Kahiji

s u s h i /// oneshot request shop /// busy

Written for : Kahija

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its 31th of December. Tonight is new year eve. Surely lots of people will be gather together and celebrates it. Some may celebrate with people and some choose to celebrate it with friends or lover. Maybe some choose to celebrate it alone.

Teresa is still in her working shift. She is a last year student in a high school. If there is no school or extra classes, Teresa will work part-time in a café.

“Teresa, tonight is new year eve. So, where will you celebrate? And with whom?” Kai, her friends who is also her classmates in school.

“I don’t know Kai. Maybe I’m gonna work until late night.” Answer Teresa.

“Well, how about you?” Ask Teresa back to Kai.

“Maybe I’ll celebrates with my other friends. Lay is coming too. You don’t wanna join us?” Reply Kai.

“I don’t know. We’ll see. You know Kai. I need extra money. So I might be working extra time today.” Teresa is unsure to join Kai or not. She’d love too joining Kai and the other celebrating the new year eve but as soon as she hear Lay name, she feels somehow uncomfortable. Lay is in love with Teresa. He had once confess to her but Teresa rejected. She doesn’t love him. However, Lay didn’t give up. He tries to get closer to her and as a start he tries to become Teresa friend.

“Teresa, I know you want to join us but its all about Lay, right?” Kai seems can read Teresa mind.

Teresa remains silent.

“Lay is kind person. He really honestly love you Teresa. But, its all up to you. Its your heart, your feeling. I just want you to know that.” Say Kai.

Teresa let out a heavy sigh.

“Thanks for telling me that Kai. But Kai, you know, I’m still waiting for the one. Like I’ve told you before. The one that makes me feels like flying when seeing him for the first time.” Teresa tries to change topic.

“You mean love at the first sight?” interrupt Kai.

“Yes! That’s it. Love at the first sight.” Say Teresa as she smile.

“You told me that thing like ages ago and still have you meet one? I don’t want to disappoint you but see what in front you.” Tell Kai.

“Again, thanks for the advice. But I do believe when times come I’ll meet one. Its all about fate and timing.” Teresa really do believe in fate.

“Whatever Teresa. I’ll just… support you.” Kai walks away from Teresa to continue his works.

Teresa giggle as Kai walks away. Love at the first sight. Teresa didn’t know that her dream and fate that she always talk will come to her that very new year eve.

********************

“Teresa! You sure don’t wanna join us?” Ask Kai again to make sure.

“I’m positively 100% sure.” Answer Teresa.

“So, what are you gonna do after this. Boss say he wants to close café tonight.” Tell Kai.

“I’ll figure out as I walk. You better hurry up. They might be waiting for you for a long time.” Reply Teresa.

“Okay. See you tomorrow. Take care. Just call me if something comes up or anything.” Say Kai before he leaves.

“Alright. Enjoy your celebration then. You too, take care. Bye” Teresa waves him goodbye.

They both walk separate way. Teresa isn’t planning to go home. Besides its too early and at home they would be no one and its kinda boring. Teresa lives alone. Her parents are in the village to look after their farm there.

Teresa makes her way to some street that still light up and full of people. Along the way she sees many couple walks and holding hands somehow makes Teresa jealous. She let out a heavy sigh. She really wants a partner but she wants a real partner that will be her first and last.

Teresa continues her step until somehow without she realize, she is stuck in a crowd of people. She is in the late night market and people are pack like a sardine tin. Teresa tries to find her way through. She’s can barely move. That place seems like too jam with people. Suddenly someone grab Teresa hand and pull her forward. Teresa can’t see the person face. All she can see is the back view of the person. That person is a man.

“Hey, excuse me! Let off my hands.” Teresa tries to call that man.

That man can not hear Teresa voice since its too noisy. The man keep walking as he holds Teresa hand. Teresa has no choice but to follow that man since that man holding her hand too tight. The man keep walking and Teresa just follow him until they reach the end road of the late night market. The man stop suddenly which make Teresa almost trip forward. Luckily Teresa make herself stabilize just in time.

“Jeogi…” Teresa wants to call that man but before she finish her word that man suddenly push her towards a wall of a shop.

Now Teresa is face to face with that man. Teresa eyes meet with that man eyes. They make an eye contact. Teresa feels somehow the time has stop. She feels like flying. Her heart beats like crazy. She freeze. That man also freeze.

“I..I’m sorry. I.. Sorry. Wrong person” The man stutter and left Teresa speechless.

Teresa still frozen on the wall. Then, her phone ring.

“Teresa?” Its Kai.

“Kai-ya. I think I’ve found the one.” Say Teresa but her mind still not at the place.

*****************

KRRIIINNNGGGG!!

The alarm clock ring. Immediately Teresa put it off. Teresa didn’t sleep the whole night. She stay awake till the morning. The scene last night keep playing and playing in her mind. Teresa would slowly smile alone. She feels like going insane.

“But.. who is that guy? What is his name?” Murmur Teresa at herself.

“I can’t be this way. I think better I go out for a walk and breath in some fresh air. The more I think about him I may become crazy.” Teresa jump off her bed and reach the thick jacket. Its still cold outside.

Teresa walks out her house and breath the morning air of new year. She walks slowly around her neighborhood.

“Ahh~ What a good day” Teresa inhale the morning air deeply. Just a few steps from her house then suddenly someone come out from nowhere and fall on the ground in front of her.

Teresa body stiffen. She looks around but there are no one nearby. Its still dawn. Teresa hesitantly approach the person. Slowly she reach out her hands to move the person body.

“Ex..excuse me. Are you okay?”  stutter Teresa.

“Mr… Ex..ecuse me. A..are you okay?” Again Teresa tries to call the person.

Teresa looks around. There is no one. Teresa don’t know what to do. She doesn’t want to left the person laying on the ground. Its cold right now. Teresa stand up and again looks around. She think this person must be with someone. Unfortunately she’s wrong. There’s no one. People around her neighborhood still sleeping since they’re partying the whole night of new year.

Teresa make her decision. She take the person arm and hung it around her shoulder. She carry the person to her house since its still near. The person is not that really heavy so Teresa doesn’t has difficulty carrying the person. Teresa put the person on the small living room in the house. Teresa sit beside the person catching her breath. She try to breath normally. A few minutes later, Teresa just realize that she doesn’t even know what is the person gender. Slowly, she turn the person body facing her.

“Oh my God.” Gasp Teresa. Her eyes widen. The feels from last night come back.

The person that she carry to her house is the man that she met last night. The person that Teresa thinks the one she’s been waiting all along. For a moment Teresa freeze. She is amaze to see the calm on the man face as he sleep. Suddenly the man move but his eyes are still shut. Teresa shock. Quickly she move farther from the man.

“Wa..water..” The man mumble.

“What?” Ask Teresa.

“Wa .. ter..” say the man again.

Immediately Teresa go to the kitchen and fetch him glass fill with water. Teresa give the glass to the man. The man try to wake up but seems he can’t. He’s weak. Teresa move close to him. She pull the man towards the wall near him and make him sit. Then she put the glass near his mouth to help his drink. After drinks about a quarter of water in the glass, put the glass beside her. Suddenly the man fall towards Teresa from his sitting position. Teresa can’t hold him any longer because of exhaustion. Accidently, his lip meet with Teresa lip. Teresa shock. Her eyes widen. Her heart beats faster than ever. Her body stiffen. The man slowly open his eyes. He also feels shock seeing a woman in  front him. He pull his head back. Teresa still stiffen. The man stares at Teresa. Teresa finally wakes up.

Teresa suddenly moves and walks quickly to her room. She close the door and locks it.

“Eotteohke..” say Teresa as she touch her lip.

*******************

야~문자왔어~

The ringtone from Teresa phone wakes her up. Teresa was fell asleep on the floor while she was thinking what to do next. As she wakes up, Teresa quickly go near her door and carefully open it. After open the door for a bit, Teresa peek through it.

“Weird. Where has he go?” mumble Teresa alone.

Teresa reach her phone and walk out to the living room. The man is not there anymore. All that left is the glass fill with water just like where Teresa had put it before.

“This man doesn’t know say thank you at all. He just go like that.” Talk Teresa to herself.

Teresa read the message from her phone.

[Teresa, annyeong~ J Its me Lay oppa. Happy New Year. Why you didn’t follow Kai last night and join us? –Lay]

[Annyeong oppa. Thanks for the wish. Didn’t Kai tell you why? –Teresa]

[Yes. He only told me that you’re want to spent the new year eve alone. It’ll be better if you was here with us last night –Lay]

[Mianhae oppa. I just not in the mood. – Teresa]

[Oh okay. Nevermind. I hope you can join us next time. It’ll be more fun when you’re here.  See you later –Lay]

[Bye. – Teresa]

Teresa reply the message short.

“Oh wait. See you later?” whisper Teresa to herself.

Teresa pick up the glass and start cleaning her house. Today, she need go to work like always. Teresa wash herself and dress up. Teresa wear her jacket before walks out the house. The sun shines bright but still people can feel the cold on their skin. Teresa wait at the bus stop and wait for the bus. While waiting, she put on her earphone to listen songs. Teresa didn’t realize someone is sitting beside her as she is busy picking song from her phone. As the song play Teresa starts to sing along with a low voice. She still thinks there is no one near her.  Teresa start to look around then when she turn on the left she freeze. Its that man. The man that she brought to home this morning. He is sitting there beside her just a few inches from her. Teresa seem can’t take off her eyes. She doesn’t even realize the bus has arrive.

The man suddenly turn to Teresa and say something but she can’t hear since she use earphone and the song play so loud. Teresa wakes up from her fantasy. As she in normal mind state, the bus already gone.

“Why you didn’t tell me the bus arrive?” say Teresa to the man.

“I already told you but you wearing those earphone. Its your own fault.” Reply the man calmly.

“Aish~” Teresa stares that man.

She take out her phone and start to call Kai.

“Yeoboseyo, Kai-ya. I’ll be late. Bye.” Teresa walks away from the bus stop. It seem she has to exercise in her first morning of new year. She decides to walk.

“Ya! Where are you going?” The man suddenly call her as he catch up to her.

“Why would you want to know? Its not your business.” Reply Teresa. She feel frustrated right now.

The man is really the one for Teresa but because of him she miss the bus. Teresa walks as fast as she could. The man keep catching her up.

“Why are you keep following me?” Teresa stop walking and so do the man.

“I just want to know you more. Hi, I’m Zelo. Nice to meet you” The man name Zelo start to introduce his name.

“I’m not in the mood right now. Stop following me.” Teresa keep walking. Then when Teresa pass by another bus stop, a bus arrive. Quickly she take that bus and leave Zelo behind.

After a while in the bus suddenly she just realize that she has talk to that man.

“Omo! What have I done? Eotteokhae.. What did I say to him just now? Omo.. Omo..” Teresa now feels really embarrass.

A few minutes later she arrive at the café.

“Ya~ Why you late today?” Greet Kai as Teresa arrive.

“I miss the bus.” Reply Teresa short.

“Teresa, tell me what happen last night. The one that you told me last night?” Kai pull Teresa to the side.

As Kai say that, Teresa suddenly remember the kiss this morning with that guy and the scene after misses the bus.

“Did you know what is his name?” Continue Kai asking.

When Kai ask about that guy name, Teresa struggle to remember what is the guy name.

“Ze… Ze..Zel..Zelo.. Yes.. Zelo!” There’s a smile on Teresa.

“Waa.. daebak. You even know his name. You’ve talk to him? Did you spend the night together last night?” Kai keep asking.

“Ya! Go continue your work. Boss might scold us if we continue chatting like this. Go now !” Teresa push Kai.

“Okay, okay.. Arasseo~” Kai walks away from Teresa and continue his work just now that incomplete.

Teresa also starts to work.

******************

Night has come and also Teresa shift has finish.

“Bye Kai~” wave Teresa goodbye and Kai wave back to her. Teresa walks and stand to the bus stop and wait for the bus. When she sit down at the bus stop a man also sit down beside her. Teresa turn to side. Its Zelo! Zelo also turn to face Teresa.

“Hey, we meet again!” Greet Zelo.

Teresa keep silence. She suddenly become shy. The scene at her house and at the bus stop reminisce.

“You haven’t tell me your name.” say Zelo.

Teresa remain silent. She is blushing. She lower her head.

“Hello, are you still here?” Zelo try to talk to her. But Teresa is so shy. Her face become redder.

Zelo put his head facing Teresa. He know face to face with Teresa but his eyes looking elsewhere.

Teresa realize that and looks Zelo eyes direction.

“Ya! Where you looking at!” Teresa pull her jacket aand cross her arm on her chest.

“I’m just looking at your name tag. So, your name is Teresa.” Zelo pull back his head.

Teresa become more embarrass. She is thinking nonsense just now.

Luckily the bus arrive. Immediately Teresa stands up and walk but Zelo quick enough to grab his hand. Teresa feel shock and turns around.

“I hope we can meet again Teresa.” Say Zelo as he smile.

************************

Three days have past since the day she met with Zelo. Teresa keep meeting Zelo on her way to work and on her way to go back home. Sometime Zelo will try to talk to her and there time Zelo will just keep quiet. While Teresa will answer a few question from Zelo. A very short answer. Today, Teresa given day off. So, she decide to rest at home. Suddenly her phone rings.

“Yeoboseyo?” Greet Teresa

“Hi Teresa. Its me Lay oppa.”

“Oh, Annyeong oppa. Why are you calling me?” Ask Teresa.

“Kai told me you got day off today. How about I take you go out with me. Just walking around at the Han river park.” Lay try to ask Teresa out.

“Kai!! Why he must tell Lay oppa!!” say Teresa silently herself.

“Ermm, er.. okay oppa. I’ll be there.” She doesn’t have any choice.

“Great. I’ll wait at the bus stop nearby your house. See you later.” Say Lay.

Teresa push the off call button. She let out a heavy sigh. For Teresa, Lay is just too nice for her. And all this time, she just assume Teresa as her brother. Not even more than that. She feel really sorry for rejecting Lay because she doesn’t like to hurt people feeling.

Teresa dress herself. Her plan to rest at house fail. Teresa walks to the bus stop. There’s no one. Lay not arrive yet. She continue makes her way to the bus stop. Not for a while, just like usual Zelo come. She sit beside Teresa. Before Zelo could greet her, Lay come. He sit on the other side of Teresa. Zelo keep silence.

“Hi Teresa. How long have you’ve been waiting? Sorry I’m late.” Say Lay as he arrive.

“Its okay, I just arrive.” Reply Teresa. Now she totally don’t know what to do. Zelo is on her right and Lay is on her left. She only pray that bus would arrive soon. She somehow wishing Zelo doesn’t think that Lay is her boyfriend or anything.

“So, why are you taking day off today?” Ask Lay suddenly.

“Ah~ I.. Er.. my boss just give me. I’ve been working non stop there.” Reply Teresa.

“What a hardworking girl you are.. I’m proud of you.” Say Lay.

Then situation become silent. Teresa really hope that Zelo will say something. After that she would say to Lay that she likes Zelo. Unfortunately, Teresa hope is just a hope. Zelo suddenly stands up and walks away. Teresa is speechless.

“How could he just walks away without saying nothing.” Talks Teresa to herself.

“Lets go Teresa.” Lay voice shock her. The bus already arrive.

As Teresa sit on the bus she see Zelo walking alone. She see Zelo face. His face is somehow sad mix with angry. Teresa needs to know why.

******************

“Thanks for today Teresa. I hope you enjoy today as I am.” Say Lay. Teresa just nod to Lay.

“See you soon then. Bye!” Lay walks away.

Teresa didn’t enjoy today. All that time when she was with Lay, Teresa just thought about Zelo. She wants to meet with Zelo as soon as possible. Teresa looks at the watch. Its still early. Teresa go to the convenient store nearby. Outside of the convenient store there are table and chair. Customer can sit there and eat. Teresa go in and buy drinks. Then she sit down outside. After a few sip from the can, she see Zelo passing by. Teresa hurriedly run to Zelo.

“Zelo! Wait! We need to talk !” Call Teresa shouting.

Zelo just walk and ignore Teresa. Teresa run faster. She did manage to catch up. Teresa use all her strength to pull Zelo arm. Zelo stop.

“Listen, Zelo. Lay oppa is just my friend.” Explain Teresa. Now she don’t know why is she explaining this to Zelo.

“Oh, So that guy name Lay.” Reply Zelo. He didn’t even look at Teresa.

“Yes. Lay oppa is just my friend. Nothing more than that. You must trust me Zelo. Please.” Now she’s begging.

Zelo remain silent then he start to talk. “ Why are you telling me this? I have no connection to you. Besides we..”

Before Zelo could finish his word Teresa interrupt.

“Because I like you. I like you. From the first time we’ve met I like you. I mean, I love you.” Confess Teresa.

Zelo keep quiet. So do Teresa. After a moment later, Zelo walks away leaving Teresa behind. Teresa eyes become watery. Her tears starts to fall. She doesn’t know why her heart feel so much hurt. She doesn’t know why she wants Zelo to trust her. She just can’t find the answer.

**********************

“Thank you and please come again.” Greet Teresa to the customer with her fake smile.

“Teresa, are you okay?” Kai come near her.

“I’m okay.” Teresa try to smile.

“No you’re not okay. You looks so pale.” Say Kai. He touch Teresa forehead.

“Teresa you’re sick. Go home. I’ll tell boss about this.” Say Kai. As he start to walk away Teresa stop him.

“No need Kai. I’m fine. It just fever. Don’t worry. I’ve taken my medicine so don’t worry.” Lie Teresa. She don’t want Kai to worry.

“Teresa! Don’t be so stubborn. Go home. Listen to me. I know you’re not okay. Don’t try to stop me. I’ll tell boss” Kai raise his voice.

Teresa can’t fight back if Kai has raise his voice like that. Teresa just follow. After get permission from the boss, Teresa make her way back to home. Kai wants to send her but Teresa insist. Kai give up. He tell he to take care and rest. Teresa just nod.

Teresa wait at the bus stop. She looks beside her. Since that day, Zelo hasn’t come like always at the bus stop. He just disappear.

“Badman Zelo. How could he disappear just like that after he come into my life.” Murmur Teresa alone.

The bus finally arrive. After a while, the bus reach at bus stop near Teresa house. Teresa get down. When she got down, she see Lay there. Waiting at the bus stop.

“Hey, Teresa.” Greet Lay.

Teresa didn’t reply him. She just walks away.

“You look not okay. Let me send you home.” Lay suddenly grab Teresa arm.

“Let me go oppa. I’m not in the mood to talk to you.” Say Teresa. She struggle to release her arm from Lay.

Lay still holding tight.

“Why you didn’t like me Teresa? Why you didn’t open your heart just a little for me? Give me chance.” Suddenly Lay talks about his feel.

“Oppa, I don’t want to talk about that right now. Let me go.” Teresa still struggling.

“can’t you understand her words? Let her go” Familiar voice hear.

“Zelo.” Call Teresa.

“Who are you?” Ask Lay.

“I’m her boyfriend. Don’t you dare to touch my girl.” Warn Zelo.

That is the last word from Zelo that Teresa hear before she faint there.

***************

Teresa tries to open her eyes. She still feel dizzy. She can still feel the pain from her headache. When she barely open her eyes, she try to recognize the place she is now. Its her house, in her bedroom. She wonder how she come here. Teresa touch her forehead. There’s a wet towel on her forehead. She feels weird. Slowly she try to sit. She turn to side, there’s a man. She know that man.

“Zelo.” Softly she talk. Zelo is sleeping by her side. Teresa feel touch. Her tears start to fall down. Quickly she cover . She doesn’t want to wake Zelo up because of her sobbing. Suddenly Zelo wakes up.

“You awake? How’d you feel now? Much better?” Ask Zelo.

Teresa didn’t answer him but hug him instead.

“You such a bad person Zelo! Why you do this to me? Who do you think you are suddenly come into my life and disappear just like that. Why now you act kind bringing me home and treat me? You don’t know how much I feel the pain from missing you.” say Teresa in her sobbing.

Zelo smile and hug Teresa back.

“I’m sorry Teresa. I know I’m such a jerk doing things on my own will. I’m sorry I’ve make you cry.” Apologize Zelo.

“I miss you too sweetheart.” Continue Zelo.

Teresa stop for a moment when she hear Zelo say the word ‘sweetheart’.

“I also want to apologize for being a coward. I want to tell you from the start when we’ve met on the new year eve but I couldn’t find the right word. When the first time I see you, I just… fall in love with you crazily. I love you Teresa. I love you.” Finally the word that Teresa long to hear come out from Zelo.

Zelo release his hand and pull Teresa to face him. He smile to her. Teresa smile back to him. Zelo put his palm on Teresa cheek and starts to wipe her tears. Teresa blush.

“Don’t act like its our first time. We’ve done it before.” Say Zelo. Teresa still clueless.

Suddenly Zelo press his lips onto Teresa lips. Teresa in shock state. Now she’s understand what Zelo mean. Teresa close her eyes and kiss him back. Teresa now feels so happy. She finally meets the one that she waits for so long. Her true love. All the time she wait paid off. She now have Zelo and Zelo also have her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the late. I hope you like this :D Happy reading and do come and request again. Thank you ~ :D

written by : eunhaxoxo