Injuries and Pride

The Dragon's Smiling Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: Greetings all! Today is Wednesday April 16th, 2014. It has been some time hasn't it? Hopefully I haven't worried you guys that much with my absence. Unfortunately, the role of a student trumphs my role as an author and I was forced to put this chapter on the back burner for now. I shall be finishing this semester in about five weeks so until then the updates of this story will be kind of all over the place. For that, I really apologize. For now though, I hope this chapter will make up for me being gone and I hope you will all enjoy it.

 

-Silent_Revolution

 

A week later found Tiffany lying lazily on her bed playing games on her phone. The girls had a few lucky days break following a week of hectic scheduling after the weekend of G-Dragon’s concert. While the rest of the girls were hanging out in the living room together, Tiffany had felt like lying down on her bed instead. As she flipped through her phone, she suddenly came upon a picture of her and Jiyong which caused her to smile. There was a rare lull in their texting of one another but only because Jiyong was busy currently performing a concert in Japan. She had wanted to go, but didn’t know about her break until the last minute and instead was stuck waiting for him to call.

 

“Speaking of which it is getting late,” she thought to herself as she glanced over at the clock. “He should’ve been finished long ago.”

 

Suddenly, as if by magic, Yuri came barging into her room calling out to her at the top of her lungs. Tiffany made to scold her but it was caught in when she heard Yuri’s next sentence. “Jiyong-oppa has been hurt!” shouted Yuri as she dragged a stunned Tiffany off the bed. “Articles are popping up all over the internet about it.”

 

By the time the two of them reached the living room, Tiffany was far ahead of Yuri and quickly made her way to the computer that all the girls were surrounding.

 

“G-Dragon gets injured after performing in Osaka”

 

“G-Dragon injures leg at Osaka concert”

 

“Japan tour will continue on schedule despite injuries”

 

The more she read, the sadder Tiffany got until she was practically sobbing as she read the comments left by fans that were present at the concert.

 

“Oppa suddenly just started hobbling on one foot before sitting down.”

 

“It was obvious how much pain he was in.”

 

“The stage performers had to carry him off the stage after the show”

 

“After the concert was over we spotted G-Dragon sitting in a wheelchair being pushed to his van.”

 

T-this is horrible,” sobbed Tiffany. “No wonder he hasn’t called me yet, he must be in so much pain.” Without another word, she bolted to her room in order to retrieve her phone and call him. Seeing that she needed support, Sunny and Seohyun ran after her while the rest of the girls remained behind to talk.

 

Suddenly, Yuri’s phone began to vibrate signaling an incoming call. Looking at the caller ID, Yuri saw that it was Youngbae and quickly answered. “Anyeong oppa,” she greeted worriedly. “We saw the articles about Jiyong-oppa’s injuries.”

 

“Ah news travels fast doesn’t it,” he replied before sighing. “Mianhe Yuri-ah oppa is going to have to postpone our date tonight for another night because I’m going on an emergency trip to Japan.”

 

“Omo is Jiyong-oppa’s injury really that bad?” asked Yuri, putting her phone on speaker so that the rest of her members could listen in. “Aigoo, why does he insist on continuing his concert schedule after getting hurt?”

 

“Well you know how Ji is when it comes to his career,” replied Youngbae. “Actually, I plan on meeting Daesung-ah at the airport and we’ll go together and help Jiyong with his concert.”

 

“Chinja, oppa must feel really bad that he can’t perform to his fullest,” said Taeyeon sadly. “I know how important the fans are to him.”

 

“Hold on, what time are you leaving oppa?” inquired Yuri, suddenly coming up with what she thought was a great idea. “Do you think that the flight you’re on may have some extra seats?”

 

Silence on Youngbae’s end suddenly gave way to a small laugh as he quickly understood what Yuri wanted to do. “As far as I know there are,” he replied. “Although nine spare seats may be a bit of a stretch.”

 

“Oh we didn’t mean all of us would go oppa,” answered Jessica who had also understood what was going on. “We do need to make it seem like we’re still here so we don’t arouse suspicious.”

 

“Tiffany unnie is going for sure,” added Yoona before tapping her chin thoughtfully. “But she should go alone.”

 

“Yah Im Yoona just say you want to go,” said Yuri teasingly which caused the other girls to laugh. “We all know you want to see Daesung oppa so just admit it already!”

 

“Y-yah, that’s not what I meant at all!” stuttered Yoona, thoroughly embarrassed. “Well then you may as well come along too since you want to see Youngbae oppa so badly.” This was definitely a stronger attack as Youngbae was still on the phone and had heard everything. Yuri herself was both too shocked and too embarrassed to reply. Thankfully she was saved from an embarrassing response by Youngbae.

 

“I’m sure Daesung would love to see you Yoona-ah,” he said cheekily. “And it would be nice to have Yuri here too.”

 

“It’s settled then,” said Taeyeon before Yuri could answer yes or no. “We’ll send Yoona and Yuri with Tiffany.”

 

“With me?” came the sudden voice of Tiffany as she entered the room with Sunny and Seohyun in tow. “Where am I going?

 

“To Japan of course,” answered Jessica in English as she stepped forward and pushed Tiffany back towards her room. “Now pali, you need to pack quickly!”

 

"But we can't go to Japan," said Tiffany as she retrieved her traveling case and began to pack the necessities. "We'll get spotted and it'll cause a huge issue."

 

"Yes but that's why not all of us are going," explained Jessica who brought over her toiletries for her to pack. "Only Yoona and Yuri will go with you and you'll meet up with Youngbae oppa at the airport."

 

With most of the questions done, the girls helped her finish packing before moving on to help Yoona and Yuri. Through the power of nine sets of hands, they finished packing within the hour and after a quick touch up they piled into their van and made for the airport.

 

"Make sure you girls disguise yourself well," cautioned Taeyeon during the drive. "You'll be on the same flight as a member of Big Bang so make sure you don't draw attention to yourself. "

 

"As far as I can tell, it's not publicly known that Youngbae is traveling to Japan," said Sooyoung as she went through the internet on her phone. "But definitely be careful regardless."

 

After a few more minutes and a few more cautionary tips from the rest of the group, the van arrived at the airport. Checking over their disguises once more, the three girls bound for Japan said their goodbyes to their fellow members and exited the van. Thankfully the airport wasn't too busy at that time of night so they were able to check in and buy tickets without much fanfare. As they walked towards their flight waiting area they caught sight of a male who was walking in the same direction. Like them he was heavily disguised but it wasn't enough to keep his identity a secret from Yuri.

 

"Oppa," said Yuri when the three of them were close enough to him. "It's us."

 

Youngbae's surprise at being recognized was quickly turned to happiness as he smiled and hugged each girl in greeting. "I'm glad the three of you could accompany me to Japan," he said as they walked towards their flight gate together. "I bet Jiyong will be super happy to see you Tiffany."

 

"Have you been able to contact him oppa?" asked Tiffany worriedly. "I tried multiple times back at the dorm but he hasn't answered a single call."

 

"No, but don't worry I was able to get a hold of his manager who told me he left his phone in the waiting room when they took him to the hospital to get his leg looked at," he replied, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry about it, as far as they know it's nothing more than a sprained ankle at the worst."

 

Although his words were comforting, Tiffany was still anxious to get there as soon as possible. Checking her phone clock she huffed when she realized they would be waiting for about an hour before it would be time for their flight to board. Although this was the earliest flight to Japan that they could get, to Tiffany, it just wasn't fast enough.

 

"So are you and Daesung oppa going to perform in Jiyong oppa's concert?" inquired Yuri as she attempted to pull the topic away from the injury. "Are you prepared since this was so sudden?"

 

"To be honest I'm not," replied Youngbae truthfully as the four idols found chairs near their boarding gate but away from public eye. "I may not be as much as a perfectionist as Jiyong is but that doesn't mean that I don't want to put on any less of a show for our fans." Sitting down on one of the chairs, he set his carryon luggage next to him on the floor and invited the girls to s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter