Breaking Her Heart

When You Let Her Go

"Hello Kai!" 

"Hey Sunmi, can you come meet me at the park near our apartment at 12:30 today?"

"Sure, anything for you. See you then. I love you."

"Yeah I love you too bye."

Kai sighed, he can't believed that he was going to break up with the woman that he has been with for 5 years. They had so much memories together and they been through so much together. He also feels bad about cheating on her too, but he felt that everything has changed between them. No more sparks no more lov-. "Kai! Kai!"   His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a woman calling his name. The door opens and enters the woman that he had been seeing for the past 6 months behind Sunmi's back. That woman's name is Hana, she is beautiful but she reminds him of Sunmi from time to time. 

"You're just right here. Why didn't you answer me back?" 

"Hey baby." 

Hana goes around Kai's office desk and right into his lap. She wraps her arms around his neck and pouts," Are you going to do it today?" 

She was talking about Kai breaking up with Sunmi. "Yeah, I'm gonna do it today. Don't worry 'bout it." Kai reaches out to Hana's face and pulls her in for a kiss. They stop and he looks at the clock, it is 12:10 right now. Hana leans in for another kiss but Kai puts two fingers on her lips.

"It's time for me to go meet Sunmi now."

"Are you going to do it now?" Hana's eyes gleamed with happiness as she gets off of Kai. 

"Yeah." Kai stands up and puts on his jacket.

Hana smiled and says, "Can I go with you? Please." 

"Fine." Kai couldn't resist her cute face, suddenly Sunmi's face pops up. He shakes his head a little bit and holds Hana's hand and walks towards the door. 

Sunmi had already arrived at the park 15 minutes early, her eyes are red and still tearly. She shivers from the coldness, the snowflakes falling lands on her hands. She sees Kai exiting from his car, her eyes shifts to the passenger side and sees a woman. That must be the same woman from the office. Sunmi gets up from the bench and smiles. "You're late." Sunmi pretends to be angry at Kai. "Just kidding." She hugs him, and they just stands for about a minute until Kai pulls away.

"Sunmi-ah, I need to tell you something." 

"Well say it then, I'm right here." 

Kai puts his hands into his pockets and kicks some of the snow on the grounds. 

"I-I-, " He sighs and clears his throat. 

"Sunmi, I'm going to tell  you something very important but at the same time it's going to also be something awful. We have been together for 5 years now, since the 3rd year of high school. I LOVED you really much during the time that we been together but now it seems as if- " 

"Can you just say it already? I already know what you're going to say, I'm just waiting for you to say it." Sunmi was irritagted and annoyed, she already saw and heard everything that happened between Kai and Hana in his office. She knew that he was going to break up with her but he's stalling because he doesn't have to guts to say anything. 

"I know why you called me out here today. Why didn't you just wait until we both went home?"

"I just wanted to-" 

"Is that her over there in your car?" Sunmi cuts Kai off and looks to where Hana was at waiting for Kai. 

Kai follows Sunmi's eyes to his car with Hana in it. 

"Yeah that's her." Kai was nervous because he doesn't know how Sunmi will react to seeing Hana. 

"How long had you guys been dating?" Sunmi looks at Kai with emotionless eyes. 

"About 6 months." 

"So you are going to throw away 5 YEARS for 6 MONTHS?" Sunmi asks Kai with a confused face. She couldn't understand how he could just throw away their relationship of 5 years for another of 6 months. And on top of that he CHEATED on her. 

"And you cheated on me for the last 6 months?" 

" I-, yes I did. I have no reason to deny it." 

"You bet you have no reason to deny it." 

They stand there looking at the ground for what seems like forever, Sunmi breaks the silence. 

"Kai." Kai looks up from the ground and looks at Sunmi face. 

"I just want you to know that today you broke my heart and any trust or faith that I had for you." Kai's heart felt heavy when Sunmi said those words and he didn't know what to say. 

"Can you take me to her?" Kai's eyes almost came out of their sockets. 

"Wh-what?"

Sunmi sighs, "I said I want to meet her. Are you deaf?" 

"I guess." 

Kai leds the way to his car where Hana was waiting. As Hana saw them coming closer her face become overwhelmed with surpise and terror. She didn't know what was going to happen next. Kai knocks on the window and signals Hana to come out. Hana gets out of the car and bows to Sunmi. 

"Hello, I'm Hana." 

Sunmi bows back and says, "No need for introduction, I already know who you are." 

"Well, okay th-" Hana was cut off by Sunmi slapping her. Hana touched her cheek where Sunmi's hand landed, it was warm and the touch of her hand was still there. Kai quickly goes to Hana's side.

"Are you okay Hana? Sunmi, why did you do that?" Kai didn't think that Sunmi was a violent person.

"That, Hana-shi was for being with Kai even when you knew that he was with me. And this," Sunmi slaps Kai. " That was for cheating on me, breaking my heart and the pain that came from that slap didn't even come close to the pain that you give me. Leaving me alone those nights, not caring, losing faith in our love and for throwing away our love carelessly. You guys deserves more slaps than that. The two of you disgusts me." Sunmi wipes her tears. "I'll move out before you come back from work." 

Sunmi turns and starts walking away, Kai stops her. 

"Sunmi, do you think you can forgive me?" 

"No. I don't think I can right now, maybe a bit of time can change that. Well good bye Kai." 

Sunmi continues walking and Kai just watches her, he was watching the woman he loved for 5 years walk away from him. His heart felt like something heavy has been lifted off but at the same time he also felt like something was tugging at his heart. He watched Sunmi go until she turned the corner and was gone. 

"Let's go Kai." 

Hana pulls Kai into the car and they drive off. The drive back was silent Kai wasn't going to forget this day, this day he broke her heart, December 23.