Early Warning?

When You Let Her Go

Kai woke up to Hana in the morning, he smiled and peck her cheeks. He got out and went to the bathroom, he noticed that the everything was so weird. Sunmi's stuff was gone and only his stuff remained. He took a shower and went into the closet, he noticed how little clothes he had compared to Sunmi because after she took all of her clothes, all that was left was a big space and in a corner was his clothes. After he got dressed he went to the kitchen to find Hana making breakfast for them.

"Morning Honey. Sit at the table and wait for me to finish breakfast." 

Kai nods and moves to the table, as he pulls out the chair, he remembers how Sunmi and him went all over Seoul to look for the perfect table. He traces the egde of the table and Sunmi's face pops up in his mind. He shakes his head, "I shouldn't be thinking about Sunmi when I already have Hana." 

Hana pops her head out of the kitchen, "Did you say something?" 

"No, I was just going over my notes for work. Sorry." 

Hana came back but this time with food. "Breakfast is here!" Kai helps her set up the table and they both sat down. Hana suddenly squealed and clapped her hands. 

"Why are you so happy?" Kai asked as he took a bite of the omelet. 

"This is our first breakfast together as an OFFICIAL COUPLE!!!!! YAY!!!" Kai just smiles at her, "silly girl", he thought to himself.

"Now we don't have to sneak around anymore Kai. I'm so happy. I'm so glad that you picked me, I don't know what I would have done if you broke up with me and went back to your ex-girlfriend, which was you current girlfriend until yesterday." 

Since Hana metioned Sunmi, Kai naturally thought of her like, what was she doing, did she sleep well last night, did she eat breakfast yet and more and more questions went through his head. He was cut short by Hana waving her hand in front of his face and saying his name. "Kai, Kai. Hello? Earth to Kai." 

"Oh. Hana. Sorry, I spaced out for a bit." 

"It's okay, honey." Hana leans over and kisses Kai. They finishes their breakfast and gets ready to go to work. 

"Didn't you say that you got a new job Hana?" 

"Oh, yeah. I was gonna tell you the good new. I got a job working at the "Goddess Boutique" in the Empire Mall. It's also close by your work office so we can eat lunch together often and go to work together! Isn't that wonderful?!" 

"Yeah, I guess. So do you want me to drop you off at work then?"

"Yes Duh! Come on lets go!" They both grabbed their jackets and went out. 

"Kai, tomorrow is Christmas, what should we do tomorrow?" 

"Open presents of course dummy." 

"No not just that, let's call all of our friends and celebrate. We should also tell them about the good news too!" 

"Good news? Your new job?" 

Hana smacked Kai on his arm. "No you dummy! About us you know. We're official now!" 

"Fine, fine. Just do whatever you want. Plan it you know." 

The car arrives at the Empire Mall and Hana gets off. 

"Bye Honey" 

"See you later babe." They kiss goodbye and Hana goes into the mall. 

As Kai arrives at his office, his secretary runs to him with a heavy face. 

"Sir! Sir!" 

"What is it Hyolin? Why is your face like that?" 

"There's bad news." 

"Well, tell me what is it?!" 

"It's about the funding. The Jung Company has sent us a letter sayng that it is going to stop providing us with money starting today!" 

Kai was taken back by the news, he stumble backwards and rubs his forehead and starts to think about what could have gone wrong, did he do something wrong? He couldn't think of anything. 

"Give me the letter."  Hyolin hands him the letter with the Jung Company seal on it. "Go back to work Hyolin, I'll deal with this."

Kai goes into his office and sits down at his desk. He looks at the letter again, after rereading for the 15th time, he notice the name "Jang Young Chul". 

"Jang Young Chul. Jang Young Chul. This name is so familiar. Where have I heard it before?"

The memory of Kai meeting Sunmi's father for the first time runs through his head again.

"Kai, this is my father, and daddy, this is Kim Jong In, my boyfriend."

Sunmi's father with no emotions, said,"My name is Jang Young Chul. Nice to meet you."

Kai stands up from his chair.

"He is Sunmi's father! How can I forget that? Is her father doing this because I broke up with his daughter. I need to speak to him." 

Kai walks out of his office and heads to his car.