13

▸ Let's keep it a secret

Sehun P.O.V

 

I couldn’t help myself but smile when Luhan hugged me.

He looked so grateful but to be honest i haven’t done much. I wish I could help more.

I was just really lucky to find out that they are looking for someone to hire.

On one hand I’m happy that we will now be quite stable with money and I won’t worry too much about Luhan because this job is pretty enjoyable, but I still think it would help if I, myself would get a job. But I knew that bringing that up will be just pointless.

So I just was happy about Luhan’s happiness.

When I could finally catch a breath  after the tight hug Luhan gave me we sat down on the same spot where we did last time we were here.

As we waited for our order to come Luhan kept looking around and smiling.

Seeing him like that was most adorable  thing I’ve seen in a long time.

“Ahh it will be so much fun working here~” He said

“Are you sure you will be able to manage?” Even though I tried not to, the concerned look came by itself.

Luhan laughed lightly. “You’re really cute when you’re worried”

My eyes widen  at him with surprise for a moment but then I quickly avert my eyes and look down to hide my cheeks which I felt were going bright red.

“Don’t call me cute” I mumble still looking down.

Who’s calling who cute. He’s the older one with a face of a baby.

Luhan laughed at my reaction.

It’s not like I don’t like being called cute, it’s just the fact that he called me this way.

Luckily Luhan couldn’t continue with his teasing anymore once Yoonmi arrived with bubble tea.

She gave us a cheerful smile whilst  placing the drinks in front of us.

We both bowed our heads and thanked her again before there was only the two of us again.

“Ahh~ It looks great” Luhan exclaimed with enthusiasm.

I nodded with agreement and  without waiting  I took a long sip enjoying the ice cold apple flavour.

We drank in silence.  Tomorrow it’s our first training session.

And it would be a big lie if I’d say I’m not nervous about it. There will be a lot more people in there, it won’t be just me and Luhan this time. And that made me even more nervous. I wondered how many people got accepted. And how many of us will make it to debut…

My thoughts got interrupted by giggles and chatting. I turned around to see a group of high school girls who walked into the store. They went over to the counter to order some bubble tea.

A few of them turned around and looked over at the table me and Luhan were sitting. The giggled and whispered to each other. I looked at Luhan who had no interest in them, he probably didn’t even notice them as he was absorbed by the bubble tea.

The girls sat at the table right next to ours. Most of them had their eyes stuck on Luhan.

Luhan heard the giggling from the next table and he looked at them innocently before giving them a cute smile.

Some of them almost squeaked at his little movement. They covered their mouths laughing in happiness. Luhan, as if nothing, continued taking sips of the remaining drink.

I finished my drink before him so I just sat there a bit awkwardly looking at Luhan.

“So handsome~” I heard one of the girls say.

I laughed to myself quietly and Luhan looked at me confused.

“Haven’t even debut yet but already is popular” I laughed

“What are you saying?” He asked with a puzzled look.

I directed him with my eyes at the girls sat on the table next to us.

“You have got yourself some fangirls already” I said.

The feelings I have right now are really strange. I tried acting cool to tease Luhan but somehow these girls bothered me. Well, it’s not them. It’s just that they also like Luhan.

Okay that’s stupid Sehun. It’s not like I own him or something.

The girls hid and covered their faces blushing  when Luhan looked at them innocently.

He gave them another shy smile before turning back to me again.

It was his cheeks that turned red now. “They were probably looking at you” He said

I shook my head smiling but said nothing.

Luhan also now finished his drink so we both stood up making our way out from the store.

We yelled a ‘thank you’ and ‘see ya’ to Yoonmi before leaving. The teen girls eyes followed Luhan until they lost our sight.

We walked in silence until I interrupted the awkwardness which was surrounding us.

“I didn’t know you’re so popular with girls”

It was my time to .

“Because I’m not” he said quickly in defense

I laughed at him again.  “You’re really cute when you’re shy” I repeated his words to annoy him a little bit.

And I succeed once he hit my arm in return.

I closed the jealousy feeling really really deep inside me. It was stupid for me to be jealous over some girls who think Luhan is handsome. It’s not like they did something, and Luhan is handsome. So why would I go jealous like this. Other people  than me are  allowed to like Luhan as well. I have to get rid of this feeling. If I get jealous over stupid things like that what will I be like if Luhan debuts? Of course he’s going to have a load of girl fans and many people will love him.

If I don’t get rid of my feelings soon it will only get worse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We got back home and Luhan straight away made his way into the kitchen.

He complained that  he’s  hungry on our way home. I suggested that we can buy something but he insisted to go home.

I lied lazily on the couch watching Luhan running around the kitchen.  He kept taking some things out of the cupboard and then back in.

“Do you need some help?” I asked trying to hold my laughter as he struggled to open the meat packaging.

“No, just wait until I’m done” He said

There was no point in asking if he’s sure so I just continued watching him from the couch.

Luhan seemed to finally make up his mind about the stuff he needs and soon I could smell a palatable but unfamiliar scent and my stomach began growling.

“Are you done yet?”

“Soon” He replied and continued with his cooking.

I almost fell asleep waiting but the smell of food quickly woke me up as it was placed on the table right next to the couch I was lying on.

“Ta-dah~” Said Luhan presenting the plate in front of me.

I sat up to take a look at it. I haven’t seen it before but it looked nice. I could spot some vegetables, noodles and sauce but it all looked really  aesthetically.

“What is it?” I asked looking at it

Luhan sat on the couch next to me with his own plate in his hands.

“Taste it” He said smiling

I obey him and using the chopsticks I take some of it into my mouth.

I nod my head as I ate it.

“Do you like it?” asks Luhan

It took me a moment to chew it all and swallow.

“It’s great, what is it?”

Luhan smiled proudly before answering.

“Well, it hasn’t got a specific name. It’s a Chinese dish. My mum came up with it, and she used to cook it a lot. I wanted you to taste it”

I remembered how I use to cook a lot with my mum. We had always  spend the most time together in the kitchen. But it was fun. We talked a lot during cooking.

“What’s with that sorrowful face?” Asked Luhan

And I quickly shook my thoughts away.

“Ah sorry, This is really good you know” I said giving him a smile

He smiled back and we both ate this time. Even through the plate was quite small I quickly became full. But I ate everything to the last bit to reward Luhan for his hard work.

He seemed really pleased himself about how it tasted.

I persuaded Luhan to go and take a shower before me and I’ll wash the dishes.

It took me a while but he finally obeyed and went to the bathroom as I cleaned the mess in the kitchen. Once I was done I went to the bedroom. I wondered if it would be okay for me to ask  Luhan if I can sleep with him again. I tired falling asleep on my own last night but I just couldn’t.

I’ve only slept once with Luhan and just like that, I got use to having him on the other side of the bed. It was weird but I couldn’t help it. I’ve sat on the bed waiting for Luhan to come out from the bathroom. I looked around the room and smiled to myself. I still can’t believe it’s our home.

No one elses but ours. Just mine and Luhan’s. I had a place on my own which I could call a home. That feeling was just simply amazing. I suddenly felt a strange burst of happiness that was running from my body. I lied on the bed on my stomach continuing to smile.

I heard the door opening and I quickly sat up. I turned around to see Luhan coming inside the bedroom.

I felt a heat wave in my body and my heart began beating a bit faster than usually. Luhan walked into the bedroom shirtless, with only black sweatpants up to his knees. I looked away as soon as I saw him but it was so damn hard not to look at him. He walked over to the nightstand to get his phone. He was probably setting an alarm clock for tomorrow. I had to have a quick look.

He leaned his hand on  the nightstand while with the other one he did something in his phone.

His body was really skinny, yet he had very many muscles on his legs.

“Luhan?” I asked looking away this time to avoid the torture of looking at his body.

He didn’t answer. He placed his phone back where it was  and then he sat next to me.

“Sehun you’re sleeping here tonight” He said

I looked at his surprised. And I don’t know why but I felt really hot and nervous.

“W-what?” I managed to say

“It our home now. You have to start feeling comfortable here. You can’t sleep on the couch, it’s just silly. We both fit on the bed right? And I know you like this bed as much as I do, it’s really comfortable don’t deny it, it’s better than the couch. So don’t even argue with me. From now on you’ll be sleeping in the bed”

I really got lost for words at that point.

I just looked at Luhan and I was just  blinking as if he just talked to  me in some other language.

He suddenly started laughing out loud.  I was still sat frozen.

“Stop being so cute Sehun” He said and I got back to senses.

“Yah, I told you to stop calling me cute” I tried to make an angry face but I can guess it was a fail when Luhan laughed me off again.

“But you areeee~ Just look at how you’re trying to be cross at me, Oh Sehun,  You’re making me want to hug you” He said continuing to laugh.

I bet he has no idea what he’s doing to my heart right now. He said he wants to hug me.

And he wants me to sleep in the bed with him. Is this really happening?

Oh, if he just had any idea how much I wish to hug him right now.

He continued teasing me for a while. And he made me to agree to from now on sleep in the bed.

So I did.

We decided to go sleep early because of the training. So as soon as  we were both done with teasing and annoying each other  I went to take a shower and then we both settled in the bed. Our backs were facing each other and just at how much I’d wish to touch his bare body I kept my hands to myself.

“Goodnight” Said Luhan

“Goodnight” I replied.

It wasn’t the bed that made me so comfortable. It was having Luhan on the other side.

Of course I’m happy that he also wanted me to sleep in the bed. But our reasons are different.

He wanted me to sleep in the bed because he was just simply worried about me sleeping on the couch.

My reasons were quite different. I wouldn’t even mind where I’m sleeping , as long as I could feel Luhan’s warmth next to me. His warmth was what made me comfortable.

His nearness was what I needed.