Taking Things Slow

The Dragon's Smiling Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: Greetings my loyal reader! Today is Saturday, February 22nd 2014. I know, I'm one day late and for that I apologize. Unfortunately things came up yesterday that made it impossible for me to post this chapter on time. However, I hope the content of this chapter makes up for my lag. I hope you all enjoy the chapter very much. I think it's definitely something we've all been waiting for.

 

An hour later found Tiffany outside of her dorm waiting for her Jiyong-oppa to arrive. Although at first it seemed as though an hour was plenty of time, she soon realized that while it only took a few minutes to get home from the SM main building, it took her the rest of the time to search through her wardrobe for the right outfit and apply make-up. In the end she decided to go with a short black dress and a denim jacket. A dress may have been a bit much for a dinner date with her oppa but she was going on a date with a fashionista after all. No doubt Jiyong would be wearing something stylish even if it was simple.

 

The sudden roar of a car engine brought Tiffany’s attention to the entrance of her dorm’s parking lot. There, she saw something that made her giggle but also shake her head. Entering the parking lot was the infamous white Bentley Continental GT, a vehicle that everyone knew one person in South Korea had in his garage. When the car had pulled to a stop next to her, the driver side door opened revealing none other than G-Dragon. As expected, the fashionista did not disappoint with a designer t-shirt and pants combo and a faux leather jacket.

 

“Anyeong Fany-ah,” said Jiyong as he got out of his car to greet her. “I hope I didn’t keep you waiting.”

 

“Anniyo, of course you didn’t oppa,” she answered sweetly before looking at his car with an amused look. “What happened to trying to keep a low profile?”

 

Chuckling, Jiyong rubbed the back of his head embarrassingly as he turned to look at his infamous vehicle. “Yeah about that, this is actually the only car I have at the moment,” he explained in an apologetic tone. “Unfortunately, I allowed my appa to take the Lamborghini out for the weekend so we’ll have to take the Bentley.” As he said this, Jiyong walked Tiffany over to the passenger side of the car and, like a true gentleman, opened it for her so that she could get in. “Now do you have an idea of where you want to eat dinner?” inquired Jiyong when he had returned to the driver side of the car. “I haven’t eaten all day so I’m pretty much down for anything.”

 

“Aigoo, oppa please take better care of your health!” scolded Tiffany worriedly as she buckled into her seat. “I understand you’re busy and all but that doesn’t mean you should skip meals.” Internally, Tiffany couldn’t help but note that she probably worried about Jiyong and his work habit more than any other idol friend of hers. At one point it may have caught her by surprise. However, it now made perfect sense due to her ever growing attraction for him. “Anyways, if you really don’t mind where we go eat I’d love to grab some pizza,” she continued, clapping her hands together in anticipation. “And I know the perfect place too, just follow my directions.” And with that, they pulled out of the parking lot and drove off to find dinner.

 

Under Tiffany’s directions, Jiyong drove into the heart of Seoul towards this pizza place of hers. He had personally never been there but if Tiffany’s praises of the place were true, it was probably the best pizza you were going to find without hoping on a plane to travel out of Korean. Although he was no stranger to pizza, Jiyong hadn’t had a good slice of it since he and the rest of s where in New York to film some of the music videos for their Alive album. Therefore, he was rather excited at the idea of eating pizza again.

 

When they finally arrived, Tiffany was so excited to be at her favorite pizza parlor that she almost bolted from the car without her disguise. “I haven’t been here in so long,” said Tiffany excitedly as she quickly unbuckled her seat belt and opened the door. “Come on oppa let’s go!”

 

“Now hold on a moment,” replied Jiyong, chuckling in amusement at her excitement. “It’s cute how excited you are but don’t you think we should probably put on our disguises before leaving this car?” As he said this, Jiyong was in the process of putting on a beanie and a scarf that not only hid his identity but also kept his face rather warm. “We are, after all, in the heart of Seoul,” he continued as he handed her the disguise she had brought for herself which contained just a scarf. “We’re more likely to be recognized here than anywhere else.”

 

His reasoning brought down Tiffany’s excitement to a much more manageable level as she realized that running off without her disguise would be extremely unwise given their location. In all honesty, had she revealed herself in public, it probably would’ve taken less than ten minutes for the word to get out that the Tiffany Hwang was hanging out in downtown Seoul. After that, it would’ve taken an even shorter amount of time for people to realize just who was with her that night.

 

“Mianhe oppa,” said Tiffany as she quickly wrapped the scarf around her neck and lower part of her face, effectively disguising herself. “It’s just that pizza is one of my favorite things in the world back in the states but I don’t get to eat it often here in Korea because it isn’t that popular yet.”

 

Nodding his understanding, Jiyong locked his car and followed her as she led him to the small pizza parlor. Upon entering, since he hadn’t been there before, Jiyong took a moment to look at his new surroundings. It was a quaint and simple little place that had a very comfy feeling to it. What really stood out to him though were the smells that were emanating from the kitchen. He could definitely see, or in this case smell, why Tiffany would want to go there. “Go ahead and grab us a table Fany-ah,” he said as he made his way over to stand in line. “I’ll get us the food.”

 

“Arasso oppa,” replied Tiffany as she made her way to a vacant table. “Get me two combo slices please.”

 

A couple minutes later, Jiyong met up with her at the table she had saved for them with two plates each holding two slices of combination pizza. Following behind him was one of the workers of the establishment carrying two glasses of cola and a pitcher for refills. “I hope cola is okay,”
 said Jiyong as he gently placed the plates on the table before helping the worker with the drinks and sending him on his way. “I think it goes best when eating pizza.”

 

“Oh I totally agree oppa,” replied Tiffany, waiting for the worker to leave before removing her scarf. “I was worried that you were going to bring beer instead.”

 

“Yah, oppa isn’t that bad,” replied Jiyong in mock offense. “Aish, this is all that maknae’s fault for making me look like I’m an alcoholic.” His whining caused Tiffany to giggle cutely, effectively stopping his whine in order to admire how attractive she was when she was like that. Sensing that he had stopped, Tiffany ceased her giggling and stared questioningly at him. “Ah, mianhe Fany-ah,” said Jiyong with an embarrassed chuckle. “I just find it really cute when you laugh.”

 

Blushing profusely at his compliment, Tiffany was shocked into silence for a bit before forcing her courage up to answer him. “Kamsahamnida oppa, that’s a really sweet thing to say,” she answered with a small smile before deciding to take a gamble with her next question. “Is that all you find cute about me?” In the weeks and months to come, Tiffany would wonder to herself countless times why she asked that question. As a result of what happened next, she would also thank God in the coming weeks and months for that little spark of courage.

 

“Of course that isn’t!” exclaimed Jiyong in an affronted tone. “Everything about you is cute.”

 

Whatever Tiffany had expected him to answer, clearly that was not it. Normally, she would’ve swooned into a faint at a comment like that from someone she liked. As such, it took all that she had to simply continue the conversation. “Do you really mean that oppa?” she asked hopefully. “You aren’t just saying that to be nice are you?”

 

“Anniyo Fany-ah, I really do mean it,” answered Jiyong truthfully. “Prior to us meeting I already thought you were very cute but now that I’ve been given the chance to get to know you, I can’t help but find you even more attractive.” Realizing that he had gone too far to turn back now, Jiyong decided to press forward and lay out everything on the table. His only hope

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter