08

▸ Let's keep it a secret

Luhan P.O.V

 

I woke up feeling really cold everywhere except in my back. I was confused as my brain tried to process this. After a good minute I remembered why my back was warm. Sehun was behind me. Sehun had a fight with his dad and left his home. Sehun asked me to help him and my new friend was now sleeping in the same bed as me. It felt, well it felt nice. Comforting. But that doesn’t mean I am not cold, why in the world is it this cold?

I sit up and. my gaze moves to Sehun’s sleeping form. He is slightly curled up. His face looks so relaxed, like he has no care in the world. I really wish that were true.

At one point the cold gets even worse and I feel myself shiver. I lay back down pulling the covers up to my chin. I stay still for a couple of minutes hoping that the cold will pass but it doesn’t.

I look at Sehun again. He looks pretty warm and I wonder if some of the warmth will pass on to me if I get closer to him.

I shuffle a bit until I am as close to Sehun as I can be without actually touching him. It feels much warmer already. Without even thinking, my hands reach around his waist and pull his back against my chest.

I sigh happily when the warmth overflows me. I move into a more comfortable position with my hands spread on his stomach and my forehead against his neck.

I wonder briefly if it is appropriate for two friends to be like this but honestly I don’t care, it’s finally warm. I am lulled back to sleep soon after.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am pulled from my sleep when whatever I am hugging starts moving. I don’t like this so I tighten my grip and try to go back to sleep. The thing, now identified by my brain as Sehun, starts moving again.

“Stop moving around.” I say.

He freezes and I feel pleased as I start nodding off. I almost fall back asleep when his voice breaks through to me.

“L-luhan, what are y-you doing?”

He stutters a bit, probably feeling awkward but there is no way I am fully waking up, I still feel tired.

“It’s cold.” I say hoping that will convince him to stop moving around.

Sehun does stop moving around and I do a little happy dance in my head. Now that he isn’t moving, I fall asleep rather quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next time I wake up, I feel a lot more rested and warm. I soon realise that what woke me up was Sehun moving again.

I pull my hands away from him, sitting up and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

“Morni-” before I can finish, Sehun bolts out of the bed and into the bathroom. I stare at the door quite confused until I hear the toilet flush. Aaaaah. So that was what was bothering him. I sit on the bed when I hear the shower turn on. I sit on the bed contentedly, not feeling like getting up just yet.

He comes out after he is done washing up. He stands in front of the door awkwardly and I am reminded of last night.

“Morning.” I repeat again cheerfully.

“M-morning.”

“How did you sleep?”

“I-um I slept good, thank you.”

“Ahhh that’s good, I am glad.” I say before getting up and stretching.

I go to my suitcase and find a T-shirt a sweatshirt for Sehun to wear.

“You can wear that, but all of my pants would be too short for your legs. I mean you can try and wear them if you want.”

“No, no, no it’s fine, thank you. I’ll just wear the pants I wore yesterday.”

“Okay but we might want to go out and buy you some clothes, you can’t always wear the same thing.”

Sehun looked a bit shocked at this.

“Oh, I no, that won’t be necessary, I won’t bother you anymore. I was just umm planning to stay the night and then leave.” Sehun said with a sad expression.

“Leave? Leave where?” I ask frowning.

“Well I-I was going to, I don’t-”

“You don’t have any money, you don’t have any clothes, where are you planning to go Oh Sehun?" I ask angrily but when I see him flinch I regret everything I said. I take a calming breath and start over again.

“Sehun, I told you this before, you are my friend. And that might not mean a lot to you, but it does to me. And I will not let my friend, that’s you if you need reminding again, leave and then either sleep outside or maybe somewhere even worse. I am not gonna allow that. Today I was planning to go and find a flat or a room or just anything to rent for the money I have left. You are going to help me, and when we finish this we will go buy some bubble tea and then I can start looking for a job. You are going to live with me and you are going to focus on your training so you can become the best. Okay?”

“But I can’t accept this, it is too much and-”

“Stop it. It isn’t too much. It’s not like I wasn’t planning on doing all of these things before you came, it’s only a little bit different now because I won’t be so lonely. So you are going to accept this without complaint. Okay?”

“I-but-” Sehun did try to complain but I gave him my best ‘You-are-going-to-lose-this-argument-so-you-better-shut-up-now’ look and it works. He sighes dejectedly.

“Okay, fine. But I do whatever I can to help. I can get a job as well.”

“No.” I say sternly.

“What? What do you mean no? Why not? It will be better if both of us can work and-”

“No.”

He glares at me, ready to get into a new argument and it looks like it will be more heated this time. I cut him off before he can even start.

“No Sehun, don’t even think about it. I will work and you will focus on training.”

“But you have to train as well.”

“Yes but I am older.”

“What does you being older have to do anything with me not working?”

“I am older, I get to work and you have to listen to me.” I cross my hands over my chest and look at him smugly, feeling rather proud of my reasoning.

“That-is just stupid reasoning.”

“Did you just call me stupid Sehun?”

“What no, I didn’t I just said-”

“You said my reasoning is stupid so that means I’m stupid.”

“Noooo, it doesn’t mean that, it means well, it’s just, I meant to say that you reasoning is stupidly brilliant?” He asks a little bit unsure. I smirk at this.

“Nice save. So let me get this straight, my reasoning is brilliant?”

“Yes.”

“And since it is so brilliant, that means you accept it, right?”

“Well, yes I guess?” I can see he is a bit confused over this. I grin broadly at him.

“Great, so you aren’t working, put those clothes on so we can go look for a place to stay.” I say as fast as I can.

"Okay. Wait no! I didn’t accept to not work.”

“Yes you did.” I smirk again.

I can see confusion on Sehun’s face and then I see the exact moment he realises that he did accept it when he accepted my reasoning.

“Oh great. You must be some kind of a genius evil mastermind to manipulate me so well.”

“I will take that as a compliment, but sadly I am not. You are just too stupid.”

“Hey! That’s mean.” He says pouting and he looks like such an adorable child that I can’t help go over to him and ruffle his hair.

He squeaks and moves away from my offensive hands.

“I am gonna go wash up, you put the clothes on and well you can play some games on my phone or listen to music or whatever. Okay?”

“Okay.”

I smile at him before going to the bathroom.

And in my head the familiar chanting of I’ve got a friend~ starts again as I grin to myself.