01

▸ Let's keep it a secret

Sehun P.O.V:

 

It was a warm day in the middle of April.

I felt exceptionally good today because yesterday I finished my college entrance exam.

I wanted to finally be able to have fun begin out in town so I decided to celebrate my guardiation by eating some ddukbokki. I didn't get to make much friends during my school years. It's not because I'm not friendly, I'm just a really shy person and when it comes to making friends I don't think I will ever have enough courage to come up to someone and say hi. On the other hand no one tried making friendship with me because from what I heard my appearance is quite 'cold' and quiet. That's actually pretty accurate was of describing my look but I can't help it. So making friends is just a pointless never ending circle; I can't make friends because I'm too shy and people don't want to be friends with me because of my appearance.

Furthermore I don't think friends were necessary. I was too busy studying anyway and

I don't mind begin alone. I enjoy going out by myself to drink bubble tea or have something to eat.

So there I was, I enjoyed the afternoon sun while walking down the street eating ddukbokki.

I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder. I jumped a little from the sudden shock and turned around to find a middle aged man in a suit. His face looked really serious, he looked like one of those yakuza guys that you wouldn't want to mess with. He took a business card out of his suit pocket.

Is this man offering me some kind of mafia stuff that he wants to involve me with?

I admit I freaked out a bit, maybe a lot.

Before the man could speak I threw the box with ddukbokki inside onto the ground and with as much strength I had in my pretty long legs I ran straight ahead not daring to turn out.

I ran for so long I was almost out of breath. I stopped for a moment and I panted with my head low resting my arm on my hips. I freaked out again when I heard someone's heavy footsteps behind me.

This guy was running after me the whole time. 'Leave me alone!' I yelled before setting off to run again, even through I could barely keep up I ran as fast as my legs and breath let me just to get away from the stranger. I ran into some alley which turned out to be a dead end. This is no good. I realized I'm baked when the stranger appeared in front of me. He was also very tired from the good 20minutes of running after me but he didn't seem to give up.

'Yah kid, stop running away from me. I almost had an asthma attack, just listen to me okay?' he said reaching his hand towards me to calm me down. I was scared to say anything so I just listened to the guy continuing what he has to say. 

'I'm an agent okay? Do you know Sm entertainment? I'm from there. Take this card and if you're interested  come to the audition hm?'

 I couldn't get his words sorted out in my head. Sm entertainment? Of course I know it who doesn't.  But am I insane or did he just offered ma an audition there? I swallowed my salvia making the 'glup' noise. I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out. 

The stranger shoved the business card into my hand. "Let's hope your pretty face will be enough" he mumbled before walking away leaving me completely freezed in the same position I were in with the same blank expression on my face. 

I now started to realize how embarrassing this situation was. I just made an Sm agent run after me because I was too afraid to talk to him and I didn't even apologize.  God help me to dig a hole that I can crawl into. 

I looked at the card the man gave me. It said  the man's name which was Mr Jung. Below was he's email and contact number along with  Sm's building address. Wait, he want me to come to the audition to become a what? A singer? How can he possibly know that I can sing if he just  seen my face?

Well to be honest it's true that I like to sing. I do, I very often sing in the shower or in my bedroom along to the music playing from my ipod but I never thought of it as something serious, I'm not even that good if I were my mother wouldn't tell me to shut up every time I sing along to the radio in our car. Actually I don't even know what I want to do as a career. There's nothing  in particular  that I'm interested in.  I thought of helping my dad out with his repairing​ shop, but other than that I haven't thought much about my future. And begin a celebrity or a singer hadn't came into my mind even once. 

But what if I try? If they say no then it's not such a big deal anyway I'll just continue with my university, it's always worth giving a try right? 

Maybe they'll say yes and if so, I could sort out my life somehow and I'll earn some money as well. It's not such a bad idea after all. 

I was really upset when I realized the fact that I've dropped my food and now I'm absolutely broke to go and get another meal. So I'll just go back home. Maybe if I'll tell my mum about the man and the audition he offered me she'll be able to help me out. 

And with that in my mind I headed back home. On my way I kept wondering why has he choose me? What if all this is just a stupid prank and if I'll go to the audition they'll say no such a person as Mr Jung works here and all this was just a joke.  But why would that man make jokes on me if he doesn't even know me? But then again, he hadn't heard me singing or anything, and from what I know Sm artists are really talented. They all are either great dancers, singers, rappers , play instruments well and are extremely good looking.  I don't think I'm an owner of any of these charms, so then why me? 

'I'm home' I yelled as I walked inside the house taking my shoes off. I walked into the living room where my dad was sat reading a newspaper. 

Without a word and without taking his eyes off the newspaper he pointed at the kitchen door suggesting that this is where mum was. 

I took his direction and walked into the kitchen. Mum was there making dinner. 

'Ah Sehun honey~ Uncle called today to congratulate you for finishing off your exams' she said giving me bright smile. 

'What's  wrong sweetheart?' she said when I sat quietly in front of the table.  She wiped here hands and sat in front of me, ready to hear what I've got to say. I always found my mother more easy to talk to rather than my dad.Eventhrough people say a son and father should be close to each other me and my dad were different. So if I had any problems my mum was the first one that I would tell them to. 

'I've met someone today' I started off and her worried face suddenly changed into exciting. 'Is it possible that my little boy found a girl? Did you fell in love is that why you came to  speak to me? Do you know her name yet? Well the first thing you have to do before you ask her out is-'

'No mum.' I interrupted being almost at the edge of ripping my hair out because that's what she did every time. Whenever I try to say something she instantly suggest I've found a girlfriend.  'That's not it, just listen to me' she pouted a little begin disappointed that it's not a girl that I want to talk about.  'I've met someone today and he offered me his business card' I continued handing the little card over to my mum. 

She looked at it and then gasped when she read the name on it. 'Omo, Sehun isn't SM that company where all these famous singers that you listen to come from??" 

I nodded and her eyes widen even more. 'W-why did he gave this to you?' 

'I don't know, he just asked me to come to an audition' My mum started choking and I quickly ran to the sink to pour some water into the glass. 

I passed the glass over to her and she drank it all. She sighed before continuing to speak. 'Audition?  But why you?'

I shrugged. " I ask myself the same question. I don't know what to do mum. Do you think I should go there?'

She thought for a while and then replied:

'It's your choice Sehun, you're old enough to make decisions by yourself, after all it's you who has to pick the path you want to go with it. If it's to be an singer, me as a mother I'll  do my best to support you.'

'But, I don't even know if I'll be able to make it. What am I supposed to do at the audition? I don't even know what I'm good at.' 

'Well then, this is a good chance to find out isn't it?' she reached for my hand and it gently. 'I'm sure you'll be fine' 

Our conversation finished at this before dad started shouting if the dinner is ready yet.

I wasn't hungry so with my mum's words in my head I went into my bedroom and threw myself on the bed.

I lied on my back and I studied the business card. She's right I should try, if they say no then at least I'll know that begin a singer isn't my thing. I'm still concerned about what should I show at the audience. I sat up from the bed and went to my desk to turn the computer on. There was once a performance in my school and I was chosen to be the lead dancer for the show. I still remember the cheography and the song I danced to was pretty good as well. After a quick look through my computer playlist I finally found the song. Because It was getting late mum and dad will probably go sleep soon so I downloaded the song on my Ipod. I've made some space in my room by putting all the trash and clothes that were all around my floor into one place so that I'll have a decent area to practice the dance. Wearing the headphones I played the song and I didn't even have to think about the moves, as the song played it was like I knew the dance perfectly. Even through it was a quite long time ago since I've danced to this song my body moved by itself. And to be honest I would say I'm pretty good.

I've practiced the dance over and over again, replaying the same song every time. I've been dancing for almost 4 hours with just a 10 minutes break for a drink. If I won't go to sleep now I'll be too tired tomorrow to perform well.So I quickly took a cold shower and I jumped into my bed feeling relieved that my legs will finally get some rest after such a long day. I slowly fell asleep hoping that tomorrow will be a good day to me....


 


 

I woke up feeling that my arm was getting shaken by someone.

'Yah Sehun, isn't it today the audition that you're supposed to attend? It's past 1pm already' said my mum not giving up on letting me sleep. But hearing that it's past 1pm I sat up immediately. It said on the card that the audition starts from 12 o'clock till 3 which meant I have less than 2 hours to get ready and get to the SM building. 'Crap' I said before jumping out of my bed and running into the bathroom to get ready.

'Don't swear young man!' my mum shouted after me but I was already in the bathroom washing my face. I brushed my teeth, dressed and without eating breakfast I ran downstairs to put my shoes on. I was about to go out before my mum called my name. She ran to me and gave me a lunchbox. 'You'll be hungry later on.' She said and then she gave me a kiss on the forehead. 'Do your best and just be yourself okay?'

Without much time to spend on talking I nodded and gave her a quick hug before running towards the bus stop.

I have 40 minutes before the audition ends. I got on the bus that luckily stopped just when I came to the bus stop. To get to the SM building from my house by walk it takes up to 20 minutes so by a bus I hope to get there in 10 or less. Great. I said to myself when the bus stopped in a traffic in front of the street lights. I kept checking the time which now showed that it was 14.30. This is no good, why does all this happen to me right now? Why does everything has to up when something important is to happen. I got off the bus and decided I'll be better off to run instead of waiting in the traffic lights. I ran without stopping until I saw the big glass building with SM entertainment written on it. I looked at the time, 7 minutes before the audition closes. , I speeded up and I almost fell into the doors if not the fact that they open up automatically. I ran to the reception desk where a woman was sitting. She was talking on the phone and she didn't take any notice of me.

'Excuse me' I said but the woman didn't even look at me.

I repeated it more loudly and she looked at me annoyed but she moved the phone from her ear.

'Yes?' if not the fact that she was ignoring me I would say she's polite but by the way she was looking at me wasn't polite at all. ' I came for the audition, where do I have to go?' I said trying to be as respectful as possible.

'The audition ended darling'

'There's still 5 minutes left' I said showing her the time on her computer screen. 'Could you just please tell me which floor is it?' I nagged

She sighed and pointed at the elevator. 'It's the fifth floor'

I bowed and ran to get the elevator. When I got in it I just prayed that they will let me perform for at least those 3 minutes. The elevator stopped and I ran into the big dancing hall in front of me. I ran inside but no one was there. ', , ' I cursed to myself.

'Are you looking for someone?'

I turned around and my breath stopped for a while. In front of me was stood a boy who almost illustrated an angel. I haven't been in an relationship yet but I'm sure of my orientation, girls didn't attract me. And the boy who was just standing in front of me made my heart skip a beat. I never believed such a thing as love in the first sight but this boy was absolutely beautiful. He was a bit shorter than me. He had a baby face with a very smooth skin. His eyes were sparkling and his hair were in a light blonde color. I had to blink a few time because my eyes almost dried out. I realized I was staring at him with my jaw open so I quickly closed my mouth. I don't know why but I started to get really nervous, my hands started sweating and my stomach had this weird feeling. Butterflies was it? I'm not sure, but when I looked at the boy's eyes I felt like I seen a piece of heaven inside them.

'I-I am... I came for the audtion...'

I felt like face-palming myself. This was he stupidest thing to say ever. Of course I came here for the audtion what else could I come here for, I must have sounded like a coward to him right now. Oh god

The boy scratched the back of his head lightly.

'Umm... the audition just ended a while ago, sorry' he said bowing a little

I can't believe this boy is so polite and saying sorry if he didn't even do anything. The boy saw the little disappointment on my face and he quickly gave me a big smile.

'Hey, but I'm sure Mr Jung is still wandering about in the building, I can help you find him, maybe he'll agree to see your performance now'

'Ah, really?.. t-thank you..'

The boy laughed and he reached for my hand shaking it. His hand was so warm, and the way he smiled made me want to go crazy. I felt like my face was turning into a red tomato. Just looking into his eyes made me fall for him. The boy shook my hand not taking his gaze off me.

'I'm Luhan' he said

And that's when my whole life changed.