exobears

s u s h i /// oneshot request shop /// busy

Written for: exobears~

 

NOTE: I used Chen's and Lay's real name. Hope this is fine with you *^^*


There was just something about the mysterious guy that draws Crystal in. He was so much like one of those lead guys she was fond of writing about.

She first saw him when she decided that being cooped up in her home for a long time thinking up of another -  most probably - best seller book wasn't healthy and decided to go out and take a fresh air... that was the initial plan anyway. She found herself running back to her apartment with a new plot brewing in her mind minutes after she saw him; glasses perched high in his nose and face buried on a book.

A week after that incident, Crystal just finished handing in her manuscript to her editor and decided to visit that park again. Imagine her surprise when she saw him again feeding the doves with bread. She probably must have been standing there for a long time because someone poked her in the back and when she turned around she was face to face with a handsome guy.

"Are you by chance interested in applying for our shop?" The guy asked. Crystal blinked stupidly at him before looking beside him, to where the big and obvious 'Wanted: Waitress' sign was placed. She looked back at the handsome man who was now smiling expectantly at her.

"We also give out free food for our employees." the handsome man offered but this still didn't convince Crystal.

"I forgot to mention that the guy you were earlier staring at comes by here for his morning coffee every day." the handsome guy's smile turned mischievous that Crystal can't help but blush at, because it definitely hit bulls eye.

She would deny this later on but she definitely said yes in a heartbeat.

~o~

Turns out that the handsome guy's name was Kim Jongdae and he was the owner of the quaint little cafe Crystal will be working on. He mentioned that he was in needed of workers because most of them quitted for unknown reasons. Crystal always thought that she will regret agreeing to Jongdae but after her first day, she can't even imagine living a day without his ultimate truffle cake that he freaking made himself.

If Crystal's attention wasn't already caught by the park boy (The mysterious man's name for know until Crystal knows his real one) then she would have already fall for Jongdae. (Hey, he has a really nice smile and voice - god his voice - Crystal swore she has never heard someone sing like an angel before. Definitely novel material)

Speaking of Park Boy, Jongdae really wasn't lying when he said park boy always get's his morning coffee at the cafe. And this was also one of the perks of her accepting this job, the second one was that the bench that park boy always sat at was directionally proportional to the cafe, so Crystal can feast her eyes at park boy's lovely side image every day.

"Why don't you talk to him when he orders tomorrow?" Jongdae said one day when Crystal's stalking already lasted for two weeks. Crystal only glared at him from her spot at the counter and Jongdae only shrugged, going back to cleaning the glasses. She only stared at him before sighing sadly.

"I want to but I can't. I always get flustered whenever he is near and I'm sure I'll only make a fool out of myself before I can even look in his eyes." Crystal groaned. Jongdae only laughed as he abandoned the glasses and sat beside Crystal, her back soothingly.

"There, there, I know that is right but think about it, if you only stay here staring longingly at him while avoiding him while he is near won't really get you anywhere with this crush of yours. Not to mention if he did notice then he'll think you're some kind of lunatic or just someone plain hates him." Jongdae said and Crystal looked at him in alarm.

"He noticed!?" She almost hysterically said and Jongdae slapped his hand on , smiling apologetically at the costumers who looked at them in surprise before glaring back at her and hissed.

"Quite down! And I said 'did' didn't I? How would I know he noticed or not." He has a point. She looked back at him and smiled sheepishly. The good thing about Jongdae was that he has a week heart and forgives easily.

And that certainly applied now, Jongdae only spared her silent apology a glance before nodding and going back to cleaning the glasses.

Crystal thought back at what Jongdae said before staring blindly back at park boy, who now had his back to her and walking out of the park.

She made up her mind and decided to talk to him tomorrow when he gets his morning coffee.

~o~

Remember what she said yesterday? Well screw it all because the moment she saw park boy enter the shop, she panicked and by instincts ran to the kitchen spouting some lame excuse of the chef calling her - leaving Jongdae to once again tend to park boy.

After a few minutes and deeming the coast clear, she went out of the kitchen with a relieve sigh and attempted to go back to her spot at the counter - getting ready for a whole day of staring but Jongdae grabbed her arm before she could could reach the counter.

"Here you go! Some mysterious guy asked me to give this to you." Jongdae said while he handed Crystal a piece of paper before winking and leaving her there standing in shock.

"W-wha-?" Crystal sputtered with agape before closing it when Jongdae openly laughed at her confusion. She childishly glared at him before sticking her tongue and brought her attention back to the paper at hand. I was just an ordinary 4x4 but what made Crystal confused was the content of the letter.

I'm at table number 4.

- Zhang Yixing

Crystal blinked at the note before shrugging and scanning the cafe for the said table number. When she saw it, her heart almost dropped to her stomach. Park Boy was sitting there! To make things worst for her poor heart, he caught her eye and smiled - he freakin smiled - and it took Crystal her all not to melt into a puddle under that very smile.

"Hey, you shouldn't keep costumers waiting." Jongdae whispered at her. Crystal only stared at him horrified before looking back at park boy who still looking at her and gulped loudly, marching nervously towards him.

"How may I help you sir?" Crystal said in as much confidence she can muster. Park boy only smiled widely at her before handing her another paper.

I'm sorry about the inconvenience, I'm not confident speaking in Korean.

My name's Zhang Yixing.

Crystal smiled secretly, finally knowing park boy's name before looking back at him and smiled.

"Nice to meet you Zhang Yixing, Just call me Crystal. Yixing nodded before he took another paper and scribbled furiously at it.

I heard from Chen that you were always looking at me?

Crystal flushed at what was written before blinking at it in confusion. Who was Chen?

As if Yixing read her mind, he pointed at the name Chen before pointing towards Jongdae, who hissed and avoided eye contact, not willing to reveal he was eavesdropping.

Crystal narrowed her eyes at Jongdae and promised to give him a slow and painful death. Jongdae, seemingly noticing the heavy glare at him, shivered in fright and ran cowardly towards the kitchen.

Crystal was still busy thinking up of different ways to torture Jongdae that she didn't realize that Yixing was already seeking attention. She only noticed it when a hand was blocking her view.

"Hey... are you okay?" Yixing said in a very broken Korean and Crystal was this close to squealing and cooing at how adorable it sounds. She only managed to let out a soft 'hmm' while not breaking eye contact from him.

Yixing let out that adorable dimpled smile of his before picking up the piece of paper he wrote earlier. "Mind answering this?" he soke once again, taking Crystal's breath away but for different reasons.

, what was she going to answer? Crystal tried to open but nothing came out. She closed it before opening it again. She repeated this process for a few more times before Yixing decided enough is enough and chuckled softly.

"No matter how cute you look earlier but this is getting us nowhere." Yixing stated and Crystal's stomach dropped, already knowing she turned him off and sadly nodded, attempting in turning back and beating the out of Jongdae for putting her in this situation and for making her hope rise up. But before she could fully turn back, Yixing already held her arm and smiled once again.

"How about we start by having Coffee? My treat." Crystal stared at him in shock. Did she just hear that right? It looks like it's true because Yixing is still looking at her with that smile and a spark of hopefulness in his eyes that makes her head spin.

What was his question again?

Crystal gulped loudly before nodding at him and smiled widely. "My Shift ends after two hours."


Hope you liked this and sorry for the wait. Please tell me what you think and feel free to request again *^^*

 

Written by: mayazero