amusingmurdermachine

s u s h i /// oneshot request shop /// busy

Written for: amusingmurdermachine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 


I've been sick with the flu and I'm just returning to school after about 1 week and 3 days. Lets just say, that whole time of eating chicken noodle soup, staying in bed, blowing your nose nonstop...is simpally just not fun.

 

You know what ? Not being able to see your crush for 1 week and 3 days, and whats worse is that interferring Chanyeol. I hate Chanyeol, he is always sticking his nose into everyones buisness. I can't even talk to Daehyun.

 

Oops. Forgot to say, Daehyun is my crush, I'm absolutely in love with him. He is popular with his other friends Zelo, Himchan, Yongguk, Youngjae, and Jongup. Girls drool and walk behind the group all the time. They basically have their own fanclub.

 

Me? Am I one of the fangirling, drooling girls? Aha, no. I'm way to shy and to me, it looks strange to act this way because of a group of superly attractive guys. I mean, sure my heart melts and I do get my breath taken away but, that normal. Lets stop the chit-chat and get to school.

 


I throw on my green and white striped shirt with my black hoodie and classic dark wash skinny jeans, you know, casual enough but not too casual that I look like I don't care. I skip down the stairs to enter a kitchen with my humming mother. She didn't notice me until I dropped my phone on the ground.

 


"." I pick it up and examine if there are any cracks or scratches. A sigh of relief over comes me, nothing is wrong. 

 


"Soojung!" My mothers eyes widen from the coarse language I used.

 


"Sorry mom. Good morning." I say.

 


"Ah, good morning. Eat, eat, you need energy for the long day at school." My mom starts piling eggs, bacon and toast on my plate. I stuff my face with as much of the food I can. 

 


"Mom, I need to go now. I can't eat all of this." 

 


"Soojung, are you sure you are okay to go to school?" My mom ensures me.

 


"Yes mom. I'm okay." I answer with the typical, annoyed teenanger answer.

 


"Well, if you start feeling sick, just call home and your father will pick you up." My mom says as I start lacing my shoes. I stand up and grab my bag filled with those despessing school books. 

 


"Bye!" I quickly rush out the door and start my journey to school.

 

I think about who I will go meet first and if I will actually talk to Daehyun. But then I remember Chanyeol who will just throw himself into the conversation and will start being a complete to Daehyun.

 

In my school, there are two types of popular groups. The first would be Daehyun's group and well, they are the top rulers of the school, they are super sweet and obviously the girls are head-over-heels or them. Chanyeol would be in the second group, a . 

 


Once I arrive, I meet my best friend infront of the school.

 


"Soojung! Daehyun asked where you were last week. I think he misses you!" My best friend said.

 


My face lit up.

 


"I'm sure he didn't even notice I was away. You are just saying that." 

 


We walk into the school and I greet everyone I pass. I see nothing has really changed. The big group of girls are surrounding Daehyun and his posè.

 

Haji and I seperate ways because our lockers are on oppisite sides of the school.

 


I remind myself of my locker combination.  I open the locker and kneel down to pull my books out of my heavy backpack. I stuff backpack into the locker and slowly close my locker. I see a figure on the right side of me. 

 


"Where have you been? I missed talking to you in math class." Daehyun said resting his head on the lockers.

 


My heart stopped. How can Daehyun miss me? I can't even begin to explain how I feel.

 


"I had the flu. The bell is gonna ring in a few minutes. Lets go to class." I respond. 

 


On our way to class the same group of girls follow us. 

 


"Hey girls! Go to class right now and at lunch I'll let you watch me eat." 

 


The girls screamed and scattered away from us. 

 


"Sorry about that. Those girls are super creepy, I don't know what is wrong with them."

 

"It's okay. I'm-" I was interruped by a familiar voice, not one that I wanted to hear though.

 


"Soojung, heard you had the flu." It's Chanyeol. 

 


"Oh, its the cool guy, Daehyun." Chanyeol says acting like a snob.

 


"Yeah, it's me. Now I don't know if you noticed but I'm kinda talking to Soojung right now so, come back later and she might have some time to waste talking to you."

 


"Ahah funny, funny. Soojung, why waste your time and breath talking to Daehyun? He is just going to go back to his little fanclub later on and forget about you." Chanyeol says, with a smirk on his face.

 


"I need to go to class now. Bye Daehyun-" I say with a flirty smile. "Bye Chanyeol" I say whilst rolling my eyes.

 


The further I walk the more silent the two arguing boys get. 

 


I take my seat in the class filled with other students and my math teacher. I look around too see if Daehyun arrived yet, he hasn't. I'm getting worried. I'm the goody-goody and shy type of girl but I couldn't just sit here not knowing where Daehyun was. I got out of my seat and asked if I could go to the bathroom.

 

 


Once dismissed, I creeped into the halls and was on the search or Daehyun. I turned the corner and still, no one.

 

I walked all around the school until, out of the corner of my eye, I saw 2 moving figures outside the school. I looked closer and saw Daehyun hitting a defenseless boy lying on the ground. I looked to my right and to my left to see if anyone was around. I opened the doors and ran to the 2 fighing guys. 

 

 

 

 


"Hey! Stop!" I pushed Daehyun off of Chanyeol.

 


"Chanyeol, are you okay?!" I looked into Chanyeol's helpless eyes.

 


"This isn't like you! Why would you do this to him? I know he is a jerk but, still, come on Daehyun." Daehyun looked shocked that I was actually helping Chanyeol.

 


"Soojung! I'm sorry!" Daehyun shouted.

 


"Save your breath. I can't believe you hurt Chanyeol that bad."

 


I like Daehyun a lot but, I hate guys who hurt weak guys. Daehyun should know better. I like  Chanyeol but, only for his looks but, his personality . I just feel so bad for him, Daehyun literally knocked the lie out of him. Whatever Chanyeol did, it really pissed Daehyun off. 

 


Daehyun walked away full of shame. I took Chanyeol to the school nurse. When he was lying on the bed I could see all the cuts and bruises. He had a black eye, his lip was busted, and bruises ran all the way down both his arms. He layed there aching. 

 


"Soojung?" Chanyeol whimpered.

 


"Yeah?" I answered back. I was relieved that he finally woke up.

 


"Thanks for bringing me here. I know I'm pathetic and pitiful. I only do the stuff I do to Daehyun, because I like you." 
I couldn't help but blush. 

 


"Chanyeol, I need to go home for lunch. I'll call your mom to pick you up. Please rest." I left and started to go home. 

 


The lunch bell rang a few minutes ago so everyone is leaving their classes. I go to my locker to grab my house key. When I close my locker door, I see Daehyun surrounded by the usual group of girls. I roll my eyes and begin to walk to the door.
"Soojung!" Daehyun yells as he runs toward me.

 


I sigh and turn around.

 


"Hey, about what happened earlier today-"

 


"I'm hungry. I'm going home now. Bye" I disregard anything he is about to say and turn around to resume my walk home. Daehyun grabs my wrist to stop me from walking away.

 


"What?! Are you going to beat me up now too? Let go of me!" Steam pours out of my ears from anger. 

 


"Just listen to me." 

 


"Why? You think you can make yourself seem like the good guy? How is that possible? You beat the life out of Chanyeol, and you have the nerve to come to me and explain yourself? How pathetic!" I turn around for the last time and start to walk alone. 

 

"Soojung!"

 

I don't even bother to listen to his words. I'm stuck in the middle.

 

 

 *****************


*NEXT DAY*
 

 

I make my way to my locker and see Chanyeol with his completely different face. Why didn't he stay home? He must still be aching. I make my way over to Chanyeol.

 


"Are you okay?" I say.

 


"Why are you asking me? I'm pathetic. Forget my words from yesterday. Look, it's Daehyun, he is looking for you." Chanyeol says.

 


"I don't want to see that coward. Chanyeol, you are always so happy and fluffy when Daehyun isn't around. Don't be sad from this. I miss your smile to be honest."

 


"Soojung, how can I smile with my lip all busted up?" I looked at his lips and seen the swollen lip. Now that I think of it, his speech is slurred with a slight lisp. 

 


The simple joke made me giggle. Chanyeol walked me to my science class and then we went to his math class a few rooms down the hall. We planned to go get lunch together, so I can keep an eye on him and make sure he isn't hurting too much. 

 


I couldn't focus during class, I was too worried. I guess if I worry this much, I actually do like Chanyeol. I can't help myself. I'm mad at Daehyun because he knows how weak and defenseless Chanyeol is, but he just went ahead and beat him up. Plus, Daehyun won't miss me because he has all those girls in his fanclub. 

 

 

The bell rang for lunch after 3 classes. I met up with Chanyeol and we got our money and when we were just about to leave Chanyeol got a tap on his shoulder.

 


"I'm sorry." I turned around and saw Daehyun apologizing.

 


"It's cool bro." I saw Chanyeol clench his fist after saying his words.

 


I grabbed Chanyeol's fist before another fight broke out.

 


"We were just about to go for lunch, want to come?" Chanyeol asked. 

 


"No. I can't walk around here with my head held high anymore. I can't look you two in the eyes. Chanyeol, please take good care of Soojung. It's obvious you like her and so do I. Since I don't feel comfortable being around you two for now, make sure she is safe, that she eats enough vegetables and that she gets enough sleep at night. Soojung, take care of Chanyeol too. Chanyeol, I won't be in the picture anymore so you will need to be a jerk to someone else around here." Daehyun said this speech while staring at the ground.

 


"Don't speak like a fool. Soojung likes you. Why would she care for a jerk like me?" Chanyeol said.

 


"Chanyeol, just shut up. If Soojung didn't care about you, then why did she save you from the fight? Why is she so worried about you? Why is she having lunch with you? Soojung never felt this way towards me. Now scoot along and go eat." 
Chanyeol looks at me with his glowing, bruised face and slightly smiles. We follow Daehyun's words and go for lunch.

 

 


**********


*ONE WEEK LATER*

 

 

{FOLLOW UP}


I'm currently dating Chanyeol. Daehyun has become my best friend. Infact, all three of us are best friends. I didn't think Chanyeol and Daehyun could ever be friends again, but it happened.

 

Daehyun's other friends Zelo, Himchan, Yongguk, Youngjae, and Jongup don't really care for him anymore. His fangroup left him and is now following Zelo everywhere he goes. Daehyun told me that its nice to not have those crazy girls around him anymore, he can finally breath!

 

Chanyeol is total boyfriend material. He is always so happy and his happiness spreads around like a virus.

 

I'm thankful that I didn't have to choose between Chanyeol or Daehyun, because honestly, I could never make that decision.

 

I guess the lesson I learnt was no matter how mad you get at someone, don't let it ruin your friendship with them. If I stayed mad at Daehyun forever, I probably wouldn't be dating Chanyeol and I wouldn't have the best friend that every human on this earth needs.

 

Forgive and forget.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had writers block, so I'm sorry if this wasn't what you were expecting. Thank you for requesting and please come again!

Written by: wonderfulkris