Chapter 12

Silencio Bella

Silencio Bella

Unraveling the Truth

 


We often say we could live on when we have hope by our side, even if it’s the smallest one that we hold into. We continue to breathe until tomorrow until the day comes when we lose our breath because we want to live and we continue on living. It is what you called life. Yet, when life loses its meaning, what does it leave then? Death. Death has no particular contribution, but only it is the absence of life within the time of a being. When a person dies, it leaves traces of its existence, sometimes a legacy and sometimes it becomes a forgotten picture abandoned and burned—ceased to exist.

However, it takes a different turn when memories are erased. They are hidden and not forgotten. The living could not forget the living and consider them as dead. Even when it is buried in the depths of the mind, sealed away and never to be remembered, it only takes a single spark to ignite the trigger and memories comes crashing down like waves. A forgotten memory comes back no matter what. Even if it takes years for one to remember, there will be fragments scattered and it’s up to you whether you would take it or not.

Kris wanted to think he isn’t forgotten. That he isn’t just some wind that passed by, but became a memory that was just locked away. He liked to think that way, because if he didn’t; he’s not too sure what to do anymore. That’s why he continues to live on, alive and breathing because he knows it’s not yet done. That this is too quick to end without a proper goodbye and explanation.

And so he stands before Mr. Huang, a practiced smile decorating his face for this fraud show. Mun had come picked him up personally when he was about to visit Yixing at the hospital and if Kris was going to be honest, he’s not too pleased with it, yet he had a motive to why he came with Mun.

A fake smile for a fake person and a silent, understanding atmosphere clad them gently. Such a fraud show, he thinks.  Mr. Huang silently gestures him to sit and he takes the offer while Mun silently takes his leave, probably on his way to the kitchen to inform the maids to prepare snacks and teas for the master has a guest. They didn’t talk for awhile, yet Kris never took his eyes off from Mr. Huang as the middle-aged man observes him from the head to toe without either any sign of shame or decency.

Lips pressed into a thin smile, Kris takes the first move, getting the note that Mr. Huang wouldn’t talk anytime soon. “What could I do for you, Mr. Huang?” There was no answer at first, but the way the latter’s lips formed into an innocent smile of a fraud, it was a close call to say that Kris is going to get his answer soon.

“Ah, yes. You could start by staying away from my son, hm?” Mr. Huang says with his calm, yet flat tone of his. Kris felt his blood boil immediately than expected, but with his practiced control; he puts up an innocent face, a thin smile to complete the set.

“What are you saying, Mr. Huang? Why I should stay away from you son? This is business; of course we meet especially when we are the representative of each powerful family unless…you are trying to imply something different?”

A play of cards and the game has been set since the beginning. Who is the king and queen that controls the strings of the puppet?

Mr. Huang eyes him sharply by his answer, before an emotionless laugh breaks through the living room, reverberating that is similar of a mad man that it almost sends shivers down Kris’s spine. The aeonian youth of man stops abruptly with a hum, before his whole face contorted into a serious expression, cold and sharp eyes glowering at him with arrogance and power. Kris doesn’t back down and stared back with the same level of competence.

“I know you had this relationship with my son. You’ve got his hopes up and only to break his heart in the end. Well, aren’t you a cruel man, Kris?” Mr. Huang smirked when Kris’s poker face crumbles a little bit and the surprise was too easily caught from him.

“What?” Kris looked at him, appalled by his sudden words that it took Mr. Huang in a little bit surprised.

“Didn’t you reject him?” When Kris looks at his eyes, he couldn’t distinguish the emotions that circled around the father’s eyes whether he’s being protective just like any ordinary father in the world or just plainly putting him into a tight situation for some reason either to make a bargain or negotiate about something that he couldn’t think of what. Mr. Huang carefully scrutinised him, observing him from head to toe before he quietly questioned the impending silence.

“You didn’t?” It was another round of silence and after a minute or two, Kris nodded his head; telling that the conclusion of what Mr. Huang had was utterly wrong from the very start. What was the man thinking? What sort of wild idea did he get that answer from? Dating? Rejected him? He wasn’t even dating the younger male and both of them didn’t show any signs of having romantic relationship. Sure, Kris thought, they may have kissed once or twice, but Tao didn’t recuperate those and Kris wasn’t sure of his feelings either. Three years had passed already and those feelings made a greater change in his life an—

Kris train of thoughts was easily shattered when Mr. Huang spoke in an oddly calm voice of his that it sent chills down his spine like a serial criminal who enjoys killing his prey with delicacy. Just like a wolf in a sheep’s clothing and Kris is thinking why he chose to come again when he knew what kind of man Tao’s father was and just by having his presence already sends him creeped out, though not visible in the outer, yet inside.

“I see. So that’s how it is.” And he smiles, quite innocent, but far more than what it was. “You may leave now, Kris. I’m sorry for having to cancel your appointments today just to meet up with me to have this useless conversation. I’ll send some gifts as I sign of my apology. Thank you for taking your time to meet with me today.” And after that, Mr. Huang stood up and Kris followed, caught up in a daze and bowed. Mun appeared and escorted him on the way out and once they were out, Mr. Huang plopped back down at his seat nursing his headache as he closed his eyes.

“You’re a total fool Wu Yi fan. My son liked you, yet you never noticed. You acted in pride, lost in a past love of yours, just to end up not having your feelings sorted out even after 3 years had passed.  What an utter fool you are. I feel pity for my son to fall in love with a man like you,” he grumbled under his breath and let out a sigh of exhaustion.

As Kris left the mansion and proceeded down to the hospital as he had just planned hours ago, Kris was busy thinking and trying to get answers on every question he had come up. His train of thoughts only stopped when he met Suho along the hallway of the West Wing level 4. As both of them halted and bowed to each other, Suho looked surprised at Kris’ presence.

“Kris? What are you doing here?” he asked in mild surprise and curiosity. Kris lifted an eyebrow, wondering what he’s talking about.

“What are you saying? Do I look like I have any other business other than visiting my cousin?” He sounded mildly irritated, but Suho doesn’t seem fazed by it and rather took the opportunity to tell him of what’s bothering him.

He shakes his head. “No, that’s not what I meant. What I meant was that what are you doing here in the West Wing?”

“West Wing?”

“Yeah. Yixing’s room is in the East Wing. Not west, you know,” Suho replied and Kris blinked at him. Oh, Kris thought rather stupidly, so that’s why he isn’t arriving at the designated area no matter how much walked farther down the hallway. He face-palmed himself, feeling rather frustrated by his actions and mumbled a small apology to Suho after his rude words.  Suho doesn’t seem to mind, but rather he smiled.

“It’s fine. Why don’t we go there together? I plan to pay him a visit as well.”

Kris nodded and both walked down the hallway, passing by some patients and nurses along the way with some doctors checking up on some patients seated on the waiting area. As they walk, Kris looked at Suho and wondered what had happened to him and Yixing in the past. He wanted to ask, but something is holding him up from asking the doctor. He felt queasy when he tried to remember that tragedy 3 years ago and wanted to puke, but contained himself. Trying to maintain composure, he left the questions and told himself that he could ask him some other time and that there’s no need to rush himself because he’s sure that Suho’s also having a hard time with himself and that he would tell him when he’s ready.

After a long walk, they finally arrived at Yixing’s doorstep and Suho opened the door, revealing a mild, ominous, dark room and both entered in and Kris the light for them. Closing the door behind them, Suho followed Kris from behind and halted beside him as they watch over Yixing’s peaceful sleep. The bruises have faded eventually and his skin had returned to its original health, yet lacked the colour of possible being alive.

'He’s way too pale', Kris thought as he carefully observed his cousin. If it weren’t for the heart monitor, he would have thought that Yixing was dead because of his physical appearance and very low breathing that you can’t even see it even when he’s asleep.

He’s like a dead person in a coffin,’ He thought in the back of his head and closed his eyes to stop himself from thinking negative things that shouldn’t even be thought about.

“It’s been a long time since you visited Yixing, hasn’t it Kris?” Suho murmurs and Kris hums in approval, acknowledging the fact that indeed, he hasn’t visited Yixing for a long time. Reaching his arm out, Kris carefully held Yixing’s hand, afraid that he could break it with too much pressure in his hand. The moment he held Yixing’s hand, Kris had noted that it was cold. Not just any cold. But dead cold much like of a dead person and Kris almost shuddered by it.

“It’s cold isn’t it?” Kris looked at Suho in surprise and finds him with a tight smile. The man in front of him had an appearance of a grieving man whose stuck in lost time and when Kris had taken note of his behaviour, Kris isn’t sure of what to call of it. He’s not too sure whether Suho is barely living or already lost the track of time of reality and had been walking with an empty shell.

“He’s been hanging on for 3 years. In the next few months, it’s going to be four.” Suho continues to speak, yet Kris isn’t listening. Not when he found something that he shouldn’t have seen. Right there beside the bed, on the nightstand stands a proud and warm picture frame that contained a photo of a forbidden people. He couldn’t take his eyes off it and his sense of hearing buzzed, blocking any sound. His attention was completely captured by the picture itself as he slowly let go of Yixing’s hand and while he continues to be in daze, Suho appeared rather to be talking to no one or rather to Kris or maybe for himself.

“I wonder…I wonder how long would it be until I could bear this suffocating pain I have? How long will I have to wait for him? How long will I continue to love him? Most importantly…”

He smiles. Grieving. Broken. Forgotten. And tears slowly rolls down his face as he lower his head a little bit wherein his eyes could no longer be seen by his bangs. And he speaks in a low manner of voice, almost like a whisper of a phantom.

“Should I give up already?”

Kris looks dazed as he took a break on a café near the hospital. Familiar faces pops along yet he pays no acknowledgment not when his mind is filled with piles of questions that he has no answers of and could only confuse him with unreasonable doubt of reality. His mug of hot espresso sits still, untouched and b with smoke of a newly served coffee. His thoughts had already taken the long run and his thinking of the photo he saw at the hospital. He bit his lip out of habit, eyebrows furrowed and eyes glazed with focus.

'Why is that picture there? Why…'

Suho silently hums a lonely tune, watching Yixing weakly breath and the doctor lightly brushed away the fringes that covers the younger’s eyes already. Suho watches sadly, ghosting his fingers over Yixing’s face before resting his hand on the younger’s cheek.

“You need to have your haircut soon, Yixing. It’s already long. Would you let me cut them?” Suho whispers at him before his eye twitched at the contact of the back of his hand with the cheek of the younger.

“Hey Yixing-ah,” Suho murmurs lowly. “Your cheek is warm. Do you have a fever?”

Retracting his hand, Suho stands up, fixing the blanket over Yixing’s and stared at the man he loves so much. Tears flow out, but he doesn’t bother about and instead leans his face and leaves a chaste kiss on the younger’s forehead as he slowly closes his eyes and murmurs some words once he leaned away a little bit and let their foreheads touch each other as he silently cries and he whispers with a broken voice of longing.

“Come back Yixing. I miss you so much. Come back already, hm?”

And the room closes in with a mild breeze from the open window, revealing a warmth of the unknown that almost looks like a comfort from the sleeping man who used it in another way and Suho lets himself go in times like this because in these times, he feels that Yixing is alive, embracing him and telling him that it’s okay as he pat his back.

It felt like Yixing is awake and telling him that he’s here by his side and that Suho could rest. Suho likes to think and feel this way because it calms his grieving heart give him another sense of hope to cling on.

“You’ve got to return, you hear me? I still haven’t given you a proper date. A proper kiss and everything. You can’t leave me just behind and never return Yixing. That’s unfair. You promise that you’ll stay with me forever, right? So come and return to me Yixing,” Suho whispers as he held their hands together and slowly rested his forehead on their laced hands as he continued to sob.

“I love you Yixing,” he says and chants them over and over again like a broken mantra because Suho hopes that these words may get through him and bring him back, but most of all, Suho wanted to tell those words from the bottom of his heart because he knows that Yixing never properly heard them.

And the room hums with mild warmth accompanied with a gentle breeze and the sun rays shining the picture frame on the nightstand a little bit more than usual.

Untouched espresso sits still on the table and the café is busy with buzzes of people chatting, something cooking and the ring of reality is too far from Kris’s senses at the moment. He indulges himself in a long and terrible thought. Three people were in the photo, one is Ji—Yixing’s younger sister and Yixing himself and the other one is…

“Why is Suho in the picture itself? He shouldn’t be there because Yixing never got to know him until then. So why…why is he in that photo when they never met at all? What the hell is going on? What is Suho hiding?”

“He’s ing stupid.”

“Who is?”

Jongin looks up from the mug of hot chocolate on the table and his attention lands on Sehun who had brought a tray of sweets and pastries. Jongin decided to crash at his beloved cousin’s place because he felt that Sehun would understand him more with the reason of them knowing each other for years. Sehun had welcomed him with reluctant arms though and had no choice but to listen to Jongin’s complaints (despite the younger’s excuse for going out, Jongin simply doesn’t care) and they ended having snacks on late afternoon.

Sehun sat beside him, taking a chocolate chip cookie and took a bite on it before muttering, “What’s the story anyway?”

Jongin sighed loudly; eyes gleam with sheer irritation and anger just with the thought of what had happened a few days ago. Chanyeol’s words continue to reverberate in his mind like a broken mantra on play and the image of Chanyeol’s usual self yet also wasn’t was imprinted on Jongin’s mind, never leaving and it only fuelled his anger more.

Gritting his teeth, he spills the name of the person that has been burdening his heart. “It’s about Park ing Chanyeol.”

Sehun pauses midway from taking another bite and sneaked a glance at Jongin before taking a loud bite out of his cookie. Jongin spills the story, adding his own comments in between and Sehun just quietly listens throughout the story. When Jongin had finished and had taken his mug to sip, Sehun clicks his tongue in distaste making Jongin look at him weirdly.

“What’s wrong?” Jongin had noticed the change of atmosphere after he had finished his story and the look on Sehun’s face wasn’t all too pleased with it.  He knows that there’s something going on, but he can’t pinpoint what was the problem in it. Looking at Sehun made Jongin realize that he may have said something that he shouldn’t have told.  They stayed in silence for some while until a few minutes more that Sehun decided to break it.

“And after all these years, you’re still a fool Jongin. You never learn do you?” Sehun comments flatly and Jongin glares at him, his hand on his knee. His blood boiled a bit from the off comment from his cousin, but he tries to calm himself down, knowing too well that nothing good comes out when he gets mad. Instead he resorts to a gritted question in return for it.

“And what the hell is that just to suppose to mean?”

Abruptly, the younger male stood up and points at the door and mutters. “Get out.”

Jongin clenches his jaws and stood up, meeting Sehun’s eye level and cold glare. “What the is wrong with you?” He questions irritably at him and Sehun isn’t fazed with his words at all, used to it by all the experiences he lived for the past years. He calms himself down, breathing in and out and counting 1, 2 and 3 in his head before closing his eyes.

“You speak so easily hyung. You don’t even know what happened to him and yet you could easily judge him for what he decides what is right. You spoke so rashly. Just because he didn’t he tell anyone his problem doesn’t mean you could decide what he should do. It’s his life Kai, not yours. But even if you got to have your say, it’s still his decision whether to share his burden or not. You’ve been his friend for so how many years Kai, together with Kris and how could Kris accepted it without reacting so exaggeratingly yet you come out so negatively about it? What kind of a friend are you?

Jongin was appalled by Sehun’s sudden outburst, too shocked to say something back that in between, he could say that Sehun knows something that he doesn’t.  He could only stare at him and wonder what was on his mind.

“You…” he trails off and Sehun looks away, mumbling something under his breath.

“I was there. I was there by his side for 3 whole years, Jongin.”

Jongin couldn’t tell whether he was hallucinating or by the fact that he didn’t hear it properly because Sehun had repeated it again for him to understand and the words to sink down heavily. He stares at Sehun with a dumbfounded look, too shocked to even fathom the secrets that Sehun kept together with Chanyeol for the whole 3 years they stayed on America and how they could keep it as if there’s nothing that happened at all? When Jongin had snapped out of his shock, he questions the latter for answers of the unknown. Apparently, Sehun isn’t willing to give in so easily to spill those years, but Jongin isn’t going to give up so easily just like that.

After pressing Sehun for several minutes and adding some threats to it, Sehun sighed as finally gave up and decided that Jongin deserves to know and that the misunderstanding will be cleared up soon. He started by getting his wallet and taking out a photo in it. In the photo shows 3 doctors and 2 patients in it, one in a wheelchair and the other stands with a cane on his hand. Both sat down first before Sehun handed the picture to Jongin and the latter carefully observing the photo in his hand.

“What is this?” he inquired and Sehun points each person and gave their names and their relationship to each other.

“This is our professor, Dr. Hawthorne,” Sehun starts and Jongin nods his head, taking in the aged man who looked happy in the photo together with the others.  Continuing on from there Sehun points at the person next the professor. “This is me and my patient with a cane on his hand, June Lowle, has a 3rd stage cancer and lost his leg when it got burned in a car crash 5 years ago. Doctors got it amputated and he’s coping with it when I handled him,” he explains and Jongin noted the tinge of sadness in his voice. He had noted that Sehun may have enjoyed his time with his patient and may have missed their time together.

Finally, Sehun points at the two remaining people on the left side of the photo, a jocund expression on their face. “This is Lucas and the one on the wheelchair is Chanyeol hyung. He had already lost his sight by then. This was around the 5th month of the first year in America. Chanyeol lost his sight at the last week of the 1st month,” Sehun pauses and looks at Jongin’s expression, finding the latter in a dazed look, but the look of regret slowly crossing in his face proves that Jongin slowly understands the situation of Chanyeol.

“I was with him by the first week and checked him in the hospital where I found that it was also my station. I looked after him until Lucas came and took Chanyeol under his wing and I moved to have June under mine. I was practically still his doctor because I’m the one who’s taking care of him and took care of things for him and with the assistance of Lucas who willingly gave his help.”

Sehun paused to take breather and reminisced those hard days and the days where they found themselves losing hope. “It wasn’t easy, hyung. It was suffocating, especially with Chanyeol. I found my peace with the café nearby our hospital and with the company of our professors, my colleagues and June, yet Chanyeol took it the worse. He was practically losing hope and…and…” Sehun’s throat tightened when the memory came back and Jongin wondered what had happened and his heart was beating oddly as if signalling that whatever Sehun has to say wasn’t good at all.

“He asked me to kill him, Jongin,” Sehun grits out heavily and Jongin was appalled at his words.

“What?”

“Chanyeol hyung asked me to leave him to rot and let him die because he can’t take the misery anymore. Do you even ing know what we had to go through to appease him? What we had to do to let him know that there are people waiting for him in Korea? Do you even know that he cried every night, saying sorry even in his sleep? He was a walking ghost in the first year Jongin! It was the worst one and it was all thanks to him that Chanyeol found hope and accepted everything.”

Jongin was entirely shocked by the revelation given to him. He couldn’t speak as if his brain had stopped functioning properly. What did Sehun just say? Chanyeol asked Sehun to kill him? To leave him to rot and die? How…how could he just say that so easily? Was the pain too much to bear? Was it too suffocating? Why? Why did he say that?

Jongin realized something within the train of thoughts of his. He looked at Sehun with a curious face and Sehun seemed to know what he is going to ask, but didn’t say anything and let Jongin ask for himself.

“What did you say awhile ago? Him? Him that saved Chanyeol and let him found hope once again? Whose him? Jongin asks curiously and Sehun bitterly smiles at it. He looks at Jongin and chuckles a little bit far from being humorous and Jongin almost shuddered by the sudden change of attitude by his cousin that he once knew of.

“Who else could it be? If it isn’t the prodigious doctor, Song Lucas. The one who took Chanyeol under his wing and gave everything to the younger. He’s the one who gave Chanyeol a new hope, hyung.”

Jongin stared at the man and recognized him as one of the great musician in America alongside with the Musical Genius who had risen up to fame just in three years. He never knew the Musical Genius, but he knows his assistant for his skills are exceptional and had proven worthy along the prodigy and to learn that he is a prodigious doctor and was the one who took care of Chanyeol also known as the Musical Genius—it was an astonishing news.

But the news doesn’t end there, unfortunately. Fate surely loves to tease people and make them confuse and struggle like a worm. After all, life wasn’t fair to begin with.

“And he’s also Chanyeol’s lover.”

“Lucaaasss! Really now! I told you to stop sneaking up behind me and you’re seriously taking my words like nothing!” Chanyeol whines in distress to the older male and Lucas laughs merrily as he hugs the younger from behind, pecking the younger on the cheek as an apology.

“Sorry about that. You’re way too cute on your own, don’t you think?” Chanyeol blushes hard in embarrassment and Lucas laughs again, teasing the younger merrily and Chanyeol laughs, but obviously red from embarrassment from awhile ago. Lucas cuddles with Chanyeol like a child and the younger sighs with a light smile on his face.

“I love you Chanyeol,” Lucas murmurs, but the younger heard it anyway. Chanyeol smiles and caresses the older male’s hair; a little red due to the older’s affectionate words.

“Idiot,” he grumbles childishly, but Lucas chuckles instead and buries his head more on the younger’s back.

“But you love this idiot.”

He laughs and nodded his head.

“True enough.”

Yet with their happiness destroys a person’s hope. And probably crushed one’s sane thinking just to look at it, but the exaggeration is a little too far off, yet not far from the truth itself, really. Baekhyun with a hand placed over his mouth, could only keep himself from intervening the happy couple on the balcony of the school compound. He didn’t expect this revelation nor did he expect that he would fall into this quite quickly than he thought.

He quietly leaves the place, hoping that they didn’t see him and escapes from the scene he wished he would never have seen at all. He runs away and away. Farther and farther away from the cause of the pain of his heart but also from the cause of the braking of his heart and the hot tears rolling down from his face.

And as he runs, he collided with someone and he fell on the floor with a loud ‘thump’ and the voice that called to him was like a light in his darkness.

“Senpai! Are you okay? I’m so sorry!”

Baekhyun looks up and he sees Chanyeol features at first, but when his vision cleared, he saw Ren—an almost replica of Chanyeol and he breaks down from it. Ren was startled at first, but soon took Baekhyun in his arms, patting his back and worry filled his voice. He doesn’t know what happened, but he knows that he’s the only one that could comfort his senior at the moment and give him a shoulder to cry on.

He calmly pats his back, telling him that it’s okay and Baekhyun tightens his grip on his shirt, muttering incoherent words and sometimes calling out Ren’s name. Ren did his best and gave Baekhyun what he needed at the moment, worried and concern laced on his actions.

“Cry as much as you want senpai. You don’t need to hold back. Cry with all your might that the burden in your heart may no longer be there. And I…I will be by your side.”

Sehun sighs as he entered his office, feeling the stress build up on him. First, he had to deal with his cousin and second, he had met up with some few directors, met with some patients and was given an assignment by the head professor for some unknown reason and he felt he’s going to die from the pressure of it. He loosens his tie and lazily takes his lab coat off, taking off a burden from his shoulder.

He sits at his swivelling chair, playing dazedly with a fountain pen he got from Daehyun as a welcome gift, seeing some inscription in it with the words—Essere un vento libero e godersi la vita”—and Sehun smiles a little bit from it. He closes his eyes as he sighs, putting down the fountain pen and when he opened his eyes, he saw something unexpected. Right beside from his office door, was a bouquet of flowers in a pristine vase that once contained non-authentic flowers. 
Wanting a closer inspection, he stands up from his seat and slowly approached the flower. As he halted in front of it, his eyes widen at the sight of it.
“Aren’t these…White Clovers? This rare type of flowers…it must be from Kyungsoo hyung’s flower shop.” He noted down the fact, but as he continued to stare at it, he wonders who could have sent it. Picking one from it, he bitterly smiles as he recognized the person who could have sent it to him without shame or delicacy.
“Luhan hyung,” he mutters under his breath and placed back the flower with the rest and decides to call the day off, yet a smile is still plastered on his face.

“What are you thinking Luhan?” a small man asked him and hands him a bottle of orange juice. He offers a smile and small ‘thank you’ before opening it and takes a sip. The small man lets out a sigh and Luhan looks at him in wonder.

“How are you and Jongin? Not doing well?” Luhan asks casually about their relationship, but Kyungsoo is too bothered about something to care about it.

“No, we’re doing fine. It’s just that…Jongin seems to be dealing with some serious problem. I just wish I could help him,” Kyungsoo voices out with some sadness laced in his voice, filled also with worry and concern. Luhan hums and smiles at their relationship.

“Ah, young love indeed!” he says merrily and Kyungsoo whacks him in the head, a blush ran across his cheeks and Luhan chuckles as he nurses at the area where Kyungsoo had whacked him.

“No, we’re not like that, you idiot. We’re just…friends.” Kyungsoo’s voice sounded unsure at the last part and it almost look like he was shaking when he said it and Luhan grumbles at the fact of it.

“Why the pause, Kyungsoo? Really now. One of you should just man up and confess already. I’m sick of you guys playing hard to get when both of you have feelings for each other that’s so obvious to others,” Luhan suggests and Kyungsoo was seething in irritation and all, but he couldn’t do anything because he knows it’s a fact and he can’t really go against Luhan when he said only the truth.

“What were you thinking, anyways?”

“And you’re steering the conversation away. How lovely.”

“No, I’m not!”

“Whatever you say, Kyungsoo. Whatever you say.”

And the next moment, Luhan nurses his aching head, feeling the pain thrice from before and he felt his eyes water from the heavy pain inflicted on him. Kyungsoo sighs heavily and shakes his head, silence soon followed after them and Luhan takes it as a cue that Kyungsoo doesn’t want to talk about it anymore.

He nods his head and blankly answers the question that Kyungsoo had been asking him from before.

“I just wondered if he liked the flowers that I sent him.”

“Oh, the white clovers you ordered from me yesterday? You sent them to Sehun right?”

“Yeah, I did. I just wondered if he liked it and if he knew the meaning behind those,” Luhan murmurs and Kyungsoo stares at him before looking away, a soft smile on his face soon appeared.

“Of course he would like it. How many years do you think he’s been working with me? He practically grew attached to it. And he knows the meaning, I assure you that. Why do you think I let him study the plants and the flowers for two years? It was for himself and for the customers. He would know its meaning for sure,” Kyungsoo assures him and Luhan feels warm and nodded slightly.

“I’m sure he does. He’s my Sehun after all.”


Ah, how lovely. Hi~ Jude is here and I finally updated! Yay~ /rejoices merrily/ Hope you like the chapter. I made some revises and hopefully the Title chapter makes sense in this chapter. Thank you for waiting patiently! I'm sorry if I was out for like months! Been busy with stuffs that I don't even want to think about at them moment. This chapter got me hooked up a little bit and made me quite happy as it is.

Unraveling the truth, huh? Truths...well, which one is right? Are the things that you've thought was right are actually correct? Or was it actually wrong? Which is the right one and which is the wrong one? Or are both correct or are they wrong actually? It's up to you to decide after all. Think so far what the ending will be and what was the past and the present and you'll get your future. Simple, isn't it? If you get the flow, you may see the future itself. Changes are continued throughout the story so watch out, but I believe you paid heed from mellissa's warning, so I'm a bit well rested.

Changes...changes...well, nothing  changed much? Or was there?(Though I felt like I made Suho a little bit mentally unstable, don't you think?) Well, hoped you liked it! I tried fitting the couples together, but didn't work out the way I wanted to so I cut the rest and revised it. Thank you once again! :) Feel free to comment and say your opinions about it! This is Jude and hope you have a nice day! :D

White Clover- Promises

PS. Did I get my coloring right?

-Jude