Confusion

High School Diary

Dear Diary,

The neighbor things are getting complicated. I mean, complicated as in sunbaenim’s mother is a over-reacting woman I have even seen in my life. Now I know why her son is fond of meddling on other people’s business. I mean, look what he did several days ago when we were in the library. He really wanted to know everything and it was a bit annoying to me.

After we met in the front door, I just walked into the unit and locked my door. I didn’t know why I got so scared like that. Kim Jong In sunbaenim is not a ert guy; he is a sweet and kind guy….wait, what?

See? My mind was a mess. I just got kissed (on the forehead) by the guy who seems to like me and I just thought how sweet and kind another guy was. I was so in mess.

My mother came home around eight o’clock and she brought a big bowl of…..bibimbap. No kidding.

“Mom? What is that?”  I asked. Yun Ho got out and tried to take some of it, but my mother hit his hand. “The neighbor gave this to us.”

“Neighbor?”  Yun Ho was the one who asked. My mother nodded, “yeah. Kim family. The mother there suddenly blocked my way and gave me this bowl. Since I haven’t made any food for you two, I guess you two can eat this instead of cooking ramyun.”

“Kim family?”

“Yes. She said that her son knew you. Is that true?”

“Na Eun noona is naughty! She knows boys now!”

“Shut up!”  I yelled to my little brother, who grinned evilly.

“Do you know him?”  My mother asked again.

“He is my senior in the school.”  I answered shortly and my mother looked surprised. “Is he? How could you never tell us?”

“She may have done something with him, Mom. Maybe they have been kissing and snooging and—OUCH!”

“Mind your words!”  I hit Yun Ho’s head and he showed his tongue, “I think I am right. She just had a date. Maybe her date is him—MOM! SAVE ME!”  I ran to chase Yun Ho and our mother, who has gotten into our childish behavior, just sighed and prepared the bibimbap. I chased Yun Ho until he ended up gotten hit several times by me.

“Na Eun-ah, speaking of your date, how was it?”  My mom asked from the kitchen.

“It was not a date. My friend asked me to go to a science exhibition.”

“It is just as same as a date. How was it going?”

“It’s good. It was fun.”  I definitely couldn’t tell my mother (well, not in front of Yun Ho) that Hak Yeon-sshi just kissed me on the forehead.

“That’s good. If you are serious with that guy, you can bring him here so that I can see him.”

“Mom! We were not dating. It’s just a friendly hangout.”

“Yeah, but it’s only for the two of you.”  Yun Ho teased again and I kicked his foot.

“And the boy is not our neighbor, right?” 

“No. He is my senior. He is another story.”  And then I stopped talking. My mother looked to me suspiciously. “What do you mean by ‘he is another story’?”

“NA EUN NOONA IS PLAYING WITH THEM! SHE IS TWO-TIMING THEM!”

“SHUT UP!”

“WHAT I SAY IS TRUE, RIGHT? YOU ARE A TWO-TIMER, NOONA!” 

“Na Eun, what is it?”

“No! Mom, my tongue just slipped. Kim sunbaenim is just a senior for me.”  Suddenly, I felt something happened in my heart. It was like my heart told me that what I was saying was wrong, but my brain said that was nothing wrong; Kim Jong In sunbaenim is just a senior, nothing more.

“Are you sure? You just moved into that school and I don’t want you to get trouble with students there.”

“No, Mom. I am doing fine there. My friends there are nice to me.” 

TING TONG!

“Yun Ho-ah, open the door, please.”  My mom instructed him, and he did open the door.

“HELLO!”  What? Who? I ran into the front door and I saw a stranger woman, with a big smile and lovely face was there, and Kim Jong In sunbaenim was behind her, smiled too. Their way of smiling was same, so I didn’t have hard time to figure out who the woman was.

“Mrs. Kim?”  My mother was surprised to see the woman who just gave her a big bowl of bibimbap was coming into our house.

“Hello, Mrs. Son! We are here to share some food for you.”

“But you have—“

“I just made the food too much. This kid’s father can’t come home early, also with his sisters.”  Well, I now know Kim Jong In sunbaenim have sisters.

“Oh, please come in then.”  My mother opened our house for them. Next thing I knew, Kim Jong In sunbaenim was sitting on my living room and talking to Yun Ho (that brat was asking what kind of relationship we had, well, Kim sunbaenim looked confused at first and then he understood that my brother is a brat and mischievous one) about basketball. Turns out Yun Ho wanted to play in the basketball club at his school (I know he has a thing for that) and he asked many technical things about basketball. I just made myself in the kitchen bar where the moms were talking enthusiastically about food and those kitchen things.

“Is Jong In nice to you, dear?”  His mother’s question woke me up. I smiled and nodded. He is nice to me despite the fact that he is a popular boy in school.

“He was so alive when he talked about finding out you as our neighbor. He said ‘it’s the first time I have a friend in this apartment!’ He was like that and jumping around. Well, now I guess I can figure out why he was so happy.”  She smiled softly to me.

“What is that?”  My mother asked.

“Well, your daughter is beautiful.”  She said that when I took a sip and there I was, spilling every single of my drink into the table. I also coughed and that attracted all of the people.

Good. It was just so good.

My mother yelled to me while Kim sunbaenim’s mother was smirking. She definitely knew the real reason of why I was spilling my drink.

“Is everything alright?”  Kim Jong In sunbaenim talked behind me and I could feel my face was hot. I just couldn’t turn around to see him after his mother talked like that about me. I was so embarrassed; she was like telling me that Kim Jong In was slightly interested with me. I couldn’t take that; I can’t take that.

“Yes, everything is alright. Na Eun-sshi was just choking on her own drink. There is nothing serious happened.”  His mother answered his question. Rather than being okay, he approached me and tried to look to me. “Is it? Are you alright?”  Oh please stop being so nice to me! Ever since we met, you are always caring and nice and kind! Why? Where is the ‘hot-tampered and a bit bullying’ Kim Jong In?

Well, I would almost scream those sentences but my mother cut my attempt as she said that the food had been served on the table. We all ran into the table, and the greatest part was I was sitting in front of him, courtesy of Son Yun Ho. He really knew I was so red like tomato when I saw Kim Jong In sunbaenim.

And now, I feel a bit guilty. Hak Yeon-sshi was just declaring his feelings to me and I feel that I like him too……but what about this thing with Kim Jong In sunbaenim? Now I can’t watch him properly again. I always remember what his mother said and his kindness is just…..too good to be true. I don’t know; I don’t want to hope for everything.

 

Maybe my friends have the answer to this.

 

Yes, I will meet them at Monday. As for now, I will keep myself hidden well in my room. If the Kim family comes down here again, I will just say I get too much homework that I can’t get out…..

 

 

 

Dear diary,

Today is a mess. As I predicted, Kim family came down again. Today they came all, I mean all of them. My mother seems to be okay with their constant coming to our house; she even promised that we would visit theirs as soon as possible.

His sisters were nice and beautiful. I talked several topics with them, until then I remembered my make-up reason to avoid their brother. I said that I got too much homework.

 

That was not a good excuse. Turns out Kim sunbaenim offered he himself to be my tutor for today and we ended up studying at my father’s study room (my father faked coughs some times when he offered himself as if we were studying together, we would be doing it in my room).

 

Turns out he was quite good and clever student. Despite the fact that he is jock, he can answer my questions.

“Is there anything else?”  We ended up studying together for almost three hours. I just smiled, “No, sunbaenim. It’s finished.”

“Please call me just Jong In. We can be considered close now, since our family is kinda making a good bonding out there.”

“I can’t.”

“Alright, maybe Jong In oppa will do?”  He asked that as he got up. I got surprised.

“NO! I can’t!”

“Why?”

“I just—“

“Oh, come on, Na Eun-ah! See, it is not that hard, right?”  I kept my head down after he called me like that because it sounded so good. Suddenly I wanted him to call me like that for the rest of my life. No kidding.

“Okay, oppa.”

“See? We are friends now. You can talk to me everytime you want, or even approach us at the canteen table. I am sure Sehunnie will accept you too, since he wants to get closer again to So Hyun-sshi and—“  He covered his mouth.

 

I think being a blabbermouth is not just girls’ problem.

 

I just stared to him. Was he telling the truth? Oh Se Hoon sunbaenim really wanted to get closer to So Hyun? So there is something behind everything that I have known, and Kim Jong In sunbae—sorry, Jong In oppa must know the secret.

I really get curious about what has happened between both of them. It must be a bad thing, since they acted like that when their families are so close.

 

 

 

Dear diary,

I talked to them. I talked to Hye Ri and Sang Hyuk about my plan. Oh yeah, after the sudden thing that I knew yesterday, I made a plan. It is a risky plan, but I think I will get my support from my friends…..and Jong In oppa. I need his help.

“Are you serious?”  Hye Ri looked to me, and Sang Hyuk was so agitated yet curious about my plan.

I nodded.

“So Hyun can be so angry to you.”

“Not if I get the truth from her.”

“You are really serious about this, aren’t you? I just think we should just wait for her to say the truth to us,”  Sang Hyuk definitely wasn’t okay with my plan.

I shook my head, “I don’t think she will tell the truth. You are the people who usually are around her. You know how secretive she is.”

“Why do you want to do this?”

 

Then I know. I know I am too much with this, but I always find out how longing Oh Se Hoon’s sunbaenim gaze to So Hyun. It feels like he wants to tell something to her but he is afraid. That is how I want to make things clear. And getting things clear in my head is to do this plan well.

“I just get curious, and I just have a feel I need to do this for a greater good.” 

“I just—“

“Hey, guys!”  So Hyun came and said greeting to us. We gulped and smiled weirdly. “What happened to you?”

“What?”

“You three smiled weirdly. Is there something you are discussing that I can’t know?”

“Oh, no! Of course not!”  Hye Ri said that and we were all smiling to her. I knew she knew that we were keeping something, but this time was not appropriate time. And then our teacher came and we studied.

At the break time, Hak Yeon-sshi approached me and asked about my weekend. I obviously couldn’t say about Jong In oppa’s family things so I just said that I and my family spent time together at our house.

“I’m glad you are okay. I just thought that you might—“

“Might?”

“He wanted you to call him.”  Sang Hyuk suddenly talked and Hak Yeon hit his head and looked so flustered. I knew then he wanted to know if I gave him any hope or not.

Truthfully, I don’t know. I don’t know how to react or do something with this situation. I am sure I like him, but…..Jong In oppa keeps popping out on my head whenever I think about how I should react to Hak Yeon-sshi. I am so confused. I can’t answer what he wants.

“Uh, Hak Yeon-sshi?”

“Yes?”

“I am so sorry that I didn’t call you, but—“

“That’s okay. We just know each other. You don’t have to do something you don’t feel comfortable with. Let’s just be friends first.” He smiled and I couldn’t say anything else. He was just so sweet and I didn’t even know what to do.

“Okay.”

“But is it okay if I ask you to go out again?”  He asked with red face and I couldn’t say no to that face. I nodded. It wasn’t like I wanted to say no. I still can’t figure out everything, and my head is full of my plan.

As I got out at the break time from class, So Hyun asked me to go somewhere, just the two of us. Hye Ri and Sang Hyuk looked confused, but they let us to.

We were walking as I followed her behind and suddenly she stopped. I almost hit her when I looked into what was in front of her.

Oh Se Hoon sunbaenim and Park Soo Jung sunbaenim were making out again. We were in this dead-end alley near the garden, where people usually do secret things. And yes, making out is one of the secret things. I know this by overhearing what Baek Hyun-sshi and Sang Hyuk discussed days ago. Baek Hyun-sshi and Eun Ji-sshi caught people kissing and almost doing ‘it’ at this very alley.

The couple wasn’t realizing when I saw it. Then I saw her face.

That’s when I knew she was devastated and destroyed. She looked hurt. I just looked into the couple and her several times. I didn’t know what to do. That was when the guy saw us and he abruptly stopped the girl from his face.

Park Soo Jung sunbaenim looked so pissed as she grunted. Oh Se Hoon sunbaenim wiped out his lips and walked into us, “no, So Hyun-ah, this is not like you—“

“I’ll have to go!”  She screamed and grabbed my hand then she dragged me out of it. I was just following it and I knew she was crying.

There must be something going on.

I looked behind and I didn’t see Oh sunbaenim there so I talked to her, “he’s not following us. We can stop now.”  And she stopped. She then squatted on the soccer field and nobody was there beside me. She cried. I didn’t know what to do then so I squatted next to her and patted her back.

“They are all liars.”

“What? Who?”

“Men. They are all liars.”

“I don’t think my father is a liar but—“ I could see she was smiling at my lame joke. I then smiled back, “so, what is it?”

“I wanted to say thank you. Aunt Oh said to me you were one of my rescuers. And I wanted to ask you to keep the fact that I and he are neighbors.”

“And?”

“Sorry for my breakdown. It’s just—“

“You can tell me.”  I soothed her and she calmed back. We ended up sitting on the field.

“I hope you can keep your promise.”

“I can.”

“Please do not tell anyone about this story. No one can ever know, not even Hye Ri and Sang Hyuk. Do you promise?”

“Yes. I do.”

“Okay,”  she sighed, “I know it must be weird that I just stormed out when we caught them making out but—“  She then cried again, “he has promised that he would break things off with her.”

“What?”

“Yeah, I know you will get shocked.”

“But why?”

She looked to me and said, “we are getting together again. At least, that is what he said.”   I gasped. ‘Getting back together?’ As if they were in relationship before?

 

I just got to remake my plan in my head. 

 

 

 

 

 


thank you for waiting! 

 

@TheHannaMymiLicous: the girlfriend is just a slight thing. Jongin is a bit player so yeah, he will have changed partners soon haha :) she is as innocent since she hasn't got any boyfriends. Do you think Sehoon matches with her? That will make the two boys are competing for her *challenge accepted!* hahaha, maybe, I will think about this but that twist hasn't been thought by me :) 

 

I have to watch HIMYM season 9 until episode 22 when I wrote this :) 

have you guys seen exo's new hair? I am so excited! Baekhyun and Lay with black hair yeayyyy!!!! People said Kai was having blonde hair, is that true? I haven't found the photos yet. 

and Sehun's hair is going back to dark color. Let's praise the Lord for that :)))) my prayers have been heard :) 

 

let's just hope the changing is good and nobody shows up with colorful hair. I don't really like colorful hair (except to those who have been in that state, I have no options than to like it) on boys. I guess I am quite conservative. 

 

and I am waiting eagerly for Apink's comeback and EXO's! I have seen the post about they were doing the mv shooting so let's hope it. People said that SNSD cut their performance since SJM and EXO will do comeback. I am so excited! These two bands are my favorites besides Infinite! KYAAAAAA!!!! 

 

THANK YOU ALL, 

XOXO

 

 

PS. please feel free to comment:)