Lessons

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hah! Pwned you noob!” I gloated, raising my hands in the air jubilantly and jeering loudly.

 

I was resting in front of my computer(by resting I meant I was skyping the boys and having a game of Left for Dead with them) and icing my injured leg. I was just entering a new game with the guys when I heard a knock on the door. “Either go away or let yourself in!” I growled, assuming it was Erin. I was sore from yesterday's events and reluctant to move from my chair. Plus I was in the middle of a game! Any self-respecting gamer should know, never disturb a gamer when he/she is in a middle of an intense life or death battle.

 

The knocking intensified. Informing the boys I would be exiting the game for a bit, I left. Pushing back my chair, I snarled as I stalked to the door, intent on giving Erin an earful. “This had better be good.” I grumbled, throwing open the door. Looking up, I saw that it was Ji Hyo, not Erin at my door. I stared stupidly at her.

 

“Erm is this a bad time?” She asked, looking sheepishly back at me. “I just thought I'd swing around and check up on you since you lived close by and I was free.” She added kindly.

 

Ruefully, I scratched my head and made way for her to enter. “Oh no, no... I'm not doing anything at all. I thought you were Erin.” I ended meekly. I heard the boys screaming on the speaker over Skype.

 

“REG! GET YOUR BACK HERE! We're getting creamed!”

 

I limped over to the computer. “Hey, guys. I'm sorry but I've got company. She's here to visit me. I've gotta go.” I informed.

 

“Hey, what happened to bros before hoes?!” They whined in protest before I cut off the call.

 

I turned back to Ji Hyo. My legs already sore, almost gave way when she flashed me a dazzling smile. I returned her smile with a small smile of my own. The actress held up a book, “I thought we could start our language exchange today since we're both free!” She exclaimed happily.

 

Shaking my head, I tried to wipe the idiotic grin off my face before she noticed. Clearing my throat, I offered her some water before taking a seat next to her on the couch. I took in her appearance. She was dressed simply in a white tee and jeans, whereas I was still shabbily dressed in a Indiana Jones Lucasfilm crew singlet and a pair of shorts. My usual sleeping attire in the heat of summer.

 

She studied me, taking in the singlet I currently had on. “Indiana Jones?” She asked. Her Korean-accented English sprinkled the phrase. I found it to be incredibly cute. “Yeah, I used to wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter