Revenge

High School Diary

Dear diary,

Today, I finally know everything. I finally know what kind of relationship So Hyun and Oh sunbaenim have. So Hyun finally told me everything.

After she calmed down, we decided to pass one class after the break. It doesn’t hurt, according to Sang Hyuk, since our teacher wasn’t coming (it was PE class, actually) and yes So Hyun could calm down a bit. Sang Hyuk and Hye Ri texted me that Oh sunbaenim obviously was searching for us but they didn’t answer his questions about our (or maybe So Hyun’s) whereabouts.

“So, are you ready to tell me everything?”

“I think so. You suddenly know that I and him are neighbors, so I think the secret is safe with you.”  She sighed, “we were couple since he was in seventh grade and I was in sixth grade. Our parents are friends and we practically went everywhere together. We usually have our summer holiday together. However, our parents don’t know about our relationship.

“I attended all-girls junior high school while he attended normal one, and there he met Kim Jong In sunbaenim. They instantly became friends and he knew me too. He is kind but you know, a jock. A true jock who likes to tease other people and a short-thinker person. He sometimes doesn’t realize that his jokes hurt people, and I can see it until now.

“Our relationship was okay until he entered this school. He got the invitation with Kim Jong In sunbaenim because of their achievement in basketball. He met her then, in this school.”  She tried to hold back her tears and I just grabbed her hand and tried to calm her.

“She obviously was smitten to him, and he wanted to tell her about our relationship, but I asked him not to do it since I wanted to go to this school to be together with him. You know Park Soo Jung sunbaenim; she can use her power to reject any new students here and I didn’t want my high-school life would feel like in hell. So I really begged him not to tell it and just pretend that we didn’t know each other. I really wanted to go to this school, Na Eun-ah, just for me to be with him.

“But he betrayed me. He somehow was fallen for her and I couldn’t do anything. I figured out he was two-timing us when I just have studied here for couple months. He didn’t even try to explain everything and just said sorry. I couldn’t stand it, so I cut everything. I even deny that I know him in school and pretend to be just a stranger to him. I know I have my part; I asked him not to tell everyone and this is the result. I should know that no one could ever resist her; she is beautiful, clever, socialite, elegant; she has everything that I don’t have and those which are suitable for him, for becoming the Queen of the King. Since then I also deny to know Ha Young. She is kind but I can’t compromise everything. I don’t want to be number one enemy in this school and I only can do this.”  She then cried. I was so shocked and dumbfounded after hearing her story. How could he? How could he just let go his three-years-and-more girlfriend only to get the Queen? I feel like I want to loath him.

Seeing So Hyun like this is aching my heart. She always looks fierce, like she has no fears to everyone here, but inside her, she always feels insecure. She always feels like she is not beautiful and pretty (I think she said that, right?) I always idolize her for her braveness but now I really feel like she is just a normal girl like me.

I patted her back as she cried, “but days ago, he was so kind to me. I was sick, as you know, and he treated me well, personally. He then said that he would break up with her. I can’t lie; I believed him….but….he….”

“Shussh, just cry. I know you have to cry; you deserve to cry,”  I said that to her. I hugged her and I could feel her tears in my uniform, “let it go, So Hyun-sshi. You deserve to cry.” 

But then I know what I have to do. The first thing is to talk to Jong In oppa. He is my only way to get closer to that bastard (I am sorry but you will know my feeling after you see your first friend in school is crying because of that , sorry, but not sorry). So I searched him after PE class (So Hyun pretended to have sick and went to infirmary). I know where his class is because Hye Ri told me.

Yes, I told my two other friends about my plan and they said they would be okay if this plan wouldn’t hurt anyone. But I know this will hurt everyone.

I looked into his class. He was seating with the King (now I call him DK, the King) and laughing with him. DK was sitting with Soo Jung sunbaenim gave him strawberries or something (I don’t even want to know more because it sickened me) and I approached him.

“Jong In oppa,”  I called him once I got there. He looked shocked (his friends too) but then he smiled, “Na Eun-ah? Why are you here? Don’t you have class? Oh yeah, I didn’t see you earlier with So Hyun-sshi. Where were you two?”  I could see that DK knew me as he looked to me closely. I bit my lip and regret was in my mind, but I didn’t care after I saw how sick Soo Jung sunbaenim was. She was laughing and flirting with no guilty. I really hate her.

I took his hand, and everyone was silent instantly. He still looked so shocked, “I need to talk to you, just the two of us, ASAP.”

“Why?”

“I just need to talk to you; no questions asked.”  I know I became so fierce and rude suddenly, but I don’t want to see So Hyun cried again. I haven’t told you all of her kindness but she is an important person to me.

“O….kay. Se Hoon-ah, tell the teacher I am sick if he comes, okay?”

“No problem,”  Instead of DK, Lu Han sunbaenim answered him, “just have fun. She is a cute girl.”  I knew what inside his mind but I just ignored it. I could kick him later.

“Where do you want to go?”  he asked after we reached the hall. I shook my head, “I don’t know. Perhaps you know where we can talk privately and no one can hear us?”

He nodded, “I know.”  He then grabbed my hand and dragged me until the backyard. I didn’t know that place could be so calm, since every single place (beside that dead-end place) is very crowded with students and teachers.

“Let’s sit here.”  He took me under a big tree and sat there. I followed him; he looked to me closely and I knew he was worried about me. He noticed that I looked so pissed and angry, “okay. What happened? You look so different now. Is something bothering you?”

“Oppa, I need your help.”

“Sure. Is this related to subjects in school? Does one of the teachers give you bad scores? Or is his homework difficult so you need my help?”

I shook my head, “no. I need your help to revenge two certain people.”  He gasped and his eyes were about to pop out, “wait, what? Revenge? Who hurt you?”

“No one, but your friend and his girlfriend just hurt So Hyun and I am angry. They have been torturing her for all this time and I want to make sure they know how she feels.”

“Sehunnie and Soo Jung-sshi? What did he do to her now?”

“I know you know their history; So Hyun just told me.”

“Well, you talked about getting revenge so I know you know their history, but tell me, what did Se Hoon do to So Hyun-sshi? Was he giving his promise to break up with Soo Jung?”  How did he know that?

“Yes, how did you—“

“I know it.”  He cut me down and sighed, “he has been talking about it since our senior year began.  He wants to go back to her but she always ignores her. He thinks that she hasn’t forgiven him so he just lets it go.”  I blinked my eyes, “are you telling the truth?”

“Yes, as far as I know, he has told me that. What has really happened, Na Eun-ah?”

“It’s because he had told her that he wanted to break up but today we just saw them literally ate each others’ faces.”  Jong In sighed and cursed in his breathing. “That dumb kid. That .” Oh wow, I and he now have one thing in common: we do think DK is .

“Wait,”  he then stopped cursing, “is this the reason why you two were missing during PE class?” 

“Yes.”

“God, I should know earlier. If you told me before the class, I could punch Sehunnie in his face.”

“Oppa, what do you mean?”

“Se Hoon is a slow-thinker. You see, people who have genius brains usually are bad at social skills,”  I actually wanted to laugh since he told me with his serious face and he just mocked his friend, his best friend, to be exact, “he really can’t figure out what he wants. He likes both of the girls and he clearly can’t make any choice over it. That is why I call him because he is basically a dumb guy.

“He shouldn’t promise something that he can’t make now. I always ask him not to hurt them both, since, well, even though Soo Jung-sshi is a , she loves him dearly, as well as So Hyun. I always tell him to be wise, but see? He is not wise at all.”

I grasped his explanation about the relationship, and I decided Jong In oppa is the best ticket in the world.

He told me about their relationship on his side of view. He told me on how DK is confused on choosing and dealing with two girls and how Soo Jung sunbaenim’s grip is too tight on him. Apparently, their parents have met too, and there is sign that they will go together to America after they graduate. So it looks like they will be together for the rest of their lives but DK is still a as he still can’t make his heart.

“Thank God I am not like him!”

“Oppa, I just have a plan but I think I have to remake it again.”

“That revenge plan right? What did you intend to do?”

“I wanted to make them suffer together, but now, I think I will not do that unless I can prove that DK is a real player.”

“Wait….DK?”

“ King.”  He then laughed so hard, “you have already given him a nickname? Wow! I have never thought you are like this, Na Eun-ah!”

I just stared to him since I thought that time was an important one. I couldn’t even smile and he laughed and rolled on the grass, literally.

“Okay. I can see your sulky face. What do you want? What is this plan?”

“I wanted to search a guy who will be with So Hyun, just for posing. I think it can hurt him like he has hurt her, but I think he—“

“Hey! That is actually a good idea! You can search a guy who, well, want to take part of it….wait…..don’t say—“

“I thought that guy would be you. It must be hurt to see your best friend takes your previous girl.”

“Wait!”  He shouted, “I really want to smack his head but I don’t want to be the backstabber! No way! Besides, I have already had a girlfriend.”  I really forgot that fact, sorry, “and Se Hoon will know instantly that we are just faking it since he has known me for a long time and I know their history, so no. And have you talked about this to her? To So Hyun-sshi?” 

I realized my plan was so abrupt that I didn’t think about many possibilities. Why didn’t Sang Hyuk and Hye Ri smack my head before I ran into Jong In oppa? I felt so stupid as I shook my head.

He face palmed.

“We need to think this through, Na Eun-ah,”  he stated, “I am joining the plan but we need to have a good strategy, and if you want to listen to me, tell So Hyun-sshi about this plan. She needs to know or things will get complicated than before.”

Silence. I really thought that statement until a voice heard, “I think I can help you all with an idea.” 

We looked so shocked and we searched everywhere. There was nobody there and that time was studying time; students and teachers should be in class.

 A head came out from the other side of the tree and I shrieked (since I faced that direction). Jong In oppa looked back and shouted, “BYUN BAEK HYUN?”

“I am so sorry, but it is strange for Son Na Eun, the upcoming straight-A student, didn’t come to two classes straightly. And I heard from my sources in your class, Kim Jong In sunbaenim, that Son Na Eun-sshi just took you out from your class. This tree is well-known for talking secretly among students so I went here and I heard everything.”  He smiled evilly and I just wanted to curse myself. Of course, Byun Baek Hyun is one of the gossip gank and he can be everywhere where people are usually sharing their secrets.

I could see Jong In oppa wanted to yell at him but he held it.

“What do you want? What do you mean by ‘I think I can help you all with an idea’? Don’t you just want to annoy us, or even spread fake news that I and Na Eun-ah are together?”

“People begin to talk like that, Kim Jong In sunbaenim, so beware and prepare yourself to explain everything to your dear Yu Ra.”  I got really scared because Byun Baek Hyun-sshi looked so evil, “And I think you want to know there is a guy in this school who can be the decoy for So Hyun-sshi.”

“Why do I have to believe you?”

“It’s because I am his friend and he likes my best friend but he is afraid to tell the truth since the girl always ignores her. Let’s just say he wants to see her reaction if he goes out with So Hyun-sshi. And yes if you don’t accept my idea, I will tell the whole school about Oh sunbaenim and So Hyun-sshi. They will be completely mad at you two and you two will have no friends left, not to mention Park Soo Jung sunbaenim will chase you two until the end of the world.

Kim Jong In sunbaenim, you surely don’t want to taint your senior year, right? You do want to go to Kyunghee so I remind you that you can’t be reckless about your year here.”  I could hear he held his breath, “and you, Son Na Eun, you are still new here. Are you sure you want to rest your year here with complete bullying and harassment from The Plastic and its’ followers? I don’t think so.”

He really threatened us. We looked to each other and cursed our own stupid action.

“Okay. Tell me your idea.”

“The man you need to contact is your own cousin.”

“Joon Myeon-ah? Why?”

“He likes my friend but he is just like other nerds. He is afraid to reveal his feeling and rather feeling safe to know her feelings toward him first.”

“What? Who is the girl?”

“You will know later once you try to talk to her. In the meantime, we need to focus on making a good plan first.”

“We? You just threatened us and you expect us to accept you?”

“Do you still want everyone to know the content of your previous conversation?”  We panicked and Jong In oppa took his hand to prevent him from running and screaming.

“Okay, you are in. Who are other members?”

 

 

 

Dear diary,

We decided to go to their houses. Yes, they are So Hyun and DK. Jong In oppa and Joon Myeon sunbaenim (whom I just met earlier today after we all agreed that we would go with this mad plan) would go to DK’s while I and Sang Hyuk and Hye Ri would go to So Hyun’s. At first, Sang Hyuk and Hye Ri got shocked because of the location of their houses, which are really side-by-side.

“Okay, you go tell her about our plan, and I and Joon Myeon-ah will see how his reaction if we mention about the topic.”  The topic was about So Hyun was going out with somebody else. We just wanted to bait them.

We entered her house to find her beaming mother and an adorable younger brother.

She looked so shocked but Hye Ri crossed her hand in front of her chest as she asked on how we got there, “why? Don’t you think your rest of friends can’t know where you live? We want to see your house since Na Eun suddenly knows you more than us.”  Hye Ri looked pissed, and I could understand that. She was sulking since I told them about their history together. She befriends her longer than me, but I know the truth earlier than her.

“I am sorry,”  So Hyun said, “I don’t think about it more. I just want to close it as soon as possible and less people know, I will not get hurt more.”

She then sobbed. I could see she was so devastated. I didn’t know how deep her feeling for him is but she is hurt because of that DK, the King. He can’t even choose between his hot and gorgeous girlfriend and his first love (I know this from Jong In oppa; he told us when we were all making the plan), and this girl was crying for him.

“It’s okay, So Hyun-ah,”  Sang Hyuk patted her back, “We actually understand but we just want to hear it from you. We are your friends and we respect your decision, right?”  Hye Ri nodded and hugged her. I just sat there and smiled. They are so close, the weird group yet the most loving one that I have ever seen.

“So, what do you guys want? Do you want juices?”

“Well, we are here to talk to you about a plan.”

“What? What plan?”

“You see,”  Sang Hyuk said as I and Hye Ri looked to him. He was the suitable one to talk about this plan, “we need your help. Actually, Kim Joon Myeon sunbaenim needs your help.”

“What for?”

“He likes someone but he wants to test her first. He wants to see whether the girl likes him back or not. He needs your help to pretend to be his girlfriend, So Hyun-ah.” 

 

That’s it. That is the plan that we revealed a bit to her. We obviously couldn’t reveal that we wanted to make DK suffer, right?

I mean, we want to make DK realizes who the girl in his heart is.

I still can’t erase the thought that this would bring suffering to him. 

 

 

 


I decide to write Suho's name as Joon Myeon. I like it more, I don't know. It's like I like to write Se Hoon instead of Se Hun. 

and now I present you the full-of-hate and angry Na Eun! She is innocent and calm but once you poke her she can be a monster, hahahaha :DDD, and also the vulnerable and babycry So Hyun. She always looks fierce (to me in my imagination) so I think I need to show this side to you all. 

And can you predict who the girl that Joon Myeon likes is? Go comment then :DDD hahahaha

 

@leenaeun: jongin is a slow-thinker too but he doesn't realize it :p and yes naeun is innocent but from this chapter, you will see how wicked she can be :) introvert people could be so vengeful sometimes (I am too like that sometimes :p *showing evil smile*)

@TheHannaMymiLicous: thank you for the compliment! The innocent story will change a bit, I think. and about sehoon and naeun, do you mean those two in my story or in real life (sehun-naeun? seeun, everyone? *I just made that couple name instantly haha....I don't even know it is existed or not*)? Since they are in same age and went to same school together (but her senior was really kai, if I am not mistaken), I think about that possibility. I have updated some of them :) 

 

and for others, thank you for keep subscribing this story (since I have found some of my ongoing stories lost their subscribers, I am sad....should I make every stories of mine 'subscribers only'? I did that to Decoy Groom (it's yoonhun, if you want to check, here, but I recently made it not private again since my friends in my circle want to review but they don't have AFF account) but I feel not liking it, I don't know why. 

 

Please comment since your comment can give me insight on how you guys see this story, also you can give critics to me. They are all accepted :) 

 

thank you, 

XOXO