Love Rivals!

The Dragon's Smiling Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: I HAVE RETURNED! Hello everyone! Today is Friday February 14th, 2014. Happy Valentine's Day to you all. I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day whether you're taken or not. As for myself, I spend the entire day with my girlfriend and that's why I wasn't able to get this out faster than I did. Moving on, I hope you guys are super excited to see who the two love rivals are going to be. It took me awhile to decide because I didn't want them to be so obvious but I couldn't pick random people who have zero ties to JiFany. In any case, don't worry if these aren't the love rivals you were hoping for. These are only the FIRST love rivals out of many. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter and away we go!!!

 

Jiyong was once again hard at work in his studio in preparation for his album. Tiffany was busy with an interview but promised him that she would text him as soon as she finished. For awhile it was just him and his thoughts which were a mixed of music preparation,  Youngbae's words to him, and of course Tiffany. Suddenly a knock came from his door which brought him out of his thoughts. "Come in," he said without looking at the door. Most people at YGent knew not to bother him during times in which he was busy producing music with the exemption of people he had specifically called for. This was one of those cases and there was only one person he knew was going to come see him today.

 

"Hi oppa, " greeted Jennie Kim as she walked into the room and closed the door behind her. "I hope I'm not late or anything."

 

Looking up from his computer, Jiyong smiled at her and patted the chair next to his. "Hey hey Jennie K," he said which was he usual greeting to one of his closest dongsaeng. "Nah you're early actually, come here and sit."

 

Nodding, the young trainee sat next to her oppa and mentor, her hands placed politely on her lap. "Are you sure you want me to be featured in this song oppa?" She asked worryingly, after a bout of silence.  "Wouldn't you rather have someone who's more experienced?"

 

"Yah, are you refusing oppa's request?" demanded Jiyong jokingly. "I happen to know that you accepted Suengri's request to be in his album so why not mine?"

 

"Anniyo oppa I'm not refusing," replied Jennie rather hurriedly. "I just don't understand how you and Seungri oppa can have so much faith in me when I still just a trainee."

 

Chuckling, Jiyong reached over and ruffled her hair in a playful manner. He knew that she disliked when he did that but for some reason he couldn't help it. Since her arrival within the company the two of them had formed a big brother - little sister bond. He had quickly become her music mentor and had even requested that she feature in his One of a Kind album. Although she wasn't overly confident of herself when it came to singing just yet, Jiyong knew of the talent that she possesses and, as a result, was sure she would fit perfectly with this song. "Don't worry," he said reassuringly. "I wouldn't have brought you in today if I didn't think you had the talent to perform the the standards that I'm aiming for." His complement caused Jennie to blush and look away, making him laugh. "Alright then let's get to work," he said as he returned his gaze back to his computer. "Did you read the lyrics and listen to the beat?"

 

And with that, the two began to work in earnest on adding her to his song. As always Jennie was in awe of her oppa's work ethic when it came to producing music. Although he was normally a very easy going person outside of his profession, he had become a perfectionist during the course of his work.

 

"Alright, I think I'm ready to try it out oppa," said Jennie after rereading her lyrics for a couple of minutes. "Shall we record?" With a nod from Jiyong, Jennie got up from her seat and walked over to the small recording room. Entering, she took a deep breath and began to warm up her vocals.

 

"Lets go ahead and do a few practice runs," said Jiyong through the intercom. "Try to get a feel for the beat and match the emotion of the song." Receiving a thumbs up from her, Jiyong started the song and skipped to the part he had chosen for her to step in. "Let's start with the chorus then."

 

*Now Playing: Black by G-Dragon ft. Jennie Kim (English Translation of Chorus)*

People smile with an effort, hiding the truth

As if they’re happy

While hiding the lie in the word love

As if it will be forever

 

 

Looking over after her first attempt, Jennie found her oppa deep in thought as he stared intently into the computer screen. At first she worried that maybe she did do so well. She was about to apologize but Jiyong beat her to it by speaking through the intercom.

 

"I chose the right person for this part," he said as his face broke out into a wide grin. "Not a bad first attempt Jennie-ah." Leaning back on his chair, Jiyong motioned for her to  try again as she replayed her portion of the song.

 

Empowered by her oppa’s praises, Jennie nodded enthusiastically before repeating the verse once more. An hour later and both of the occupants of the room were tired but happy with the progress they have made. Although it wasn’t originally planned, Jennie’s part of the song meshed so well with the original that it didn’t sound right without it.

 

With a content sigh, Jiyong leaned back on his computer chair and rubbed his eyes. “Good work Jennie-ah,” said Jiyong as he sat back up and looked over in her direction. “You really are an amazing singer.” Blushing deeply at his comment, Jennie could only look down at her lap in embarrassment and mumble a quiet thanks. Looking back at his computer, Jiyong cracked his knuckles in preparation to begin putting the final touches on the song. “I can handle the rest of the work,” said Jiyong looking over at his dongsaeng. “Don’t let me keep you here if you have places you’d like to go Jen.”

 

“Now that you mention it, I am kind of hungry oppa,” she answered as she rubbed her tummy ruefully. “Would you like to come with me to the cafeteria for dinner?”

 

Honestly, it was an enticing offer since Jiyong had basically skipped all meals that day in order to work on his music. He was on the verge of accepting that offer but stopped when his phone suddenly vibrated, signaling that he had received a text. Reaching over to his phone he turned it on in order to view the message.

 

To: JiJi-oppa

From: My Brighter than Jewels Tiffany

Yah oppa! Behgopah!!

Will you take me out to dinner??

 

Jiyong fought hard not to laugh at Tiffany’s childish text but couldn’t help smiling at it as he sent a reply.

 

To: My Brighter than Jewels Tiffany

From: JiJi-oppa

Aigoo, how cute!

Arasso, oppa will take you out to dinner.

I’ll pick you up from your appt.  in an hour.

 

After sending out the text, Jiyong returned his phone to his pocket and hot up. “I guess I’ll have to take a raincheck for our dinner this time Jen,” he said as he locked his computer and prepared to leave. “Oppa will take you out to eat next time arasso?”

 

“Aww, alright oppa,” replied Jennie with a hint of disappointment. “I’ll go ahead then.” And with that, the two said their good-byes and went their separate ways, Jiyong to his dorm to change and Jennie to the cafeteria to eat.

 

*Jennie’s Pov*

 

As she made her way to the cafeteria, Jennie’s thoughts revolved around her oppa. Although she had tried not to show it, she was extremely disappointed that he hadn’t come with her to the cafeteria. She did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter