farewell melody.

Luhan's misadventures.

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;

Genius hits a target no one else can see.

 

“Luhan, Luhan, did you know?”

I opened my eyes and grumbled from the view. An overly attractive Hyuna is no good to my health. She was there, all excited and smiling as and I could not help but stare blankly.

I stayed silent,

“If you eat too much ice cream, it may be possible to freeze your brain! Isn't it fantastic ? I did not know. Why have you not told me earlier ? I would have stopped buying you ice cream so that your brain would still be functioning and you would not have ended up in the hospital because hell you freaking have bad luck.”

I am not even in the hospital any more. I'm home.

I guess …

I turned my back on her and tried to keep on sleeping a little. I have not spoken to her since I'm back in my room. I have not spoken to anyone, in fact. She cried in front of me, begging me to talk to her just once and I could not do anything. I did not wanted to. I was unable of speaking. “Oh yeah, and I read that if you eat a lot of fish your brain will function really better. Well, you're a genius, you don't need it but still I think you may want a little of this. Do you want me to cook for you?” Since this day, she keeps on talking to me as if nothing had happened. She speaks and I don't answer. It doesn't seem to bother her anyway. I overheard it, once. She'd asked the doctor if I became dumb. He said he was not sure because in terms of medical stuff, nothing proved I was one but the fact I haven't spoken since the accident may be a proof I am. And, to be honest. I know perfectly I am not. She laid down on me, her head on my side and I heard her sigh. “Why won't you talk to me, Luhan? I miss you so much.” I looked down and watched silently her face, with her eyes closed she looks like an angel. Almost. I got up and got out of my bed. I could feel her gaze on my back. We remained silent for a little while.

“Luha-”

“Listen.” I snapped back. I turned to look at her and bowed my head. “I am really sorry, princess but … “

“Princ...?”

“... The reason I am not talking to you is : I don't know who you are.”

 

I swear I saw the light in her eyes turn off.

 

“What are you...”

“I am saying that … Hyuna, right ?” She nodded, incredulously “I don't know who you are. I don't know who I am. Who are those people who came to see me. I only know my name because you kept on repeating it endlessly. I know I am not a korean native because I can hear my foreign accent when I'm speaking, right now. But the fact is. I don't know anything about me, about things. I had to watch you to know how to eat and to use chopsticks. And thanks god you are kind enough to make me dinner. Why do I eat usually? What is my favourite colour ? Favourite food ? Do I like animals ? Was I better at science or literature ? I guess my parents are dead because none of them came to see in the hospital, or maybe I don't get along with them ? I don't know. I can't tell.” I finished with a murmur, looking at both my hands as if they had the answer written in my flesh,

“That ...” Is she shivering ? “That is not funny … Luhan …”

I sighed and shrugged. “I am not joking. And you don't even know how much I wish I would be.” Now I could clearly see tears on her cheeks. I approached and knelt in front of her. “I am sorry.”

“Luu-- Lu-ha....n.”

“Were we in love?”

“Wh-what? Are-- y-ouu...” I dried her tears with both my thumbs and gave her a weak smile.

“I am just asking because we are living together and it sounds a little weird for me.”

“N-no...”

I cupped her cheeks with my hands and leant in to press lightly my lips against hers for a few seconds. I stepped back. She was not crying any more.

“... And also because seeing you cry that much because of me made me want to do this. I don't know.”

I got up on my feet and turned away. This horrible sensation in my stomach did not want to disappear. I stopped in front of the door and looked at her one last time. “I am really sorry.”

 

 

 

Amnesia, every memory fades away until it's gone. No 'we' any more, she's a stranger that I used to know.

_________________________________________________________________________

 

Okay, a chapter a little shorter than usual. I'm sick as hell and I might day anytime soon, hahaa. I know very well you all are going to kill me for doing this but, oh, don't forget that Luhan is the man with the worst luck in the world ! Everything can be all happy and lovey dovey, yay ! Hahahaha. It is short because, from now on, it will be from Hyuna's point of view. ♥