Where Is He?

Will It Lasts?

 

 

 

 

Sulli throws her phone to the couch with irritations. She walks to the kitchen and drinks ice water before she goes back to the living room. Her phone rang again. She glances to the caller ID. The private number again.

“When will she stops irritate the hell out of me?”

She shut down her phone and slumps her body to the couch. She crosses her arms.

“Is she really Minho’s girlfriend? Should I ask him? What if she wasn’t?”

Sulli sighs. The woman keep calling and texting her. It’s been a week but she doesn’t care to stop. Sulli started to distance herself from Minho again. She still make him breakfast and stuff, but she never sit down with him on the dining table anymore. She will went out of their house earlier than him and come back early too. She will ignore him if they met each other in their own house.

“I better starts cooking if I don’t want to see him.”

She walks to the kitchen and starts cooking.

Minho on the other side was confused. Sulli’s attitude keeps changing. She was okay when she came to the hospital the day Taemin met with an accident, but she change the next day. She became colder and seems distancing herself from him like she does when they were newly married.

“I should talk to her when I come back.”

                                                                                              ***

Minho comes back early that evening. Sulli was shocked when he suddenly shows up at the kitchen but pretends she doesn’t care and continue her work.

Minho walks to the fridge and took out a mineral water. He drank it calmly and walks to the dining table.

Sulli washes her hands and dried it before she took her files from the kitchen counter and walks to the garden.

Minho stare at her without uttering any words. He then follows her steps and sits on the other chair next to her. Sulli didn’t budge. She keeps looking at her files.

“Busy?”

Minho asks her with a smile.

Sulli shakes her head.

“Do you have any problem? You can share it with me.”

“No. and if I have any, I won’t bother you with it.”

Sulli said with a determined voice.

Minho sighs, louder this time.

“Why is it so hard for you to understand my feelings?”

Minho said calmly to Sulli who was reviewing the files on her hand. She closes the files and look at him.

“What do you mean?”

Minho still fixes his eyes on the floor.

“How long will it take for you to accept me as your legal husband?”

Sulli look at him, trying to sense if he was angry. But, he just shows an indifferent expression. She didn’t say anything.

“Can’t you say anything?”

He remains calm.

“Minho, I.”

Minho sighs and turns his view to his wife.

“I was force into this marriage too. But, I do my best to be the best husband to you. I try to build conversation with you but you seem distancing yourself.”

Sulli just let Minho talk.

“I had given you time. I’ve given you a whole 6 months but you never try to make thing works between us.”

“This is new to me.”

“It applies to me to. I’m not a widow before I married you. I’m a bachelor too.”

He utters the words calmly.

“What do you want me to do?”

“Just do your duty as my wife. What kind of wife that did not even treat me like a human? You will shrug me off even if I touch you accidently.”

Sulli smirks.

“I know where this conversation will lead to. Do my duty as your wife? As in sleep with you?”

Minho widens his eyes.

“Is that the only things that will happen between husband and wife? Do you think I will act that low?”

“But you ask me to treat you as a husband.”

Sulli answers with a straight face.

Minho fists his hand. Sulli is too stubborn. He breaths in and out a few times to calm himself down.

“Let’s make this marriage works Sulli. I’m begging you.”

Minho stands and walks to the living room. He took his car key and walks out.

Sulli stands up. She wanted to run after him but something holds her from doing it. Minho never turn his back on her, in any situation they were in. he was the calmest person ever.

“Did I go overboard?”

She clutches her chest. Her heart was thumping hard.

“Why do I feel so scared when he walks away like that?”

Sulli clutches her shirt tighter.

“Will he hates me?”

                                                                                 ***

"What? Are you crazy? Why did you say that?"

"I was flustered."

"And you pour it to him? Ssul, you should stop doing that. Minho is not your punching bag for you to treat him like that."

Sulli palm her face.

"Ottoke unni? Minho didn't come back since that day. He didn't even call me."

"Why are you asking me after all the things you do? I've told you repeatedly Sulli. You should talk to him about the calls. You can't make decisions after listening to one side only."

Sulli remains silent. Victoria was absolutely right. Her ego ruins it all.

"Ssul, have you seen him flirting with his secretary?"

Sulli shakes her head.

"And she is so damn gorgeous right?"

She nods this time.

"You should have guess what kind of man he is. He only have his eyes on you. He was struggling to make you happy, to make your marriage works but you didn't even want to participate in it."

Sulli remains silent. She is at fault. She can understand why Victoria was so mad at her. She understand it all.

"Have you try asking your in-laws?"

"Ani. I can't."

"His friends?"

Sulli shakes her head.

"Try calling them. They must know where he been."

Sulli scroll her phone, looking for Jinki's number. She only have his number because Minho once called Jinki from her phone.

After a few rings, Jinki answers the phone.

"Hello Jesu-ssi, how are you? Why did you call? Do you want to change the deco?"

"Ani Jinki oppa."

"Wae? Did Minho ask you to call me for him instead? What did that kid want this time?"

Sulli heard Jinki laughs from the other line. She smiles.

"I just want to ask what is your favorite dish. I planned to invite you and the other to have dinner someday."

"Don't be so formal. I'll eat anything especially when it is chicken."

He laughs.

"Okay. I'll ask Minho to call you if we have fix the date. Annyeong oppa."

Sulli ended the call when Jinki hang up. She looks at Victoria with a gloomy face.

"He is not with Jinki oppa."

"The other?"

"Molla."

"Didn't he go to the office? Let's look for him there."

Sulli nods.

"Why didn't I think about it?"

"Let's go. There is a lot of time before office hours to start again."

Victoria pick up her car keys and walks out with Sulli. She droves to Minho's company.

They were greeted by Taemin who was walking inside with a girl, maybe his assistant. He asks her to walk first before he walks to them.

"Hyung-soo. How are you? Did hyung asks you to send something to me?"

Sulli wrinkles her forehead.

"Where is Minho ssi?"

Victoria is the one who asked.

"He took few days leave. I thought you know. Hyung-soo, did you fight?"

Taemin asks slowly. Sulli didn't answer.

"Taemin, do you know where your hyung is? I need to see him now."

"Hyung didn't say anything. He just say that he will be on leave for a week.  He asks me to take care of his works for him."

Sulli loses her balance. She leans on Victoria for support.

"Hyung-soo. Kenchana?"

Taemin ask with concern.

"When did you last speak to him Taemin?"

"Two days ago.Do you want to sit first. You don't look good."

Sulli shakes her head.

"Thank you Taemin. We'll get going first."

Sulli bows a little and walks out with Victoria supporting her.

Sulli leans her back to the seat and closes her eyes.

"I've hurt him unni. I've hurt him a lot. I should never said that."

Sulli said in between her sobs. Victoria didn't answer. She let her cries her heart out.