How I Met Him, Not Your Mother (or His Mother)

High School Diary

Entry One: The New School

Before I said anything, please remember that the content will be all about me and my friends.

 

My name is Son Na Eun, and I just moved to this school. My father needed to move to Seoul (like the Seoul the capitol) because of his job. My family consists of a dad, a mom, me and a younger brother of mine named Son Yun Ho. Oh yeah, he has the very same name with U-Know-Yunho DBSK, but of course my parents didn’t give him that name because of that idol.

Oh yeah, where am I?

I moved to this one prestigious school just three days ago. I have made some friends, most likely because in my first class (Biology, by Mr. Cho Kyu Hyun) I sat beside them. They are Kim So Hyun, Lee Hye Ri and Han Sang Hyuk. Once you see them, you know why they are becoming the “OUTCASTS.” They are just different from the rest of the students, that, of course, including accepting me for the first time they saw me.

Kim So Hyun is an ignorant brat. That’s how people here call her, because what she does is basically listening to her headphones and sleeping (but she is CLEVER). She also never takes any attention to those who talk bad things about her. So….you can see her as an ignorant one. She doesn’t even care what to wear (I mean, beside our uniform), what to say, what to do, how to behave (except in front of teachers. She said that it was crucial to be polite to teachers, moreover to certain teachers), what to talk, or basically everything. However, she has a good voice, I can tell you that.

Lee Hye Ri, that is another problem. She is too tomboy to be true. She cuts her hair very short, wears thick eye-glasses that makes her look very manly, even more manly than Lu Han, our soccer team captain (whose face is cute, but do not ever call him cute or you will meet his wrath, which is bad because he is a , according to So Hyun). She was once joined cheerleader team (her body is so flexible, but can you imagine a girl like Hye Ri waves pom-pom? Me? I can’t imagine it at all) but she got out because she felt sick of Park Soo Jung sunbaenim’s leadership. She still joins gymnastic club and now becomes the second manager of basketball club, under the wing of Zhang Yi Xing, or you can call him as the most clueless guy ever lived in this planet, ever, the first manager. There is a third one too, Oh Ha Young, who (not surprisingly) is Oh Se Hoon sunbaenim’s little sister.

Han Sang Hyuk is the drama king. He is not gay, I can tell you, but he is a feminine one. He likes fashion and pink color. He is sensitive and (according to what he said) he never ever has fallen in love with anyone (girls or boys). He is, actually, quite admiring Kim Joon Myun sunbaenim and that is why Sang Hyuk involves himself a lot in Student’s Body. He admires how our sunbaenim raises from “the-geek-people-never-notices” into “the-president-of-this-school” (even though, So Hyun and Hye Ri said that his rising to power involved Kim Jong In, A LOT). He also has talent in dancing, even though he is good too in singing, but he doesn’t really want to involve in singing thingy.

Now move to those popular guys and girls. ”The Plastic” is of course, The Queen a.k.a Park Soo Jung and her followers, Choi Jin Ri and Bang Min Ah. I tell you, Bang Min Ah is the….dumbest girl ever lived in Earth. Later I will tell you how dumb that senior is.

“The King” and “The vice King” refer to Oh Se Hoon and Kim Jong In. Actually, they are quite at the same rank, but Kim Jong In loses in one part, two parts, actually: he doesn’t date the Queen and he is not as clever as Oh Se Hoon. He is at the rank of “so-so” in academic things. Both of them are joining basketball club, as the captain and the vice-captain. The members are: Lee Hong Bin (18), Kim Won Shik (18), Bang Yong Guk (17) (do not think that he has any relation with Bang Min Ah), Choi Jun Hong (17), Yook Sung Jae (17), and the rest are juniors. They are included in the tag of “Popular Guys” and “Jocks”. By the way, cheerleader teams are considered “Beauties” in the canteen map. I can’t get wrong on the seating.Note-to-self: They even have their friggin permanent tables, for God’s sake.

The other captains that I know (or you can say, popular) are Lu Han, the soccer team’s captain, and Wu Yi Fan, the football (or rugby) team’s captain. Oh yeah, my captain too, Choi Soo Young (a.k.a the volley team’s captain).

The geeks are basically Kim Joon Myun sunbaenim’s friends and fellow followers. Now, the facto leader is Park Chan Yeol a.k.a the Creepy because his smile is creepy, to the extent you might want to get a sunglasses when you see him because his teeth are BLINDING. The followers are….you know them all. One guy is close to me. He is Cha Hak Yeon. He helps me a lot to learn the materials in class, especially biology and chemistry, which are his specialty, since he joins the geek club. He also talks a lot, making the class brighter than usual. Sang Hyuk and he are always quarrelling, but in the end, Sang Hyuk wins and Hak Yeon always follows what he wants. Sang Hyuk is basically our maknae, so what can we do? (Because he skipped class in middle school).

The gossipers, they are another problem. I have to get extra careful to talk about any secrets, and that is why I keep you, my diary, as a precious one to me. Byun Baek Hyun, especially, that I have to be afraid of, mostly because he takes same classes with me. He always smirks like he knows something, but I can’t imagine what. He actually is friend, if you see him talks enthusiastically with Sang Hyuk about fashion or basically eyeliners, but he is (according to So Hyun) wolf behind the sheep’s blanket . Or something like that. Kim Jong Dae sunbaenim is my senior, so I don’t really get involved with him. Jung Eun Ji took some different classes than me, so I don’t know her close either. What I know that she is quite close to Kim Joon Myun sunbaenim.  

My classes are: biology, chemistry, Language (English and Chinese), physical education, algebra, and history. All of my friends are coming with me in all my classes. Therefore, we are classmates.

My teachers for this semester:

  • Mr. Cho Kyu Hyun (biology, co-coordinator of Geek Club with our vice-principal)
  • Mr. Shim Chang Min (chemistry, who is also our vice-principal)
  • Mrs. Jung Soo Yeon (Language. Actually, we all wanted Ms. Tiffany Hwang to teach us, but we lost the class) and Mrs. Song Qian (she was brought from China just to teach us)
  • Mr. Choi Min Ho with Mr. Choi Si Won (physical education….or actually our teacher is only Mr. Younger Choi, but we often join our class with Mr. Older Choi’s, which is our senior class)
  • Mr. Kim Ryeo Wook (algebra)
  • Ms. Kwon Yu Ri (history, and those guys are taking her class because of her iness)
  • Volley club: Mr. Lee Dong Hae (do not think that because he is not tall, he is lack in playing this sport. He is so good at playing volley)
  • Art and Drama Club: Ms. Lee In Na (who is Mr. Lee Dong Hae’s little sister, and also an art teacher)

 

And…that’s all. I have already gotten the map to go through the canteen. Wish me luck!

 

 

 

Entry Two: My First Days in School

For these two weeks, everything is going fine. We don’t have any troubles with anyone and anything. The popular, jocks, and beauties are in their own world, as well as us, the peasants. Because our seats in canteen are like, side by side, I can see clearly what has happened there. The beauties are wanted by the beasts. I mean, they call themselves “Beasts” because they kind of believe that “Beauty and The Beast” is really exists (as if the beautiful girls will look at them). I find that sad, because, those beasts aren’t really ugly, they are just…….not qualified according to beauties.

Oh yeah, among those horrible beauties a.k.a cheerleader teammates, models (trust me, there are models in this school) and fashion maniacs (who are girls), there is one Oh Ha Young, who is quite kind to us. Maybe because she is still junior and Hye Ri is practically her senior in school and club, she does nothing but kindness and good things to us. Of course she doesn’t try to meddle with us or go along with us, but she is quite humane. She raises into that high rank, of course, thanks to her brother.

The jocks are different then. None of them are quite good, but so far, no one bullies us….except the Plastic, of course. Turns out the Queen are quite unsure about the King’s feelings for her. She will throw tantrum to every girl that is close to him, including Hye Ri, despite the fact that Hye Ri is the manager.

Like today in canteen. She approached us, for the first time since I moved here, and slammed the table. Even So Hyun, who was busy hearing songs from her headphones, was waking up.

“What the hell?”  So Hyun talked sarcastically. Soo Jung sunbanim glared angrily to her. “None of your business, you brat.”

“You just slammed my table; of course it is my problem.”

“Whatever! Where is your transgender friend?”  See? How could she call someone like that?

“Who?”

“Don’t try to be foolish here, Han Sang Hyuk. Where is your friend who supposed to be boy but she’s trapped in a girl’s body?”  So Hyun slammed the table again, making a staring contest with the Queen. “You have no right to call anyone, let alone my friend, like that.”

“What? You too? You are weird enough to go to mental school than in here!”  I was trembling. I know searching troubles with The Plastic is a big no-no. I have seen how Park Bo Mi, a girl who has same class with me in Language, was bullied by The Plastic. The result is that she moved away from our school.

The principal can’t do anything because Park Family is the biggest donator to this school.

That makes her automatically the ruler of this school.

Well, actually Park Chan Yeol sunbaenim is another ruler but he is in geek club so he isn’t counted.

The tension was high, but one guy saved us all: Oh Se Hoon. Yeah, the boyfriend of the Queen, the King himself.

“What are you doing here? You shouldn’t search troubles here.”

“Ask that weird girl!”

“What? You are the first who slammed our table! You !”

“Talk to me that way again and I’ll swear you will—“

“So Hyun-ah, stop it.”  Wait, what?  “Babe, come on. Just go back to the table with me.”  Looks like Park Soo Jung sunbaenim didn’t hear what we (me and Sang Hyuk) heard so she just walked away. Oh Se Hoon sunbaenim didn’t even look back and walked into their seat back. Luckily, Hye Ri wasn’t here because she was called by our teacher.

I and Sang Hyuk exchanged stares and then we looked to So Hyun, who got busy again with her music. I whispered to him, “Do you have any idea? I mean, I have never known that So Hyun-sshi is close to—“

“Neither do I. She never tells me anything. If Hye Ri was called like that by him, I can understand that, but her?”  Then we looked to her again. Realizing that we looked suspiciously to her, she yelled to us, “what? Is there something wrong?”  Apparently, ignorant brat means hot-tempered girl too. We showed our awkward smiles, “Nope. Nothing.”

“Then eat your food before the bell rings. I don’t want to be late to class.”

Of course, our next class was physical education, which means, joint-class. Sang Hyuk was busy staring to those seniors who play basketball (all of our popular seniors are there, in physical education class) and sometimes got awed with their moves. Hye Ri was nowhere to be found again, because she was avoiding younger Mr. Choi. I didn’t know the matter firstly but late I knew that she was absent during last gymnastic club, and Mr. Choi was searching her. So Hyun was again, still hearing the music. We all sat in the bench next to basketball court.

Our teachers suddenly had an important meeting until we didn’t know when it would be over (which turns out until we had to go home) so we had free time.

One thing I notice: the captain and vice-captain are really best friends. Like, BFF. Even their moves are in-sync. They naturally know what to do and not to do in the courtyard and practically read each other’s moves. No wonder they become the best pair.

Thank God the Plastic isn’t noticing us, or maybe Park Soo Jung sunbaenim had lost her anger. Bang Min Ah sunbaenim waved pom-pom, while Choi Jin Ri sunbaenim tried to fix her eyeliner and anything else. I don’t really understand cosmetic related things, so I can’t explain well to you. Let’s just say that she put her cosmetics, even though we had our P.E. class.

“Go! Go! Go!”  Bang Min Ah sunbaenim waved so happily, that the pom-pom hit Park Soo Jung sunbaenim. The Queen yelled to her.

I personally like that.

And then she got hit by basketball (I mean, Bang Min Ah sunbaenim) and so she fell down. Park Soo Jung sunbaenim unknowingly caught her and Choi Jin Ri sunbaenim just scooted because no one could disturb her moment with cosmetics.

Park Soo Jung sunbaenim yelled to every guy there to take her friend to infirmary. Wu Yi Fan sunbaenim, who threw that ball, got into her and took her. And then Park Soo Jung sunbaenim announced to the world that her hand hurt, and doing flirt to Oh Se Hoon sunbaenim to take her too.

Of course, as the cold-prince title holder, he just dismissed her, making her pout. I really wanted to laugh at that scene.

However I didn’t see what’s coming because suddenly I went blank.

 

 

 


 
this chapter has already been beta-ed. Enjoy :)))))