26

▸ Let's keep it a secret

Luhan P.O.V
 

 

 

The training had lasted longer than ever. Or well it seemed like that to me because of the nervousness that's been plaguing me. I promised Sehun that I would give him a surprise, but in all honesty, I don't have one. I just told him I did to get him to go to training. That is how I find myself with one big problem.

 

I am still thinking about what I can get him as I enter the shop. Yoonmi is behind the counter looking utterly bored, which is no surprise considering I see about ten people sitting around the tables. But there is sure to be a bigger crowd later.  

As soon as she notices me, though, Yunmi stands up straight.

 

"Luhan!" I cringe at the loud yell and I can see that some of the guests do the same.

 

"You are here finally! I thought I was gonna die. Die Luhan!"

 

"Don't be overdramatic."

 

"I am not! I was gonna -"

 

"Die, yes I know." I say as I go change my clothes. When I am finished, she is back to looking bored out of her life.

 

"I take it it was slow today?" I ask her.

 

"No, it was full and a crowd all day. It's been quiet like this for the last twenty minutes."

 

"You thought you were gonna die because it's been slow for twenty minutes." I look at her incredulously and she just pouts and refuses to say a word.

 

"Okay, sorry, I am sorry you almost died."

 

"You aren't."

 

"I am. And if you died, I would have made you a wonderful funeral."

 

"You would? Awwwww that is so sweet of you."

 

"I know." She tries to hit me in the arm but I step away before she can.

 

"Putting your death aside, I need help."

 

"Help? With what?" I can see her perk up.

 

"Well, Sehun has been working really hard and this morning I kind of promised him that I will give him a surprise tonight. But I don't have a surprise." I can't exactly tell her that I am dating Sehun, even though I really trust Yoonmi. I really hate not being able to tell her, but I am too scared to tell anyone.

 

"Aaaah I see how that could be a problem. Do you have any idea about what you could do?" She asks.

"No. No idea. Absolutely none. Zero."

 

"Okay I get it, shut up. How about going out somewhere?"

 

"By the time I get off work it will be too late. We have training tomorrow morning."

 

"Hmmmmm, then I have no idea. It's really nice and warm out, so going out would have been perfect."

 

"It is great out. Wait, I think I've got an idea. I need to call grandma Haeun."

 

"Go to the back. I'll take care of any new customers."

"

Thank you." I say as I give her a hug. "You are the best Yoonmi."

 

"I know I am. Now go make that call before I change my mind." She says with a laugh.
 

In two minutes, I have all the information I need from grandma Haeun and with a quick goodbye and a promise that we will visit her this weekend, I go back to the counter, probably with a silly grin on my face.

 

"So?" Yoonmi looks at me expectantly, but I just grin even wider.
 

"You aren't gonna tell me? Luhan!" She puts her hands on her hips in a kind of threatening manner and she is glaring at me. I don’t know why she thinks I am scared of her, why would I be scared of her when she looks absolutely murderous, why would I be scared, nooo no - okay I am a little scared. Just a little.

 

“Tell me Luhan.” Okay a lot scared.

 

“I can’t Yoonmi, I don’t even know if this is a good surprise, it might completely and you are going to laugh at me and how embarrassing it sounds. If it works, I will tell you all about it tomorrow.”

“Okay fine. But I expect a full detailed retelling of it tomorrow. I'm not going home till I get it. I'll torture it out of you if I have to."

"Okay, okay, don't bring your dungeon tools out, I will tell you everything."

 

"Good. You know what will happen if you don't."

 

"I know. Shackles and whips and what not." She gives me a huge grin at that.

 

"I'm off now, I'll see you tomorrow." Yoonmi gives me a kiss on the cheek before changing clothes and leaving towards the door with a yelled "Everything, Luhan!"
 

But before she can open the door, Sehun comes in.

 

"Hello Sehun." Yoonmi says with a huge grin and Sehun looks suspiciously at her.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Goodbye Sehun."

 

"Goodbye?" Sehun stares at her as she leaves and then looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

 

"Don't even ask."

 

"I won't, I'm too scared by that grin to ask."

 

"How was training?"

 

"Exhaustiiing."

 

"I am sure you are. Why don't you go home and rest?"

 

"But I want to wait for you."

 

"You've been training a lot more than me, you need rest. And besides, I have to go pick up some groceries."

 

"Groceries? I thought we have everything."

 

"We need some cleaning supplies and grandma Haeun also asked me to pick up some stuff for her."

 

"Want me to go and get it while you work?"

 

"No, really, just go rest, I'll pick everything up."

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yes, I'm sure." I give him a smile, in hopes of assuring him and convincing him to leave so I can get all of

the things I need for his surprise.

 

"Okaaay, but can I have bubble tea first?"

 

"Of course dummy. Chocolate?

 

"Milk this time. Oh want me to take your training bag with me? I'll leave your clean clothes."

 

"I don't want to bother you with it, carrying both of our bags."

 

"It's not a bother and besides, you'll be carrying all the groceries back by yourself."

 

"Yeah but-"

 

"No discussion."

 

"Okay, you can take my bag."
 

Sehun walks around the counter to get it while I make his milk bubble tea.

 

"Luhan?" Sehun's voice calls from the back room.

 

"Yes?"

 

"I can't find it."

 

"It's in the same place as usual."

 

"It's not."

 

I sigh putting down his tea and joining him in the room. But as soon as I enter the room, two long hands pull me in and even before I can react, Sehun's lips are covering my own. The kiss is hurried and passionate and breathtaking and for a moment I completely forget about where I am.

 

But then I realise where we are and the fear washes over me like a cold shower. I push the eager boy away. Sehun tries to kiss me again but I move out of his way so he stumbles a little. I giggle at this but the hurt expression he is wearing stops me instantly.

 

"Sehun I'm sorry. It's just that there are people here and-"

 

“I know, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have done it. I know you are scared.”

 

“I’m sorry Sehun.”

“I told you it’s fine.” A small smile is forming on his face. “Anyways, I got your bag. Is the bubble tea done?”

“Yeah it’s on the counter. Now I really should get back out.”

“I’ll go now, I’ll drink bubble tea on my way home.”

“Sehun-” Whatever I am about to say is cut short when Sehun places a gentle kiss on my forehead.

“I’ll see you in a few hours. I love you.”

 

“I love you too.”

Sehun is gone in a matter of minutes, and soon after the crowd starts getting bigger.”

By the time I finally close down the shop at half past eleven, almost every muscle in my body is sore from the amount of work I had to do.

I stop by a store to pick up everything I need and hurry home. Grandma Haeun is standing in front of the building, enjoying in the fresh night air.

“Good evening Luhan.” She gives me a tight hug as she greets me.

“Good evening grandma Haeun. What are you doing outside this late?”

“I was waiting for you.”

“You needn’t have done that, I would have come over to your apartment to pick up the key.”

“Oh nonsense. It is warm so it is a pleasant evening. I am glad to be out. And before I forget”, she takes the mentioned key out of her pocket and hands it to me. “Just remember to lock it again when you leave.”

“I will, don’t worry. Thank you very much grandma Haeun.”

“You are welcome sweetheart, it is my pleasure. I hope you two have fun. but don’t forget to bring a jacket or a jumper, it is probably chily up there, you don’t want to get sick.”

“Okay. Thanks again. Are you gonna go back inside?”

 

“I think I am gonna take a walk down to the end of the street and back and then go inside.

 

“Do you need me to do anything or get you anything?”

“You are kind Luhan, but no, don’t worry. Just go on your way.”

I hug her again and enter the building. The TV is on in the apartment and Sehun is sprawled out on the couch dozing off. I was counting on him being tired enough to fall asleep as it gives me enough time to prepare the surprise. I go to the kitchen and set down the two bags I’ve been carrying.

I go through one of them, taking out the candles and the matches I had picked up. I place them on the table, before going to our room and to one of the closets, taking out two large blankets and a pillow. With blankets and pillow in hand, I place the candles and matches on them, two keys safely tucked into my pocket and the other bag hanging from my hand I leave the apartment. I lock the door behind me, just in case. even though I have to struggle to do so with the heap i my arms.

I slowly work my way upstairs, feeling the tiredness leave me, replaced with the excitement of knowing I get to give Sehun a surprise. I get to the top of the stairs soon and to the door that I need. Both it and key are a bit older, probably from very few people other than grandma Haeun going up here, as she told me. And she didn’t come up here as much as she used to, only once a week, sometimes less.

After a click of the key, I push the door and it opens with a creek. A gasp escapes me as I take in the sight.

The rooftop looks amazingly beautiful. Running on all four sides of the rooftop along the edges are pots of flowers and bushes and miniature trees and plants that I can’t recognize and now I realise why grandma had been so excited when I told her I wanted to come up here.

Even though she isn’t up here much, the plants all look really taking care of. But it really does look breathtaking and I can’t wait to show it to Sehun.

I place all of the stuff on the ground, before taking a blanket and spreading it out on the floor next to the wall. Then I place a pillow and the other blanket on it. as well as the bag, before I place the five candles I bought around us, but with a little distance both from us and the plants, I don’t want anything to catch on fire.

I don’t light them yet, though, because I still need to go get Sehun and I don’t want anything catching fire while I am gone.

Sehun is still dozing off when I get back to the apartment. I make my way to him and gently shake him awake. He blink into awareness and he looks around, not exactly sure where he is and I can’t help that I find him incredibly cute and adorable at the moment.

“Hey, you are back.” Sehun says as he sits up and rubs at his eyes.

“Yeah. Did you eat yet?”

 

“Yeah, I ate when I got back. I was starving. Did you?”

 

“Yeah I did, on the way home I bought a sandwich. But do you have some room for something sweet?”

“Um yeah, I guess.

“Good, come on.” I grab his hand and pull him up, then drag him towards the apartment door.

“Why are you in such a hurry? And where are we going anyway?”

“It’s late already.”

“Yeah?”

“Did you forget about the surprise?”

Sehun’s mouth forms an ‘o’ and I can see recognition dawn on him. I can’t help but chuckle at his forgetfulness. He looks at me when I do, and suddenly he is smirking.

“Sooooooo what am I getting as a surprise? Anything that might be in our bedroom? On our bed?”

“Don’t be stupid Sehun. Why would we be going outside if the surprise was in in our bedroom? It’s on the rooftop.”

“Rooftop? This building has one?” He stares at me shocked.

“Yes. Now come on.”

We make our way upstairs and Sehun is just behind me, practically bouncing up the stairs in excitement. He must really love surprises.

Once in front of the door, I turn around and Sehun knits his eyebrows in confusion.

“Close your eyes.” I order and he does so without reluctance. I open the door and take his hands into mine, walking backwards and slowly guiding him to the rooftop.

“Stay here for a moment. Don’t open your eyes.” I can see he wants to protest, but he obviously wants the surprise more as he stays quiet. I quickly light all of the candles and the place looks even more magical and serene than before.

“You can open your eyes now.”

Sehun does and his eyes go impossibly wide and his mouth is gaping like a fish.

“Lu..I-this is- wow.” Sehun seems to have lost his ability of speech and I feel proud of myself for being able to do that.

“I’ll take it that you like this place?”

“I love it. It is so- so- wow.”

“I think wow is the correct word for it. Let’s sit down.” I say and turn his attention to the blankets and pillow on the floor. I drop down onto the blanket and lean against the pillow. Sehun quickly follows and settles on my left side, as close to me as possible. He grabs the second blanket and covers us with it.

For a while we just sit in silence, simply enjoying each other’s company and the view. Sehun is the first to break it.

“Luhan, this is wonderful. Thank you for doing this.”

“It is nothing, really. Yoonmi actually mentioned something today that gave me the idea.”

“Well I’ll have to thank her then. Wait, today? Today at work? But you told me this morning you had a surprise.” Oh great, congratulations Luhan, and your big mouth.

“I admit I didn’t have a surprise this morning, but I wanted to give you one. I’ve been thinking all day about what I should do and when Yoonmi mentioned that it was nice outside I remembered of this. Are you mad at me?”

“Don’t be stupid Luhan.” It is his turn to mock me and when I look at him, he has a grin on his face. “You thought about this all day, and then went through the trouble of setting it up. Thank you for it.” Sehun head turns towards me and he leans in. The kiss is full of his gratefulness and love and I don’t think I will ever get over the happiness and love and all of the jumbled up emotions and stupid warrior butterflies in my stomach whenever I kiss him.

 

“You are welcome.” It is said almost breathlessly and Sehun grins again. “How about we have some chocolate muffins now?” I manage to say when I recover a bit.

“Is that what’s in the bag? Where did you get them?”

“They had some in the store and they looked so delicious I had to buy them.”

I grab the bag from my right side and put it in my lap. I take out two for now and hand one to Sehun.

I grab a bite and I was right because this muffin tastes heavenly.

“Oh wow.” Sehun seems to think the same.

“Sehun really, your vocabulary is astounding.”

“Let me see you try being eloquent when you get a wonderful surprise and chocolate muffins on top of that.” He huffs a bit.

“I think I’d do a lot better than you.”

“You do? I guess I’ll have to test it at some point.”

“You do that.” I say with a laugh and grab another cupcake from the bag. “I think I could live off these.” Sehun nods his agreement, not able to talk because his mouth is stuffed with another cupcake.

We spend a good hour on the rooftop, eating all of the six cupcakes I bought and talking about everything and anything. It is already almost two in the morning by the time we pick all of our stuff, lock the door and head back down. We get ready for bed quickly, knowing that we really need as much rest as possible.

It is when we are finally nestled in the bed that Sehun kisses me again, one of those pecks I adore and crave just as much as the other more passionate ones.

“Thank you Luhan.”

“You are welcome, Sehun, now stop saying thank you and get to sleep you brat.” His body shakes with quiet laughter and I can feel it when I hug him to my chest. He stays quiet for a while and just as I am to fall asleep, he pulls me back. Sehun really enjoys waiting till I am almost asleep to say something and waking up. He just enjoys torturing me, the damn brat.

“I love you Luhan.”

“ I love you too Sehun.”

This torture I can live with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I want to thank every single one of you for subscribing and most importantly for reading our story it really makes up happy~ We reached 100 subscribers and it’s hard to write how happy we are because to us it feels like we’ve just started this story a few days ago. Your support guys means a lot and we hope you will carry on reading and enjoying the adorable Hunhan feels with us. Thank you!! -Unnie Maya

 

Hey sweethearts!!! Wow I can’t believe our story reached more than 100 subscribers, you are all just so wonderful <3 And all of your comments, they make us so happy it's unbelievable.It feels amazing to write this story with Unnie-Maya and it’s even greater to know that you guys enjoy it. Thank you so much for your support <3 we love you! - Naoki-the-bunny