Forced Help.

The Doctor.
 
He couldn't believe his eyes.
'This' was where his knight was living in?
 
Bomi had 'tried' stopping Woohyun from entering her house but she more or less let him in once they had reached her doorstep. He wasted no time and walked in, fully excited from going into her home. But when he entered, he received this one big shock that he would never forget for the rest of his life. The moment he entered the house, there was a blast of musty smell that made him feel so uncomfortable that he wanted to get out.
 
But Bomi walked into her house as if she didn't understand the smell that Woohyun waas suffering from. Woohyun coughed slightly before looking around the house that maybe a midget or drawf might stay in. It was small, old, smelly and, for the lack of a better word, disgusting. There was only one room, like a square with four corners. The wallpapers were peeling off and it looked horrible. There wasn't a bathroom in the house too!
 
The kitchen and bedroom were joined together and all her clothes were placed on the floor. Woohyun walked in and saw that the horrible smell came from the fridge which Bomi explained that since she couldn't pay her bills, the fridge had spoilt. The sink was clogged up but she further explained that since she couldn't afford a repairman, she rather not use it at all. Besides, the house was just somewhere he needed to sleep for the night. She wasn't home most of the time anyway.
 
And Woohyun finally understood why Bomi would rather sleep in a park.
This place, was like..
Woohyun didn't even know how to describe it. The place was junk.
 
He bravely put on a smile and looked around further even when there was nothing to see. He had practically see it all at the first glance and coughed when the musty smell got too overwhelming for him. Bomi rolled her eyes. She might as well finished her plan. Letting Woohyun stand in her house was like downgrading him from a Doctor to a janitor's status. She hated to see someone in misery because of her.
 
"You don't have to hide it you know. Just leave."
"No no. It's fine. It's just the smell is exploding. How do you stay in here?"
"It's small and what not but it's still a place to sleep when the park rains."
"And you can tolerate the smell?"
"Oh please Doc, nobody can stand the smell. I live here because I have no where to go. Beggers can't be choosers right?"
"Well then don't live here."
 
Bomi stared at him, dreading that Woohyun had just said. And Woohyun, being the neat and clean freak he was, couldn't stand another second in this horrible house. He sure as hell wasn't allowing Bomi to stay in such a house either. He knew he had no rights, but he just couldn't help it. His heart was already crying from knowing his knight was staying in such poor conditions. This shouldn't even happen to a girl like her. So without thinking, as usual, he took all the clothes that he can find on the floor and whatever things that might be Bomi's and left the house.
 
Bomi was in too much shock that she didn't stop Woohyun in time. When Woohyun came back, she held onto his shirt and asked where did he take her stuff to. It was all her belongings, all her clothes and all her assets. She was so close to beating Woohyun when the Doctor lifted her over his shoulder and took her small bag before running down the complex. After he shoved her into his car, he switched on his engine and drove away quickly.
 
"Nam Woohyun what are you doing!"
"I'm taking you away."
"What? You can't do that! Take me back!"
"No. You're staying at my house from now on."
"You can't do this to me. You can't just take me wherever you want and think it's okay with it. I said let me out!"
 
Woohyun clicked onto his car and activated the child control switch. That way, no matter how Bomi tried to open the door, it couldn't be open unless it was from the outside. Bomi screamed but Woohyun was oblivious, acting as if he couldn't hear a single word Bomi had said and sped off even faster, breaking the driving limit and arriving at his house in just ten minutes. He got out of his car and went towards the passenger side, opening it, he pulled Bomi out and walked into his house. She couldn't break his grip no matter how hard she tried.
 
He used his keys and opened the door, everyone was still awake and was in the living room, watching television like they normally would. They had already heard Woohyun's car being parked and a loud screaming voice but had no idea who it was. When they saw their front door slammed opened, all they could see was Woohyun coming into the house while his left hand tried pulling someone in. Bomi had used the door frame to hold herself back and Woohyun, tired of fighting with Bomi, just carried and threw her into the house.
 
She didn't get to see anyone in the house since she had her back faced to the insides of the house.
 
"Nam Woohyun I won't live here, how many times must I say it!"
"Say as many times as you want, I won't let you return to that place!"
"You have no rights whether I live there or not."
"You're right. But it doesn't matter. You can either live here or the hospital. All I need to do is to fill out a simple form and you'll have to stay in the hospital for the rest of your life. Pick your choice. Here, or the hospital."
 
Bomi raised her hand to slap Woohyun but the Doctor caught her just in time.
 
"Enough!"
 
Bomi jumped and turned back. Right in front of her was the eight most beautiful human being that she had ever laid eyes on. She blinked several times at them. Surprised that Woohyun was staying with such a big family,  she wondered if he had gone to the wrong house. She quickly get back to her senses, because the one with the smallest eyes looked mighty angry.
 
"Who are you?"
"None of your concern."
 
Sunggyu was shocked that the girl was so bloody rude. She walked away when he wasn't even done with her. But Woohyun carried her back when she started running out. He locked the door in case she tried running again.
 
"What's going on Nam? Who is she and what is she doing here!"
"She's my date."
"What?"
 
That thing was Woohyun's date. Sunggyu couldn't believe his eyes and ears. And as if the shock this morning wasn't big enough, Woohyun dropped them another bomb.
 
"I brought her here, to live with us."
 
(Silence)
 
"What the hell, are you kidding with me Nam. She definitely isn't staying here with us!"
"Oh please, don't make yourself so great. I never said I wanted to live with you either."
 
The other seven adults were so shocked that the stranger had just talked to Sunggyu that rudely. It was slightly comical honestly, but they were still trying to process the fact that Woohyun had brought home a girl to live with them. And Sunggyu himself was close to steaming that his ears had turned red. Bomi wasn't backing down at all. Woohyun didn't know where to begin.
 
"What did you say?"
"I said, I don't want to live here."
"Then get out!"
"Fine! Unlock your bloody door!"
 
Sunggyu growled loudly but Bomi still wasn't backing down. She glared straight back at Sunggyu and walked towards the front door.
 
"Hurry up I'm waiting! I need to leave this crazy Namu!"
"Stop this Bomi."
"No, let me out!"
"I SAID STOP IT!"
 
Everyone jumped back when Woohyun roared. Ren started crying. Bomi looked the most surprised of all while Sunggyu just stared on. His anger slowly subsiding. Woohyun seldom gets angry, and when he does get angry, it usually wasn't a good sign. He wasn't that childish man that made so much trouble when Sungyeol didn't want to let him on in a secret, he was more mature, more stable than before. So he waited.
 
"You're not going anywhere and that's final."
"Why?"
 
Woohyun stared at Bomi, his eyes softening when he saw her weak yet trying to be strong side.
 
"Why do I have to stay here, why should I listen to you?"
 
Woohyun gulped.
 
"Why won't you just let me go?"
 
And she cried.
 
Sunggyu couldn't bring himself to get angry anymore.
Because clearly, it wasn't the poor girl's fault at all.
 

 
Eventually, Bomi stopped crying.
She resorted to absolute silence and refused to talk or look at Woohyun.
 
They were seated in the living room and Bomi chose to sit on the floor than the free space on the couch. She was just sulking and wrapping her knees together with her arms. When Ren tried getting close to her, she moved away and sat somewhere else. But Ren was happy for a guest and crawled towards Bomi again. He thought it was a game. While Bomi gestured for Woohyun to take the baby away. His parents took offence and thought Bomi didn't like Ren. But Woohyun knew better.
 
She thought her dirtness might jump onto such a pure kid.
Too bad his family couldn't understand that.
 
Woohyun began his explanation when Myungsoo took his son away from Bomi.
 
"This is Yoon Bomi. And she's staying here."
 
They waited for him to continue but Sunggyu realized that the was the end of his explanation. Just that eight words and he expected all of them to understand. Hell that wasn't happening. Had the Doctor gone stupid or something?
 
"That's it? No reason or whatsoever?"
"No. She's staying here. In the guest room with Hyuna."
"Hell at least explain more indept why?"
"Hyung did I question you when you sudden brought Hyuna home to live with us?"
 
Silence again.
 
"Exactly. So she's staying here. I threw away all her clothes so we might have to lend her something."
"You threw out my clothes as well?"
 
Everyone saw that Bomi was on the verge of crying again. However, she didn't want to appear weak, especially to that small eyed guy, so she held back her tears and begged God silently to take her away from this place.
 
"Woohyun hyung, I think you should let Bomi home, honestly she doesn't seem like she wants to live here."
"I don't. But please, continue convincing his guy to let me back. I need to head home soon."
"This is your home from now on, accept it."
 
Bomi scoffed.
 
"I won't. So you can just stop thinking that I would. I'm not the kind of girl that has dinner with you and you bring her home and expect her to live with you and his family or what not. I don't care how many girls you done that to before but I'm not that kind of girl."
 
Woohyun spoke with a small voice.
 
"I've never brought a girl home before."
 
Bomi didn't care.
Why should she?
 
"Whatever. Like I said. I'm not staying here. I have my own hands and legs, I can work for myself. I don't need your pity. The reason why I showed you where I lived was because I wanted you to know that I will never be good enough for you. You're a doctor, I'm a construction worker. We're miles apart. I live in a square house that is falling apart, you lived in a beautiful three stories high house with your family. I have nothing, you're a guy who has everything. And even though I have nothing, I don't need you to give me anything. So please, let me go."
 
Bomi turned her head back away from Woohyun and his family. They were shocked that she was this direct, and honestly, they had no idea what to say about what she had just said. She was trying so hard to push Woohyun away, all because she knew they could never be together. But that doesn't make any sense, if she was so poor, she could just hog onto Woohyun for the rest of her life. But it was all too messy for them. Bomi was hiding something, and Woohyun needed to find out. Yet the doctor walked towards Bomi and said beside her on the floor.
 
"I'm not giving you any pity Bomi. You just assumed that so. I just gave you a better place to live, you can still go back to the construction site although I most likely won't agree to it anymore."
"I'm didn't ask for your opinion."
"You're staying here. If you ever go back to that horrible place, I'll demolish it so fast that you won't be able to go back."
"I will still leave."
"Then I'll find you."
 
Bomi turned to glare at Woohyun, but when she saw his face was so close to hers, she jumped back and moved away to create some distance. Sunggyu noticed the tinge of blush on Bomi's face and realized that she, too, might have some feelings for Woohyun. Yet she was pushing him away. Why so, why so? Woohyun smiled at her adorable behaviour.
 
"No matter where you run, or how far you can run, I'll bring you back. I may be a doctor, but that doesn't mean I don't have any connections."
 
And to prove his point, he went towards Bomi and sat beside her again. Sunggyu closed his eyes and groaned. It was obvious that the connection Woohyun was talking about was him. He was so damn confident that Sunggyu would help him with anything. He had already made it very clear to everyone that he didn't like this girl because of what she had done. But the devil Woohyun just had to bring her home and make her live with them.
 
"Then I'll pay rent. I don't want to appear like some freeloader to someone in the house."
 
All eyes on Kim Sunggyu.
The man grinned.
 
"Fine how much was your previous rent?"
"Seventy-five thousand won a week."
"Seventy-five for that hole, what were you thinking!"
"It was the only place that accepted weekly payment."
 
Woohyun wanted to kill someone all of a sudden.
 
"Fine seventy-five, have it your way. Give it here!"
"What?"
"In case you run again, I deemed it necessary to pay for the rent first."
 
Bomi immediately opened her bag and took out her wallet. She flipped her wallet upside down and only one thin crisp of thousand won fell through with some coins. Bomi sighed at her own poorness. She looked at Woohyun and said she would pay the rest once she got her pay by the end of the week. Woohyun said it was agreeable and took her whole wallet away. He smiled when she wanted it back.
 
"Just in case."
 

 
Nana was the first to welcome Bomi.
 
After Woohyun snatched Bomi's wallet away, Nana walked towards the girl and sat next to her. She seemed so beautiful that Bomi didn't know what to say, she just gawked and said that thought out loud. Sungyeol smiled with pride while Nana thanked her.
 
"I'm sure you'll be just as pretty when you get cleaned up."
"No no I don't want to dirty your house, I'll just go someone else to shower."
"And where do you usually shower at?"
 
Bomi kept quiet, but Woohyun more or less guessed where, it must be at some sort of public toilet with a hose. He sighed again before telling Hyuna and Yvonne to get Bomi cleaned up. Nana wanted to help but Bomi said she could take care of herself. Nana instead and said she was pregnant, using her pregnancy to get her way again. Bomi felt all the blood fading from her face. She moved all the way back till she was against the wall.
 
"You should stay away from me! I'm too dirty!"
"Well then let's just get you cleaned up."
 
She said it so sweetly, so matter of factly, so easily that Bomi was captivated. She nodded her head before she could stop herself. Hyuna and Yvonne cheered and they carried Bomi to the washroom while Nana went to get some clean clothes. The moment Bomi and the girls were out of sight, the guys immediately turned to Woohyun. Sunggyu voiced out his opinion first.
 
"So can I ask?"
"I already know what you're going to ask hyung. But I'm sorry, I can't answer you."
"And why not?"
"Because you won't like the answer."
"Well, let me hear it anyway, just for old times sake."
 
Woohyun sighed.
 
"Like I've said this morning, I love her and I won't let her go. It was obvious enough because I'm practically imprisioned her in our house now. We went to eat earlier on and she told me she wasn't hungry, yet she ate four times my share. She was starving but had no money to eat. She sleeps in the park because her house was so god-awful horrible. It smelled bad and dirty, it was just one-third the size of your workshop hyung. And like she said, she had nothing. All her clothes that I'd threw away were the only things she had for herself. And if I may say, it was only two sets of clothes."
 
Sunggyu frowned.
 
"And you're telling me this because...? You said you're not pitying her and you're doing this because you love her. Yet do you know anything about her?"
"I don't. And that's only because I don't know how to get any information about her on the net like you do."
"Would you like to learn?"
"No, I rather do it the normal way and asked her."
"You mean you don't know anything about her at all."
 
Woohyun nodded but before Sunggyu could call him crazy, Nana came out of the room, she went towards Woohyun and sat on the floor, the guys circling around her.
 
"Oppa. Did Bomi ever tell you what happened to her?"
"No. We've just met, why?"
"She's injured."
 
Woohyun jumped up but Nana pushed him down.
 
"Are you crazy oppa! You can't go in, she's a lady!"
"But I'm a doctor!"
"Well she's a lady and we're already helping her."
"Where is she injured?"
 
Nana pointed to her shoulder.
 
"She told us she got hurt at the construction site last night."
"She's never going back."
"You tell her that. But that isn't the worst oppa."
"What do you mean?"
 
Nana looked back at the washroom before answering Woohyun, all the guys listening in.
 
"I think she was abused. She had a scar like mine, the day when I was kidnapped, those s hit me. And she was the same scar, only more, like twenty times more. She's hurt everywhere! And oppa..."
"What what! Tell me! Don't pause out of nowhere, you're scaring me!"
"I think she got those injuries because.. because she got whipped."
 
Woohyun couldn't believe what Nana had just said.
But Nana pulled up her slevees to show her arms.
 
A white line was imprinted on it.
 
"This is how that scar looks like. After eight years. I was ninteen when I got this mark. And Bomi has the exact same scar only it was everywhere. She's been hurt by someone. And her marks looks bigger too. She was badly whipped by someone, someone with a belt. Because that's where I got my mark."
 
Woohyun gripped his fist so tightly that he wanted to hurt something, his eyes were teary because of what he had just heard. Sungyeol asked Nana why she hadn't told him about this before. She said she never liked talking about that night when she got hurt and quickly went back to the girls before her husband could say another word, she hated all this questioning.
 
"So.. she's a girl who's been mistreated. Did you know that Nam?"
"Would I look this shocked if I knew hyung? You know for once, can you use your overly smart brain and think?"
"Hey hey, why are you getting all agitated?"
"Oh and I can expect you to be very calm when you hear Hyuna getting hurt."
 
He had him again. Sunggyu clearly wasn't using his brain when he speaks these days. He quitely scoffed and ignored Woohyun, but he wouldn't let this matter rest. Sunggyu recollected all the things he had known about this girl. She was mistreated, working in a constuction site but had no money to even eat or stay in a slightly better place. So where did all that money went to?
 
But Sunggyu wasn't the only one who was thinking right now. Woohyun was pacing around the living room and sighing every few minutes, driving everybody crazy. When Bomi came out of the bathroom, she was trying to cover herself because the girls had gave her one of Woohyun's old sweater and one of their old short. Woohyun stared at how beautiful Bomi was when she was just wearing his sweater, although he would prefer if she doesn't wear that old ugly shorts.
 
"Bomi, I have- Yah! Nam Woohyun!"
 
Woohyun had pulled Bomi to his room when Sunggyu was talking and locked her in, so that no one can bother him. Bomi stared when Woohyun locked his room and asked what the hell was he doing.
 
"Getting us some privacy, you're staying here tonight."
"What? You said I was sleeping in the guest room with Hyuna."
"Sunggyu hyung accompanies her every night. You can go back if you want to."
"I'll take the couch then."
"You paid rent for a bed, enjoy it. It's only for a while."
 
Woohyun then went to the bathroom to shower, he wore his tanktop and sweatpants when he was done and groaned when he saw that Bomi wasn't inside. She left the moment he entered the bathroom. Woohyun hissed to himself before getting out to find her, only to find her and Sunggyu in the living room, drinking some beer and talking junk. He behind the wall to hear them.
 
"So, you're only twenty five this year? Well that's darn young."
"No. You're just darn old."
 
Sunggyu smiled. He was beginning to like this girl even though he knew zero things about her.
 
"You do know I'm only doing this because I need to know who you are. Woohyun is a when he wants to be."
"I know. I've seen that part just now."
"So, tell me about yourself."
"What do you want to know?"
"Whatever you want to tell me."
 
Bomi took a deep breath.
 
"I never finished school, if that's one of the things you want to know. I could see from earlier on that you think I'm not worthy, but I can understand. I am, nothing to be proud of in the first place. I was in Seoul University but left halfway when I was nineteen. Thereafter, I went to work. I used to study Medicine - Nursing more exactly."
 
Sunggyu nodded before taking a sip of his beer.
 
"Then why did you leave?"
 
Sunggyu noticed her grip on the can got tighter and wondered if he had hurt a nerve. Bomi pretended that she hadn't heard what Sunggyu had asked and drank a big gulp of the beer. The memory of her past made her need to drink badly. She really wasn't the kind of person who drinks, nor has she drank before, but she needed some courage and sadly, only the alcohol in front could give her that.
 
"I finally left home when I was twenty-one and started working part time at a fast food restuarant before I got sacked and worked at the construction site. I actually deliver newspaper in the morning too and worked at another fast food outlet after that, then I sleep at the park for about two hours before heading to the site where I end work at three in the morning. This cycle went on for about two years till now."
 
Bomi took another gulp of beer before she started getting drowsy. She hipcupped slightly and Sunggyu thought Bomi must have had really low alcohol limit. She had only taken three mouthful and was close to a be goner. But he needed to know the truth, she gave him answers that beats about the bush, he wants real answers. So he asked her straight. Screw length conversations, he wasn't Woohyun.
 
"What do you need the money for?"
 
Bomi stared at Sunggyu before closing her eyes.
But before she passed out, she managed to tell Sunggyu what he wanted to know.
 
"I need the money to save my mother.."
 
She knocked her head against the table and fell asleep instantly. Woohyun had finally came out of the shadows and picked Bomi up. He had been so engrossed in their conversations that he hadn't noticed that all his family members were hiding and sitting on the floor outside the kitchen. Bomi had no idea that everyone had learnt about her story overnight and Woohyun, who got a surprise when all of them came out from their hiding spot, carried her nicely in his strong arms. Everyone stared at the poor girl and couldn't help feeling bad for her. No wonder she thinks she's unworthy.
 
Nana started crying because of her emotional pregnancy and went towards Bomi who was sleeping like a baby in Woohyun's arms. She caressed her face and hair and saw the tiredness from the young girl. Sungyeol stared on, unsure of what he was trying to control. If Sungjong was still alive, he would've been around the same age as Bomi. Therefore she was like a sister to him. And he had to protect her. All of them felt the same way, unsure of their own emotions but knew one thing.
 
They had to help her.
 
Sunggyu thought back about what Bomi had said, but what didn't make sense to him was the mother. She needed to save her mother, but from the way it sounded, the moment she ran away she hadn't heard of her mother anymore. It puzzled Sunggyu slightly and he got up from the dining chair and threw the cans of beer away. Before he walked off however, he announced two things.
 
"She, can stay as long as she wants. Just don't make her scream anymore cause it's defending."
 
He then turned to Hyuna.
 
"Sorry Hyuna but I need to go back to my room for a while. There's something I need to check on my computer."
"Go please do so. Find out whatever you can. Damn I never appreciated you being a gangster till this moment."
"You mean you still hated me even though I did so much for you."
"I hate your past, not you. But hell I love them all now."
 
And she kissed him on the lips before going back to her room. To the rest, he told them to either take off the next day or go to work. Though he couldn't decide, he knew how to make Bomi stay away from the other jobs from now.
 
"Tell her tomorrow morning that we need help in the cafe, tell her Nana is weak from her pregnancy and needed more help. Ask her to do anything you want, just make sure she's perfectly safe."
 
Woohyun thanked Sunggyu for his consideration but the older man just snorted at him.
 
"Strangely, I rather do things for her than you. But I'll tell you the truth. As much as it pains me to say this, the smartest decision you ever made in this life was to bring this poor girl home."
"Does this mean I can be together with her?"
"Will what I say be of any importance in your decision."
"Absolutely not."
"Then yes, I'll agree to your fantasy to live with your knight. But don't force her like how you dragged her home. She's a lady afterall, be nice."
 
Woohyun felt amazed at how Sunggyu could change his mind so quickly. Just a few hours ago he was cursing and hissing and swearing about Bomi but now, it seemed as if he's totally taken with her.
 
"Admit it hyung, you're starting to like her don't you?"
"I do. It's been such a long time since someone screamed in my face and go against me. I'm not saying that I enjoyed it. But she did earned some respect."
"We bickered the moment we saw each other, which was what made me fall for her."
"So you fall for her because she quarrels with you? That's pathetic!"
"It's not. It's special. Just take it that way."
 
Sunggyu smiled slightly before he went to his room. The rest of them went back to their own rooms as well. Tomorrow might be one hellish morning so they thought it was better to rest as much as they could. Nana made Sungyeol swear that he would wake her up in time to convince Bomi to stay though Sungyeol said she didn't need to be awake to do so, sleeping in would be more convincing. But Nana said she was too worried to sleep peacefully, only then did Sungyeol gave in to his impossible wife. He knew she knew that using her pregnancy wasn't a good thing, but she had to do what she must. She didn't order anyone around anymore and would rather do everything herself.
 
The only problem was that Sungyeol wanted to help with everything. She was only two months pregnant, which meant she was still in some sort of danger till the stabled three months mark. Therefore, Sungyeol insisted on helping her in any way he could. Nana could only sighed and allowed so. It was better to let her husband help then arguing with him. The couple then fall straight to bed, exhausted even though they didn't have work that day.
 
In the other room, Sunggyu was typing away on his computer, trying to find out as many things as possible. He had no idea who had abused Bomi but he that it must be someone close, or more like someone who she had saw everyday before and have close connection to her mother. He started searching for Bomi's existence first, hacking into the hospital records and searching for the name. There were about seventeen Yoon Bomi, and two of them were twenty-five this year. But Sunggyu had a gut feeling, and went along with the record without a full father's name. 
 
There was very little things to be found about her.
 
It almost seemed as if Bomi had led a very quiet life. Having only an ID and nothing else, but the picture cannot be mistaken and Bomi looked exactly as how she looked right now when she was young. When he was about done at one in the morning, he picked up his phone and called a number that he got to know recently. He used to be a policeman, but changed his occuption to a private eye recently. He picked up on the third ring.
 
"Whoever this is better have a good reason for calling me this early."
 
Sunggyu grinned.
 
 
"Hello Inspector Oh."