I'm In Love

The Doctor.
 
Woohyun woke up when he heard someone calling his name.
An angel perhaps?
 
He felt a pair of hands shaking him up but he felt too sore all over to even move. Strangely, it took a lot of effort to just open his eyes. He didn't know why his eyelids felt so heavy, or why he was feeling extremely cold. But when he opened his eyes, his vision was blurry. Yet he did remember seeing her. Her beautiful face, her eyes that were filled with worry and her voice that kept shouting his name.
 
Yoon Bomi was calling his name, shouting actually.
Woohyun smiled and tried getting up, but his body was just too weak. He managed to give one small smile before croaking out a few words.
 
"I waited.."
 
And he fainted.
 

 
The nurses and doctor was rushing to the ER.
They heard o a patient that had fainted in the park and was completely surprised to see that it was Dr Nam.
 
His face was pale and he was running a very high fever. The paramedics knew who Woohyun was so they sped over, rushing to bring the unconscious doctor to the hospital. He was late for work actually, very late that they almost thought he was taking emergency leave. But when they saw him in so much pain, they panicked.
 
His temperature was forty degrees.
That was too high, much to high and dangerous.
 
The doctors asked what had happened, but the paramedics said they had no idea. The person who had called the ambulance refused to say anything at all. She just told them to bloody hurry up or she'll kick their nuts. They rushed like the devil in fear. When they arrived at the park, they saw her carrying Dr Nam towards the main road and placed him on the stretcher before making he was in safe hands. They asked her to come along, but she didn't want to. She just told them to call his family quickly.
 
The cafe and store was closed that day. Dongwoo had received that phone call from the hospital. He was about to ask where Woohyun was since he had not returned home the whole night. At first Dongwoo thought it was a joke, of course Woohyun was in the hospital, he was a doctor for crying out loud. But then his expression changed when he heard that Woohyun was in the ER. He dropped the phone and rushed to tell Sunggyu. They closed the store in three minutes, evacuating the whole cafe and rushing down.
 
When they got there, Woohyun had already been given a shot to fight the fever and was transferred to one of the wards. They were so surprised to hear that Woohyun was wet and carrying a high fever. Sunggyu actually got into a loud argument with the Deam at what the hospital was doing to treat Woohyun in such a manner. Had they forced him to work till he was so sick? But the nurse told them Woohyun had left at four the day before.
 
Everyone was surprised.
If Woohyun had indeed left the hospital at four in the late afternoon, where was he all night?
 
They rushed to his ward. Woohyun was still pale and his lips were desperately dry. Sunggyu was in shock. No matter how hard he had cracked his smart brain to find an answer, nothing came to his mind. The Dean told them Woohyun would be asleep for the rest of the day and that he needs absolute silence to get well. He urged them to quarrel outside instead, since he knew Sunggyu well enough to guess what was going to happen.
 
And what happened, was that Sunggyu was currently blaming his dongsaengs loudly. He asked them why hadn't anyone told him Woohyun wasn't home last night. It was true that Sunggyu had to work into the night for a customized order, therefore he had not returned home till two in the morning. He had honestly thought Woohyun was already home, and that he left really early in the morning which was why he didn't see him at all. It was a misunderstanding, but he was now close to raising his voice even louder.
 
All of them just stood at the corner of the ward, not knowing what to reply Sunggyu. They thought Woohyu was a big guy now and could take of himself which was why they saw and felt no need to tell Sunggyu. Sunggyu had also previously told them that Woohyun was an old man too and could take care of himself. But they were all in the wrong. Sunggyu was indeed lying, and Woohyun was baby. Thankfully the doctor told them not to worry, because Woohyun's fever was slowly going down. They could come close to see him now if they want.
 
Sunggyu rushed forward. And the doctor couldn't stop all of them seven other adults and a baby to move forward as well. Ren started crying when he saw his handsome uncle laying in bed. They crowded around Woohyun who was slowly recovering some colour on his face. He groaning slightly before calling out a name that none of them had heard before.
 
"Yoon Bomi.."
 
Sunggyu wondered if Woohyun had been out with a girl since the name was obviously a girl's one. They just couldn't figure out where he met that girl. At the park, but where in the park? What was he doing in the park at eight in the morning anyway? They were clueless, Sunggyu told all of them to head back while he looked after Woohyun. They quarrelled again, since some of them wanted to stay back as well. But the Dean finally pulled all of them but Sunggyu out. He gave them one last warning about keeping quiet and walked away.
 
They sulked before heading back. What were they going to do when they get home too? The cafe was closed, so was the other store. What other things could they do if they weren't looking after Woohyun. But the Carpenter was persistent and threw his car keys to Hoya who finally gotten his car license a month ago.
 
"Go home, rest. Do whatever you like. I'll be back by dinner."
 
They had no choice. Sunggyu stayed back in the ward, thinking what the hell was wrong with Woohyun. He was first cold, then laughing all night, then coming home the next day sick like a cat and calling out to a girl's name. If that didn't sound highly suspicious to him, he didn't what would honestly. All he knew was one thing, Yoon Bomi girl must be the cause of all these. 
 
And he started getting angry.
 
 
Unknown to him in the room, that Yoon Bomi he was hating and getting angry at right now was just outside Woohyun's ward. She had, against her will, took off from her morning job to come visit Woohyun. But when she saw the crowd outside his room, she stepped back, not wanting to get involved in anything too troublesome. She saw Sunggyu staying in the room and thought they must be somehow related even though they looked nothing alike. So she stared at Woohyun, from that small opening of the door. She stood at the blind spot where Sunggyu couldn't see her and stare at Woohyun who had wasted his time and health because she couldn't care less.
 
She felt guilty.
Very guilty.
 
That morning, after knowing it had rained for almost the whole night after she got home, she headed to work where she needed to pass by the park. Unable to fight her curiousity, she went in towards the bench and saw the lonely Woohyun sleeping on the bench with what he had wore the previous day. His briefcase, suit and hair were all wet. Her heart dropped when she saw him and she ran towards him. Touching his forehead, she knew instantly that Woohyun had a fever so she tried walking him up.
 
It worked for a while, until he fainted and Bomi went ballistic, calling for someone to get a ambulance quick. One fo the park gardeners called the hospital when he heard her and told them to hurry because from his point of view, Woohyun looked as if his live was hanging by a thread. Bomi thanked him and carried the unconscious Woohyun towards the main road, her construction work giving her abnormal strength.
 
She let out a huge relieved sigh when she saw the ambulance coming her way because she had been worried sick that Woohyun was ill because of her. She had actually thought he might really die. She begged with all her heart that the ambulance had reached sooner and almost cried when they came. They saw her and took out the stretcher, she placed him carefully on it and touched his cheek before backing away. Not wanting to follow them all because she knew staring at Woohyun would increase the guilt that was already eating her inside. So she stayed away.
 
 
But if possible, she wished she could stay as far away as she could.
She knew now, that such a crazy man that would wait for her in the rain deserved a chance.
Or maybe, it was her that needed that chance, to fall for that crazy man.
 
Whether she liked it or not, her fate, her destiny and her life was laced with the guy who was now laying on the hospital bed because of her.
 

 
Yoon Bomi wasn't your average kind of girl.
Of course, any girl who works at the constuction site was probably not normal.
 
That was obvious.
 
But what was it about Yoon Bomi that made Woohyun so crazy for her - The man had no idea as well.
 
He adores her, even without knowing why. He just adores her so much that he was willing to do anything. Waiting in the rain was probably going to be something small to him after that day since he knew at once she wasn't an easy girl to chase. He was intriguied by her. He wanted to know how she looked like when she smiles, or when she brused a strand away from her face or when the wind blows and her lovely hair gave her a more gentle and feminie feel. He wanted to know everything about her.
 
Why was she working in the construction site, where did she go for school and what happened.
 
Everything.
Anything.
He needed to know. 
 
 
Bomi walked back home. Having spent some money on public transport, she couldn't afford to take the bus another time so she opted to walk. It was only three miles away so she should be fine. Since she didn't have any work that morning, she decided to take a small nap at home. But to her dismay, someone was already waiting for her outside her home, or if she could call that a home.
 
It was her father.
Or more precisely, her stepfather, not legally.
 
He was in his sixties, with a balding hair and a huge beer belly. And was smoking while waiting for her to return home. He smirked when he saw her. She was stunned, wondering why such a flithy thing would be standing in her already horrible home. She scowled darkly and asked what did he want. He threw the cigarette on the floor before walking towards his stepdaughter.
 
"I swear , you're getting prettier everytime I see you. I came to remind you about the money, make sure you paid it on time or you can kiss your dear mother good bye."
"Whatever."
"Well since I'm here, why not we have some fun, I'm sure you're used to since you probably sell yourself to earn money. Come one, I promise it won't hurt."
" off !"
 
Bomi kicked the man's groin before running away for safety. She was almost caught when his hand stretched out to catch her leg but Bomi stepped on the ugly hand and bolted away from her house. But it still wasn't far enough that she could hear him screaming for her. She went back to the park, sitting on the bench and wearing her cap so that no one recognized her. She predicted her father would only be gone when he was sure she wouldn't be home for the next few hours. So she slept, on that bench that she once felt safe before.
 
Her dream of her past soon became a nightmare.
 
 
"I thought I said you'll never see your mother if you don't listen to me!"
 
//whipped.
 
"How many times have I told you you have to obey  me! Now where is your pay!"
 
Twenty year old Bomi crawled under the dining table for safety while she screamed that the money was at the side of her back. Her drunked step father was stealing money from her again. As if stealing from her mother wasn't enough. He smirked and wore back his belt when he got the money and walked out of the house, warning her if she tells her mother anything, he would kill them both.
 
Bomi shivered under the table and cried.
This treatment had been going on for the last two years and she was utterly sick of it.
 
Bomi had no father, and relied solely on her mother just as much as the older woman had relied on her. They only had one another until her mother found that horrible man. He was fifty plus then, with what seemed like a nice smile and character. He had tricked Bomi's mother into marrying him. Although they were alone, they weren't exactly poor since Bomi's mother works everyday, earning their keep with her blood, sweat and salivia.
 
At first, her stepfather had helped out as well. But after her mother started travelling overseas for work, he became that horrible man that Bomi knew he was since the first time she had saw him. She was nineteen then. Because her mother hadn't been home on the date to give her father money, Bomi was forced to give her own pay to appease the horrible man. When she doesn't have any money or when she refused to give him any money, he would always take his belt to whip her, her back more especially.
 
In front of her mother, he was a good man, taking care of the family and working hard. Yea right, Bomi wanted to spit so badly on that word. Work, it was more like gambling and drinking. He would always give some stupid reason that his friends needed money urgently and he had given them every penny. He mother praised him for being such a loyal friend while Bomi went to the bathroom to puke her dinner out.
 
About a year later, when Bomi was twenty-one, her father had ual harrassed her. Attempted to her multiple times and almost got her if she hadn't screamed till the police came to ask what was wrong. She was hit badly and was thankful that her stepfather went out to find some instead. Every night she would cry herself to sleep, thinking of what had she done to receive such a treatment.
 
Her mother needed to be abroad for three years and had just left at the beginning of the year. She was defenceless with nothing and actually quit her college so that she could work for herself and the house. Her stepfather did nothing but to drink and gamble and bring home s to with. It drove her so angry that she left home when her father was out gambling. She told him she wouldn't accept such a treatment anymore and to leave her alone.
 
She thought she was free.
 
He found her two years later. She was working in a fast food restuarant and her stepfather had stumbled upon. He smirked so evily that Bomi wanted to run. When she got off work, he cornered her and slapped her for running away.
 
"I had to work for two ing years ! You better compensate for my time!"
"Dream on , you stayed in my house for two years, you should be paying rent to me!"
 
He was so shocked that the scaredy cat Bomi had actually dared to talk back to him. He smirked once more and took out his belt, thinking of inflicting the same pain to Bomi so that the little girl would listen to him once more. But Bomi had changed, and she kicked her fathers balls before running away from the alley.
 
"Run all you want, but if you run now, you'll never see your mother again."
 
Bomi stopped in her tracks, fear printed all over her face, she turned back. The was trying to stand up but she kicked him again and asked what did he meant by that statement before. The had the gall to laugh.
 
"You were away, and I was so lonely, not knowing who I can hit on, my only choice was your mother. She was just like you, a coward and a ."
"Don't call my mother that!"
"Oh. Like mother like daughter I see. Right now, if you want to ever see your mother again, you better follow me back right now!"
"Never you bastard!"
 
Bomi's stepfather grew so angry that his veins could be seen on his forehead, he knew now Bomi would never return with him. So he had to think of another method to lure her back. But what the heck, he just needed money, she didn't want that annoying daughter since that would be two mouths to feed and he didn't want such a problem.
 
"Fine. I'll make a deal with you. I won't hit your mother if only, and only if you send money back home every month."
"Dream on. I won't give you a single cent anymore ."
"Then you can kiss your mother good bye. I'll do it, and your mother would be dead. I know where you work, I'll find you everyday if I need to. Think about it."
 
Bomi wanted to kill her stepfather. She had never felt so angry before in her entire life. How dare she take what rightfully belonged to her and threatened her with it. How could he treat her mother so badly too. Bomi knew the pain that the belt could bring and couldn't imagine her mother feeling such a pain at her age. Her stepfather left after laughing hysterically. At first he was afraid Bomi wouldn't obey him. But by the end of the month, when he received a package full of money, he knew his ship had came.
 
And Yoon Bomi was forever enslaved in that cage that her father had placed over her. She had nothing. No education, no money, not even a good home. She had nothing. Which was why she didn't wish for anything. She was nothing but a puppet, under her stepfather's belt, and her mother's cries of pain and tears. She was nothing.
 
Her nightmare ended with her father's evily laughter. She hated him so much that she wanted to kill him.
 
 
Bomi woke up when her phone alarm rang. She was sweating badly and her lips were trembling. It was that same nightmare again. Bomi wept in her own hands, the images of her mother suffering because of her hurts her more than she had ever imagined. She couldn't handle the pressure anymore. It was too scary, too painful. She needed someone to help her, but who, and what can they do? Unless she found a family of gangsters that could help her fight her stepfather away, nothing else could.
 
The twenty five year old Bomi started walking to her evening job. And as she headed to the construction site, three things passed through her mind.
 
How was she going to be able to pay the same amount of money to her father when her landlord had just increased her rent.
How her mother was right now.
And how Nam Woohyun was in the hospital.
 
Yoon Bomi had nothing, so she sure wasn't going to bring Woohyun to her level.
 

 
Nam Woohyun woke up the very day.
 
Sunggyu had went home when the visitation hours were over but he told the Dean he would be back first thing in the morning and to take care of Woohyun well. Woohyun felt the throbbing in his head disappeared as he slowly opened his eyes. He couldn't remember a single thing about what had happened the previous day. Only one way to know the answer.
 
Woohyun got up from bed slowly, rested himself nicely onto the angled bed now, and pressed the emergency button beside his bed. He always wanted to push that button at least once in his life and had done so happily that made the nurses and Dean rushed in like a bull. At least it wasn't a real emergency, that was the only consolation he could give them. Woohyun greeted them as if nothing had happened to him at all.
 
"So.. what happened to me? Why am I in the hospital?"
"You should be telling us that. You got caught in the rain and was sent here by a girl. Please hold still while I do a check up."
"By all means Dean. But do you mind if I asked you a few questions?"
"We'll see how well-behaved you are then."
 
Woohyun grinned and allowed the Dean to take his temperature and other stuffs like heart rate and etc. He seemed perfectly fine with the antibiotics kicking in and a good night rest the night before. The Dean said he was good as new but could rest another day if he like to.
 
"No. You know how I hate the hospital bed. I'll get discharge immediately please. But hold up Dean, you haven't answered!"
"Answer what Doc?"
"How did the girl who sent me to the hospital looked like?"
"We have no idea honestly. She refused to come into the ambulance with you. Only the paramedics knew. They saw her carrying your lifeless body by the main road and was grumbling endlessly at why they took forever to reach. She must be one fierce little thing. Do you have any memories of her?"
"Bits and pieces. And Dean."
"Yes?"
"Please tell me you didn't call my family to co-"
 
The Dean shook his head while laughing.
 
"Too late. They were here yesterday. Sunggyu looked as energetic as ever and actually stayed by your side till the visiting hours were over. But he caused quite a stir with his loud interrogations and angry accusation. He said he would be here first thing in the morning. Which means..."
 
The Dean counted only to ten before Sunggyu walked in with a small bag in his hands. He was glad to see Woohyun awake and sitting up. Putting the bag aside, he asked the Dean how Woohyun was right now.
 
"Perfect. He wanted to be discharged right now so I'm going to do some paperwork. Take a day off Woohyun, someone is covering your shift so you don't have to worry about a thing at work. Remember to take your medicines or.. well you know the drill. See you around Sunggyu."
 
Sunggyu waited for the Dean to leave before facing Woohyun with a serious expression.
 
"Are you going to tell me what happened two nights ago? You had us worried sick!"
"Can I say no?"
"And why so?"
"Because I'm not too clear about what happened."
"You were muttering a name in your sleep. Since I was here, you muttered her name like twenty two times."
"Whose name?"
 
Sunggyu pinched the bridge of his nose and shut his eyes tight before answering the impossible man.
 
"Yoon Bomi."
 
Woohyun let out a wide smile, causing Sunggyu to arch an eyebrow.
 
"Who is she?"
"My knight."
"You what!"
 
He turned to look at the confused Sunggyu.
 
"Hyung!"
 
A scared response.
 
"Yes?"
 
Woohyun got out of bed and gripped Sunggyu's shoulder tight.
 
"Hyung!"
"What? What what what!"
 
Woohyun grinned.
 
 
"I'm in love!"