24

▸ Let's keep it a secret

Luhan P.O.V



I feel somewhat depressed once I hear that Sehun isn't going to train with us anymore. But once I see Sehun's shocked and reluctant expression, I decide to mask that feeling as best as I can, knowing that this was a huge opportunity for the boy and not wanting him to blow it. I keep a smile on my face and soon the boy is convinced to go with the other three.

As soon as the door closed, my expression falls. I am worried about Sehun. The boy is so shy, even with Jongin with whom he became tentative friends. Hopefully Jongin will be able to get the boy out of his shell and get him adjusted to the new situation.

But most of all I feel depressed because I won't be able to see him. What with separate training, my work and the exhaustion I always feel at the end of the day, I am sure I will barely be seeing him.

The news of debuting also shocked me. It is so fast and sudden and I feel panic growing in me. I am sure that Sehun will be chosen to debut. I am not so sure that I will be chosen. I am nothing special compared to a lot of the other trainees. I startle as someone clears their throat next to me. It's Wuifan.

"You shouldn't worry," he says quietly.

"What?"

"You worry about Sehun right? I know you two are close."

"Close? What do you mean close?" I stutter scared that we had been found out. Does he know Sehun and I are together? Is it that obvious?

"Well you and Sehun live together, so I just figured you are close."

"O-oh yeah. I guess we are pretty close because of it."

"You shouldn't worry. I am sure he will be fine. Sehun is a great dancer."

"I know." I answer with a smile, glad that people recognise Sehun's talent. "Then what's wrong?"

"He will debut next week. And we've already rarely been hanging out with each other and when je debuts and I don't, that rarely will probably turn to never."

"I don't think that is gonna happen."

"Why?"

"You have a great voice. If anyone isn't going to debut, that would be me."

"Don't be stupid, you'll debut."

"Well how about we go back to training and make sure we both debut."

"Okay." I give him a smile, and even though I am sure he knows it's forced, Wuifan chooses to ignore it smiling back, before we both join the training.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's hours later when we are finally done, tired and sore, drenched in sweat.

It is already late and I hurry to finish showering before giving a quick bye to Wuifan and running out.

I get to the bubble tea shop in quick time, but stay outside till I regain my breath.

When I am finally able to breathe properly, I walk inside seeing a somewhat big crowd and a familiar smile of Yoonmi behind the counter.

"Hey cutie." She says grinning. Despite my foul mood, I can't help but grin back. Over the last few months we became great friends. We couldn't hang out much away from work because of my tight schedule, but whenever we had a break or when the shop was empty, we would spend the time talking and joking around.

"Hey yourself." I reply and go to the back room to put my uniform on.

"Does anyone need to be served?" I ask walking back towards her.

"Nope, there hasn't been anyone new in ten minutes now."

"Was there a huge crowd today?"

"The same as always. There were a bit more people in the morning than usual, but everything else was normal."

"Well that's good."

"Soooooo are you gonna tell me what's wrong?"

"There is nothing wrong." I try to lie but Yoonmi just gives me the don't you even dare lie to me look and I sigh.

"How do you always know?"

"Because I am all-knowing and awesome. Now spill it."

"Sehun got chosen to be in the SNSD music video."

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"It is. It is great actually."

"Then why are you down?"

"He has to train separately. And a group is gonna be chosen for debut by the end of the week."

"And you are panicking that the kid will debut and you won't." She said that as a statement.

"Sometimes I think that you can read people's minds."

"Who knows?" She says with a laugh. "But anyway, you really shouldn't panic over this. I am sure everything will turn out just fine."

"How are you so sure about this?"

"I am all-knowing, remember?"

"Okay okay all-knowing, now are you gonna serve those three guys?"

"Three guys? Where?"

"Over there by the window and I am gonna take that as a yes." She sticks her tongue at me before literally bouncing over to the table. I chuckle at her antics.

Over the next two hours,the shop clears out, only a few people left.

"Well, I think I am gonna go now." I look back from the counter and see her dressed in her normal clothes.

"I'm surprised you haven't left earlier. Your shift ended an hour ago."

"I had nothing better to do so I decided to keep you company while you sulk."

I gape at her. "I do not sulk."

"Of course not. I am off. Have fun." Yoonmi gives me a quick hug and then leaves the shop.

After another two hours the shop has completely emptied and I lean on the counter completely and utterly bored.

It's ten already but I still have another two hours before I get to leave. I wonder what Sehun is doing. He hasn't sent me a message. He might be still in training. I hope it doesn't last for too long or he'll be exhausted. I unlock my phone to play a game.

I play it till eleven when the front door finally opens.

I put my phone away but when I look up I am surprised to see who it was that entered.

"Hi Luhan." Sehun says with a smile as he approaches, Jongin and the other two boys I haven't met properly yet, Chanyeol and Baekhyun following him.

"Hey. What are you guys doing here."

"We finished training a little while ago and I wanted to see how you were doing. And umm they decided to tag along."

"Woe they must have really tired you out."

"It was nothing, just a little practise." Jongin says with a cocky smirk.

"Nothing??" the tall boy, Chanyeol looks appalled at the statement. "That was not little practise, that was a lot of practise, a whole freaking lot."

I chuckle as he waves his hands around being all dramatic. He looks at me with a huge grin on his face before bowing.

"Sorry I haven't introduced myself, I'm Chanyeol."

"I'm Baekhyun." the shorter boy says with a bow as well.

I bow back to them before sending them smiles, real ones this time. Sehun's presence here managed to almost instantly cheer me up.

"I am Luhan. It is nice to meet you. Now would you like something to drink?"

"Naaaaah." Jongin is the one who answers. "We just walked Sehun here, we are gonna go now."  

"Are you sure?" I ask them with a frown.

"Yeah. We will see you two tomorrow." The three wave as they leave.

Sehun and I wave back. When they are gone, he turns to me with a grin on his face.

"I missed you." Sehun leans over the counter to give me a quick peck. I smile at this

"I missed you too. Do you want some tea?"

"Chocolate please."

"Go sit somewhere and I will bring it over."

I prepare his tea quickly and go over to sit across from him, placing his tea on the table. But Sehun doesn't look up from his search of something in his bag.

"What are you looking for?" I ask curious.

He says nothing, just places a bag on the table.

"What's that?"

"I thought you might be hungry and since I am feeling half dead I don't think I would have been able to make you something. So um I bought us sandwiches." Sehun finishes with a blush.

I stare at him stunned.

"You-you don't like it? I can go buy something else."

"No no it's fine. I just wasn't expecting this. Thank you Sehun." I give him a peck and take a sandwich to eat.

We spend the rest of my shift sitting at the table and talking about our days. Sehun tells me that the trainer was very demanding but that he got to learn a lot of new awesome moves and that he also managed to socialize more with the other three boys. I feel really proud of him for doing that and I make sure to tell him he did a great job.

Sehun reddens again at my words and gives me an almost inaudible thank you.

Soon it is twenty to midnight and deeming that no one else was going to arrive, I clean up with Sehun's help, even though I told him it wasn't needed. Once everything is in its place, I go change clothes and we are off towards our home.

As soon as we enter, Sehun walks over to the couch and crashes onto it. I grin at his cuteness.

"Sehun don't fall asleep on the couch, you'll catch a cold."

His response is muffled by the couch but I know that he refused to move.I crouch down next to the exhausted boy.

"Did you take a shower after practise?" A grunt yes.

"Are you gonna take one again?"

Two grunts no.

"Then you should go to sleep immediately."

Two grunts. Damn I was hoping for a yes.

"Come on Sehunnie, please. Come on baby, go to bed." Sehun suddenly sits up and practically runs out of the room. I laugh at his shyness caused by the nickname.

I take out sweaty clothes from both of our bags and take them to the laundry basket. Leaving the bags in their usual place beside the door to our room, I go inside.Sehun is already in bed, the sheets pulled over his head.

A smile pulls at my lips as I go to take a shower. I am done in less than ten minutes because I didn't want to fall asleep in it, and with my eyes closing every other minute, that was a real possibility.

Flicking off the lights, I join Sehun in the wonderful softness of our bed. My muscles relax and my eyes drift closed. Sehun moves next to me but I barely register as his arms surround me and pull me closer.

I hug the boy back enjoying the warmth and love flowing from him.