ninakai

s u s h i /// oneshot request shop /// busy

Written For: ninakai

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-RRIIINNG RRRIIINNG-

 

"Nina! The phone is ringing!" My dad yelled.

 

"I'm coming!" I yell as I sprint down the stairs.

 

"Hello?" I say after bringing the phone to my ear.

 

"Nina? Come with me to the store. I need to buy something." My friend Maddie says.

 

"Can't you go yourself?" I ask.

 

"No. I look dumb whenever I go. Just come! I'll meet you infront of your house in 5 minutes."

 

"Ugh" I hang up the phone and go to the bathroom to comb my hair. I turn on the light and walk in front of the cloudy mirror. I actually enjoy it being cloudy because in the morning, I won't scare myself by seeing my surprisingly, 'beautiful' face. 

 

I scramble through my drawers to find my hairbrush. I pick out the hair and flick it in the garbage. While brushing through all the knots and tangles, my father calls me.

 

"Nina! Maddie is here."

 

"Oh ." I quickly fight through the knots and run downstairs.

 

"Damn, Nina. Nice hair." Maddie says with irony.

 

"Shut up and get out of my way." I push her aside and pick up my shoes.

 

"Hurry, my mom will get mad if we take long."

 

"Okay I'm done. Dad! I'm leaving!"  I yell to my dad who is making a sandwich.

 

 

*********

 

 

Maddie and I began to walk the streets of our city with a tiny population of 3,000 people. This city is unknown and home to elders. It's quiet and nothing with anticipaction happens here.

 

"Oh I wanted to show you this. Jai said he was ugly but I thought you would agree with me and say he is cute. " Maddie pulled out her phone and scrolled through her saved pictures.

 

We leaned in while walking and stared at the image. 

 

"I'm not sure, I think Jai is right." I lean in closer to take another look.

 

I payed attention to the guy in the picture and not to where I was walking. 

 

I was hit with shock when someone bumps into me. 

 

"Sorry!" "Sorry!" We both say at the same time.

 

"Oh, I'm Kyungsoo. I'm sorry."

 

"Ahh, I'm Nina, it's okay. I'm sorry too."

 

I looked at Kyungsoo's big eyes. His expression stayed shocked and wide-eyed. 

 

"Are you okay?"

 

"Uh, yes. This is Kai and Baekhyun. I'm sorry." Kyungoo apologized once again.

 

"Yes, and I'm sorry too. Come on Kyungsoo!" Kai pulled him away.

 

His gaze was addictive. I wanted to see him again. His eyes which sparkled in the sunlight made me melt. I can't forget his luxurious red hair. 

 

"Nina! Lets go! Stop admiring that wierdo. He can't even talk! And what is up with his expression?

 

"Don't say that! He is adorable. Kyungsoo, thats a name I won't forget."

 

"Shut up! I need to get 6 apples for pie." Maddie said.

 

We walk towards the produce section of the store. When we reach the stack of apples, Maddie grabs a clear plastic bag and begins to pick out 6 medium, red apples.

 

"Aren't you going to help?" Maddie asks.

 

I roll my eyes and pick up an apple and drop it into the bag. 

 

"Ew! That apple has brown spots! Pick another one!"

 

"I can't believe I'm getting scolded by you because of an apple." I giggle and resume carefully picking apples.

 

"Okay, thats enough." Maddie says as she begins to walk to cash out. 

 

 

*****************

-NEXT DAY-

 

 

"Yo, Nina."

 

"What?" I say to my obnoxious older brother.

 

"Go get me something to eat from the store. I can't wait for dad, I'm too hungry."

 

"You are so annoying."

 

"And you are stupid. Take the money from my wallet and go." My brother orders me.

 

I stop arguing and grab the $20 bill in his wallet. I slam his door and start to walk down the stairs to find my shoes.

 

I lace my shoes grab my keys. I open the door and yell upstairs to my brother.

 

"I'm going now!" Why do I bother? He is probably playing League of Legends right now. He can't hear me.

 

I turn around and lock the door.

 

I greet people I see since I know everyone in this city because its incredibly small.

 

I decide to walk through the park because its such a nice day. I listen to the birds singing and I watch the squirrels dance across the path.

 

"N-Nina!"

 

I jump from the suprise. I turn around and see the familiar eyes that I can't forget.

 

"Ah, Nina! A-Are you alone?"

 

"Yeah. Is Kai here with you?"

 

"D-Don't worry Kai i-isn't here. I'm sorry he p-pulled me away."

 

I'm so flabbergasted that I met Kyungsoo again. I see his expression has changed since the first time I met him. I forget about what my brother ordered me to do. I feel deeply into the alluring heart-shaped lips of his. 

 

"I-I- I will buy y-you lunch." Kyungsoo said with an awkward stutter.

 

"Ah thank you."

 


"Ha! What were the chances of me meeting you again?" Kyungsoo said, losing his stutter.

 

"Yeah, I'm happy we met again though." I say smiling.

 

His gleaming eyes are a sight to see!

 

 His social skills need improvement. He can't look me in the eyes and his stutter seems to go away and then come back. I need to start the conversation and keep it going. Does he always act this way or is it because of me? 

 

We arrive at the restaurant and begin to order our meals.

 

"Hello! Are you two ready to order?" Asks the waitress.

 

"Nina? Can you order for me?" Kyungsoo whispers to me.

 

"I'll have the caeser salad and he will have spaghetti." I tell the waitress.

 

"Alright! I'll be back in a couple of minutes with the food!"

 

"Thank you." 

 

I look to see Kyungsoo with his head down and face red.

 

"What's wrong?" I ask.

 

"I'm such a pity."

 

"Aww don't say that Kyungsoo!"

 

A few awkward moments pass, and the waitress arrives with 2 plate fulls of food. She drops it off and walks away to serve another table.

 

Kyungsoo's eyes widen when he slurps his noodles. It's quite cute. He looks like a little kid and I just want to squeeze his chubby cheeks. 

 

 

************
-NEXT DAY-

 

 

"Yeah but I wanted to ask you something." I continue the conversation with Maddie.

 

"Okay tell me."

 

"Remember Kyungsoo?"

 

"The awkward, weirdo? Yeah, I remember. So what?"

 

"Well, I met him again yesterday."

 

"No!"

 

"And he bought me lunch"

 

"Nina! You don't even know him!"

 

"Can you shut up and listen? Anyways, he wasn't talking and he couldn't even look me in the eye. He was being really awkward. Is it because of me?"

 

"Well, you know what they say. If you really like someone, the conversation should just flow. No effort should be put into it. Nina, I don't want to sound mean but I don't think he likes you."

 

"Okay, not what I wanted to hear but if thats what you think." I say with my expression drooping

 

 

***********
-LATER THAT DAY-

 

 

I'm walking to the park to meet Kyungsoo. My face is wilting with the memory of what Maddie told me. What if he really doesn't like me?

 

I reach the park and look around for Kyungoo. I see in the far distance, his bright red hair. 

 

"Kyungsoo!" I yell.

 

"Oh! N-Nina! Hi!" Kyungsoo stutters again.

 

We walk towards each other.

 

"Let's g-get ice-cream!" Kyungsoo offers.

 

"Sure." I smile.

 

We walk to the ice-cream parlor that is famous in my small city. The most excitement comes from going here for ice cream. 

 

"I'll have cotton candy and he will have vanilla."

 

I look at Kyungsoo.

 

"Your ice-cream choice is so basic. Ahaha." 

 

He awkwardly starts to laugh.

 

We receive the ice cream and we resume our walk in the park.

 

"Kyungsoo." I can't hold it in any longer. I need to know.

 

"Do you like me?"

 

"What? Of c-course I do!" Kyungsoo's eyes widen and the well-known facial expression is shown again.

 

"Well, you always stutter and you never look at me in the eyes."

 

"I'm s-shy. I don't want to act d-dumb or make the wrong move. Sorry if I made you -feel this way."

 

I guess I was worried for no reason.

 

"Nina, I really l-like you. I won't act weird or timid around you."

 

"Aww Kyungsoo, you are so cute!" 

 

"It's getting late. I'll take you home." 

 

For the first time, Kyungsoo looks me in the eye. His eyes which finally met mine, look much more perfect. It seems like as soon as our eyes met, I found my one, true love.

 

He leans in and slowly closes his eyes. I follow his lead and I start to pucker my lips.

 

His plump heart-shaped lips meet mine. It was magic. It just felt right. His gentle hands, delicatly rested on my cheek. I didn't know of my surroundings. Once we kissed, I felt like I was in a dream, a dream that would be forever ongoing.

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~              Thank you for requesting! Feel free to leave a comment! Please come again! 

 

Written By: wonderfulkris