Frantic

Time Lapse

He watched as she fell apart; shut herself more away from everything.  He watched as she bawled her eyes out once she awaken. He watched as she resorted to block people out of her mind, appearing lost and unfocused all the time. She wouldn’t eat, she wouldn’t acknowledge anyone. She was just... blank.

And he watched her in despair.

The first time she awaken, she was frantic.

“O...oppa, our baby...our baby. Is she’s gone? Oppa, please. Tell me. Please??? TELL ME!!!” She stared right down to him weakly, as she forced her hands to latch on him. She just needed to know.

He wished he could console her. He wished he could smile, smoothen down her hair and laugh at her worry; for is was not real. But he couldn’t. Because it was real. Their baby was gone 3 months ago.

FLASHBACK

It was supposed to be a normal day. Ae Young was supposed to be starting her temporary break from the company to focus on her pre-natal care. She was just over her first trimester and heavy workout and movements were big NO-NO. He was ecstatic for the prospect of having her all to himself all the time and pamper her with care and affection. It was their first child after all.

“Oppa, I’m going down to the company for a bit. The girls need some help in deciding their concept for comeback.” She made sure to put on the warmest jacket before going out. After promising him that she would be back in no later than 5 hours, she left.

Only to be found at the bottom of the emergency stairs of the company, surrounded by blood and unconscious. It was the start of hell for Luhan.

As he shook his head, she broke. She had clung to him desperately, wetting his shirt with tears. Lamenting their unborn child.

It was 3 days later, and she resorted to make a hermit out of herself. She wouldn’t respond to people, she wouldn’t eat. Even Min Joon could not gauge more reaction out of her than a glance. She shut her eyes tight. She wished she was not alive.

It was a big blow to her, to lose her child. For it was all she is longing for her whole life. For a child is a part of herself, that she knew she would love unconditionally.

She grew up in an orphanage since she could ever remember. There, she met Min Joon and they became sworn siblings. She stayed there until she was 18 years old, and then a 21 years old Min Joon took her to Seoul to join his dance crew.

They had always liked dancing, and it was a passion to her. A way of her to forget everything. A family, a chance and a dream. Everything that was absent in her.

She would always send away her friends to their adoptive families with smiles; only to cry when night came. She would start to question herself, and blamed herself that no one wanted her.

Rejection after rejection for adoption was too much to bear for her to grow up in. So she built a wall, a barrier for her to live strongly. She created her personality as she turned adult; introvert, cold, unapproachable.  

Until she met Luhan.