Love, Both Past and Present

The Dragon's Smiling Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: Hello everyone! Today is Friday, February 7th, 2014. It is 10pm where I am and although it's late I have kept my promise and have brought to you another chapter in The Dragon's Smiling Angel. One very special annoucement I'd like to make. Although it must've been during the last chapter or so, I just realized that I have reached 100+ subscribers. This. Is. AWESOME! Thank you all very much for subscribing and following with this story. I really hope I can keep all of you interested until the very end. Anyway, aside from the mushy stuff, this chapter is going to answer a lot of questions that have been constantly asked in the comments. Therefore, I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

 

-Silent_Revolution

The second Tiffany returned to her dorm she was immediately stopped and by her group mates and bombarded by questions.

 

“Omg Fany-ah why didn’t you tell us you were going on a date with Jiyong-oppa!” squealed Taeyeon in shock.

 

“Is there something going on between the two of you that we don’t know about?” asked Sooyoung slyly.

 

“Where did the two of you go?” inquired Hyoyeon with a grin. “Was it a date?”

 

And on it went with each member of the group asking more and more questions. Tiffany was so overwhelmed that she didn’t know where to begin. Thankfully, before she could snap, Sunny stepped n to bring order to the chaos.

 

“Yah, everyone one at a time!” she shouted, instantly bringing the questions to a halt. “She won’t be able to answer anything if you girls keep bombarding her countless questions.”

 

Sending a quick thank you to Sunny, Tiffany sat on one of the couches they had in the living room and prepared herself to answer all their questions. “Okay, for starters I didn’t plan to meet oppa today,” she started, answering Taeyeon’s answer first. “I coincidentally ran into him when I went to grab a cup of coffee before going shopping.” From there, she went on to describe the rest of the day, purposely leaving out the fact that Jiyong had bought her a rather expensive gift.  By the time she got to him driving her back to the dorm, was somewhat parched from all the talking and she ended the story there. “And from there you pretty much know what happened next,” she said as she got up and made for the kitchen to get something to drink. “And to answer your question Sooyoung, no there’s nothing going on between us.”

 

Despite her saying this, Tiffany missed the looks the girls were giving each other which obvious showed that they did not believe that statement for a minute. “Then why did you go out with Jiyong-oppa to his car?” asked Yoona, voicing the question that they all had in their minds. “And why did you come back so happy?”

 

Tiffany, who had been in the midst of drinking from a glass of water, nearly spat out what she had been drinking after being caught off guard by her question. Coughing to clear , she looked back at them with an incredulous look. “After all the bags he carried for me the least I could do is walk him to his car to say good-bye,” she explained a little too quickly. “And of course I’m happy, look at all the shopping I completed today.”

 

Despite not believing her explanations, the girls agreed amongst themselves to let it go for now and busy themselves by looking at what Tiffany had bought at the mall that day. Only one member silently vowed to speak to Tiffany at a later time to ascertain the truth in private.

 

-BREAK-

 

The following days passed in what seemed like a blur as Tiffany spent most of her time texting Jiyong. At first, she was worried that she may have been bothering him during a very busy time in his career. However, that idea soon vanished when it became evident that Jiyong was instigating many of the conversations himself.

 

As promised, he had sent her the mp3 of the song she had listened to in the coffee shop titled “Crooked”. Within minutes it had become one of Tiffany’s most favorite G-Dragon songs of all time. She had played it on replay almost constantly over the past few days and probably would’ve made it her ringtone had it already been released to the public. As of now, Tiffany didn’t want to cause her oppa any problems with its release so she kept the song a secret even from her other members.

 

However, the more listened to the song, the more the lyrics started to make Tiffany think. Although at first she was too caught up in the upbeat tempo of the song, she soon began to notice that the lyrics themselves seem to tell a story and it was these lyrics that were making her wonder.

 

Nothing ever lasts forever
In the end, you changed
There is no reason, no sincerity
Take away such a thing as love
Tonight, I’ll be crooked

Leave me alone
I was alone anyway
I have no one, everything is meaningless
Take away the sugar-coated comfort
Tonight, I’ll be crooked

I scream and get dizzy
I vent out of boredom to other couples
I start fights for no reason like a town gangster
Sometimes, I purposely shake my leg, crookedly
The main characters of the movie called this world is you and me
A lonely island, lost and wandering
The empty streets are filled with those who are alone
Unlike my heart, the weather is so damn nice

I used to believe in you alone and I was happy
But like a joke, I am left alone
You used to promise me with your pinky finger
But in the end

Nothing ever lasts forever
In the end, you changed
There is no reason, no sincerity
Take away such a thing as love
Tonight, I’ll be crooked

Leave me alone
I was alone anyway
I have no one, everything is meaningless
Take away the sugar-coated comfort
Tonight, I’ll be crooked

I’ll put on thick eyeliner, use a whole can of hairspray
Leather pants, leather jacket with a frown
I want to hide my pain and become even more crooked
So you can feel sorry, I’ll spit toward the sky
You’re scared of my crude words and my rough eyes
But actually, I’m afraid, I want to go back but I have nowhere to go
I want to love but no one to love, what am I supposed to do?
I can’t turn it back

I used to believe in you alone and I was happy
But like a joke, I am left alone
You used to promise me with your pinky finger
But in the end

Nothing ever lasts forever
In the end, you changed
There is no reason, no sincerity
Take away such a thing as love
Tonight, I’ll be crooked

Leave me alone
I was alone anyway
I have no one, everything is meaningless
Take away the sugar-coated comfort
Tonight, I’ll be crooked

Will you not say anything for me tonight?
I didn’t know being alone would be this hard (I miss you)
Will you be my friend tonight?
On this good day, this beautiful day, this day where I miss you
Tonight, I’ll be crooked

-Crooked by G-Dragon

It didn’t take long for Tiffany to see that this was a very spiteful love song. It was extremely descriptive to the point where she could picture in her mind a man who was scorned by a person he really loved and became bitter as a result. As a result, she began to wonder why exactly Jiyong would write a song like this. Obviously it wasn’t the first of its kind. Tiffany remembered when “She’s Gone” had been released and found this to be oddly familiar in content.  Therefore, it made her curious if her oppa had experienced this kind of heartache at some point in his life.

 

Like everyone else, Tiffany knew of the women that Jiyong had been rumored to be dating. There was of course 2ne1’s Sandara Park but Tiffany had always had her doubts about that rumor. It wasn’t that they weren’t compatible, for all she knew they very well could be, but dating within a company was always something of a taboo to idols. Idols of the same company were expected to act like a family and therefore dating within the company wasn’t encouraged for fear of the infighting and drama it may bring.

 

The other rumor involved Japanese model Kiko Mizuhara. Due to its reoccurrence from time to time, Tiffany was more willing to believe that there was definitely something going on between the two of them. Could it be possible that she was the girl that scorned Jiyong enough to write songs of that nature? Did she really mean that much to him?

 

“Aish, what’s with all these thoughts,” she said scolding herself. “Get yourself together Tiffany and stop thinking about it.” Unfortunately, as the days went by she found that she in fact could not stop thinking about it and her continued correspondence with Jiyong didn’t help.

 

It was during one of these days of textin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter