Coming back

Time Lapse

After scrubbing off the hospital from her skin, she dressed in a comfortable wear of pyjama pants and a shirt to trudged into the kitchen to find a rather........ amusing sight. Luhan in a frilly pink apron topped with a cute Hello Kitty chef hat. She could not help but laughed out loud at the sight.

“HAHAHAAHAHAHA....what....are....you...” She tried to get words out while laughing. Failed attempt though. Luhan smiled bitterly.

“I know you would appreciate my attempt at being a hopeless romantic but ended up being comedic one, but it is not good to laugh like that. Your brain needs the oxygen.” He pouted and got back to the sizzling pan in hand. Ae Young tried her best to stop, but not until a few teardrops escaped her eyes that she managed.

“Let me remind you here, darling,” she cringed at that; “You were the one who bought this custom made apron and apron chef for our ‘6 months’ anniversary. To mock my failed attempt at dinner, yet again at that time.” He switched the stove off as he instructed her to sit on the chair at the island table with a “Dinner is ready.”

“Well, I do admit that I have serious knack for the sense of humour.” She was still trying hard to suppress her chuckles though. Luhan made a sound close to a dying whale at that with a scrunched up face. ‘He is still cute though’.

“Yours truly, Specialito pasta. Your own recipe, by me.” Luhan presented the said spaghetti in front of her and place another for himself right across. On impulse, she reacted. “Oppa, I want my favourite platter” and step towards the cabinet while Luhan froze.

“Aegi-ah, you remember?”

“Owhh? Remember what?” Ae Young noticed his expression of awe. It made her forgot her attention just then.

“You called me oppa. And you remember your favourite plate. You always used this one,” he gestured towards his plate. “I just want to test you though.”

Remembering was not easy. As she digged her head, the familiar sting came back and she had to sit down. Luhan guide her back to her seat.

“I don’t know. It....just come to me.” She tried to blank her thoughts and breathe deeply.” It is easier, maybe. Just being me, whoever I might be for all the years. I mean, it is not that I changed that much, right?” She looked up only to be embraced by him.

“No, you did not. You are still my baby, though.” The moment may be romantic, but Ae Young was hungry and the alarm; her tummy, was growling. Luhan chuckles.

“Okay, let’s get you filled up.”

After dinner, she volunteered to do the dishes, but strongly opposed by Luhan, so in the end, both of them were side by side, doing the chore together. Ae Young might not be able to remember, but she felt as if it was routine, being next to him; though she did not voice the thoughts out loud. And being a carefree person with a lot of friends (as far as she could remember), she did not felt awkward. Just wary, though.

Like.... What accident actually happened to her? How did we meet each other? When did we get married? Why is she feeling like there is something that she missed, dearly?

“You want me to tour you around the house?” Luhan proposed as they finished the dishes.

“Yeah, of course. That would be nice. But don’t explain anything yet. I want to see if anything came back by themselves first.

“Okay, then. Since you already get used to the bedroom, I’ll show you the rest of the house.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

She felt at home almost instantly, to her own amusement. ‘Now I know the feelings of those people in drama. Losing their memory and all.’ The house felt homey enough, the ambiance suited her.

“That  is probably because you were the one that decorate the house, you know. You are my wife, after all.” Luhan replied when she voiced out her mind. And tried really hard at not to cringe at the wife word. So she just settled for a nod to reply him.

They went through the house; the 3 bedrooms, the mini gym/dance studio (“For you, of course. You’ll think you are crippled without dancing.” Luhan explained), the kitchen, the office/mini library. She followed mindlessly, trying to be as natural as ever to make sure that any memory will naturally come to her. Like in the master bedroom. But as her head started to hurt and Luhan asked her to just go to sleep, she did not realize how they skipped the tour for a room.

The room, explained by Luhan to be a storage room after all, locked to keep all the things stacked away. She believed him.

TBC....

 

A/N: I'm a bad author. Sorry!!! :(