They are Dating!

High School Diary

Dear Diary,

After the guy named ‘Tao’ put me down into a chair, basketball team members were all around me. I could see their male manager (his name is Zhang Yi Xing, right?) brought a bucket and it was full of water….or so I thought.

“This is not an ordinary water,”  DK said; he also held a medium-sized towel, “this is our secret weapon to erase that green thing from you.”

He swept the green slime thing on my face. He looked really concerned and serious. At one point, I felt terrible for my plan but my heart told me to stay still. This is for So Hyun. She deserves to get her revenge…..or moreover, she deserves to be loosened from that sick relationship. She needs to know if she can really forget about him or not.

Every member looked worried, and sometimes, they glanced to Jong In oppa. I could see his anger face. He just sat at the corner with Lee Hong Bin sunbaenim near him. He must be sitting there to prevent Jong In oppa to run and be wild.

“Okay.”  DK had finished wiping out the slimes out of my face and hands. He handed me the towel so that I could wipe the rest from my feet.

“This is Ha Young’s uniform. She usually brings this just in case she is so sweaty after the cheerleader practice and she forgets to bring the replacement,”  Zhang Yi Xing sunbaenim talked and he handed me clean uniform. “You can use our bathroom.”

“Thank you.”  I walked into the bathroom. My hair was so dirty and it was glued to the slime. Clearly, I had to take a shower first. Good thing, though, basketball team members always leave their bath equipment and essentials there. I took some of them.

After I got shower, they were all still there and sitting quietly. I didn’t know what they were waiting for but then the door was barged. Gossip gank with my friends were there and they looked so worried.

“Why are you here, President?”  Bang Yong Guk asked to Kim Joon Myeon sunbaenim, who supposed to be the best student in school, which means he should be at the class at that time. He skipped the class, just like these people and me.

“I heard about it. This is my matter too.”

“Na Eun!”  So Hyun screamed and she approached me. “Oh My God, what has she done to you?”

“She poured her with green slime.”  Hye Ri looked so angry and she was about to get out. Thankfully, Kim Jong Dae sunbaenim was the one who was the closest to the door so he held her to calm her down. Baek Hyun-sshi and Eun Ji-sshi were there too and they looked so shocked. “Son Na Eun is the next victim? But why?”

“Do you at any chance, get closer to Oh Se Hoon sunbaenim?”

“What?”  Basketball team was screaming and Baek Hyun slapped his own mouth. Eun Ji glared to him. Kim Joon Myeon sunbaenim turned to Eun Ji-sshi and asked with that scary low tone, “what do you mean by that?”

“No, nothing. I thought that—“

“We all except So Hyun and Eun Ji also with Joon Myeon know about the incident. She was called by Soo Jung but I personally didn’t think that she would do the slime thing,”  Kim Jong Dae sunbaenim explained. “And about what Baek Hyun said, actually…”  He looked to Baek Hyun-sshi.

“Uh,”  he began, “I was so worried about Na Eun-sshi, so I skipped my class earlier than the others. I heard the cheerleader’s girls discussion. They said that ‘she will be punished because she is so close to Oh Se Hoon.’ So I thought they thought Na Eun was close to Oh Se Hoon sunbaenim. That is why I called everybody and then Kim Joon Myeon sunbaenim met Wu Yi Fan sunbaenim and Hung Zi Tao sunbaenim. They explained everything and so we got here.”

“We actually were waiting for those two boys,”  Zhang Yi Xing sunbaenim explained, “they talked to me that they would call teacher.”

“They called me instead.”  Kim Joon Myeon sunbaenim replied. Suddenly the door was barged again. This time, it was Ha Young.

“What? Why are you here too?”  asked DK. She tried to control her breath. “UNNIE! YOU HAVE TO RUN!”

“WHAT?”

“WHICH UNNIE? THESE GIRLS ARE YOU UNNIES!”  Zhang Yi Xing sunbaenim asked when actually it was clear to me whom she talked to. I stared to So Hyun.

“OF COURSE SO HYUN UNNIE! SOO JUNG UNNIE KNOWS YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH MY OPPA! GO OR SHE WILL BRING YOU TO YOUR GRAVE!”

“SAY WHAT?”  Lee Hong Bin screamed, “what do you mean by ‘your relationship with my oppa?’ Do they—“  He looked in horror, “NO WAY!”

“OH SE HOON! YOU TWO! OH MY GOD!”

“I DIDN’T EXPECT IT!”

“STOP IT!”  So Hyun screamed, “what happened between me with him is at the past. I can explain that to Park Soo Jung sunbaenim.”

“Oh yeah? Like she will hear you. She will not hear everyone, okay?”  Yook Sun Jae-sshi stated.

“She will hear me. I know it.”

“YOU HAVE TO RUN, UNNIE!”

“No!”

“WHY ARE YOU SO STUBORN?”

“It’s because between me and Kim Joon Myeon sunbaenim….it’s official now. I am his girlfriend.”  Kim Joon Myeon looked a bit shocked, but he was not shocked like all of us. DK’s eyes were about to pop out when he heard that. “She will understand. She is a girl too. I know how she feels. She feels insecure with her relationship, and if this assures her, I will tell to her directly that I and Kim Joon Myeon oppa are officially couple.”

I looked in horror. I didn’t know what to say anymore, or even think. People there were silent. Is that true? I ask this because until now I don’t know the real deal between them. All I could see that Eun Ji-sshi also looked so shocked, along with DK. Their face were showing someone who was really jealous. I couldn’t blame them, but I should be happy, right? My plan worked….or worked to well. Can it be like So Hyun likes Kim Joon Myeon sunbaenim for real? But she also knows that Kim Joon Myeon sunbaenim likes Eun Ji-sshi. So, what is this?

“Are you really—“

“Yes. So Ha Young-ah, where is she now?” 

“Uh,”  Ha Young glanced to her brother and then back to So Hyun, “I will take you. But I will always stay with you, in case you need someone to be leaned on.”

“Thank you.”  She hugged me and told me everything would be alright. She also did that to Hye Ri and Sang Hyuk. She then held Kim Joon Myeon sunbaenim’s hand, who gave him assuring smile. Finally, she bowed to everyone there and left with Ha Young-sshi.

The awkward silence fell upon us again.

Finally, it was broken down by Baek Hyun-sshi, “uh, should we go back then?”

“I think I have to Son Na Eun-sshi to my office,”  Kim Joon Myeon sunbaenim said, “I need her statement first.”

“I go with you, Joonie,”  Jong In oppa spoke.

“That’s up to you. And for all of you, I hope you go back to your classes, okay? Many of you are now seniors and you need attendance point to secure your own graduation.”  He was kinda dismissed people there. All of them were standing up and went toward the door, however, DK was stopped in front of Kim Joon Myeon sunbaenim. He looked to him and I couldn’t help but to measure their heights. Of course DK is taller than Kim Joon Myeon sunbaenim; he is even taller than Jong In oppa, but the pressure that was going out from them was about the same.

“Are you serious to her?”

“What do you mean?”

“I ask you, are you serious with So Hyun?”  DK screamed and made some of the members who were still in the room turned back. Kim Joon Myeon sunbaenim, on the other hand, smirked.

“What will you do if I say yes? Will you punch me?”

“Guys—“ Jong In oppa tried to stop but he was stopped by Kim Jong Dae sunbaenim who held his body.

DK’s face was so red; it was full of anger. “Don’t even dare to hurt her, or else—“

“What? Do you think you still have the right to threaten me? You are the one who hurts her! Your confusing attitude hurts her! And now you think you still have the right to even speak about her? You should thank to her for not spreading on how coward you are!”

BANG!”  DK smacked the locker’s door, which was beside him and Kim Joon Myeon sunbaenim. “You.don’t.know.anything.so.don’t.talk.like.you.know.everything.”

“Then tell me, heck, tell us what really happens so she will not be hurt again.”  Kim Joon Myeon spoke but DK dismissed him and walked angrily to outside of basketball’s HQ. I was so dumbfounded and I really thought my plan was overboard.

“Joonie? What the hell?”  Jong In oppa yelled.

“You.”  He sternly spoke, “if you want to help Na Eun-sshi here you better go with me now.”  He also came out from the room. I was so scared so I obediently followed him, with Jong In oppa beside me. I passed through some classes and I could see some students were taking glances from the class to the window at the hall since three of us were passing without any teachers’ supervision.

And then our Headmaster caught us.

“Mr. Jung, I am so sorry,”  Kim Joon Myeon said, “but I just found out that Son Na Eun, Second class, has been harassed and Kim Jong In, Third class, is one of the witnesses.”

“Is that so? Who harassed her?”

“She is Park Soo Jung, Sir, Third class.”  Mr. Jung was just nodding and then he left. HE JUST LEFT! I was really dumbfounded. Didn’t he hear the word ‘harrased’?

“That is usual in this school, given the fact that this school practically belongs to her family,”  Kim Joon Myeon sunbaenim explained with smiling, but his smile was assuring me that he would do more than just interview me. Then we entered his office.

“So, tell me about what happened.”  And so I told them about what really happened and the reason. Kim Joon Myeon stared to Jong In oppa after I finished explaining.

“Jonginie, do you care to explain?”

“That’s why I know this is somehow related to me,”  he looked angry, “I broke up with her but that has nothing to do with Na Eun-ah.”

“Are you sure?”

“What?”  Jong In oppa looked surprised, “what do you mean, Joonie? Do you not believe me? I broke up with her because of my usual cycle, okay? I am not that long-term relationship believer like you or Se Hoon-ah. I had been dating her for three months, and that’s it.”  I cringed after I heard that explanation. He can be categorized as a playboy then, right?

“But why does she think that this has something related to do with Son Na Eun-sshi?”  He calmly asked to him again. I raised my hand to answer.

“Yes?”

“It looks like she had seen what happened between me and Jong In oppa yesterday.”

“What happened yesterday?”  Kim Joon Myeon sunbaenim asked. Jong In oppa also looked confused. Perhaps, he couldn’t remember what he did yesterday, and somehow, it hurt me.

“He…helped me from ert but he also held my hand until we arrived to the apartment.”  I explained. Jong In oppa looked like he finally realized about that matter.

“Is that right?”

“Yeah. I did help her….wait! Does she conclude from that thing? What a short-thinker! I know I shouldn’t date her!”

“And yet, you were dating her.”

“Shut up!”  Jong In oppa got up, “I need to talk to her to give some senses.”

“Go ahead. I will not block you.”

“Hey, Joonie, are you for real with So Hyun-sshi?”  asked Jong In oppa. Kim Joon Myeon sunbaenim sighed. “I agreed to ‘date’ her. We have nothing for real. You just go and knock that Yu Ra with your sense, okay? I will take her back to the class.”

“Thank you, Joonie.”  Jong In oppa walked out from the scene, and Joon Myeon sunbaenim looked to me with sincere stare, “tell me, you feel hurt when he didn’t even remember about what happened yesterday between you and him, right?”  I was shocked that I just gasped. “I know it. You might have special feelings for him.”

“Is that—“

“That is bad,”  he continues, “Jong In is kind to everybody, especially women, but he is never serious with girls. He likes to be surrounded by people and that’s why he doesn’t like to have long-term relationship. He thinks that that kind of relationship only brings you to be more secluded. I must say he gets that idea from Se Hoon and Soo Jung.

“If you like him, I suggest you shouldn’t elevate that feeling into love one, or you will be hurt. He will finally run away from you to search the freedom; that’s what he always does in his life.”  He explained, and I could feel my heart went down. It was like, my spirit was drained.

“I, I don’t know—“

“You can always think about this, but make sure you create space, or else, he will always try to get closer to you. I suggest this because I can see you are not worth to be hurt. I don’t want to see you like I see So Hyun. I only need one and half day to see how hurt she is and I don’t want another victim appears in front of my eyes.”  I know Joon Myeon sunbaenim is always kind. That is why his geek club and also Sang Hyuk idolize him a lot.

I just nodded and he smiled. “Let’s get back to your class.”

 

 

 

Dear Diary,

After what happened, people are now following So Hyun and Joon Myeon sunbaenim. They literally are so shocked to see that President of Student Body and that quiet scary girl are in relationship. So Hyun and Joon Myeon sunbaenim are always together. I am glad but I feel pity to Eun Ji. I can see her longing stare to them.

Sang Hyuk nudged Hye Ri, “shouldn’t I tell Baek Hyun that his evil plan is working? Probably this is the best time to ask them to stop pretending.”

“Why?”  Hye Ri asked, “this is fun. You should see Oh Se Hoon sunbaenim’s face; he clearly isn’t happy with everything.”  I sighed. I should feel happy, but that time, I didn’t feel happy at all. It felt like I hurt many people because of my sudden anger.

On the other hand, I really want to see more reaction from DK. He clearly hasn’t done anything other than banging the locker door four days ago. I really want to see him fighting for So Hyun….or he doesn’t want anymore?

“Hey!”  I was so shocked to hear that cheerful but baritone voice. I looked up and I saw Park Chan Yeol sunbaenim’s face. He smiled so wide.

“Sunbaenim?”

“Yeah. I am here for that guy, Hak Yeon,”  he smiled to me and gave me a ticket, “he wants to ask you to watch this dance recital but he is so shy. So, I hope you forgive him for being a coward.”

“Does he ask you to—“

“No. I just think that I should give this to Son Na Eun-sshi and then we all can go lesiurely”  I smiled. Of course. Hak Yeon-sshi. I literally forgot about him because of this matter.

“Thank you sunbaenim. I will be very happy to go with you all,”  I bowed because, hey! I couldn’t literally reject my sunbaenim here. Plus, it is not a date; Park Chan Yeol sunbaenim told me that it was geek club gathering.

“Oh, Joon Myeon is coming too, so I guess he will bring So Hyun-sshi. You will not be alone there.”  He waved to me and then walked back to his seat. I stared to that ticket. Maybe this is the best. I remembered what Joon Myeon sunbaenim told me. I shouldn’t hope too high for Jong In oppa (something that I usually think in the night). Maybe going out wth Hak Yeon-sshi will be better.

And so I was preparing for the dance recital thing. Yun Ho was so suspicious so I just yelled to him that I went with my usual friends.

Hak Yeon and others were waiting in front of the venue. I could see So Hyun too; she was with Joon Myeon sunbaenim and they were talking about something.

“I am glad you can make it, sunbaenim!”  Do Kyung Soo shouted, “Hak Yeon sunbaenim was so happy when he heard that you would come too!”

“Shut up!”  Hak Yeon looked so flushed and I only could giggle.

“They….they put me beside you…”  He stuttered and I really found it cute.

“That’s okay. It is not like I want to be their mosquitos,”  I pointed to So Hyun and Joon Myeon sunbaenim, and we two were laughing after I said that. With Hak Yeon, I feel like I can smile and not act like a fool, and I enjoy that.

We entered the venue and sat accordingly to the number on the tickets. I sat on the center while Hak Yeon-sshi was sitting on my left. My right seat was still empty until the curtain was opened.

I was so mesmerized with the act that I didn’t pay any attention to my right. But when he dropped a pen and it disturbed me, I looked into him and gasped.

 

He was Oh Se Hoon sunbaenim, and he closed my mouth with his palm. “Speak more or I will abduct you from here.” 

 

 

 


@13thmembersofexo: is this update satisfied you? hehe :)

@leenaeun: is this suprising you again? Sometimes I don't understand how my brain works :)

@purpleamethyst1995: I am actually more to SuJi or MyeonJi shipper rather than KaiEun :) but I like both of them, well, I like exopink overall hahahaha 

 

thank you so much for patiently waiting! Love you, and please keep commenting!

 

 

 

XOXO