Getting Better

Will It Lasts?

 

 

“I saw you alone for the past two days. Are you having any problem sir?”

Minho lifts up his head when he heard the voice.

He smiles.

“Sorry if I interrupt you but you seem having a problem.”

“It’s okay, have a seat. It’s a relieve that I got a chat buddy here. Are you here for a vacation too sir?”

“I actually own this resort.”

“Oh. I thought you are on holiday too.”

The guy smiles and sits beside Minho.

“I’m Kim Jong In.”

He held out his hand to Minho.

“I’m Choi Minho.”

Minho shakes his hand while smiling.

“How long have you run this business?”

“Actually it was my father’s. I take over this resort after his death.”

“Sorry to hear that.”

“It’s okay.”

Jong In smiles.

“I see that you are married Mr. Choi.”

Minho glances at his ring. He smiles.

“Yes. She is a lovely woman.”

He stared at his ring long before he shifts his gaze to Jong In.

“What about you?”

“I was married once. An arranged marriage. But, it doesn’t last long.”

Minho was speechless. The young latter seem having more problem than him.

“Sorry Mr. Kim for making you bring those memory up.”

“Kenchana. We did not love each other. Going to our separate ways are better than arguing every single day.”

Jong In chuckles.

“Mine was arranged too.”

Minho said while staring at the sea.

Jong In shifts his view to Minho.

“You too?”

Minho nods.

“But I love her. So much. I fall easily for her.”

Minho smiles when he remembers Sulli.

“Good for you Mr. Choi.”

“Deh. I’m a lucky man.”

He laughs.

“Don’t you have anyone you like Mr. Kim?”

Jong In sighs.

“I do. But it was my fault that I lose her.”

Minho wrinkles his forehead. Jong In look at Minho.

“Mr. Choi, would you mind if I share my problems to you?”

“No. I won’t.”

“I was here to lessen your burden, but it seems that I was the one who have problem.”

Jong In said while smiling.

“It’s okay. Sometimes, we feel more secure to share our problem to strangers than friends.”

“You are right.”

Jong In lean his back to the chair.

“She is a friend of mine since my school days. I always keep an eye on her. She is pretty, tall, lovely and bright. I always have this strange feeling when I’m with her. Since we are still teen at that time, we are 16, I can’t say it was love.

“Time passed and we are still friends. One day I ask her if we can be more than friend which she shyly agree. We start dating on her 18th birthday.”

Minho nods.

“What happen next?”

“We further our study. She flies to UK while I study here in Korea. The night before she boards the plane, I propose her. We were engaged. Her family and friends like me which was a big relief for me.”

Jong In smiles.

“A year after that was the start of my misery. I was force into an arranged marriage. If I didn’t, my family will lose their fortune. I was hesitant because I love my girlfriend so much. I met the girl. We agree to marry for three years before we separate. She has someone she likes too but her parent dislikes that guy.

“We get married the next month in China. Her parent lives there. It was a perfect wedding; lots of people came including foreigners. I lived there for two months after wedding before I came back to Korea, without my wife. She stays there with her parents and I will fly there once in a month to visit them, as in contract.”

“Did her parents knew?”

“No. They thought that their daughter can’t stand living far from them, and as I was still studying, they didn’t suspects anything.”

Minho nods.

“My bad, I was exposed when I was about to get married to my girlfriend. She somehow knows that I was married.”

“How can you get married again since you were still married with your wife?”

“We did not register. We marry traditionally.”

“Is that still applies in this modern era?”

“It is Mr. Choi.”

Jong In sighs.

Minho pats his shoulder few times to show him his support.

“Maybe it’s your fate Mr. Kim.”

“I guess so.”

Jong In smiles.

“How did she know? I mean your girlfriend.”

“She overheard my conversation with my wife. I was talking on phone when she came. I didn’t realize it at all. I was saying about my marriage in China and stuff. As I turn around, I met her wet face. She was crying. When she slaps me before she run away, I know that I lost her at that time. I lost her completely.

“But, I tried calling her, going to her house to explain things but I didn’t have the chance to meet her. It’s my fault Mr. Choi. I should tell her beforehand. I should tell her about my fake marriage. I should have.”

Jong In palms his face. He breathes before he stares at the sea.

“When did that happened Mr. Kim?”

“2 years ago. It was two months before my marriage contract ended.”

Minho nods.

“Didn’t you look for her again now?”

“I was planning to do that. But I’m afraid that she had forgotten me. What if she had move on? What if she had married?”

“Are you her first love?”

Jong In nods while looking at Minho. Minho smiles.

“Trusts me Mr. Kim. She won’t be forgetting you that easy.”

Jong In’s face lits up with a smile.

“Do you think that?”

Minho nods.

“I don’t have the experience as my wife is my first love, but I knew it from researches.”

Minho chuckles.

“You do research about it? Wae?”

“I need to know something.”

Jong In smiles.

“Thank you Mr. Choi. I feel lots better now. I’ll do my best to make her mine over again.”

“Yes. Make sure you do that. Good luck Mr. Kim.”

Minho and Jong In laughs and drink their juices.

                                                                                              ***

Sulli run to the door when the bell rang. She opens it hastily hoping that it will be Minho. She was waiting for him for the last two days but he never shows up.

As soon as she opened it, she was stunned as the latter that stands in front of her is Minho. It’s Choi Minho. Her husband.

“Min.. Minho.”

She stutters. She hugs Minho tightly when the man smiles at her.

“Sorry Minho. So sorry. I didn’t mean to say that. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.”

She cried. The cold, stubborn and arrogant wife of Minho cries on his chest. Despites her ego, she was saying sorry endlessly to him.

Sulli clutches Minho’s shirt tightly, not wanting to let it go.

Minho was shocked on Sulli’s attitude. He was completely shocked. But, he just let his wife cries on his chest. He let her wets his shirt. He just let her hugs him tight. He let her.

Sulli releases Minho after a while. She lowered her head, she was feeling guilty.

“I’m sorry.”

She wipes her face with the back of her hand.

Minho smiles. He holds her chin and lifts her head so that he can see her face clearly. Sulli’s eyes fixed on the floor.

“What are you sorry for Ssul? I’m the one who should say sorry. I hurt you. I didn’t leave you any messages. I left you hanging. I’m sorry okay.”

Minho utters the words calmly, slowly, and lovingly.

Sulli sobs harder.

“Sorry Minho.”

Minho puts his finger on Sulli’s lips.

“Stop saying sorry wifey. Let’s go in neh.”

Sulli nods and turn around. She walks in after Minho. She follows his steps to the living room.

Minho make Sulli sits on the couch, while he sits on the table, facing her. he wipes her remaining tears tenderly.

“Now, tell me. Why did you change to your old self a week ago?”

“I got phone calls, messages from someone.”

She starts.

“And?”

“She said that she is your girlfriend.”

Minho laughs. Sulli wrinkles her forehead.

“And you actually believe that Ssul? Seriously?”

“She was convincing.”

She answers with a low voice, head down.

“Ssul, you know that I will be frank on anything, even if I didn’t eat one of your dishes. How can you think I will have a girlfriend? And didn’t even show any signs of it?”

Minho chuckles.

“I stutter when I lie wifey.”

Sulli lifts her head.

“Sorry. I didn’t even try to know about you or your character. I was ashamed Minho. You did everything to please me, you took really good care of me, you did everything just for me.”

“It’s okay. You not doing it because you wanted to. You need time. Sorry I kinda lose my patience that day.”

Minho caresses Sulli’s smooth cheek.

“I realize that I like you when you were not by my side. I long for you. I miss you so much. I waited for you every day. I tried calling you every time. I can’t focus, I really can’t. I have used to have you around me.”

Minho’s face lit up.

“I guess I make the right decision by running away.”

He chuckles. Sulli furrows her eyebrows.

“Why?”

“If I didn’t, I wouldn’t know your heart. I would never know.”

Minho smiles lovingly.

Sulli smiles too.

“I’ll try to be your wife as a wife should be Minho. Guide me to it.”

Minho smiles.

“I would love to. But stop calling me by names first. I really feel sad when you keep calling me Minho. I was 3 years older than you.”

“Sorry Minho oppa. I’ll start calling you oppa.”

She smiles sweetly. Minho cups her face and kisses her forehead.

“Go to sleep. I will never leave you ever again.”

Sulli smiles shyly and nods.

 

 

 

Happy? I’m happy…

^_^

Who is Jong In?

I bet many of you know who he is...