12

▸ Let's keep it a secret

Luhan P.O.V

 

The taxi stops after a while and I can see that we are still not in the street where our new home was. I am confused and by the look on Sehun’s face, so is he. The driver notices our distress and laughs slightly.

“That street is a no car zone, only pedestrians and cyclists can go there. It’s just around that corner so it won’t be a problem for you two to get there. If you want I could help you with the suitcases.”

“Oh no that’s fine,” I say quickly and hand the driver the money. “Thank you very much” I say before leaving the car. Sehun had already gotten out and taken out our suitcases from the trunk.

The taxi drives away and I go over to Sehun to pick up one of the suitcases. I try to take a second one as well but he picks it up and the other one before walking away towards home.

Grandma Haeun greets us at the entrance and she fusses over us, wondering if we had everything and if there was anything we needed, if she could make us some food or if we needed help with unpacking. We declined her offer politely and after promising that we would call her if we need anything, she finally let us go up to our flat.

We struggled slightly with carrying the suitcases up the stairs but luckily we were on the second floor.

When we finally reached the door, our door, I stare at the door feeling a sudden wave of fondness wash over me. It was strange how only three days ago I was back home in China and now I was moving into a new flat with a boy I met two days ago. It feels weird but a good weird.

"Sehun." The boy looks away from the door and stares at me.

"Let's go make ourselves comfortable in our new home." I say smiling brightly. He smiles and nods before unlocking the door and pulling the suitcases inside.

We spend the next two hours alternating between unpacking and questioning one another. In those two hours I had found out Sehun's favourite colour, purple (the colour of his blanket which I still believe is pink although Sehun won't accept it), that his favourite drink is bubble tea (which I could have guessed), that he loved dancing but never thought about dancing as work until Mr. Jung chased him down the street (I laughed so hard and his blush only amused me further) to tell him about the auditions. I also found out that his father was almost always angry and that both his mother and Sehun avoided him as much as they could. I gave him a brief hug after he told me that before we continued unpacking the last of our stuff.

When we were finally done, we crashed on the couch, feeling exhausted.

"I am deaaaaad." I whine with my eyes closed. I hear Sehun chuckle from beside me.

"I agree. But I am also kind of hungry. But I am still very tired. But the hunger is annoying. But being tired is even more annoying. But"

"Sehun! Make up your mind. Are you more tired or hungry?"

"Now that I think about it, I'm not that hungry."

I stare at him gaping. "Then why in the world did you say you were hungry?"

He just shrugs and I give out a huge sigh. "Okay fine, we are going to sleep."

"Okay. Let me just get a blanket." Sehun says before standing up.

"A blanket?" What? Why does he need an extra blanket? Does he get really cold at night?

"Yeah umm I - well I just thought I could um sleep on the couch?" Sehun says with a blush.

"What? No way Sehun. This thing is comfortable but it isn't a bed."

"I - I know but umm last night I had imposed on you and I don't want to do that again. I don't mind sleeping here, the couch is perfectly fine."

"Sehun -" I say trying to think of good arguments and reasons why he shouldn't sleep here but my mind draws a blank. I am too tired to even properly think.

"Please Luhan. I'll be fine here, I promise."

I give out a big sigh once more before admitting defeat. But just for tonight. Tomorrow I'll find a way to convince him not to sleep on the couch.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive!"

"Okay fine."

He gives me a huge grin before running into the bedroom and then coming back out with a blanket and a pillow.
~~~~~~~~~~~
After two hours I find myself in the big bed unable to sleep. I had liked having Sehun's warm body sleeping in the same bed that now I couldn't sleep. Suddenly it felt really lonely and without Sehun's presence to distract me, my thoughts raced back to my parents. They had yet to contact me, if they ever do. I just wish they could just call and straight out tell me if I they hated me and never wanted to see me again. That would be a whole lot easier than this waiting. I would at least be able to know where I stand with him and that little glimmer of hope that had my heart constrict in pain would finally disappear. Oh it will hurt, if they tell me they hate me, it will crush my heart. But I need to know. Not knowing is driving me insane.

My body shivers and I turn around to get closer to Sehun's warmth. But he isn't there of course. I sigh and turn on my back staring at the ceiling.

I don't know how much time passes when I hear noise from the outside and then the door opening.

I sit up quickly, scared of the thought that this might be a robber or worse a murderer.

"Luhan?" Sehun's voice is a whisper, unsure, hesitant.

"Yeah?"

"I - I just came because w-well I can't fall asleep."

I can't see his face in the dark but even without that I am sure he is blushing right now.

"I can't sleep either." I say lying back on the bed.

"Oh." Is all he says. A good minute he just stands there, not moving. I sit back up to look at him.

"What are you waiting for? Are you getting in or not?"

He doesn't have to be told twice. He rushes to the bed before quickly wiggling under the covers. Just like last time, it takes a while till he finds a comfortable position, but I don't mind. Sehun sleeping here is already making me feel a lot better. I manage to fall asleep in a matter of minutes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next morning we wake up pretty early. After finishing our morning routines, we find ourselves sitting at the table eating cereal that grandma Haeun has kindly left for us.

"We need to buy some groceries today."

Sehun nods after grabbing another spoonful.

"Should we go after breakfast?"

"Yeah I think that's best. But um could we go get some bubble tea first? Since we didn't yesterday."

"Sure, why not. But after getting groceries, I should probably check some places for a job."

"I could-"

"Sehun, no, we are not having this argument again." He smartly keeps his mouth shut and I smirk.

I stand up to go get dressed while Sehun finishes breakfast and then I sit on the couch busying myself with my phone till he is finally ready to leave.

Out new flat is only twenty minutes away from the SM building which is extremely great and the bubble tea shop was only five minutes away from that.

So after half an hour of casual walking we find ourselves in front of the bubble tea shop. Surprisingly it is mostly empty. It was only nine o'clock on a Sunday so I guess that most people decided to sleep in.

I go sit at the same table we occupied before while Sehun goes to order the drinks. I gaze out the window, my brain buzzing with happiness. When Sehun takes his time, I turn around and find him animatedly talking to the girl behind the counter. I briefly wonder if he knows her but I guess I'll find out as they are both making their way towards me.

"Hello." She says bowing politely and I stand up to do the same with a small smile on my face.

"Umm your friend here Se-Sehun?" she questions and now I know they haven't met before.

"He overheard me and my colleague talking about how we really needed help here since our other colleague just quit a couple of days ago. And he decided to convince me that you are perfect for the job. Do you have any experience making bubble tea?"

I look at her too stunned to speak until Sehun's elbow connects with my rib.

"Uh no, honestly I only tried the drink for the first time two days ago. I find it really tasty though and I have never drank something like it in China." I finish talking and then I remember.

"Oh um I don't know if this will be much help, but one of my friends owns a coffee shop and I used to fill in whenever one of his workers couldn't come or if there was a big crowd of customers."

"So you do have experience with a lot of demanding stressed out people?"

I laugh at her comment. "Yeah I certainly do."

"Great, you are hired!"

"I-but don't you think you have to talk to your manager or the owner or something?"

It was her turn to laugh. "I am the manager. Like I said, we have been seriously understaffed lately. And the owner trusts my choices so it won't be a problem there. Oh also Sehun told me that you are gonna have trainings so we will try and work your schedule around that."

"I just seriously?" my eyes are wide and I can't get over the shock. "Thank you so much." I pull her in a hug before remembering that this might not be proper behaviour.

"Sorry." I say with a sheepish smile.

"It's fine." She grins at me. "You have training tomorrow right? Well come after training and we will see how good you are."

"Thank you so so much!" I give her a deep bow.

"It's no problem. We need all the help we can get. Oh I am Yoonmi. Almost forgot to introduce myself."

I grin at her. "I am Luhan."

"Well it is a pleasure to meet you Luhan. Now how about I bring you your orders so you can celebrate."

I stare at her as she leaves, not quite believing this actually happened. I turn my gaze to a grinning Sehun and I can't believe he had just managed to get me a job.

"Sehun-" I try to say thank you but my throat choked up. I give up on trying to talk and give him a tight hug, saying my thank you through it.

He hugs me back and I feel my life slowly falling into place.