him that much that even asking a question was so difficult? He chose to keep quiet and drove slowly. Inside, he couldn't help feeling hurt that Bomi didn't like him. He thought maybe he had moved her when he waited for her under the rain. But he guessed such an action couldn't move his knight.
 
They reached within half an hour and Woohyun realized how broken and old the apartment complex that Bomi lived in was. He got out of his car and looked at the short building in front of him. It looked as if it would collasped any minute. Bomi muttered a small thanks and walked away but Woohyun said he would send her up. She frowned, but didn't disagree. After all, she did want him to see how poor and dirty she was. She thought she had shown enough. But oh well.
 
 
Might as well show him how miserable she was.
That way, maybe he would leave her alone forever.