18

▸ Let's keep it a secret

 

Luhan P.O.V


 

I stare at Sehun with a blank expression. The alcohol must have taken a bigger effect on me than I thought if I started hearing things. But he just stares back at me expectantly.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“I dare you to kiss me Luhan.”

 

“Kiss you?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Kiss you.”

 

“Yeeeeees.” Sehun says in a suffering voice. Well sorry if it’s a little bit surprising to hear you asking to kiss you mister Sehun. And on top of that I am drunk. My brain almost can’t process stuff now. I wanted to refuse, because this is Sehun, my best friend, my roommate and something like this might ruin our friendship and I definitely don’t want that. I wanted to refuse but for some reason I find myself slowly moving closer to him until my face is just a breath’s away from his.

 

Everything around us seems to freeze and I can feel Sehun’s slightly ragged breath against my lips. I stare at his half closed eyes, neither of us daring to look away. Sehun’s tongue pokes out to wet his lips and my gazes snaps to it. I am entranced by the movement. When the tongue disappears I have a huge need to follow it. And I do just that. Before my brain can I even register the movement, my lips are pressed hard against Sehun’s.

 

Sehun doesn’t respond so I pull away but before I can move away far, I feel long slim fingers wrap into my hair and tug me back. I groan and comply to the tugging, pressing my lips back to Sehun’s and this time the boy responds. I take his lower lip into my mouth and nip it lightly. Sehun moans at this and I use the opportunity to slip my tongue into his mouth. The fingers in my hair clench and I groan again. Sehun’s tongue tentatively touches mine and I push back against it, massaging it, coaxing it into a passionate dance that I feel could last forever. Well more like till now, cuz I don’t think I can keep this up for much longer, the need for air growing fast.

 

I pull back panting and close my eyes, trying to save the feeling of Sehun’s lips against my own in my mind forever. When I can properly breathe again intent on continuing with the kissing but I find Sehun on his back and sleeping.

 

I give a startled laugh and lay down myself. I stare at his sleeping face trying to think about what just happened. My thoughts are too jumbled up and after a while I give up and close my eyes, quickly falling asleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I wake up with a horrible headache. I open my eyes but quickly close them again due to the bright light and the even bigger headache the stupid light causes. Stupid sunlight, stupid mornings, stupid headaches, stu- wait mornings?

 

I abruptly sit up causing my head to spin and a pang of pain. I grind my teeth in an attempt to ignore it and try to find my phone. When I can’t find it I turn to the still sleeping Sehun to ask if he has seen where it is.

 

And then memories of last night hit me. Oh crap. Oh crap. Why the hell did I do that. No no no no no no no no no, okay calm down Luhan, there is no need to panic. Yes there is need to panic you have ruined everything now good job. Okay I need to calm down.

 

I take deep breaths trying to calm down. It doesn’t do much, but at least it manages to calm me down enough so that I don’t feel like throwing up anymore.

 

I dare a quick glance at Sehun to check if he is still asleep, which he is. I get out of the bed, stumbling slightly and go to the bathroom, locking the door behind me.

 

I sit down on the cold tiles with my back against the wall and my knees drawn against my chest. I can’t believe I managed to mess everything up.

 

For quite some time now I’ve been avoiding Sehun. Whenever I am around him I start feeling weird and giddy and just nervous and I had no idea why. Well I didn’t have an idea till a couple of weeks ago. Now I have a pretty good idea. I just might maybe kind of have a crush on him.

 

Well this is bad. I have been trying to deny this for weeks now, crush these feelings into pieces but Sehun just had to go and ruin everything. Why did he even ask me to kiss him? Maybe he feels the same way?

 

God how much I wish that were true. But there is no way it is. Why would Sehun like someone like me that way? I am nothing special and I am a boy. There are a lot of girls that would gladly go on a date with him if he weren’t so dense. He doesn’t even notice some of the female trainees at SM ogle him. He is too dense and too innocent for his own good.

 

But again why would he do that? He is probably just ually frustrated. Or maybe he wants to date someone but doesn’t want to embarrass himself with not knowing how to kiss so he decided he would practise with me. Yeah that one seems like the most logical one. Or maybe he was just too drunk and confused me with a girl or someone else and  when he wakes up he’ll be really pissed off.

 

What should I do now? I don’t think I can stand him being angry with me, yelling at me to get away cuz he is disgusted. I won’t be able to handle the pain.

 

“Luhan?” I muffled voice comes through the door and I jump, not expecting it. I stay quiet as Sehun reaches the doorknob and tries to open the lock door. He tries it couple of more times before he knocks on the door.

 

“Luhan?” his voice sounds more panicked now. I don’t make a sound, closing my eyes tight. Don’t do this Sehun, don’t act to care for me if you are going to throw me away later.

 

“LUHAN!!!” Sehun starts yelling and the banging gets louder. I get up shakily going to the door because if this continues the boy will surely hurt himself. I unlock the door with a click and the banging stops. Sehun opens the door and I find myself in the boy’s arms.

 

“WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING IN HERE?” Sehun yells and I flinch because he is still hugging me, and having people yell in your ear is not fun.

 

Suddenly he pulls away, but his arms go to mine, holding him as if he is afraid I’ll run away. Don’t worry Sehun, I won’t run away but you will probably chase me away.

 

“Why didn’t you answer me? Why are you crying?” Sehun asks more quiet now but the panic is still notable in his voice.

 

Crying? I was crying? Oh just great.

 

“Oh umm it’s nothing I just have a huge headache and it umm it hurt so much I started to cry? It’s embarrassing.”

 

“It hurts? Do we have any painkillers?” Sehun moves away to the cabinet to check and I sigh in relief. “We don’t have any. I have quite a headache too, should I go find a pharmacy and buy some?”

 

“No, I’ll go ask grandma Haeun if she has some. You wash up and take a shower, it might help.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

‘Yeah.” I give him a smile but I can see that he isn’t really buying it. Before he can ask me something again, I rush out of the apartment towards grandma Haeun’s place.

 

I knock at her door and hear footsteps and a “COMING” yelled at me through the door.

 

When she opens it, she is surprised to see me. “Oh hello Luhan dear. What bring you here? Not that I am not happy to see you, I am, I just haven’t seen you in a while because of your busy schedule. Come in, come in.

 

I laugh at grandma’s rambling and step inside, closing the door behind me.

 

“Sit, sit, don’t just stand there. And why aren’t you wearing any shoes mister? Do you want to get sick?”

 

I rushed out of our apartment because I am too scared to face Sehun. “We don’t have any painkillers and we had a little bit of a drink last night so we have slight headaches. I was wondering if maybe you had some painkillers?”

 

She gives me a knowing smile before standing up from the chair opposite the couch where I was sitting. She comes back to the room quickly and hands me a bottle of painkillers.

 

“You two should be more careful you know.”

 

“We will.” I say giving her a grateful smile. “Thank you grandma Haeun. I’m gonna go and give this to Sehun.”

 

I hug her and she gives me a quick peck before I go back to our apartment.

 

“Sehun?”

 

“In the bedroom.”

 

I walk in to complete darkness and Sehun lying back in the bed.

 

“I thought I told you to take a shower.”

 

“I can’t, my head hurts when I move.”

 

I frown knowing exactly how that feels like. I take Sehun’s glass from the nightable and go to the bathroom to fill it up. Then I sit on the bed next to him.

 

“Come on, get up. I brought painkillers.”

 

He slowly drags himself up and takes the offered glass and pill.

 

“It should start working soon.” I say and get up to grab a glass of water for myself.

 

“Hmmm. Hey Luhan, can I ask you a question?”

 

I freeze and the feeling of wanting to throw up comes back. This is it.

 

“Y-yes?” I ask not daring to turn around and look at him.

 

“What happened last night?”

 

“I’m so sor- wait what?” I ask realising what he said. I turn around and see that he has a sheepish look on his face.

“Well umm I remember us drinking and everything up till I suggested that we play truth or dare. Then I drank some more and I can’t exactly remember what happened after that. Everything is just...blank.”

 

“Oh.” I am surprised at his words. I should feel relieved and happy that he forgot, that he has no memory of our kiss and that he won’t be angry with me. I should feel that.


But then why is it that feel like crying?