Got Slimed

High School Diary

Dear Diary,

So Hyun really looked so shocked upon hearing our plan.

“Wait, so you want me to pose as Kim Joon Myeon sunbaenim’s person of interest to make a certain girl jealous of us? Are you kidding me? Have you all drunk…I don’t know, wine or soju or something likes those?”

“Calm down, So Hyun-ah,”  Sang Hyuk tried to make her calm down, “he really needs your help. He has no idea about how to make that girl interested on her. He doesn’t ask you to be his legal girlfriend. He just needs your help to make that girl know she has competitor.”

“Wait, come again? So this girl knows his feelings?”

“How could she not know? We are talking about Jung Eun Ji here,”  Hye Ri stated. Yes, the girl that Kim Joon Myeon sunbaenim likes is Eun Ji. Well, we don’t know whether Eun Ji-sshi knows his feelings or not, but we had to tell lies in order to convince So Hyun to join this masquerade.

“Oh My God, he really likes her? I thought it was just my imagination; our imagination, to be exact.”

“Eh, what?”  That time, I was the one who got shocked.

“Well, we have discussed this way before you moved to the school, Na Eun-ah,”  Sang Hyuk explained, “we have already suspected that he likes her, and that’s why he joined the campaign to become Student Body President, and he fortunately won.”

“He really wants her to see him badly. Poor him. He is so shy just like his geek members,”  So Hyun added, “so, Eun Ji-sshi has known his feeling to her?”

“Yeah, according to our recources, she has known it.”

“Mind to tell me who ‘our resources’ are?”

“Uh….Baek Hyun-sshi?”

“I got it. If he tell, it is much likely true.”

“So, what do you think?”  Hye Ri asked her.

“I need to talk to him privately. You can’t just expect me to say yes immediately.”  I smiled upon hearing her answer. We had predicted that she would answer like that.

“He is at your neighbor’s house with Kim Jong In sunbaenim. We can wait for them to come out. Mind if we play with you and your little brother at the garden?”

And so, we were playing together for several hours (these boys were talking a lot, I think) until three of them came out.

“Sunbaenim!”  Sang Hyuk screamed after he saw Kim Joon Myeon sunbaenim. He is an active student body’s member, so he really can become so hype after seeing the president.

“Hey! Are you guys waiting for long?”  he asked and Sang Hyuk nodded like he was a obedient puppy.

And So Geun, So Hyun’s little brother, who played with me and Hye Ri for some time, suddenly ran into the next house and screamed, “Se Hoon hyung! Long time no see!”

Wow, that kid idolizes DK, no kidding.

DK smiled to him and lifted him, as he circled his little hands into DK’S neck. He really attached to DK. “Long time no see too, So Geun-ah. How are you?”

“I am fine! I just play with those beautiful noonas!”  Well, even if it was a kid called me beautiful, I felt happy nonetheless.

“Really? Where is your noona then?”

“I am here,”  So Hyun answers back but her face was remained stoic with senseless gaze. She used that mask again.

“Noona! You look scary!”

“I don’t care!”

“Hey,”  Jong In oppa interrupted, “have these guys told you?”

“Yes.”  She answers with simple one. Jong In oppa smiled and then signed to Kim Joon Myeon sunbaenim, “can we talk in private then, Kim So Hyun-sshi?”  He talked with this gentle voice that I really think that he is blessed with that *how can Eun Ji-sshi not notice him at all?*  and then he and So Hyun left the scene with certain eyes following them.

“Noona has boyfriend now!”

“Shut up!” So Hyun still could hear So Geun’s shout and she replied back as she walked into the porch of her house.

“You are so cute, So Geun-ah!”  Jong In oppa talked again, “Well, I think I have to go home now. My mother will be freaked out if I don’t go home before dinner. You know her, right, Sehunnie?”

“Uh? What did you just say?”  He clearly was distracted.

“I said that I wanted to go home now. Na Eun-ah, will you come with me or you want to stay here longer?”  I saw my watch, and I knew I was about to late too. My mother would be angry and Yun Ho would probably spread false news that I was on a date with Jong In oppa (since he knew where I went; I told him so that he could told my mother).

“We will be here longer,”  Hye Ri stated, “I have something to say to So Hyun first.”

“I will accompany her. You can go home with Kim Jong In sunbaenim,”  Sang Hyuk added. I nodded to them and went out from the scene, of course, without forgetting the curious and annoyed face from DK’s face.

We walked into the nearby bus shelter and waited for the bus. We were not alone; there were several other people, but none of them were students like us.

“So, what do you think?”  Jong In oppa asked me.

“I think it would be great. He really looked pissed.”

“I saw that too. Are you sure this would work out?”

“Why are you asking this thing again? We all know there will be complications but we know if those happen, we can just hope the best will come out.”

“Yeah, but still….”  He scratches his nape. “I had looked into his face and I could see he wasn’t happy, especially after he heard what Joonie said.”

“What did he say?”

“He said that he liked one of the juniors, which is right, and then we got to do our work, which was making So Hyun and Joonie together alone, and his face darkened.”

“That is what we want, right? We want to make him know his real feelings before it’s too late.”

“You are full of surprise, you know?”  He spoke, “I had no idea before that you will be this….ruthless? I don’t know the words, but you are so no ordinary girl. I thought you would be this quiet, nice, shy, clever, introvert girl, but now you show that you are not just that kind of girl.”

I couldn’t help but feel something was happened in my heart. He talked like that with sincere smile. My mind suddenly became puzzled.

We looked to each other until a bus came and we realized we should take that bus. He then suddenly took my hand and dragged me into the bus.

I felt my cheeks were hot and I knew they were red. I felt tenderness and calmness with his hand holding mine. I shouldn’t have this kind of feeling; he has a girlfriend, for God’s sake!

And I can’t compromise having another feeling in this giant plan of ours. That is a big no.

He guided me so we sat next to each other at the back of the bus. He put himself in the middle so that I could sit in the window seat. I didn’t know what he meant by that (I mean, I thought there was no meaning) until I saw a pissed-looking middle aged man was sitting next to him. He glanced to me several times but Jong In oppa blocked him and smiled to him when they were staring to each other. He kept holding my hand, and I knew he was just trying to protect me from that possibly ert man.

We got out at the nearby bus shelter from our apartment and he kept holding my hand.

“Uh, oppa? Maybe you could release me.”

“No until we arrive at the front of the apartment. Don’t you see that ert man next to me at the bus? I don’t want him to snatch you once I release you.”  He said that with angry tone and I could feel his grip was tighter. I just kept my silence and glanced back just to make sure no one was following us.

He kept doing it until we really arrived at the lobby. He glanced back and then he released me. He sighed, “that man was looking so…UGH!”  I still kept my silence so he looked to me with worried look.

“Are you okay? Did he hurt you? Did he get to you?”  I shook my head. “What happened then?”

“Nothing happened, oppa. Thank you for worrying about me.”  Truthfully, my heart was about to explode that I was so afraid to see his face or even talk to him. I was afraid that he could see my red face and felt the thumping of my heart. I was so afraid if he could see that I was like this to him.

So I bowed to him and got into the elevator even before he couldn’t realize that I went up by myself. As the elevator went up, I took my breath properly again. My heart was thumping so loud; I could still hear it until I got into my floor. I went (ran, I mean; I literally ran) into my family’s unit and enter the pass code fast before he caught me. I slammed the door and tried to take my breath properly again.

But my mother was there and she looked to me suspiciously.

“What is happening? Why are you looking like someone who just ran from someone?” 

“Uh, no, Mom. I was just afraid that I would be late.”

“You obviously are, young miss. Yun Ho told me that you went out with Kim family’s son. Is that right?”  I sent my death glare to my little brother, who kept doing his thing like he didn’t do anything wrong.

“Na Eun-ah, tell me, is that right?”

“Yes, we went together, but not just us. My friends and his were coming too. We were visiting one of our friends who got sick several days ago. It’s just that.”

“And where is he?”

“He has gotten into his unit. I want to take a bath, Mom.”  I dismissed myself and walked immediately to bathroom when I was ready. The water gave me this fresh sensation and inside the shower I thought about what happened today. I was so on fire on doing revenge to DK but just after that I became weak girl when I had to be together with Jong In oppa alone.

Do I love him?

No, Na Eun! You can’t love him! He has already got a girlfriend; a nice-looking and same class (you know what I mean right?) with him. Seeing what happened to So Hyun and DK made me thinking that it would never work out. Love between invisible girl and well-known guy has big possibility that it would never work out. I don’t want to be So Hyun in my life; I have to always wear a strong mask when I have to hide my scar. I just want to live my high school’s life in normal way.

I just want to help So Hyun so that’s why I mingle with Jong In oppa now. I can’t mix other feelings into this matter. No way can I do that! Remember that, Son Na Eun!

As I got out from the bathroom, Yun Ho was holding a phone to me.

“What?”

“Someone called you. She said her name is Kim So Hyun.”  So Hyun called! I took it and answered back, “hello?”

“Hi. I just want to tell you that I agree.”

“You….what?”

“I agree to pose as Kim Joon Myeon sunbaenim’s person of interest or whatever he calls. He really needs help and I am afraid if we don’t help him, he could be crazy for Eun Ji-sshi. I want to help him, but, remember that this is just a pose, okay? If Eun Ji-sshi has already shown her jealousy I will retreat back.” 

I nodded and smile appeared in my face. “And don’t forget to tell that to Baek Hyun-sshi. You guys are the one who have to told him, I don’t want to be seen mingle with him before I could probably break his best friend’s heart.”

“Okay. I will tell him.”

 

 

 

Dear diary,

Besides the fact that I avoided Jong In oppa for today, Kim Joon Myeon sunbaenim and So Hyun had made their move from this morning. Joon Myeon sunbaenim waited for her in front of the gate (like in those shoujo manga) and smiled upon seeing her. She arrived together with DK and his sister because they took same bus (don’t ask me where the chauffeur was) and of course they saw the scene.

Sang Hyuk was the reporter to me and Hye Ri about what happened. He was so excited when he told us; even Byun Baek Hyun-sshi joined us with his friend, Kim Jong Dae sunbaenim (who personally ran from his chemical class to our class).

“So, how was it?”

“His face was red of anger! He looked like he wanted to rip Kim Joon Myeon into two parts!”

“How’s Eun Ji-sshi, then?”  We could ask that because she wasn’t in the class.

“She looked like she was okay but I know she was a bit sad. She just has to be pushed more before she realizes it.”

“Wait, so she really likes him? It’s not just our imagination and lies?”  Hye Ri asked the two.

“She didn’t tell us the whole,”  Kim Jong Dae sunbaenim explained, “but we can suggest that she has some special feelings for him.”

“Wow! This is so fun! We actually should do this more!”

We were smiling to our plan. We really thought that it went well.

“SON NA EUN! IS THERE SOMEONE HERE NAMED SON NA EUN??”  A voice was heard and we all looked to the source. There was Park Soo Jung sunbaenim in front of our class.

I gulped. This was not good at all. How could she find out? Did she suspect everything? Did she know the truth? Why was she seeking for me?

“Where is she? Tell me!”  Hye Ri nudged me and I stood up. “I am here, sunbaenim.”

“Good. Follow me.”  I was so scared and trembling as hard as I walked into the door and met her personally. She looked scary even though I must say she is a beautiful girl.  She has this ‘ice’ look and I know it is not just a look.

“Come on.”  Turns out Choi Jin Ri sunbaenim and Bang Min Ah sunbaenim were there too. People were whispering and talking about it. I could hear that.

They took my hand and dragged me into a specific place called their HQ. Yes, their cheerleader team’s headquarter. There were a lot of girls there; mostly were cheerleader squad’s member. They looked as scary as Park Soo Jung sunbaenim. However, I didn’t see Ha Young-sshi.

“Sit. Down. Now.”  I sat down quickly and just looked into the floor.

“Tell me,”  Park Soo Jung sunbaenim began, “what is your relationship with Jong In?”

“What?”  I shrieked after she asked that. I was thinking that she knew the whole thing between So Hyun and DK and knew too about my plan which could ruin her relationship with him. So, when she asked me a very different question, I was surprised.

“Why are you asking back? Answer me!”  She slammed the locker behind me and I was trembling again.

“I….I am…his….his neighbor….sunbaenim….”

“YOU ARE LYING!”  Someone in that room yelled. I looked into the source and it was coming from Yu Ra sunbaenim. “You are his affair, right? Everyone is talking about that!”

“No! Sunbaenim! I am not lying! I am only his neighbor.”

“Then why were you two holding hands in the bus yesterday?”  asked Choi Jin Ri sunbaenim. I was so sure no one in our school was there, so how could they know?

“Don’t you think we don’t know, Son Na Eun,”  Park Soo Jung sunbaenim talked again, “you are new but you have searched many troubles. You are messing with my friend here; that means you are messing with me! Now tell us why you two were holding hands!”

“We….he….there was a…ert…and he was….protecting me along the way….that’s it, sunbaenim.”

“She is lying! I can see she has feelings for him from the first time we met!”  Yu Ra sunbaenim yelled again, and then she sobbed. I was so scared and lost here. What was happening and whys were on my head.

Her friends soothed her, “hey, do you want to know why we do this?”  Bang Min Ah sunbaenim finally talked, “it’s because this morning he broke up with Yu Ra and said that he didn’t have feelings for her! Do you know how hurt is it? How humiliating is it?”

“What does he see in you, huh?”  Another girl was screaming to me. Her stare was sharp. “you are just a mere little girl who acts like she is clueless and helpless. You know boys like that kind of girl, and so you use it right? You used it to Cha Hak Yeon, that geek, and now you try it to Jong In too. You are shameless!”

I was speechless. I didn’t know what to say or think. Part of me thought that it was wrong, but another part said that it could be right.

I didn’t know what to think again when they held my arm and dragged me mercilessly again. They put me in the middle of the field and then poured me with slime. Green slime, to be exact.

I didn’t know where they got that but I felt disgusted of myself. And they were laughing.

“Take that, you ! If you ever appear in any of our lives, you will face worse thing than this!!!!”  I just sat there without doing any movement when they were leaving me alone. I couldn’t hold up my tears again and so I was crying. I was so afraid that it could happen to me yet it really happened.

“Hey! What happened to you?”  I heard a voice and when I looked up, I saw a scary-looking guy…guys, I mean. I knew one of them is Wu Yi Fan sunbaenim, but the other one, I didn’t know.

“She must get slimed by those girls, Tao, help me to take her to basketball HQ. They have the remedy there.”

What? What remedy? But I didn’t move as the one named Tao took me and carried me with bridal style. I buried my face into his shoulder and held my tears as hard as I could. And then I finally arrived in a room and everyone was gasping.

“What the hell?”

“Your girlfriend was on the move. This girl is not the target.”  I could predict that Wu Yi Fan sunbaenim talked to DK, and that means….

“NA EUN? NA EUN-AH, IS THAT YOU?” 

Yep, Jong In oppa was there too. 

 

 

 


I am back! And Naeun is confused with her feelings where she has to make the big plan happens well. She is like a confused golden fish in aquarium, don't you think? hehehehe

@leenaeun: is this surprising you too? hehehehe, I go back to Naeun's feeling and yes they are tangled so bad in this story :) 

and for others, thank you so much for waiting!

Please comment! Thank you

 

 

 

XOXO