Chapter 13

Silencio Bella

Silencio Bella

Turnabout 01: Change


[Luhan’s Point of View]

                I think I did something awfully wrong this morning to have myself in this kind of situation. It’s not too bad, actually, but by the fact that the person who had been avoiding me this whole time called me up to have lunch together with him. I’m happy, like utterly happy by the fact of it, but it’s weird. Weird, because aren’t we like in a state of cold war? Why is he inviting me out for lunch all of a sudden? Didn’t he say that we’re nothing but strangers at all? Why is he making this move?

“Don’t be stupid.”

“Eh?” I looked up from my half-eaten strawberry cake to find Sehun wearing his poker face. He takes a bite from his chocolate marble, silently eating and when he had finally swallowed, he continued what he had to say.

“Don’t think that I’m making a move to mend our relationship together. That’s an unnecessary thought, by the way,” he replied calmly and I felt my blood boil but at the same time feel depressed by his words. I knew that he wouldn’t do something like that; it’s too unlike him at all. I merely sighed, too tired to fight back and I silently ate my cake, mood ruined for the day.

‘Why did I even bother thinking that he’ll fix it?’ I thought as I hang my head low. I shouldn’t even bother thinking about it. Ever since that night, the hope that I had clung into was completely shattered by the next day. He left me with a parting kiss and tears that looked like regret for making me suffer all this time. He’s a monster, I admit. A cruel monster who just played with me and my emotions, but I accepted it. It was painful for me to accept the fact that he completely abandoned me and treated me like I’m nothing, but I did in the end after that incident.

I wouldn’t have succumb to that painful decision, yet after that parting kiss and that pained look in his face; I knew I had to give in for one last time and I swallowed everything that I had and let myself fall into the abyss. I initially intended to decline the kind offer, but I’m a lovesick fool who can’t deny him at all. And besides, it’s just lunch and I feel really happy to have this simple lunch with him again after all these years. It’s a little happy feeling and I’m grateful for it despite the circumstances I am in.

I let out another sigh as I took another bite, almost finishing my cake when Sehun spoke up that made look at him in confusion. I think I didn’t hear him right.

“What?”

Sehun glanced at me and lets out a tired sigh, probably thinking that I wasn’t paying attention at all to him. “What I wanted to say was thank you for the bouquet the other day. The flowers were beautiful and somehow gave a fresh look in my office. Daehyun thought I got married because of it, but thank you, really. It’s been awhile since I visited Kyungsoo’s shop and the flowers somehow uplifted my mood,” he says with a little smile on his face and I felt my face heating up quickly than expected.

“So don’t carry such a disappointed look on your face, okay? It doesn’t suit you at all,” he adds then continues eating off. I stared at him in surprise, before a chuckle breaks out from my mouth and I find myself feeling warm. The words he says gives me comfort even if it’s a little, but I’m truly happy that he still cares and I’d like to think for myself that maybe, indeed, he still has a little love for me left in his heart even if it’s 1%. It was enough to uplift my mood and hearing him saying kind words after those biting remarks he gave earlier makes me think that we could fix this. That even if we don’t go back as lovers, we could be friends.

“Yeah, you’re welcome,” I replied back, fighting back the tears that threaten to fall anytime soon. He doesn’t say anything back and we returned to our peaceful lunch together.

‘It’s better like this than being strangers at all. I’ll accept it all just to be by your side once again.'

[End of Luhan's Point of View]

 

 

[Chanyeol’s Point of View]

“Chanyeol.” I glanced at the direction where I heard my name being called, frowning at the slightest ache in my head as my eyes desperately look for something that could be perceive but can’t.  Lucas was calling me, but I wonder what it could have been. I was in the living room reading a book in Braille when I heard him call, yet his presence isn’t in the room yet. Maybe he’s coming from the kitchen perhaps?

“Chanyeol?” he calls my name again and I wonder what he needs.

“Lucas? What is it?” I responded back and I heard footsteps coming along and before I realized it, Lucas was already beside me. I looked at the direction where I think he should be, my eyes widening as I realized that I haven’t noticed him at all. Lucas may have noticed my shock and clasped my hand with his.

“What’s wrong Yeol? Is it worsening?” he asks, panic clearly evident in his voice and I feel a stab of guilt in my heart for making him worry like this again. I could feel the tension in his hands as it slightly trembled and my head ached more than it should be. I tried to calm myself down, counting from one to ten and I felt the ache in my head eased out and my eyes darted to where Lucas should have been. Gently squeezing back the hand that was clasped over mine, I assured him that I was fine, yet after a moment of silence clearly showed that he was doubting my sort of-assurance to him and the edge of my lips may have twitched upward a little by the fact of it.

“Lucas,” I say his name softly and I hear him sigh in defeat, not wanting to push me to where I get uncomfortable and I appreciate his kindness. Holding his hands, feeling the slight tremors that he unconsciously gives out with a rather odd-cold temperature sweeping through his hands and looking at the black canvas in front of me, I knew that something was wrong.

“Do you have something troubling you, Lucas?” I ask quietly, not wanting to pressure him to answer, yet concerned of his well-being also. He seemed to be surprised when I felt his hands twitch from my sudden question and the impending silence that followed had made it clear that something is indeed wrong, though I kind of chuckled when he tried to deny it.

“N-no, it’s nothing,” he stammers and I find it cute of him and I could already imagine the blush that ran across his face out of obvious denial or by embarrassment that he knows that I wouldn’t buy it one way or another. I slipped my hand away from his hold and slowly reached out to where I imagined his face would be and my lips curled into a smile when my fingers touched his cheek and proceeded to caress his cheek as I quietly try to remember the face he wore.

“You know that you won’t fool me with that, right? Especially when you stammered like that, there’s clearly something wrong, am I right?” I grinned when he sighed, knowing that I won and patiently waited for him to tell me. The silence that followed made me uneasy because even though I had encountered this all the time, this time it was different. This was very wrong. My eyes searched at the black canvas, hoping to see what was wrong, but I can’t see. I can’t see. His hand left mine and found its way to my hand that had been caressing his cheek since awhile ago and squeezed it together with his other hand that held my hand that was free; I felt uneasy. Too uneasy that my heart picked up its pace, but not enough for me to have a panic attack.

“Yeol,” he calls my name affectionately, yet I could sense the tinge of sadness and guilt blended in it and my heart pricked in pain because of it. I could tell that he’s looking at me even with no evidence but because I trust him and knew him enough. I already know what he’s going to say. I already knew. How? Because I had a dream and I very much knew that it would happen sooner or later and that sooner or later would be very much now. Even though knowing what is to happen and tried to be brave and act that I knew nothing of what is to happen, my lips had terribly betrayed me by trembling when I tried to tell him that it’s okay.

He noticed of course and he squeezed my hands much tighter than before and I could pretty much imagine him closing his eyes for a moment to breathe before—

“I’m sorry, Yeol. I’m so sorry,” he apologizes and I feel something inside me break, but I’m already numb…shouldn’t I be? Yet, even though he apologizes, I didn’t say anything in return and just continue to feel his hands tremble and feel his words break by every passing moment that passed by.

“Let’s break up,” he says in a rather attempt to sound stable, but eventually his voice cracks and he breaks. I could feel something painful, something shattering again, yet as I look at someone whom I can’t see at all, yet wished to perceive, my brain tries to numb the pain, but all is futile as I was reminded of the man whom I love so much and is crying before me over the fact that he’s breaking up with me.

“I’m so sorry.” And he continues to apologize and apologize one after another and I weakly smiled as I quietly slipped my hands away from his hold and envelope him into a hug as I try not break down as much as he is.

“I know.” It’s the truth and I’m not even angry at him.

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” I love you and I know enough that you have a reason for it.

“I know. I know. It’s okay Lucas.” I kept running away from the past that I left 3 years ago and I know that I should have faced it head on earlier.

“I’m really sorry. I love you Chanyeol, but I’m so sorry. I’m really sorry.” You don’t have to apologize. I pretty much know that this would happen anyways. Even though I had prepared for this day, the pain does much damage than it could be than I thought it would affect me. It really hurts, but I need to start fixing my mistakes, shouldn’t I Lucas?

“I’m so sorry Yeol.”

I’m sorry too, Lucas. I didn’t mean to hurt you this way. I’m really sorry.

But I need to go back to the past and fix the things that I had left 3 years ago.

Byun Baekhyun.

[End of Chanyeol’s POV]

 

 

There must be something wrong, Jongin tells himself. The very idea of something is wrong pricked his heart and he doesn’t know why. He’s at the flower shop, tending to it until Kyungsoo returns from the café after his half day shift from it.  The room was filled with different flowers just as much as he first time he went in. It was absolutely breathtaking and Jongin relives the memories he had in the shop. Yet even if he relives those memories, his heart becomes heavier and heavier with every memory he has with Kyungsoo and he wonders why.

Though he had tried to blame it with the issue with Chanyeol, but he knows he’s being childish with it; in and out when you look at it. After learning the truth from Sehun, he still refused to meet up with the older male and made excuses that what Chanyeol did is unforgivable. Kris had a talk with him after that, yet he still refused to meet the older and Kris had basically given up trying to make them reconcile, but leaves a warning that if he had prolonged this useless cold war of theirs— it might be too late for repentance. Taking that warning to heart, he tells himself that he’ll reconcile with him when the time is right and that time isn’t right now.

Sighing heavily, he lets his forehead bang on the wooden counter and in return, he hisses at the lingering ache that left its mark on his burning red forehead.  He sighs once again, feeling glummer than ever and he still feels the lingering ache in his heart, causing him to scowl without meaning to. He wonders why he feels this way lately whenever he thinks about Kyungsoo.  They’re relationship is normal. They’ve been friends since the first time they met and still stood strong even after 3 years that had passed. The issue with Taemin had gone long past and Taemin had found his true love and he had moved on from him anyways. Though he’s still waiting for the one; he wonders if he’ll ever find true love just like Taemin had.

He had considered his relationship with Kyungsoo but he can’t imagine both of them being together since he had treated the latter as an older brother and his friend, sometimes like a mom, yet the point is—he has no romantic feeling for the older male. He considered the possibility that the older male like him, but when he recalls their meetings for the whole three years; he’s not too sure because the way Kyungsoo had acted around him was like a motherly love vibe and a hyung who takes care of his dongsaeng. That’s merely all he could feel from Kyungsoo, yet why does his heart ache whenever he thinks about Kyungsoo for the past few weeks now?

Surely their meetings for the past few weeks were the same just like back then and Jongin’s not too sure what have changed between them at all. Though now when he thinks about it, Kyungsoo does seem weird for the past few weeks.  It feels like the older male had been avoiding him most of the time. Not really ‘avoiding’ but rather the time they have together had been becoming lesser and lesser as days passed. From what he remembered, the last time they met up was Thursday and they only spent 2 hours together before Kyungsoo had decided to check up on Jongdae and him taking the afternoon train early than before.

Drumming his fingers on the flat surface, Jongin nibbles on his thumb, eyes narrowing as he tried to break down the problem before him. A couple of minutes of nibbling his thumb, the bell chime and his eyes shifted to the entrance of the door, finding the object of his eyes and a small smile slipped through his features at the appearance of the older male.

“Hyung.”

Kyungsoo takes off his scarf that had been wrapped around his neck and hangs it on the coat rack. He turns to Jongin with a small smile on his face, somehow restrained and it didn’t go unnoticed by Jongin. Kyungsoo seemed to sense that the younger had been staring at him and he quickly covered his mistake by bringing up the small paper bag he had in his hand.

“Oh, yeah. I’ve brought some desserts from the shop. You like castella and strawberry parfait perhaps? I’ll have it ready by a minute, so wait a bit okay?” And Kyungsoo disappears to the kitchen and Jongin still deep in his thoughts. When the older came back with the tray of desserts and teas, they found themselves in a comfortable atmosphere and catching up with each other’s lives.  Though Kyungsoo was the one who’s doing most of the talk, Jongin does his best to keep in track even though his mind were occupied with other things like ‘I wonder what’s bothering Kyungsoo hyung’ ‘Did something happen to him awhile ago?’ ‘Did he have a good day?’ ‘Why is he creating gap between us?’ ‘Did I do something wrong?’ ‘Did I make him upset?’ and other questions like those and his sense of hearing dulled when a question rang in his mind loud and clear.

'Does the problem lie with me or…'

And with one swift moment, a lot of things can happen.  The shift of gaze and with a blank state of mind, Jongin places his hand on the counter and the other hand reached out for Kyungsoo’s face as he sealed their lips together. And what felt like eternity for both of them, Jongin finally pulled away and looked at Kyungsoo’s surprised face.

'Or with Kyungsoo hyung?'

After a few minutes of staring at each other, Jongin calmly sighs and grins at the latter, holding his hands up for a great measure before he says, “Sorry hyung.”

And that’s where Kyungsoo’s senses began to return. “Huh?”

Jongin scratched the back of his head, feeling a little bit guilty and lets out a nervous chuckle. “Well, I mean. I kissed you out of the blue, you know. I’m sorry for that and I hope you wouldn’t be up—”

Jongin’s mind basically zeroed to blankness and a few seconds later, his senses returned and he feels the stinging pain in his cheek and he’s not too sure what had happened. He shifted his gaze back to Kyungsoo and his eyes widened when he saw the latter’s face filled with emotions like disappointment, anger and upset. There were tears that were on the corner of his eyes yet never left and it stabbed a poisonous pain in Jongin’s heart extracting in every parts of body that made him want to reach out to him and hug him and tell him that he didn’t mean what he said, but with a defeated and hurt look on the older’s face prevented him from saying anything at all and all he could do was watch Kyungsoo storm out, leaving his scarf and belongings.

And from that moment, Jongin knew he had really ed up.

 

 

Kris knows he had to settle his feelings. Ever since that talk with Mr. Huang and the occurrence at the hospital, he had been thinking things over again. The case with Chanyeol and Kai and his brother’s broken heart; he knew that it was time to settle his own. Through the midst of troubles and chaos that plays in his surroundings, Kris had decided to fix his own first before he goes on fixing others. Because what is the point of fixing others when you can’t even fix yours?

He couldn’t comfort Baekhyun due to the delicate situation after learning the truth from Sehun and Kai especially from Chanyeol himself who spoke to him of it rather willingly when he called him up.  His parents had been long gone out of his concern due to their business trips always making the house empty of their presence and they were left alone with the maids and butlers nursing the house and providing the necessities needed, yet not enough to fill the void that was in their hearts. Minho had apparently returned to Korea, yet left the main house to live on his own, but still doing his duty as the son of the Wu clan and as the heir.

He had heard from his brother that he had been living with his boyfriend and plans to introduce him to their parents a bit later and Kris had congratulated them genuinely because finally there’ll be someone who could look after his brother besides their mother. Baekhyun is little different case. Baekhyun had somewhat locked himself in his room most of the times, rarely going out for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The maids had decided to bring the food to his room and leave it on his doorstep and will come pick it up later where they’ll find it either half –eaten or finished. It’s a little bit relieved for him that Baekhyun’s still eating despite the situation and his brother still going to school despite the great burden on his shoulder.

He wished he could help him. He really wished he could, but he couldn’t and that was what that hurts him more for not being able to carry out his duty of being a good brother he had told to be and what he told himself. But Kris knew better than that. He was, after all, a wise man. He knows too well what was right for his brother and what he can do for him was to give him space. No words needed because Kris knew that Baekhyun is strong. Stronger than he looks and even though he may falter right now, he will still stand up and move forward because that is how mature Baekhyun had become after those three years of separation from Chanyeol.

Though the dilemma at hand may be difficult, he knows that his brother will pull it off and he trusts Chanyeol will come by sooner or later anyways. That he will fix the mistakes he had left three years ago and begin anew whichever path he will choose that will either cause pain or relieve for Baekhyun. And all pain and doubts will come to vanish and the revelation will set forth to make the path for the future presented to them.

Looking at the picture frame standing on his desk, he finds two kids with bright smiles on their faces and the corner of his lips curl a little bit at the memories that come rushing by.

Yixing.

Yixing. His cousin that he cared so much yet knows that he was partly fault for not remembering him earlier and for neglecting him. His guilt carries on for not being able to protect him and for causing him pain that he knows he could never atone for. He wished he could help him, but yet again, he knows that only Suho could help him. That cursed doctor who bore the death of his love one and for the misfortune that fell upon Yixing. He was the ‘Reaper of Death’, yet he was also the ‘Angel of Hope’ for the living who was holding on the string of life. He was cursed, yet he’s also the one who could only save Yixing. To help him and let him feel that he is truly loved and is a human who deserved to live in earth unlike those monsters of a parents of his who doesn’t deserve to see even his shadow nor do they deserve to be called parents and live among the people and act all noble and high and worse, act as a human being.

Yixing only lived with bad memories until his stepfather came to the picture and saved him from that darkness, yet it wasn’t enough to pull him out from the nightmare he continues to live on. And finally, Ji came in the picture. Painting fresh spring in Yixing’s black canvas and creating a way for Yixing to see the world once more together with his stepfather, yet not all seasons stay the same way for spring died too early and spring was no more but black, rain, crying and black. His world was once again painted with disaster and faulty reality with little touch of lights from his stepfather and finally, came in a light from heaven; Suho appears.

Suho, Kris thought, wasn’t a horrible man he had thought him to be. He was indeed a kind and gentle man who only wanted best for Yixing, yet what he couldn’t accept was the truth he heard from Yixing’s stepfather after he had confronted of the picture he saw at Yixing nightstand where Suho appears at the picture along with Ji and Yixing when Yixing haven’t met Suho because Ji died before being able to introduce him to his brother.  The truth that Suho had kept long ago and what his true colours are reflected upon on that single photo and Kris doesn’t know if he should even let Suho be near his cousin after learning the truth.

But even if he confronted Suho about it, he knows deep inside him that Suho truly cared for Yixing and only wished for the best for him. He was, after all, a victim also of Yixing’s parents and his love for Ji was something he couldn’t argue with because Ji had introduced Suho to him a few times, but he never really thought about Suho that much before, yet only did he encounter Yixing again that he almost didn’t recognize Suho after his change of get-up.  Their lives were intertwined together and forced to weave to the doom of their future, yet Suho still took the path even then, even if he had to live up with the pain of waiting for Yixing to wake up even there’s a zero slim chance of him to wake up at all.

Kris cringed at the thought and he shakes his head at the imagination of seeing Yixing’s burial so early and mentally scolded himself for being able to imagine that. He sighs and wonders how Kai and Sehun had been holding up. Kai had been putting his distance between everyone but most of all with Chanyeol. Kai sometimes takes his coffee together with him, but most of all, he spends his time with Kyungsoo. He doesn’t know much of their relationship, but Kai seems to be having trouble, that much is very known, yet he doesn’t want to pry.

Sehun had been the same, yet different at the same time. He’s not too close with the kid, yet he feels a very strange connection with him due to seeing him also as a brother and maybe because he’s Jongin’s long-distant cousin who’s been alone in his life and had a tragic past. He was indeed a poor kid, yet he was pure and genuine in feelings, but he’s no longer the same Sehun he knew. He would have liked the younger male to find the right path for himself, where he could once again see the light at the end of the dark road where his heart would once again beat in love and the past would have served as a lesson and buried in the depths of sanity.

And as for his condition, he who wouldn’t have thought would be caught in a dilemma was caught in a trap forced by the will of others. The conversation with Mr. Huang had gotten him to think over the things that had happened for the past 3 years and his relationship with Tao. Recalling back where they did things where only couples would do doesn’t simply cover that they’re being romantic to each other nor do they have feelings for each other. Taking his phone out, he scans through the gallery of pictures where had taken pictures of Tao and them together. Those times were all fun and warm, a smile making its way on his face.

Then at that time, Kris realized something.

“Ah, I see. So that explains the empty feeling in my heart. The pain and the tears…” a sad smile spreads instead. “So that’s why.”

He remembered that time when he told Chanyeol his feelings then confessed that he had someone he loved. That’s right. He loved someone. And that was Tao. Being abandoned by Tao for no reason for three years had left him forgetting his love for the younger male and the reason why he’s even hanging on with life. Even with that excuse, Kris knows that it’s also his fault for not remembering—no­—it wasn’t that he remembered. He was in denial. He denied his feelings for Tao after that matter and all the obstacles that came through in his life. He was scared that the younger didn’t also have the same feelings as he was and that he was misunderstanding things and that it would render him being a fool for the past three years.

Kris wanted to die so badly for being such a helpless fool.

Rubbing his hand through his face, he lets out a long and defeated sigh before he closes his eyes, a sad smile made its way to his face. Opening his eyes once more, this time it held the steel determination and new found hope as Kris finally found his answers to his long impending pain that had long constricted his heart. Sitting up from his bed, he fetches his phone from the nightstand and punched in a few numbers before bringing his phone to his ear. After a few rings, the call picked up and a cheerful and mocking laced with irritation underneath voice answered.

“What’s up Kris? I hope you have a bloody explanation as to why you’re calling at 2 ing in the morning!”

Kris apparently had to roll his eyes even if the latter doesn’t see him. “Oh, shut it Muyeong. We all know that you’re busy drinking to oblivion in a bar and is failing miserably to get a girlfriend right there and then.”

“Well, I’m so sorry Your Highness, but I’m at my own unit trying to get a decent sleep after a 4-all nighters with my job and I just happened to return home an hour ago,” Muyeong seethed, a growl escaping after.  Kris snorted, but decided to cut the guy some slack and told him the whole story and his plan, feeling a bit pity for his life-and-death crisis (which Muyeong considers sleep as a life-and-death situation worth fighting for) and merely shrugged when Muyeong threw complaints about how he’s being a complete, total .

“You er just realized it now?” Muyeong’s voice raised a few octaves in disbelief and mock laughter and Kris decided he would let it go this time. He already knows that he’s an idiot and he doesn’t need someone rubbing it to his face again. He grumbles under his breath as they continued to chat for a bit before Muyeong decides to call it a night and hung up on him without waiting for his reply. Unfazed by the sudden cut off, Kris placed his phone back at the nightstand before returning to bed and finally calling a night.

He could finally fix his problems now. 

And this time, he’s not letting go of Tao.

 

 

“Is the food good?” Minseok asked worriedly as Jongdae chews at the food thoroughly, a vague expression on his face to tell if the food is good or bad. For the past weeks they have been going in and out of therapy, trying different activities together to and relaying to each other what had happened to them for the day.  Jongdae had tried his best with all the activities that was given to him and he enjoyed the little outings that Minseok took him out whenever they have free time. Sometimes they would sneak out at late night to go for star-gazing at the rooftop or go out to view the balcony garden, yet most of the time they would be caught by doctors and nurses and both of them would end up being scolded before being dismissed. Though Jongdae worries about the staffs, Minseok doesn’t simply learn his lessons and would often take out Jongdae out at nights, promising the latter that they would be careful today’s evening and promises that they won’t be caught (though Jongdae knows they’ll be caught anyways, but he agrees anyways because he thinks this little adventures are thrilling and gives him the spark of enjoying the outside world every time Minseok would take him out).

Their cafes are, in fact, still alive and running. Jongdae had given the rights to Kyungsoo and his trusted staffs while Minseok hands over the shop to his cousin temporarily. Though their cafes were enemies before, now they have somehow, joint forces or in Jongdae’s term, they are in truce (because honestly he still thinks his pastries are better than the Minseok). Both cafés are in good condition, yet recently Minseok had asked the younger if he could be the judge to the taste of a new sweet that he’s been making and had been feeding him several sweets for the past few days and Jongdae admits that he’s going to get fat in no time with the amount of sweets given to him, but no matter how much he told the older that it’s already enough; Minseok did the opposite of it and Jongdae couldn’t do anything but to give in.

For the 8th day today, he was given a total of 5 servings of sweet and Jongdae had tried each of them. He had written down his personal thoughts on the four and the last one that he’s chewing gave him an uneasy feeling and when he swallowed, he blinked and noticed the off-taste about it. Taking the notepad at his side, he had written down what he thought it was and had his personal judgement about it. This sweet tasting also had a part for his recovery to let him get his sweet tooth back and let him gain a few weights (though Jongdae thinks isn’t necessary but Kyungsoo insisted anyways and he couldn’t really turn him down).

He hands the pad to an expecting Minseok and the older’s eyes immediately darted towards the reviews he had and after a few minutes, he puts down the pad and groans. He sighs involuntarily and looks at the younger in defeat. “No good, huh?” Jongdae shakes his head and Minseok grumbles under his breath. Unfortunately, all the sweets that Minseok had given him were a failure. Not in the failure context, because yes, the pastries are sweet and delicious, but it’s not anything new. And from what Jongdae recalled, some sweets tasted like the ones in Milk and Buns Café down the road.

Jongdae watched as the older sulked as he got up and went to prepare snacks for both of them. He rolled his eyes, but a small smile made its way on his face nonetheless. Minseok approached him with a heavy heart, a frown evident on his face yet still gentle on his movements. Jongdae took the basket of cookies, taking a star-shaped cookie before taking a bite. He revelled on the taste of the cookie and his smile widens a bit more. He takes the abandoned pad and writes down, his action unnoticed to the older as he nibbles on his cookie while he sulks. Tapping the older’s shoulder, he hands him the pad and Minseok half-heartedly looked at it.

It’s a shame that the sweets you prepared aren’t new, but I like your cookies though.

It tastes absolutely the same just like your other works.

Now cheer up and let me give you a kiss, you sulking brat.

Minseok swears his face is flushed in crimson red by then. His hand trembles along with the pad and he turns to meet a cheeky grin before he felt chapped lips press on his cheek for a few seconds then was pulled away. He looked at the blushing Jongdae wear a shy smile before he feels the ringing in his ears and he felt dizzy. He placed his hand over his mouth and looked away, grumbling under his breath how Jongdae could be so damn sly and adorable at the same time and that it was unfair how he could act mature than them when he’s completely the older one in the relationship.

Jongdae chuckles lightly, feeling warm blossom in his heart and his face growing redder by the seconds of the act that he had done because honestly, he’s not the type of person to take initiative, but he thinks that this is good once in awhile. Watching Minseok glare at him weakly with a blush on his face and takes a bite on his cookie, grumbling under his breath with complaints while he enjoys this little events that turns into precious memories.

Yes, he could definitely get used to this.


♦ How many years has it been since I updated? But anyways, I finally did! Yay!

► You sure took long enough.

♦ But I do remember telling you to update though.

► ....well, you got a point there...

♦ See? *pushes Jude aside* anyways, here's the long awaited update and I'm sorry if I took long enough. I do remember telling Jude to tell you guys that we're going on hiatus, but I guess he didn't. But anyways, the past is in the past. Sooo....I hope you like this one!

► See you soon!