Learning

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Looking back at her, I held her gaze and smiled. “Not all who wander are lost. Wandering, for me, is a choice.”

 

Ji Hyo continued staring into my eyes. I swallowed nervously as she moved closer to me. She brushed my messy hair back from my eyes while I studied her. Her large, soulful brown eyes, so expressive and yet withholding. A brown sea of contradictions. My eyes followed the path down to her cute little nose, which wrinkled adorably every time she smiled, before finally coming to rest on her soft pink lips. They were slightly pouted and I yearned to kiss them. 

 

Her scent invaded my senses, blinding me. I felt like I had been transported back to Melbourne, standing in a field of lavender flowers, enjoying the last of a cool summer breeze under the setting sun with a refreshing glass of lemonade. The scent was supposed to be relaxing, but relaxed I was not. My heart pounded in my chest, sending blood coursing through my veins. I felt like the room had become unbearably hot. In a last ditch attempt to keep my unruly emotions in check, I balled my hands into a fist and bit down hard on the inside of my cheeks.

 

“Your eyes... They look really unique.” She remarked, moving closer.

 

Her comment threw me off, my eyes had always been a sore point for me. I hated them. “Yeah, I know... Mixed kid.” I mumbled self-consciously, trying to sound nonchalant as I scratched my head.

 

As a result of my European ancestry, I had amber eyes. They were a light brown in colour but the specks of orange and gold in them gave my eyes a coppery-golden tint. It was a rare eye colour, but on someone with a mixed parentage, it looked weird. Well that, and that I was just weird in general. “My eyes are what they call, amber? It runs in my family... On my father's side.” I explained. “Because of the strong golden yellowish colour they're also known as wolf eyes, similar to that seen in the eyes of wolves.” I added.

 

“You know you're kinda beautiful.” She whispered softly.

 

Seriously, woman! You've gotta stop that! There's only so much a poor lesbian can take.

 

Swallowing hard, I stared at her, at her soft lips. I wanted to kiss her, to know what she would taste like. I'd never felt this way before. We were so engaged that we failed to notice Troubles coming down from my upstairs bedroom. She brushed up against Ji Hyo, surprising the actress, before mewing pitifully to be fed. “Oh, you have a cat?!” Ji Hyo exclaimed before reaching down to pat the tabby. “What happened to her tail?” She asked while pointing at the stump of a tail.

 

With the magic between us broken, I was able to breathe normally again. I shrugged, “I think it's a genetic thing. Lots of cats in Singapore don't have long tails, and before you ask, no, I didn't cut her tail or anything.” I explained.

 

She glanced up at me, an amused expression on her face. “I never said you did.” Troubles mewed softly at Ji Hyo and gave the actress the slow blink. I watched how the area around Ji Hyo's eyes cr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter