19

▸ Let's keep it a secret

Sehun P.O.V:

 

“Is there something wrong?” I asked Luhan. His face expression worried me. He looked upset but I have no idea why. I only asked him what happened last night. I really can’t get my mind to go back into what exactly has happened yesterday. As much as I want, and try to remember, my mind goes completely blank and it hurts when I try to think even more about it.

“Ahh, it’s nothing. It’s just the headache again. I think it’s better if we’ll have just this last day off, working and training in a state like this is no good.” Replied Luhan. He then turned around and left the bedroom without another word. I don’t understand. Everything was fine yesterday from what  I can remember. We had fun and I could finally see Luhan laugh and smile. And now suddenly he acts weird again. Well before he didn’t act really weird, he was just tired and that’s understandable but why is he like this now? I really thought he was having a good time with me yesterday. Wait, maybe it’s because I got him out from work, training and made him drink? Maybe he’s angry at me for being so childish and taking him out to do all these stuff which he didn’t really enjoy? God, I should have asked him first. But I really thought he liked what we did, he laughed and that’s important because he didn’t laugh for a long time since we started the training, I thought I did good as a friend to take him out and forget about work and stress for that one day. But maybe that wasn’t my real intention? I was more thinking about myself, I was sad that Luhan spends less time with me. I took him out just because I missed him. And that’s childish  yes. Is that why Luhan is angry at me? I feel like crap now. But all this still doesn’t explain his behaviour before, he locked himself in the bathroom and cried that is not okay, that’s not something Luhan would do and I don’t buy his cheap reason that he cried because of a ‘headache’. I realized how selfish I was for the whole time, I should act like a friend towards Luhan but instead I had been putting my feelings in the first place. I have to get rid of this feeling. Luhan won’t ever return my feelings back so it’s just a waste of time to think about it.

I was supposed to be his best friend. I have to start acting like it. What a friend would do in a situation like this? Go and talk to him. Yes. A friend would do that. I have to put my imaginary feelings to the side and go back to reality. Luhan’s upset and that’s what matters now, my role is to help him out. Leaving my thoughts behind I finally got out the bed and decided to go to the living room where Luhan is and talk to him. Just when I pulled the handle Luhan appeared in front of me out of sudden giving me a little heart attack.

We both looked at each other in shock for a moment before Luhan spoke.

“I-I umm, I wanted to talk to you.” He said a bit awkwardly. He didn’t look as upset as he did a while ago, maybe he thought everything through just as I did now.

“That was my plan as well” I tried to say it with a bit more optimism and playfulness  in my tone to cheer the tactless atmosphere around us but I failed, making us both feel even more embarrassed than we did before.

“Should we sit down maybe?” I suggested after a while of us two standing in the doorways just looking at each other like idiots. Luhan nodded and followed behind me as I sat on the bed.

When we both were sat down silence took over the room once again. I was the first one to decide to interrupt it.

“So.. emm, I want to say sorry” I started out

Luhan looked at me for a while with a puzzled look. “What for?” He asked.

“Well, for yesterday. I shouldn’t  have done that I’m sorry.”

Luhan’s eyes became wider and his mouth slightly opened.

“So you know?”

“Know what?” I asked begin even more confused than Luhan is.

“You know...about yesterday.” Said Luhan

I didn’t quite get what he meant but I guess he just can’t get his words right because of the hangover.

“Yes I know. And I’m sorry. I really shouldn’t do that, I was just so stupid and selfish, I was thinking about myself and I just realized that what I did has made you upset. I’m sorry I won’t do that ever again.” I said lowering my head down a bit. It was embarrassing to keep looking into Luhan’s eyes.

“No, don’t be sorry.. actually, if we are being honest right now.. I liked it. I think that it actually made me realize something.”

“Really? I thought you were upset this morning because of what I did” I looked up to meet his face this time if he really isn’t upset with me for taking him out yesterday and he even said he really liked it then I have nothing to worry about anymore. I felt a massive amount of relief wash over me.

“No, well yes, to be honest I was just a little bit sad about the fact you forgot about our kiss because… I don’t know why actually.  But it’s good that we talk this over and work things out I know you asked for it just because we were drunk”

“What?” My brain along with the blood swimming through my veins got stopped for a second.

K-kiss? What the hell is he talking about? Kiss? Like a kiss? Me and… him? Luhan and Me? Us? Kiss? I felt as if I got a strong slap on my face. I just couldn’t believe in what I heard. Because come on, Luhan didn’t just say the word kiss right? I asked him? What.

I think Luhan started to realize the misunderstanding in our conversation as well.

“Y-you don’t remember?” Luhan was now  abashed with what’s happening,so was I.

So it happened. It really did. We really did kiss but why can’t I remember a thing? I really can’t.

“No… I was talking about taking you out. I thought you were upset about that.”

Luhan didn’t say it out loud but his face said it. “Crap” was what he wanted to say and what he’s probably thinking as well.

Wait, does that mean he just said he liked it? He said he liked the kiss? He was talking about the kiss right? Suddenly from feeling confused I started to feel excited. Luhan said he liked it. I’m 99% sure I heard that right. He said he liked.our.kiss.

“We kissed?” I asked just to make sure that everything that I heard was real. And that my brain wasn’t playing tricks along with the hangover trying to make me hear things wrong.

If my eyes aren’t wrong as well I could see Luhan blush slightly.

“Ahh.. umm.. we we’re playing the truth or dare and then we drank some more and emm, well you asked me I mean you dared me to kiss you and well I did.”

It was an awkward situation yes but nevertheless I smiled. I smiled because one, even though I don’t remember it my lips touched Luhan’s and that’s a god damn miracle. And secondly, he liked it. He said it. He said he liked it. If my smile right now can’t express how happy I am then I don’t know what will. Even though it’s embarrassing to say, or even admit…

That it was my first kiss.