Happiness?

The Doctor.
 
Eyeing the weapon for a long time, she couldn't help wishing for one too.
The Katana, that is.
 
"What are you thinking of Nana?"
"Yeol, can I have a katana too?"
 
Sungyeol almost dropped the cup of warm milk for his wife when he heard what his wife had just said. His jaws were the next to drop when he saw her picking up 'Alice' and pulling the sword out. Looking at the shininess of the blade, she touched it with her bare hands. However, the small thrill that flowed through her veins were short-lived when her husband took away the dangerous weapon. He placed it back in its sheath and returned it to its respective owner, almost pleading with her to take it out of the house.
 
But Eunji's eyes were focused on Nana.
She understood what the pregnant wife was thinking about and smiled directly at her.
 
"You're interested in Alice because you feel a need too don't you?"
"Something like that. I am living in a house where my husband and brother-in-law is a known gangster."
"You feel like you don't fit in."
"Yeah. But Alice is beauitful too."
 
Eunji gave a side smile, while Nana gave her puppy eyes to her husband, convincing him to let her hearn how to handle a sword. Jealousy wasn't the only reason why she wanted one, it was because she couldn't understand what the old gangsters in the house were talking about for the past two hours. Her husband was someone back in the days, but she was utterly clueless about it. She thought it would be nice to learn. It was strange and atonishing too since up to yesterday, Nana was pretty sure she never liked a katana like now.
 
"I'm sorry my dear. But like Sungyeol has said, it's too dangerous for you."
"Why? I can handle it."
"It's not about handling. You're in no state to learn any self-defense at all."
"But-"
"Though it's not even needed for you."
"Why not? I can be attacked one day."
"Well, you might. But your husband will protect you won't he?"
 
Nana gave a slow nod.
Sungyeol sighed, relieved.
 
"However..."
 
He stared bewildered at her.
 
"If you wish to learn, I won't stop you."
"Really? I'll love to."
"No-Now wait a minute!"
 
They turned to stare at the terrified husband.
But Eunji tried apleasing him before he could utter a word.
 
"She'll be fine. I have a small one in my luggage from Taiwan. She can use that first."
"No, I forbid it!"
"It's only arm length, it won't hurt her."
 
Before Sungyeol utter a word, again, Sunggyu interrupted and asked a question.
 
"How did you get it through customs anyway noona?"
"It's made of wood."
"But the shape-"
"I packed it together with other wooden stuff and beneath all my clothes. It won't get detected."
 
Sunggyu nodded approvingly.
What more could he expect from the older generation?
 
On the other side, Sungyeol was almost, almost, glaring at his wife to change her mind. His eyes were screaming a loud no that even the others from the side could feel it. Hoya told Nana to consider again but the young girl was just stubborn and persistent to a fault. She glared back at her husband and told him it would be good if she learns how to protect herself when he wasn't around. That way, she wouldn't be so depended on him.
 
"What do you mean by I won't be around?"
 
Eunji rolled her eyes.
 
"What she meant was when you're working, and she needs to be away for some things. It's understandable. Please calm down."
"I can't! My wife just says she wants to learn how to use a katana! No normal husband would agree to that."
"Well, you're not exactly normal aren't you?"
 
Sungyeol shot a strong glare at her that it was a wonder why she didn't cower back like the others around her.
 
"The answer is no."
"I won't care Yeol."
"I'm not letting you get into danger in any way."
"I won't. Pleaseeeeee~ I promise I'll be good."
 
It was like speaking to a child who wanted a new toy.
And he was a er for his wife's charms and whines.
 
He eventually, yet very unwillingly, said yes.
 
Eunji went to get the small weapon out from her luggage and gave it to Nana. It was black in cover, with some designs on the surface and gloss, it was beauitful. Sungyeol inspected it with his eyes and was ready to grab it out of his wife's hands if she accidentally made a mistake and hurt herself. But even if he couldn't deny how beautiful it was. Although, it couldn't be compared to Alice.
 
Eunji quickly then taught Nana a simple move and assured her this move was more than enough to protect herself and injured the other while she find some sort of escape. Grabbing the katana upside down and holding it such that the sharp part of the blade was facing outwards while the blunt part against her arm, she moved with lightning speed to demostrate how it was done.
 
"Any weapon, blunt or not, as long as it's used quickly, can do more damage than needed.
"Really, even with the sheath on?"
"Yes. Although not so much for this since the sheath isn't hard. This is made of wood."
 
That was lal Eunji was allowed to teach Nana actually, and Sungyeol quickly stopped them from talking more about fighting. Nana tried not to get on her husband's bad side anymore and nodded. She held the katana tight to her chest however and smiled widely. Eunji then told Nana if possible, bring it wherever she goes. She said it was important and even stopped Sungyeol from talking.
 
"Your husband is still as popular as ever. There's talk underground."
"Really, it's been more than ten years."
"You were quite a legend."
"For all the wrong reasons."
"Anyway, just keep it with you. They recognize Sungyeol anyway."
 
After that, she blinked quickly and got up to leave.
 
"I shall go now before he comes after my blood."
"But, w-where are you going omma?"
"The hotel baby. I won't leave without telling you, don't worry."
 
Bomi nodded and hugged her mother tight.
 
"And out of curiousity baby, where do you sleep in this house?"
"She sleeps with me in the guest room."
"Is that soooo Hyuna?"
 
The younger girl must have spent a lot of time with Sunggyu because even she was convincing just because of her strong gaze. As if it was telling Eunji there was no questions to ask about their sleeping arrangement. Woohyun however, gulped silently and tried ignoring the looks that Eunji was sending him. He almost felt the need to run for his life when she told hold of Alice. Giving a last knowing and lingering gaze to him, she finally looked away and kissed Bomi on the head and a hug to Hyuna before heading to the door.
 
Sunggyu and Bomi both sent her out and even offered to send her to the hotel.
She thanked but declined the offer.
 
"I may be older than you, but I'm can handle heading back myself."
"Just offering Ahjumma."
"Yah you young thing!"
 
Eunji hugged Bomi again and said she would call her soon so that they could meet up for some girl time. Hyuna pouted when she wasn't invited, but Bomi assured her that she's always welcome to join them. They waved goodbye and she finally left. The moment Sunggyu closed the door, he saw the guys in the house letting out the air they were holding. Apparantly they were sitting really upright-ish in front of Eunji. Especially Woohyun who looked as if he was about to cry if Eunji was staying over for the night.
 
Nana on the other hand, showed off her new toy.
Sungyeol however, had other plans.
 
He took a rope and tired the sheath and handle of the weapon tightly together. She frowned, but he explained it was necessary.
 
"If possible, I never want to see you taking the blade out. This isn't a toy Nana, it's a weapon. It inflicts pain when you're not careful. And although I do agree with Bomi's mother that you need some sort of protection, I still wish you don't have to, ever, use this. Use what she taught you, and no sharp edges, I mean it jagiya. It's not very nice to hurt something too right?"
 
She nodded and promised she would be extra careful from now on.
 
Sunggyu then announced it was time to rest since it was getting late. They others nodded thankfully and rushed upstairs. The day was exciting in some ways, but too surprising at the end. Woohyun pulled Bomi into his room while thanking Hyuna for her quick thinking. The latter replied that it was fine since Bomi did sleep with her when she was really worried for Woohyun and couldn't sleep at all. No one knew about it though and she pinched Bomi's cheek before going into Sunggyu's room.
 
But Sunggyu, whose hand was over Hyuna's shoulder, stopped and looked sternly at Woohyun.
 
"No more crazy things for you alright. Don't hurt her again."
"I won't. I'll be good from now on."
"Good. And oh, welcome back you annoying thing."
 
He was about to head to his room when he remembered another rhing.
 
"Oh. One more thing Nam."
"Yes?"
"You're heading back to work first thing tomorrow."
 

 
Her brand new life, began.
Again.
 
Bomi always believed that her brand new life started the day Woohyun dragged her from her home to live with him. And she was right because things were never the same after that day. However, right now, was her another beginning. Another brand new life that she loved. Every morning, she would help Sungyeol with breakfast while Woohyun was still sleeping. He was elated to have his bed back and slept longer than usual without knowing. So when he woke up and found no Bomi beside him, he panicked once more.
 
He was still afraid she would leave him.
Or worse, Eunji had taken her away without letting him know.
 
Hence, it was a huge relief for him, and for everyone else in the house actually, when he found her preparing breakfast. He had been so paranoid of losing her that he was actually shivering. It took him a good ten minute before his legs stopped shaking and he relaxed against the wall, contended to see his little girlfriend moving around the kitchen.
 
He went back to sleep when he saw Bomi hadn't spotted him nearby at all. It wasn't because he didn't need to entertain her, but because he desired for her to wake him up like normal married couple. Her method was simple, and he picked it up after the first morning - She would call him lovingly with that sweet voice of hers, if not shake him lightly with her warm hands on his shoulders or arms, or lastly, his favourite, she would kiss him awake. Woohyun usually opted and waited for the last way before finally waking up.
 
And so, the habit of oversleeping was now born.
 
Even though a good and sound morning kiss was what he got every morning, he still had to rush to work as if he didn't have a lover. The kiss was the only incentive he had before he grabbed a toast from the table, kissed Bomi one more time and shoved the bread into his mouth while he grabbed his briefcase and rushed to his car. The family tittered at his rushness, but at least Woohyun wasn't restless nor lonely anymore.
 
The Dean welcomed him back with opened arms and informed Woohyun that instead of accepting his resignation, he had just given Woohyun off. The latter didn't know what to say other than to thank him profusely. He went back to work right away and refused his old post as Head, since it didn't seem right to leave as and when he wanted and get back his position just like that. But the current Head literally begged Woohyun to return as Head since it was too stressful and difficult for him to handle. The deparment welcomed him back, and so did the patients and nurses.
 
In fact, everyone welcomed him back.
He had no idea his effect on the staff too and thanked them for accepting him.
 
 
Back home, Bomi was helping Dongwoo with the cleaning and preparation. Breakfast was served an hour ago and they were now preparing for lunch. Almost everyday, this certain fanboy would appear in the store to see her. And when she caught sight of him, she would hide in the kitchen utnil Woohyun came back from work. Poor Dongwoo had to do two jobs, but he knew Bomi was more important. Even he thought the fanboy was annoying.
 
Today would be the first time Woohyun appeared in the store after his long disappearance Bomi had waited outside for him eagarly. She was ready to show off to everyone that her boyfriend was indeed a doctor. The fanboy however, took the chance to walk towards her. She shuddered slightly before bowing to him. His routine was standard - He would first compliment her appearance which she thanked awkwardly, and then proceeded to asking her out. But now today, because Woohyun came home earlier than usual.
 
She was already running to Woohyun in the midst of that fanboy's compliment.
Dongwoo was holding back his laughter from the side.
 
Honestly, it was interesting to see the number of adjectives or descriptive words that the boy had looked up just to compliment Bomi. It was a different way everyday and Dongwoo had even thought of making a song, using the inspiration he was getting from that annoying fanboy. From the side still, he had a kick out of watching the fanboy's face drained when Bomi hugged Woohyun.
 
The Doctor had just kissed Bomi's forehead before glaring at the young male customer.
 
Of course he had noticed him.
He notices everything and anything when it comes to Bomi.
 
"You were saying something?"
"Y-Your sister is really beautiful."
"My sister?!"
 
Woohyun scoffed before kissing Bomi hard on the lips. The whole cafe cheered and clapped to congratulate them. He then pressed the flustered Bomi against his chest so that no one would see her cute dazed expression, before smirking at the fanboy/
 
"She's my girl. Get it into your head."
"She said her boyfriend is a doctor!"
"I am that doctor!"
"So you were together a long time ago?"
"Way before you even knew her boy."
 
The young male scowled.
 
"Don't boy me, I'm twenty-six!"
"And I'm thirty-three."
"What? Then you're too old for her! I'm just nice!"
"Love isn't about age, she told you she has someone, so why are you still bothering her?"
 
He bit his lips.
The way Woohyun said it makes him look pathetic.
 
"Because I like her, a lot."
"Well try taking a holiday and meet a new girl. Because this girl, is mine."
 
It was evident the fanboy didn't want to give up. He stood in the middle of the store, looking like a huge fool for trying to steal or get another man's girl. Which was ridiculous since Woohyun was like every girl's fantasy, that he couldn't even beat that. What was the point of chasing Bomi when he couldn't even beat her current boyfriend. He took his bag from his seat and proceeded to leave the store. However, he stopepd just beside Bomi and gulped when he saw how hopelessly, and happily in love she was.
 
Her eyes were only looking at Woohyun, and his heart sighed before he whispered a soft congratulations.
 
"I hope you're happy."
"I am happy. Thank you for liking me, but I'm not the one for you."
"I-I don't know. I don't want to give up."
 
Woohyun was growling from the side. Was the fanboy treating him as if he was invisible?
And what on earth did he mean by not giving up?
But he left before Woohyun could ask him about his last comment.
 
The way Bomi visibly relaxed when he was gone made Woohyun squinted his eyes at her.
 
"How long has that dweet been harrassing you?"
"He didn't harrass me, Sungyeol and Dongwoo oppa are always here to protect me."
"Protect you? What, did he touch you or something?"
"No. It's all good, I promise."
"Fine. I just hope I don't see him again."
 
Woohyun was about to kiss Bomi again to aplease his own anger, but Sungyeol stopped them.
 
"Yeolieeeee!"
"No PDA at work hyung. And you have to pay for making me lose a customer."
"It's only one customer!"
"It's still money."
"Gosh now you're speaking like Sunggyu."
 
The kitchen door opened.
 
"Did someone call me?"
 
Woohyun quickly made his escape by sneaking upstairs so that he wouldn't get bashed by the oldest. He placed a chaste kiss on Bomi's cheeks before running for his life too. When he got upstairs, after greeting his sister-in-law and his nephew, he showered and fell asleep. Recently, everytime he was always tired when he got back from work. It wasn't because there was much to be done, but because there was nothing to do. He was too efficient. So when he got home early, wishing to spend more time with Bomi, he was saddened because she was too busy with work.
 
And seeing how money-minded Sungyeol was now, he was thinking of paying Sungyeol to let Bomi off early.
Or he could just go down to help, even though he was tired, he could see her more.
 
He knew he sounded pathetic, but he just missed her so much.
 
Therefore instead of resting his tired body, he chose to head back down, and stared at Bomi from the staircase. She was clearing the tables right now, and she looked so diligent that it was made him smile. Sungyeol saw him from the florist section of the store and shook his head while smiling. His brother was a lovesick fool. Just an hour without Bomi was like hell, and he looked like a fanboy too when he hid behind the walls everytime Bomi turned around.
 
It was hilarious, yet very sweet to watch.
 
 
Woohyun was worried that that particular fanboy would appear again when he wasn't around, and told Dongwoo again and again to take care of his girl for him. Anyone who tried taking Bomi away from him was now his enemy. But even Dongwoo couldn't go against Woohyun's long term enemy - Eunji, whoc came every alternate day to see her daughter. The regulars loved her for she was cheerful and bubbly to everyone. She would often appear in the cafe dramatically and dashed towards her daughter to hug her tightly.
 
The customers found it hilarious when Woohyun was pushed aside once Bomi's mother arrived. It was also funny to watch the three of them bickering endlessly to one another on who Bomi belonged to. The Doctor was stubborn to a fault, while Eunji played the guilt trick on Bomi that they weren't together for a long time.
 
Dongwoo laughed.
Nana giggled.
Sungyeol wanted to throw the three of them out of his cafe.
 
It was fine though, as noisy as it was. Until a certain someone came along to destroy their peace. It was that fanboy, the same guy that liked Bomi had returned back to the cafe the very next day and the whole month just to see her. He had no idea who Eunji was at first, until he heard Bomi calling her omma. It took him a good whole month before mustering enough courage to confess. He waited for Woohyun to head upstairs, to disappear from the mother and daughter before making his move.
 
It was stupid that he still didn't want to let go of Bomi. He told himself that even though she was taken, he was still happy to see her everyday, there was no law stopping him from seeing her. But Woohyun felt mighty uncomfortable that someone was eyeing his girl everyday. The fanboy was probably thinking about her body like how he did, he hated it. Woohyun was a man, so he knew what other men were thinking about. So when he went upstairs, the fanboy quickly stood up and walked towards Eunji and Bomi.
 
Everyone watched from the side as the boy introduced himself. His actions were uncalled for, and he stood very close to Bomi before he bowed, as if to make it seem that he was very close with her. Everyone was searching for Woohyun that moment, they had imagined him to appear to stop the situation. But he was nowhere to be found. But what everyone didn't know was that Eunji was sharp and perfectly capable to guess what was going on.
 
"You are?"
"It's nice to meet you Imo, I'm Bomi's friend."
"You are? She's never mentioned you."
"W-We only got to know each other a few weeks ago."
"You mean, when she started work here?"
 
The boy's expression froze slightly, before he quickly covered his mistakes.
 
"Yes, when she started work here. And I like her too."
"Well. Thank you I guess."
"No! I mean, I like her, like her a lot! When I first saw her, although she already has a boyfriend, I-"
 
Eunji ignored him and faced her daughter.
 
"Do you like him baby?"
"No! I only love Namu remember?!"
"You must really love that man."
"One and only, forever."
 
Her mother looked back at the boy.
 
"My daughter already has someone else."
"B-But I'm not bad too, and I'm younger!"
"Age doesn't matter sweetie."
"Then what does!"
"My future son-in-law is very hot."
"Hot?"
"Yes, y hot, like Budae Jjigae. You should give up, now."
 
She said it so matter-of-factly, like her words were law and her final say. It made him depressed. But no one could blame him of course. Eunji had just said because Woohyun was hot, therefore he didn't have a chance, which makes zero sense to anyone. And he couldn't accept it. He had to try one more time, pleading almost, again and again until he got what he wanted - Bomi.
 
"I really like her. I don't mind waiting, I must have her!"
"Whoa, hold on young man-"
 
"What did you say?"
 
Everyone turned and saw Woohyun coming out from the staircase. He hadn't changed his clothes yet, which meant he was there from the very beginning. He stalked towards them, lethal eyes fixed on the little boy. Bomi dashed towards him, hugging his waist and telling him profusely that she was fine and she could handle the situation. Bomi understood Woohyun very well, and she needed to calm him down first, she had to. Because the Doctor looked as if he could murder someone right now.
 
His eyes were blazing with anger and his fist tightened, she could see his muscles tensing up and sensed that he too was trying to hold back his anger. Everyone was watching, including his family from the side. It was the second time he got this worked up, but they were pretty sure they had never seen him this angry before.
 
"Namu calm down, please calm do-"
"I asked what did you say!"
 
He was roaring loudly, staring at the fanboy that dared say he wanted his girl.
 
Sunggyu appeared from the other side, not because he heard Woohyun's shout of course, but because he had ended work with Hyuna and was now walking into a premature fight. Sungyeol and Dongwoo quickly filled him in, but no one was moving forward to stop Woohyun other than Bomi who looked like she was losing her mind with fear. Eunji told all of them to keep quiet while she took Bomi away from Woohyun and allowed the Doctor to proclaim his rights over her daughter.
 
Not the best move however.
 
"I'm talking to you, have you gone deaf and mute!"
"I-I said-d-"
"You're going to wait for her, what did you mean, that we'll break up?"
"I-I-"
"You must have her? You dare take her away from me?"
 
Every word was laced with a thick layer of malevolence that scared the boy deeply. Woohyun pushed him against the wall and held him up by the neck, strangling him in some ways. The boy coughed badly and begged to be put down. Sungyeol still made no move to stop, and so didn't Eunji and Sunggyu. But everyone was watching in fear. He dropped him down only when Bomi rushed forward and hugged him away, which broke his concentration and grip. Woohyun looked shockingly at her, atonished that she was helping someone who wanted to take her away from him.
 
"Why are you helping him?"
"No! I wasn't!"
"Why are you helping him when he said he was going to take you away from me!"
"I'm not helping him, I'm helping you!"
 
She hugged his waist tightly again.
 
"What are you-"
"I don't want you to go to jail if he dies, you'll get into trouble. Just stop for me alright?"
 
She could see he didn't want, and quickly kissed his cheek before facing and bending down to the boy's level.
 
"Bomi, I-"
 
She cut him off.
 
"I'll never be with you. I hope you understand that now, I've been telling you for a long time now that I've someone I love and I won't ever leave him. I didn't save you today, I saved him. But if you really like me, please forget this. You're our customer here and we treat everyone like a friend. If you want to be my friend, I'm more than willing, but anything is a no."
 
She stood up and stretched her hand to offer him assistance, but as he was about to take it, she was pushed aside.
Dongwoo had rushed forward to pull the boy up instead.
 
Better him than Bomi he though, or Woohyun would get into a murderous rage again.
 
"I'll love to be your friend, let's be friends now."
"N-No it's fine. I can manage on my own."
 
He turned to look for Bomi, and was chestfallen when he saw her hugging Woohyun's waist. The bliss look on her face hurt him. It was painful, but not because she didn't love him back, well yes partly, but the main reason was because he knew from the very start he had zero chances. And yet, he made a fool out of himself. The least he could do was thank her, but shiver shoot up his spine when he saw Woohyun still glaring scarily at him. The latter pulled Bomi away from the crowd and back home.
 
He told Sungyeol to take care of everything else in a low growl.
To Woohyun, he believed it was Sungyeol's fault for allowing that boy to come back again and again.
And Sungyeol couldn't even defend himself because he knew Woohyun was right.
 
When they got back, he pushed her onto their bed and hovered above her.
His kness by the side of her waist and his palms beside her ear.
 
She waited for him to explode.
It came in ten seconds.
 
"Why did you help him?"
"I didn't."
"You're lying!"
"I'm not."
"Why didn't you let me kill him!"
"Namu."
"Answer me!"
 
He was shouting every word, but she ansered in the soft voice of hers. She wasn't scared that Woohyun would hurt her again. No, Woohyun was too busy hurting himself to hurt her. Right now, he was torturing himself by imagining Bomi leaving him. And she understood that no matter how many times she promised him she wouldn't leave or how many times she told him she loves him, he was still insecure. She got angrier by the minute from his lack of trust in her. Therefore, pushing him aside, she sat on him and locked herself with his arms.
 
He faced him, and held his jaw so that he was staring at him.
 
"You can kill him for all I care, but if you go to jail, what about me? Have you ever thought about me when you were strangling him earlier on? Did you realize you'll get arrested and I'll be left alone without you. Did you! I'm just as scared of you leaving me as you are of me!"
 
Woohyun flinched; Bomi calmed herself down with deep breaths.
 
"I know you're scared, because your family left you so suddenly."
"Wha-How did you kn-"
 
He trembled, and she felt it beneath her.
 
"How did I know? Sunggyu oppa told me when you were missing. He told me everything."
"Wh-Why did he?"
"Because I'd asked. He didn't tell me willingly, but I bugged him for days."
 
Woohyun was positively shaking right now."
His lips and hands were quivering badly.
 
Why did Sunggyu tell her, now she knows about his horrible past.
She finally knew that he killed his own family.
He had been trying to hide it from him all these while.
 
He never once mentioned about it, and only told her about the nightmares.
Yet, he wondered why she was still sitting so close to him, shouldn't he feel repulsive?
 
But she hugged him tight instead, resting her head on his shoulder and close to his ear.
 
"I will never leave you Namu, I can say this everyday until you remember it. I'll prove it to you that I won't leave no matter what. You're paranoid the day I found you, which was why I suggested to do 'it', so that you'll know you're the most important person to me, I want to give myself to you. You're so sensitve that it's making me worried. I won't say it's not your fault your family died, but I want you to know, that if anything happens to me, it's not your fault, alright?"
 
She moved back to see his face, and smiled when he looked like a young boy pleading with his eyes.
 
"But it was my fault once."
"Would you perfer if I leave now then?"
 
She softened when she saw tears rolling off his eyes. His teardrops always look like water pearls to her and she subconsiously traced her fingers to his tear and wiped it away. As pretty as those water pearls were, she never wanted to see them on Woohyun's face ever again. She pecked his lips, pecked it several times in fact, until he stopepd crying. She understood that he was crying because she said she should leave.
 
"I'll make you a promise."
"W-What promise?"
 
She strethced her pinky out for him to hold onto.
 
"That if I ever leave you, regardless of why, you'll come find me. And if you ever disappear again, I'll find and drag you back. Because that's what you will do too. Till the day I die, I will never leave you. I can't live without you Namu, I can't and you know it. If you're gone, the best doctor in the world won't be able to save me either. You'll find me; I'll get you. Promise?"
 
He nodded and sealed the promise.
Bomi smiled and kissed him again, along with the water pearls that tasted salty but was filled with emotion.
 
"I'll find you when you're missing, regardless of where you'll be, my place is beside you, for the rest of my life."
"And mine too. Now, do you feel better?"
"Slightly."
"Then I guess only time will make you completely fine, or when we're married."
"You know me too well baby."
"Well, you'll have to get on your knees soon then."
 
She got off him and walked out, thinking to start on dinner preparations since everyone should be back now.
But she paused to send a cute wink his way.
 
"I hope it's soon. Because like my omma, I don't like waiting."
"Don't worry. It might be sooner than you expect."
"I doubt it."
"I like making you wait."
"Mm, we'll see who's the real one who's going to wait."
 
She blew a kiss to him before walking out, his loud laughter echoed around the room. He got off the bed and went to his table. Pulling out a drawer and lifting up some files, a small red velvet box appeared. In truth, Woohyun had gotten the ring a few days ago. Opening it, he smiled when the diamond sparkled. He knew the size of her finger very well since he held it many times. And in all honesty, he had the intention of proposing since the day he got back, a little over a month ago.
 
Sunggyu wasn't happy when the Doctor told him his plans to propose soon.
 
"Are you crazy?"
"Wh-Why?"
"You're not proposing before me! I knew Hyuna first!"
"That's your own probably hyung, I'm going to ask Bomi soon."
"That's unfair."
"Look, either you man up and ask Hyuna tomorrow, or as a few years later."
"Hell."
"It makes no difference since you two are practically living in the same room."
"So are you and Bomi!"
"Yes, and I have needs, plus I want kids. Figure it out yourself. I came to inform you, not ask for your permission."
 
He rolled his eyes when Sunggyu made a tantrum again. But he couldn't care, he was too excited to make Bomi fully his. It was difficult holding back. And only a saint could sleep beside the girl he loves without doing anything indecent to her. Woohyun was no saint, that was for sure. But like every male in the world, he was afraid of proposing, very afraid in fact.
 
 
What if Bomi says no?