Heart to Heart.

The Doctor.
 
Woohyun was laying in bed.
Ren sitting on his lap, while he read a children story book to send him to sleep.
 
Nana walked in at that moment and she smiled at the sight. Woohyun was hoaxing Ren to sleep so that the baby could be returned to his parents. Woohyun didn't want the baby to see him in such a dampened mood. But Ren proved to be clever at such a young age, he managed to stay awake, rather diffcultly though, from Woohyun's sweet voice while he read and sang a lullaby to him. They were happy to see Nana entering the room and gave her a big smile. 
 
Woohyun had already guessed one of them would check on him sooner or later.
And if it wasn't Sungyeol, it had to be Nana.
 
"Woohyun oppa, are you feeling better? I'd help you lecture Sunggyu oppa earlier."
"Hah, Sunggyu hyung actually lets you scold him? That's rare."
"Well he can't retaliate, not yet at least. Since I'm pregnant and Yeollie could easily kill him if I asked him to."
 
Woohyun smiled widely and Nana never really noticed how handsome the Doctor was. Of course, her eyes were still too busy looking at her own husband's handsomeness, so she hadn't been looking around that often. Woohyun had a different kind of charm from Sungyeol. While they were similiar in some ways, they were more different than same. For example - Sungyeol wouldn't openly show his affection or intentions to someone, whereas Woohyun would do it so openly that he might as well post it on the newspapers.
 
Nana sat down on Woohyun's bed and took Ren onto her lap to hoax him to sleep. The baby was asleep almost instantly, as if he knew someone was here for his uncle now and he could finally give in to his sleepiness. 
 
"This little guy is really a smart one."
"Unlike the oldest one who's not smart at all."
"Heyhey, as much as I'm upset about Sunggyu hyung, I won't allow you to talk behind his back like that."
 
Nana changed the topic. 
 
"Oppa don't you wish you could have a child as well? I mean, you really like Ren, why don't you get one too?"
"I know where you're heading with this and I would rather make one than get one. However, this isn't the right time for me yet."
"Why not? You said you were in your prime age just last month."
 
Woohyun smiled before explaining.
 
"There are things that I have to do. I'm the Head of my department for a while now. You can say I'm pretty busy and free most of the time. I could leave wherever I want since there will always be doctors younger than me who needs the experience than I do. But as a doctor, I have to constantly better and improve myself with the information and technology of today. An advance in technology could change the way we do things in the hospital you see. Just like how you'd brought the technology back from UK for Sungyeol."
 
Nana nodded before Woohyun carried on.
 
"Doctors are very lonely people - we get called back to the hospital as and when there's an emergency. We can't reject it since our job is to save lives. If I get together with someone right now, she'll feel lonely when I'm not around. I don't want that. And since I can't leave my job as a doctor, the only way left for me left is to stay single. I'm not complaining though."
 
Nana laid beside Woohyun and rest on his shoulder. 
 
"You're really mature oppa!"
 
The Doctor tittered.
 
"You mean you've always believed I was childish? I am playful on the outside, but doctors in general are still better than businessmen. Unlike the cruel battle in the market, my occuption has more feelings. We have empathy and sympathy for the people we work and work with. Both words, are foreign to businessman. That's why Sunggyu hyung's so cold. It's not that he wants that, but because he couldn't understand how to feel bad for others that doesn't need it. I can't blame him for that. Being in a gang and a businessman, he's cruel and tough in many ways. He doesn't just give help or pity if he thinks you don't need it, or you're not worth it."
 
He paused for a while, thinking back of the back.
 
"However in Sungyeol's case, Sunggyu hyung is different because Sungjong died. I still can't forgive myself for not being able to save him then. I wasn't a full-fledged doctor then yet so there wasn't much I could do. I watched him die in Sungyeol's arms. It was depressing for both of us. If you wish to know the truth, the reason why I'm act childish and playful is because there's a need to add liveliness into our home. Without you or Yvonne, how do you think six guys' life would be like?"
 
Woohyun had said everything that came from his heart. And not once did he actually blamed Sunggyu about what the rest were talking about before he came home. Nana, on the other hand, felt very small. She had blamed Sunggyu for Woohyun's loneliness when it was actually something nobody could change.
 
She had always thought Sunggyu was the soil of their family while Sungjong and Sungyeol were the roots. Dongwoo, Hoya and Myungsoo was the leaves, but Woohyun was the water. He was the energy that kept the family going. 
 
Although Woohyun did have his own bad past, he was a better man now. He wasn't that whining twenty four year old anymore that threw tantrums just because he was being treated differently and when things didn't go his way. He was thirty-two now, and had learned responsibility and courage from his brothers. 
 
Woohyun rubbed the bridge between his eyes and yawned slightly. It had been a busy day at work that afternoon and Woohyun felt like sleeping even before dinner. Nana told Woohyun to take a power nap and she would call him for dinner when it was done. Woohyun smiled thankfully at Nana before closing his eyes and rest. She quietly tip toe with Ren in her arms and left the room.
 
When she was outside, everyone looked at her for some sort of reaction while Nana just smiled. She gave Ren back to Yvonne and told them Woohyun was sleeping inside. He had a rough day at work and was exhausted. 
 
"Oh. I thought the hospital had some sort of cycle and that the busy period was already over."
"I guess that was before. But Woohyun oppa's the Head of his department now. He has more duties and matters to look into from now on. We were just assuming too much. He's perfectly fine."
 
Nana saw Sunggyu relaxing from the corner of her eye. She could see now the older man was worried, but after listening to how Woohyun had protected and covered all of Sunggyu's mean actions with just a few words, Nana felt annoyed. It made no sense that the victim was covering up for the accuser. The thought that no one was in the wrong was out of Nana's mind in a matter of seconds.
 
Things Pregnancy does to her.
Sunggyu was really rude just now and even though Woohyun had already told her not to blame Sunggyu.
 
"Woohyun oppa's fine now. But that doesn't mean someone can just forget and not listen to what we said earlier on. If I could say a biased opinion, I would say everyone here is lucky to have Woohyun oppa. Of course, we do know his value, but maybe someone here needs to be reminded."
 
It was obvious Nana was talking about him.
And Sunggyu scoffed before he rolling his eyes.
 
"Nana I'm losing my patience with you."
 
Nana heard that soft mutter and glared at Sunggyu before turning back to Sungyeol and Hyuna who were cooking in the kitchen. Strangely because of her pregnancy now, her emotions were harder to control. And to say it was a bad thing was an overstatement. Because she started getting all teary-eyed and let out a small sniff. Sungyeol dropped the spatula he was holding and rushed to her side. 
 
"Yeollie, S-Sunggyu oppa was scolding me. W-What did I do w-wrong to get scolded?"
"Sunggyu hyung! Why are you scolding her?!"
"Lee Sungyeol I'm your older brother man. Have some respect!"
"Kim Sunggyu! If you shout at them one more time I'm going to leave this house!"
"Hyuna!"
 
Add oil.
Add oil.
 
"Y-Yeollie I'm scared.."
"Sunggyu hyung/oppa!"
"Shhh~ Woohyun hyung and Ren are sleeping!"
 
The whole house shook from the loud voices of the five adults. Dongwoo had tried to calm them down but Sunggyu was openly shooting fire at Nana. She was smiling all of a sudden and the oldest's anger faded as she skipped her way towards him.
 
"I was just kidding oppa. But I do hope sincerely you can talk to Woohyun like how you had told us before."
"What do you mean?"
"Remember the first time Hyuna had dinner here? You actually warned her about Woohyun. Not warned her about Woohyun oppa, but more like warned her about Woohyun oppa. You said he was irreplacable in your heart. Ask yourself, is he replaceable now?"
"Of course not!"
 
Those words shot out of Sunggyu's mind even without thinking.
What was Nana talking about, of course Woohyun was important.
 
"Then that's good enough for us. Just don't forget that there's another brother in this house."
"Oh and Hyuna, stop saying you'll leave, you're going nowhere so stop that ridiculous remark at once."
 
Nana then went back to the kitchen with Sungyeol to cook. Everyone understood that Nana had tried fixing things for all of them. But if Woohyun didn't need help, then they sure didn't need to help too. Although they couldn't live without one another, they sure as hell could stand up for themselves. It wasn't nice to have arguments and fights in the house. Imagine what Sungyeol's reaction would be if Sunggyu had accidentally caused Nana to get hurt while she's pregnant.
 
Disaster.
 
Hyuna felt childish when Nana reprimanded her about leaving. She hadn't realized she was forcing Sunggyu to listen to her every word or she'll threatened to move. It was ridiculous just like Nana had said.
 
"I'm sorry Sunggyu oppa. I won't leave. I'm staying here forever. But please spend more time with Woohyun oppa. Woohyun oppa means a lot to you too. I should declare way honestly, Woohyun oppa space in Sunggyu's heart is much bigger than mine!"
 
They laughed at her cute jealousy and heard a familiar laughter they hadn't heard in weeks. Woohyun was standing by his door frame and puckering his lips. Hyuna knew Woohyun liked what she said. It was fun in some sense and she knew Woohyun would fight back. But to her utter surprise, Woohyun said he wasn't going to snatch Sunggyu away from her and took the whole matter rather seriously.
 
"Don't worry. Hyung is all yours. It'll be nice to take him off my hands for a while. Also, now that we have a hyungsoo-nim in the house, we should really brush up on our fomalities."
 
Everyone stopped what they were doing. They hadn't thought about that before. Now that Hyuna might get married to Sunggyu, they would have to call the smallest one in the house hyungsoo-nim, which was very awakward since they treated her like a little sister. Sunggyu on the other hand smiled while Hyuna just said she still wanted to be the youngest in the house even after marriage.
 
They had actually thought about marriage.
 
"Can I still call Sunggyu hyung, Yeobo, even after you two are married."
"Sure be my guest."
"Woohyun we need to talk later on."
"Anything Yeobo."
 
Hyuna smiled brightly and they began their dinner while Sunggyu rolled his eyes heavenwards. The two eldest left the clearing and washing up to the kids after dinner and took a few cans of beer from their fridge to the balcony. The sky was cloudness and a sea of darkness shore above them. Sunggyu took a sip of his beer before looking at Woohyun.
 
"I've always wanted to sit like this and have a drink with you. All these years, we were so busy that we didn't even get the chance to do so. You were underage the first time we met and I eventually forgot about this. Who would have thought we would wait for more than ten years before we could drink together. How long have we known each other, do you know?"
 
Woohyun grinned.
How could he forget?
 
"Fifteen years. Since I was eighteen. Wow that's really a long time."
"It is isn't it? I remembered that rainy day. From the moment I saw you on the street, I knew I had to bring you home with me. You were family then. We both had nothing, but we finally had each other. It took me a long while to get use to your presence and hyperness. But strangely, we fit it perfectly as if we'd known each other for years."
 
Woohyun faked a stiff.
 
"Hyung you're making me cry."
"Don't be such an Nam."
 
Sunggyu nudged the younger one before smiling to himself. Although Sunggyu knew Woohyun likes to make a lot of jokes with him, he also knew when Woohyun was just messing around, and when he was serious. It's a handy skill that comes from knowing him for fifteen years.
 
"Woohyun. I know you more or less told Nana the reason you didn't to find a girl, I don't need to talk to you to know what you're thinking. Although I do agree with your reasons, I do hope it's not a forever-thing."
 
Woohyun turned to look at him.
 
"Why not?"
 
Sunggyu exhaled deeply before taking a long swing from his can.

"I'll tell you the truth. I'd never thought I'll be together with Hyuna. Just like how Sungyeol told me before, Nana appeared just in the flower shop and they started from there. Pretty much the same thing as I had. Hyuna appeared in my shop and demanded for a job. I'm not saying the same thing would happen to you. I just hope you don't avoid it once it really happens."
 
Namstar looked away.
His face shown all his mixed emotion.
 
He didn't care for a girl.
Why was everyone rushing him to get a girl?
 
"But if I had no intentions of finding a girl even, I wouldn't even notice someone racing towards me right?"
"This isn't something you can control, nor something I could either."
"Hyung.."
"I've wait for you to get a girl, because I know you would. You're looking for someone you can take care of, and patients aren't always lasting in some sense. We're all settling down, we're adults now. It's nice to move on, to find time to find a love one. You have to forget your past Nam."
 
Woohyun smiled.
But underneath that smile, it felt more bitterness that Sunggyu had never seen before.
 
"So it's down to this isn't it?"
"You can't hide from me forever. Although the kids think that I don't know anything, I probably know more than what they think they do. I wasn't even sure what they were scolding me for earlier on anyway. You said a month ago that you're about to find a girl because you're in your prime. I'm waiting for that Nam. I need to see the girl who could change you."
 
Woohyun shook his head with the beer can near his lips.
 
"Like you said, I'm messed up. I don't want a girl when everything isn't clear up yet. I mean, I can see how loving you, Sungyeol and Myungsoo are, but I have my fears. Look at Dongwoo, I'm a doctor, and I hate nothing more than knowing I can't save someone. I need to save someone so that I can feel that I actually matter. I'm afraid I would fall for someone unexpected and not know what to do about that. I can't accept any girl right now. It's too risky and wasteful."
 
Sunggyu had no idea what Woohyun was talking about.
For once, he really had no idea what the man was talking about.
 
"Wasteful?"
 
Woohyun rolled his eyes for the first time.
 
"You know what I mean. Come on hyung, I'm just not ready relationsships. I just want to focus on what I have now. I'm not interested in dating yet."
"Really? You're not lying to me?"
"Yes! Really!"
"Okay fine, then stop looking so miserable and sad whenever you're home. I know it's not because of your heavy work schedule."
"Fine fine, let's just enjoy our beer."
 
The two guys drank silently while looking away from one another. Sunggyu on the other hand, wasn't really to give up that easily, but he knew this wasn't the right time to push Woohyun to get over his past, nor to find a girl either. He'll get one when he sees one, there's no need to rush him honestly, because the Namstar he knew, was very unpredictable. Very. However there was one small thing on his mind and he was thinking whether or not to go ahead with it.
 
"Woohyun I'm thinking about expanding the house."
"Again?"
"Well yea. When Sungyeol and Nana's kid comes out there won't be enough spend for us all to live after some years. And imagine if my kid or Hoya getting married, where will we live? It's either we expand the house or expand the workshop upper floor."
"Nana might throw a fit. And won't I get married too? You're skipping me and rushing to Hoya now."
 
Sunggyu rolled his eyes.
 
"Just a minute ago you were convincing me that you didn't want to settle down and now you're whining that I'm skipping over you. Make up your mind will you? And I know she will, she told us a long ago."
"Heh. That's right."
"But she's closer to you now so you can just persuade her. You know. Just get her to say yes and not say it's my idea. It's for all of us anyway."
"I never thought I'll leave to see the day that the fearless First Leader would be so scared of his sister-in-law."
"Just shut up and do it. Subtly if you please. Don't give me any more troubles than I already have."
 
It was Woohyun's turn to roll his eyes again, but he choose to chuckle and shake his head too.
 
"You're a changed man hyung. Such problems never used to get to you, but look at you now, so worried about a problem that I honestly think Nana wouldn't mind. Get a grip man."
 
Sunggyu chose to ignore that comment. Because he knew Woohyun was stating the truth. Such things really never used to affect him, but he was so worried just because of a difficult pregnant woman. It was ridiculous to think so, but maybe he was just worried. Afterall, he couldn't forget what kind of man Sungyeol was. And as rude Nana might be, he still loved her like a sister.
 
Maybe he needed to work things out again, or maybe it was just Love and its complicated issuses. But as tiring as his days might be for now, there were still some sweets in it.
 
That's right.
At least he still had Hyuna.
In fact..
 
 
Thank God for Hyuna.
 

 
Woohyun sipped onto the remains of his second beer can and threw the bottles away after. Patting Sunggyu on the shoulder, he went back into the house and towards his room. Yet pasued when he knew his brothers and sister-in-laws were waiting for some sort of response from both of them, he smiled and stopped in his tracks. Walking towards the PA of the house instead, he switched it on and said a few words.
 
"Just getting everyone's attention. I know you're all dying to know how Sunggyu hyung and I are, and the answer is, the same. We'd never changed and I hope everyone is clear on that. Stop worrying, especially Nana. It's bad for the baby alright. Also, on a lighter note, we're expanding the house, and whether you liked it or not, some of us are going to move to live above the workshop soon. Thank you for your time and sleep well."
 
From the outside, Woohyun could see Sunggyu groaning and covering his eyes with his hands.
So much for subtly.
 
But it was better than Sunggyu had ever hoped for. There was no response in the night, so at lease he could sleep better tonight. And for once, not having to care about what tomorrow might be like. He too threw away his three cans of beer before heading to his room. Woohyun was already hiding in his first floor room and was currently in bed. He was exhausted beyond words.
 
But he was unable to sleep.
 
 
Tossing and turning all night, there was only so much rest Woohyun could get if this continues on. But what else could he do at eleven in the night if he wasn't sleeping? He groaned and sat up. Staring at the bright moon outside the sky, he thought about Sungjong suddenly. It became a habit for him to look out of the window like Sungyeol when he was lonely and worried. It was like Sungjong was his way out of his misery. Woohyun had witnessed all the miracles that Sungjong had made for them. 
 
He had saved Sungyeol from his own horrible and dark past and brought him new hope and happiness from Nana.
He had saved Sunggyu from his own miserable thinking and painful past. He had changed the stubborn and impossible man into someone else because he was given another chance in love. He brought and gave Hyuna to Sunggyu.
He had managed to let Dongwoo see Hanuel again. After all those horrible years of searching and missing, all that silly Dongwoo wanted was just to see and hugged Hanuel again. What better miracle than to let a lonely and desperate see his lover.
 
And Sungjong made all of that happened. He had saved three soulless man because of his existence and love for them. Was finding a girl and falling in love going to give him a better life? Was it even important and related? Woohyun couldn't see how that works honestly. He was a doctor, and a doctor had more responsibilites than any other human being on earth because they were taught and made to take care of the people that needed them first. Woohyun changed that much, from that ignorant git who smoked weed outside the neighbourhood and took drugs, to someone that was saving lives right now.
 
He couldn't understand just one thing though, and it was this very thing that had nagged his heart for the past fifteen years. Did they really need to lose someone to get a miracle? Was that sacrifice needed? Did Sungjong needed really to leave so that Sungyeol could get a better life? Did Sunggyu's mother needed to hang herself in front of Sunggyu?
 
Did his family deserved to die for him to change?
 
Woohyun left out a loud sigh. He had no answers to his own questions. And he knew no one had or could hear his misery and pain. Was miracles supposed to happen to him, even once?
 
Did he crave it?
Did he even want it?
 
Oh he wanted it very much.
He wanted to see his parents and brother just one more time.
 
He wanted to tell them he was sorry.
He wanted to tell them that he missed them terribly.
 
That was all he had been dreaming of for the past few years. A miracle, he wanted a miracle to see his family.
When would it finally be his turn for that miracle?
 
Woohyun wanted what everyone wanted, the very same thing that Sungyeol, Dongwoo, Hyuna and him craved.
He wanted the dead to come back to life.
 
 
Woohyun finally managed to get some sleep that night.
And just like every other night for the past month, Nam Woohyun cried himself to sleep.
 
 

 
PS. A short start and beginning.
Unlike The Carpenter I actually have no general idea or plan how many chapters this sequel might take.
But let's take one step at a time. I'm pretty sure this story would be amazing.
 
//winkwink.
Chapter Two would appear pretty soon, I promise.