Break-Up and Understanding

High School Diary

I am sorry for this late update! I was confused a bit about the rest of the story (I know the ending but I was confused about how to make it until the ending) but I got my inspiration back! Thank you for waiting!


 

Dear Diary,

I was so shocked that I couldn’t say anything after finding out that DK was beside me. His glare was scary. Now I know why he is also called as “Cold King.”  His face is….cold.

I nodded when he closed my mouth. When he released me from his grip, I felt so relieved.

But of course, Hak Yeon-sshi didn’t realize it. He was too mesmerized into the dance performance. I looked around to understand the situation more. I knew that DK came there to follow So Hyun (because, why did he have to follow me? I have no connection to him) so I just tried my best to ignore his presence.

Well, that worked well until he whispered to me, “Jong In is in outside. He is with my sister because she wants someone to carry on her shopping bags.” 

I was stunned. I didn’t even know how to think properly anymore. Why did he tell me about Jong In oppa? Did he feel something happen between us? Didn’t I tell all of them (the basketball team, I mean) about the truth between us? Why did it feel like he threatens me?

“Thank you, sunbaenim.”  Alright, that might be stupid, but that is the only thing I could say. He didn’t expect me to run and leave Hak Yeon-sshi just like that, right? If he really expects me to do it, he is really DK. King.

“How are they? I mean, So Hyun and Joon Myeon?”

“They are fine. You can see them by yourself.”

“I mean, are they real?” 

“Of course they are. They are not the types who like to fool around.”  I kept my poker face and my gaze straight. I didn’t want to make Hak Yeon felt that I talked to someone else and ignored him.

On the other hand, I could feel that DK was pouting or angry or jealous. I didn’t know the proper word to describe what I felt beside him. I just kept my gaze until I felt someone touched my hand. I looked to my side and realized that Hak Yeon tried to take my hand into his embrace. I flinched and took my hand away all of sudden. I was confused by it looked like my body didn’t even want to receive it. I moved with my intuition not my mind.

He then looked to me confusedly. I gazed down and hoped that somebody could save me or the floor magically ate me alive. I just rejected Hak Yeon-sshi! I should be nice to him; I accepted his invitation and it was just a holding hand, Son Na Eun! Last time he kissed you on the forehead and you were okay!

“I am sorry.”  Hak Yeon-sshi said. I looked up and saw his regretful face. Oh no!

“No, it’s not your fault. It’s mine…I don’t know why—“

“That’s okay. I think you are not ready for this.”  He smiled and patted my shoulder. I just stared to him in disbelief. How could he be so nice? I just kind of rejecting him and he was the one who said sorry?

“Just tell him you see him as a friend only.”  DK whispered to me. Crap! I forgot he was beside me! I scoffed to him. Why suddenly did he act like my older brother or something?

“It’s not your business, sunbaenim. Just take care of your problem.”  I was rude because he was stranger for me yet he gave me opinions that I didn’t even need to hear from him! Why was happening to him?

But I could see he smirked. “I have. That is why I am here. Look, the dance is almost finished. I have to put my cap again.”  I then realized he brought a cap and he wore it. I still stared to him until the curtain fell and the light was on. He smirked to me and got up; my eyes were following him.

“Uh….Na Eun-sshi?”  Hak Yeon-sshi’s voice woke me up. I looked to him and he was still smiling, “it’s already ended. We have to go out.”  I nodded and walked following him. His fellow geek club was so happy and excited about the dance, while my mind was still puzzled with DK’s presence. I was so confused; everything was unpredictable. So Hyun and he are unpredictable. They are matched, if you ask my opinion about how unpredictable they are.

“Is something bothering you?”  Taek Woon-sshi asked me. He was walking beside me when we were heading to the front of the building.

“What? No…I am not….there is nothing—“

“Both of you and him are suddenly quiet.”  He pointed to Hak Yeon who looked miserable. I felt so bad. I was the one who made him felt like he was rejected.

“No. I am alright. It’s just….a misunderstanding.”  He nodded and went to approach Do Kyung Soo. I stared to Hak Yeon-sshi.

“I am so sorry, Hak Yeon-sshi….”  I talked to him. He lifted his head and tried to show me his best smile. “No, that is okay. I am just—“

“Hey, Jong In-ah!”  What? I suddenly looked up and saw Jong In oppa was there with Ha Young-sshi and of course, DK. He had taken the cap down and looked to us like he was not inside the dance performance before. Chan Yeol sunbaenim was the one who screamed.

“You guys are here?”  Joon Myeon sunbaenim tried to be nice although we all could see he was showered with “killer dagger” stare from DK.

“Yeah. Suddenly Ha Young wanted to go around to search one freaking red lipstick ankle boots made of leather pair of shoes,”  Jong In mocked Ha Young, who fast kicked his shin and he screamed in pain. We were all laughing.

“Hey, Na Eun! You are here?”  Because of his pain, he could see me. I could feel my face was hot. This was not good! Not when Hak Yeon-sshi was beside me!

“Ye…yes, sunbaenim….”

“Hey, what have I told you? Call me ‘oppa.’ We are neighbors too so why do we need formal language to each other?” 

Great. Now everyone knows I am his neighbor. I have never told them before. I even forget if So Hyun has known about this too or not.

Everyone gasped.

“Are you for real? You are her neighbor? You two are living in the same building?”  Chan Yeol sunbaenim asked in disbelief. I could see he just innocently nodded, like it was not a big problem. On my side, I could see hurtful face from Hak Yeon.

“Wow, dude! How could you never tell me? I mean, I am your friend too, right?”  Chan Yeol sunbaenim kept blabbering, “now that I know too So Hyun here is Se Hoon’s neighbor, it feels like you four are connected!” 

I wish I could smack his face in order to make him silent. I kept gazing on the floor because I couldn’t bear to see Hak Yeon’s hurt face more.

“What did you just say, Chan Yeol-ah? Do you try to make me jealous?”  Joon Myeon sunbaenim played his card as her boyfriend.

“Have you already known these things too?”

“Of course. So Hyun is my girlfriend and Jong In is my cousin. How could I not know?”

“So, you two are real?”  Ha Young asked. She couldn’t really believe that their relationship was real, I suppose.

“Of course. We have been going out for this week. We are really real and going out.”  The three people were just smiling awkwardly. I looked to Hak Yeon.

“I think we need to talk about this first.”  He said and I nodded. We excused ourselves and walked into nearby corner.

“Hak Yeon-sshi, I am—“

“Don’t look like you feel sorry, Na Eun-ah,”  he began to speak, “if you act like this, that means you have something that you hold. And you think that something will hurt me.”  I couldn’t see him. That is right. I have this confused feeling and I couldn’t even understand how to crack it without feeling that it will hurt him.

He continued, “I will not be angry with your decision. I am just…..thinking that you act like you are holding something and that bothers me a lot. You don’t seem comfortable around me like before. What is happening? Did I do something wrong?”

“NO!”  I yelled. “Hak Yeon-sshi, I am just confused. I know you are kind to me and I want to return your kindness but I just think that is not right. I like you and I understand your approach but I don’t think I can—“

“You like Jong In sunbaenim, right?”  I looked up to him and he smiled. His smile was just like Joon Myeon sunbaenim’s. It was like he understood me.

“I have a feeling after you suddenly hang out more with the gossipers than me and the rumor about you and Jong In sunbaenim went out from the classes to talk in the field. And now I just know that you two are neighbor….no wonder you two seem so close in the short time.”

“I am so sorry, but I just need time to think again.”

“Of course. I have no right to force you. Let’s go back to our friends, shall we?”  I know this is ambiguous, but I am really confused with my feelings. It feels like I am parted into two parts; I like both of them at the same time.

 

Then I just realized it.

 

I might be at the same position with DK.

 

It is possible to ‘like’ two people at same time.

 

I gulped.

 

I call him DK but now I feel like I am DQ. Queen. I play with Hak Yeon-sshi’s heart but long for Jong In oppa’s attention. It is just like what DK does. He has The Queen but he still wants So Hyun.

 

 

 

Dear Diary,

Something is just happened! I am here now below the tree with DK.

 

Yeah, you might be wondering.

 

It was all happened when I went to school today. As usual, Jong In oppa waited for me but I rejected his offer to walk together. Didn’t he understand that the rumor has been going out widely about us? And so I was alone to walk to my locker when Baek Hyun-sshi screamed my name.

“What?”  I asked to him.

“Have you heard?”

“What? What should I have heard?”

“Se Hoon sunbaenim……he broke up with Soo Jung sunbaenim!”

“SAY WHAT?”  I screamed so loud so people around me looked at me strangely. I closed my mouth and Baek Hyun kept panting because he was running in order to approach me.

“I heard that from Jong Dae hyung! He told me this because he heard the break-up by himself! He was near the cheerleaders’ squad HQ when it happened! Na Eun-ah? What should we do?”

I was blank. I didn’t expect it to happen so soon.

Wait, how about So Hyun? Didn’t Soo Jung sunbaenim know the truth about their relationship?

Oh my, my head was spinning so hard.

“How is So Hyun?”

“Why are you asking about her?”

“It’s because last time I check, Park Soo Jung sunbaenim knows about the truth!”

“I…I don’t know….I just…OH CRAP.”  He looked and I turned around. Park Soo Jung sunbaenim was crying until her eyeliner was ruined. Her followers were patting her shoulders and telling her that everything was alright and they would find the ruining one; the one who is responsible.

Everyone was whispering. They knew about the break-up news. That thing was gonna become the headline of the day, and that is right. Until the rest time, they were all talking about it. I kept my attention to So Hyun for this whole time. I was so afraid that suddenly the cheers squad dragged her into who-knows-where and slimed her with worse thing than that green slime.

However, no one approached her. Not even Ha Young to remind her about what would go to be happened.

Well, that record was broken when DK approached us and gave us (I mean, our table) a note. We all knew it was for So Hyun so we let it. But she kept not touching it until the bell rang. I was feeling sorry for him. He was sitting at geek club at the rest time. Jong In oppa glanced for some times to him who quietly ate with the geek club who seemed to accept him well.

So I took it silently. I thought that I could give it to So Hyun without reading it but my curiosity won; I opened the letter on Algebra class.

 

To: Son Na Eun

Meet me at the tree. You know what tree I am talking about.

From Oh Se Hoon or DK which means King :)

 

Crap. He knows. I looked around and took my diary to go to him. I felt like I had to explain to him so I went there. When I arrived, I saw him sleeping under the tree and listening to the music.

I coughed and he woke up.

“Hello there. We haven’t greeted each other well before,”  he got up, “my name is Oh Se Hoon. You can call me Se Hoon oppa just like you call Jong In.”

“My name is Son Na Eun….Se Hoon oppa.”

“Please sit.”  I sat beside him and he turned off his mp3 player.

“I have heard a lot about you from Jong In. I really think you are fascinating him.”  I blushed. I knew I was blushing so hard.

“I heard a lot about you too, oppa.”

“I bet it is not coming from So Hyun.”

“I am afraid you are wrong. I called you…..DK…..because of her story about you.”

“Oh, is that so?”  He smiled, “I know it because your neighbor. He suddenly spilled the nickname to me at that day when you went out with the geek club. Do you remember that?”  I nodded.

“I don’t know what your plan is but I could see you are confused too, between that Cha Hak Yeon and Jong In. And I think Jong In has his parts on making you confused.”

“What do you mean?”

“I know the real thing between So Hyun and Joon Myeon. It is not hard to see after I meditated myself.”  I was frowning. Did he really meditate? “Joon Myeon likes Jung Eun Ji-sshi so much until it can’t be hidden. And I know him for long time; he will not play with somebody’s heart, not like his cousin there, and Jong In’s uneasy behavior when they are together is kind of confirming for me, so I just think they two are acting. Am I right?”

I didn’t know what to do again, so I nodded. I know he is smart but he could figure it out is superb. I thought our plan would go smoothly.

“I didn’t know at first; my mind was clouded with the fact that So Hyun was with somebody else. I thought she was mine only so no one could touch her or even get closer to her. Then I felt like I was deceiving everybody; I was confused and puzzled and didn’t know where to go. Until one point, I realize it. So Hyun is not mine to begin with; she is no one’s property. I have lost her because of my own foolishness and she deserves to have better love life. I have no right to meddle in. But I really don’t like that she is pretending with Joon Myeon. I really wish she finds her one.”

“Oppa, why am I here?”

 “Just sit here if you need time to think. Just get ready to face the world.”  Why did I have to sit there? But I thought I really needed a big space to think. Thinking about my feelings, I need to do it.

“While you are thinking, I would like to tell you something,”  he continued, “Jong In likes you. He told me this morning.” 

 

 


 

@Catalina390: thank you!

@lyasvel: and now calm and tender sehun! I have so much idea for these characters!

@13thmembersofexo: while Kai is trying to slip into number two again after I dumped him for sehun last year hehehehe....we are at the same position :) 

@TheHannaMymiLicous: now you know how their relationship. They will grow more close than before after this 'talking-to-each-other' session

@Sullixx: now I have updated! Sorry for talking long time :) 

 

for your information, I was in all-girls high school so I have no recollection memories about having boys as classmates during the high school era. I don't know why but I think it affects my story (I don't even know in what way; I just think like that) 

and why did I tell you this? Oh well, I just want you guys to know so if this story seems like I have no experience on boys in high school era, that is right. 

 

 

 

Thank you

 

 

 

 

XOXO