Doom

High School Diary

Dear Diary,

I couldn’t help myself not to shock to hear what Oh sunbaenim said (I have to call him ‘sunbaenim’ again since he had known the existence of my diary and the nickname; he said that me having a diary is cute and I am just like his little sister Ha Young-sshi) so I gasped for long time.

“No need to be that shocked. Jong In clearly is interested on you. Everyone can see that. Even if he didn’t say that thing, I have figured it out.”

“Bu…but why?”

“Why? Well, that question should be given to Jong In, not me,”  he said while ruffling his hair, “but yeah, he said that too, accidentally like he blurted my nickname. He even forgot to ask me to just keep it quiet so here, I say that to you.”

I looked down and felt so confused. I didn’t know what to do and think anymore. Anything is so complicated and suffocating. I have, like, every scenarios in my head.

I didn’t even realize that I was crying. Oh sunbaenim lifted my chin and wiped the tears. “You are really like my sister, you know.”

“Ha Young-sshi?”

“Yeah. The diary thingy, the crybaby thingy, the awkwardness thingy, the oblivious thingy….you are just like her.”  He grinned. I must say I have to really ask to him about what happened because he is so kind. He doesn’t look like a guy who just throws someone from his life.

“You want to know? Didn’t everyone tell you?”

“But I haven’t heard your point of view. I might help you.”

“Well, I think you can’t but okay, I will tell you the whole story.”  He coughs a little like he wants to tell a fairytale story. “As you might have known, three of us were childhood friends. I like So Hyun since I knew that kissing on the lips means that you love her as a woman, and that is when I was fourth grade so yeah, you can count how long I have loved her. I encouraged myself to tell my feelings and it worked. So Hyun liked me too and we had a great relationship until I entered this school.

“I met Soo Jung and truthfully, I was infatuated toward her. She is nothing like So Hyun; she is like every man’s dream girl in high school, and then bam! She said she liked me. I couldn’t know what to do; I was happy but I knew I still love So Hyun. So I said to her that I was not interested and hoping that she didn’t attempt to chase me but she did. And so in one occasion, she asked me to go to that dark corner (I know what he meant by ‘dark corner’) and kissed me all of sudden. I was shocked that I couldn’t do anything. Next thing I knew, her friends and the whole school were talking about us. Jong In confronted me and demanded me to tell the truth to her but So Hyun used to decline that opinion so I disagreed with him. As the time went, So Hyun heard about the rumor and suddenly broke up with me.

I was coward. I know I still love her but I don’t want to lose Soo Jung too. She is…..just too good to be appeared in my life. My social status was also rising along with Jong In. Jong In always keeps quiet but I know he doesn’t even like any bit of my actions. I didn’t try to explain to her and tried to enjoy Soo Jung’s companion and this whole ‘King and Queen’ thing. So Hyun also closed her heart for me so I thought why not? I should go along with this. That happened until you came.”

“What?”

“You kinda change everything, Son Na Eun. I don’t know what your influences are but Jong In suddenly talks a lot about you, and that makes me always think about So Hyun too, because you two are practically together in front of me. I tried to let go of her but I couldn’t. That is why I promised to her I would speak to Soo Jung but she stopped me…Soo Jung, I mean. She was really happy when she heard that our families had agreed to….I don’t know….make promises that we would marry when we are adults or something like that. I couldn’t say the break up words to her and instead you two caught me kissing her. I intended to break up with her after that kiss; It was a celebration kiss for her.

And now, with this Joon Myeon thing….it wakes me up. I have my chances, like a lot but I am still the chicken. I don’t even think about her feelings and always think about mine. She must be suffering with my coward attitude and now I decide to let them both go. Soo Jung doesn’t deserve to be hurt because, face it, I just used her to climb this social ladder. I can’t use her anymore just because she likes me. And So Hyun, she can find her own happiness. I should do what I should do. This is the best for all of us.”

I understand. That is complicated but I understand. He is just a normal teenager. If I were him, I would probably attempt to be with the Queen. But yeah, what he did is wrong. I guess he has to get the consequences and this is probably the consequence.

But So Hyun deserves to know this. At least, she knows the truth even though it is hurt.

“About Jong In,”  he continued, “he is a playboy. That may be the word suitable for him in girls’ talk. But he is just an adventurous guy. He doesn’t like to be tied and he is sick of seeing me being Soo Jung’s boy toy, as what he said to me. But he is kind. He never wants to hurt people even though he usually does it. You have been his topic since he knew that you are his neighbor. He said things like, ‘she is cute!’ ‘she likes to blush around me. Do you think she likes me?’ and so on. I have never seen him sparkling like that but….we’ll see. He probably doesn’t really realize that he really likes you.”

I nodded.

“But Joon Myeon sunbaenim said that he couldn’t be trusted. I shouldn’t get any hope.”

“Well, Joon Myeon hasn’t heard how talkative he talks about you,”  Oh sunbaenim grinned again, “when he hears, he will say to you that you should just scream in the hall that you like him.”  I laughed. He did a joke and it was quite funny for me.

“So,”  he continued, “are you still confused?”

“No…not really. I have to think about my own problem though. But thank you for the explanation, sunbaenim.”

“And thank you for listening to me. I hope you don’t call me again now that you know the truth.”

“No,”  I giggled, “I should call you Chicken King. CK.”  He laughed loudly.

“Well, that suits me well.”

 

 

 

Dear Diary,

I was at doom!

After the encounter with Oh sunbaenim, we had never spoken to each other again but we changed numbers so he usually texted me asking about So Hyun. I knew he still cared about her and I am fine to be his spy. It was nothing, though. It didn’t really cost me anything.

Oh sunbaenim is still with the geeks and he seems more comfortable with them. Yes he is still The King and basketball team’s captain (with the whole team respects him even though in social groups, he is below them) but he is now one of the geeks. Everyone also seems to get used of it except Park Soo Jung sunbaenim. She is still furious about him leaving her and so that is why I ended up being number one enemy in school.

The school gardener had seen us talking that day and she reported it to her. Apparently, she is her follower or some sort like that.

Everyone was looking to me and I felt embarrassed. That is when Sang Hyuk-sshi approached me and barked at me. “WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? DON’T YOU THINK THE PLAN WILL BE RUINED? YOU JUST RUIN YOUR BESTFRIEND’S HEART!”

“What are you talking about? I don’t—“  But I was stopped. The cheers suddenly yanked me and I screamed for help. Sang Hyuk ran, probably searched for help but I couldn’t see him more.

I was brought into the same field where I got the green slime. Only this time, this is worse.

“So you are the one who made him broke up with me!”  Park sunbaenim barked. I yelped in pain because of her nails dug into my shoulders.

“Sunbaenim, it hurts!”

“I am letting you know how hurt I am! You always try to seduce high social boys, don’t you? Yesterday you tried it to Jong In and now my boyfriend? You are ****!”  I have to censor it.

“No! I am not like that! Let go of me!”

“Now you are still brave to yell to me?”  He yanked my hair and I screamed for help. She really bullied me. I was trying to let my hair go but I accidentally scratched her hand and she slapped me. Next thing I know, I was circled and kicked by them. I screamed for help again but I know my voice was softer than before. I passed out because of the pain.

When I opened my eyes, Im songsaenim and Seo songsaenim were surrounding me with Oh sunbaenim. He looked so relieved when I woke up.

“She is lucky enough, Oh Se Hoon. You saved her in time.” 

“Thank you.”  He then turned to me, “are you okay?”

“What happened?”

“She and her gank tried to kill you. They are now in principal’s office but everyone knows she will get through. Your parents are here too and they are in the meeting. I mean, she will get punishment but it will be reduced once your parents are out from the building. She always gets that treatment.”

I closed my face with my hands and cried. I could feel the pain all over my body. Oh sunbaenim just stared at me until I heard a door opened. I saw my friends were there, including So Hyun and Jong In oppa.

“Na Eun-ah, are you okay?”  Hak Yeon-sshi was the first to approach me and asked me. Oh sunbaenim gave him the way and he retreated back after smiling to the others.

“I am okay.”

“You should go to the hospital.”  Hye Ri spoke.

“I attempted to,”  Seo songsaenim said, “but the principal said that it was not needed. But if her parents sue, I am so happy and hope that her parents win.”

“What is happening?”  asked Baek Hyun-sshi, “why are suddenly people talking about you become Oh Se Hoon sunbaenim’s girlfriend?”  and then I realized. That is why she tortured me. She thought that I was his new girlfriend.

“Someone saw us talking under the tree,”  Oh sunbaenim simply answered his question.

“Tree? That tree? What did you two do?”  asked Jong Dae sunbaenim.

“Just talking about things.”

“No wonder she thinks that you are his new boyfriend.”  Sang Hyuk said. I could see jealousy on So Hyun’s face and when I attempted to explain, Jong In oppa asked, “so, is it true?”

“What?”

“You are her boyfriend. Is it true?”

“You know the truth,”  Oh sunbaenim replied.

“I am asking, Oh Se Hoon.”

“No. We are not.”

“I…I….I am…”  I tried to talk but then I cried again. Oh sunbaenim immediately went toward me and soothed me like I am his little sister.

“So that is true,”  Jong In oppa said and I looked up. He looked angry.

“No!”  I yelled to him, “oppa, that is not true. We just become friends.”

“Yeah, friends who are so romantically interacting.”

“No, Jong In, I am not her boyfriend. I thought you have known since you are my best friend. You know me.”  But he didn’t want to hear. He walked out from the room and I cried again. My heart ached. I could hear Oh sunbaenim chased him.

“So…..you really like him then. I mean, Kim Jong In sunbaenim.”  Hak Yeon-sshi spoke and he showed his bitter smile, “I guess I have got my answer.”

“Hak Yeon-sshi…”

“Don’t be sorry. I think I have known it when we went to that recital.”  He spoke, “and I guess I have to go.”  After he left, I cried. I just broke up many people’s heart.

“Na Eun-ah….”

“Son Na Eun, your parents are here.”  The principal came and then my parents came. We hugged each other and I cried loudly.

“Mom….”

“We decide to move you from this school. They just have the best bullies in this school.” 

 

 

 


okay....so....do you like this chapter? 

I will reply to the previous chapter's comments directly hehe

but please, COMMENT MORE! 

and yeah, about the bully part, should I rate this chapter? 

 

 

 

thank you

XOXO