Nightmare

Time Lapse

The room, explained by Luhan to be a storage room after all, locked to keep all the things stacked away. She was too preoppcupied by pain to not believe him.

“And one, two, three, four...Start!” The moves came naturally to her, as though it speaks to her. Her limbs worked simultaneously to orchestra a dance move. And she had never felt so alive before. Staying at home doing nothing was so boring and not fruitful. Although Luhan told her to take it easy and not to stress herself my working, she refused. How could you work when you are doing your favourite thing to do? After all, it was not as though her memories gone any better.

Thus, she was back at the YG headquarter after 2 boring and monotonous months. Luckily Min Joon was still the head choreographer there, so he briefed her on some important details of the past 2 years, showed her the choreographies that she had done before and her sick leave. Hey, 3 months of leave seemed too much even for her.

“”Unnie!!! I am so glad you come back as healthy as ever. I kept praying for you, you know? I was so worried.” Hanmi, a trainee she was close to jumped on her for the nth time. She rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, I know. You said that like a gazillion times already. Though I am touched, I will be admitted again because of broken ribs. Urghhh, the impact of your hugs...”

“You know you love me, xoxo.” Hanmi winked at her and smile brightly, arms still circling Aeyoung’s shoulder. With Hanmi, she still remembered their first time meeting, but still unclear about the whole progress to BFF level. She was also her bridesmaid for the wedding and showed numerous pictures of them together. Well, mostly Hanmi’s accidental pictures of her but that was because she had always uncomfortable with being photographed.

She was still uncomfortable with the whole someone’s wife thing, but she was still adjusting. She used to be stressing on the fact, but after almost 3 months of headaches, she decided to just it up and let it go. It was just a couple of years, nothing much huh?

The only thing that bothered her was the series of nightmares that kept on haunting her. They were vivid, full of urgency that left her suffocating and rid her of sleep with tears streamed down her face, snot and all.

And unknown to her, the eyes that follow her around gritting their teeth at the sight of her.

Flashback

It was a long white hallway. There was nothing; the hallway was empty. Lots of doors lined up the wall, but none of them could be opened. Her legs kept on driving her down the hallway. Suddenly, someone called out for her. She could not place the voice, but it was so warm and so desperate at the same time. She desperately tried to find the source of the voice, but her legs collapsed beneath her and blood pooled around her. Never in her life have that she feared for the sight of blood, but seeing it now made her weak and helpless.

She gasped awake at her own silent scream. She was panting heavily, with tears and sweat, hands clutching to her heart. As if there was a gaping hole where her heart once resided.

“Babe, what happened?” The door opened and Luhan rushed in. Instantly she latched herself onto him, letting her frustration loose.

“He...Help me. My chest...it hurts so much. Please.” The tears came out like the dam and Luhan, unknowingly cried together with her. ‘I’m sorry,love’.