They Met; They Talk

Will It Lasts?

 

 

Jong In pulls her in a tight hug right away. He hugs her very tight.

“Sulli. It is really you.”

Sulli stoned in her position while Jong In keep apologizing as he holds her. He caresses her hair and hugs her tight. As tight as he could.

“Oh Ssul. Do you know how much I miss you? I’m sorry chagiya. I should have explain all of it to you. I will not lose you if I do. We had been married if I do Ssul.”

Sulli slowly caught up on the situation. It’s Kai that’s was holding her. it’s the most hateful man that she struggles to forget. It’s Kim Jong In.

She pulls away and pushes Jong In with all her might and she succeed in releasing herself from his grasps.

“Stay away from me Kai. Don’t you ever touch me.”

She ended it with a slap on his face, hard.

Kai doesn’t care about the pain that the smooth hand cause to his cheek. The woman is the one that he concerned now.

“I know you must be mad, really mad. I know. I know I shouldn’t keep my marriage away from you.”

Jong In palms his face before he reaches for her hand which she pulls away in disgusts.

“Don’t touch me. You know on thing? you are the last person that I want to meet if I have to Kai. You are so sickening. My head hurts even when I look at you now.”

Sulli lashes her anger.

“Sulli, please listen to me first.”

Jong In keeps trying to hold her hand which makes Sulli crosses her hands instead.

“You won’t let me get away if I don’t listen to you right? Alright then, say it. I’m ready to listens to all of your lies. Stop pestering me when you are done.”

Sulli said in a calm but serious  tone.

“Let’s sit, maybe café?”

Sulli starts to walk to the café without even answering him first. Jong In sighs in relief and follows her.

                                                                                              ***

“You have become more beautiful Sulli.”

Kai said smiling.

“Just say what you wanted to say. I need to go to my room.”

She said in a dry tone.

Jong In sighs. It’s the stubborn Sulli after all.

“I was forced into the marriage Ssul. I do it to save my father. You know how much he loves this resort right? It’s a memory of my mom.”

Sulli just stood there, legs cross, uninterested. She doesn’t even look at Jong In.

Jong In sighs. She knows exactly how Sulli’s character is. But, he needs to tell her everything. She is still listening even though she doesn’t pay attention to him. She was like that when they have their love quarrels, but the different now is her face shows hatred while she was only sulking back then.

“I was going to say it to you when you graduate but my wife tell me not to because it is just a fake one.”

Sulli look at him in disbelief.

Fake?”

She smirks.

“Deh. When we are about to get married, my marriage contract nearly come to its end. It never occur to me that you will find out.”

He lowered his head.

“I love yo Sulli. I still am. We have gone through a lot Sulli. You are enemy, my friend, my love and my life. I really hope that you can be my wife.”

His last word make Sulli breaks into a laugh. A big one.

“Wife?”

She said in between her laugh.

“That won’t be happening. Seriously Kai, do you think that I will weep and waits for you in a dark corner?”

Her laugh doesn’t stop. She keeps laughing her heart out. She tries to cover her pain with the laughter.

“But you love me Ssul. I know that you love me.”

Sulli stops laughing and look at him in the eyes. He stares at her with full of love and sadness.

“Do you ever think of my condition back then Kai? I am not myself. I turn to a lonely girl. I turn to a strict and bad manners woman Kai. I never went out with anyone anymore; I never hang out with the girls. I was like that for nearly six months Kai. I became a daughter that no one would want to have. I’m really lucky that they understand. Do you know how hurt and depressed I am at that time? I have no world at all.”

Sulli paused and breathes.

“I trusted you Kim Jong In. I trusted you more than anyone else. I didn’t take it seriously when Soo Jung said that she saw you with a Chinese woman. I thought ‘ah, she must be a colleague or a friend’. That is how much I trusted you.”

She poured out her anger.

“I’m sorry.”

Jong In said after a while and tried to reach for her hand on the table which Sulli pulls away immediately.

“I changed completely from a cheerful and lovely girl to a dark character at that time. Yes, I was mad at you. I came to hate men. I decline all men who want to be closer to me. I’m afraid that they will turn to be like you. I’m afraid that they will betray me like you do.”

He keeps his head down. Sulli was right. Completely right. Only if he tell her about his fake marriage at that time. He sighs.

“But I really need to thank you for that. From the very bottom of my heart. I am really thankful that I know about your marriage Kai. I really am.”

She smiles. A big and sincere smile. Jong In lifts his head and look at her with a confuse expression.

“If only your marriage didn’t happen and if only I didn’t catch you at that day, I won’t meet a man like Minho.”

Jong In widens his eyes.

“You found someone else?”

He asks in surprised.

“Why won’t I?”

She paused and shows him her finger. She points on her wedding ring with her finger.

“I’m married Kai. It was an arranged marriage too. I’m really lucky to have him as my husband. He is a gentleman. He really cares of me even though I didn’t accept him in the early stages of our marriage. He waited patiently for me to soften.”

Sulli smiles as Minho’s face come to her mind.

“I’m happy now Kai. I’m very happy. It’s the happiness that I never had dreamed of. Thanks to you.”

She smiles again.

“Everything that you tell me, I believed it. I don’t want you to explain anything to me at all. it’s not necessary. But since you explain it, thank you.”

Sulli stands and prepared to leave the café when Jong In caught her arm.

“Ssul, you can’t be like this. I know you still love me. Even though I don’t see the spark in your eyes anymore, I knew that there is still love for me. I am the one who you love Sulli. You are still mad at me. You will realize that it’s me that you love one day Ssul.”

Sulli removes his hand on her arm slowly.

“No Kai. I’m clear enough. You are no longer in my heart. All my love is for my husband. He is the reason for me to say alive with overloads happiness.”

She walks away after that, leaving Jong In speechless.

“Sulli.”

He murmurs her name before drips of tears falls from his eyes.                           

 

What will happen next?

Thank you all for your patience…

I really appreciate all your soothing comments…

Thank you dearies…

Have a nice day…

^_^