melody of malice.

Luhan's misadventures.

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. i have erased it.”

 

 

 

She was standing there with those big eyes I hated. Blue, they were. Probably a foreigner. She must be six. Or under. I don’t know. All that matter is that she is actually clinging on me forearm and I can’t stand it. She is pulling me toward her, trying to talk in my ear when I look at her straight in the eye.

Can you bring me back home? ” She demands as if I knew where she lived.

What’s your name?” I ask, denying 4minute’s song playing suddenly in my head. I mean, if I would dance right now in the middle of the street everyone would look at me. And I would absolutely hate it.

Nana” She answers in that high cute voice I hate the most.

Well then, Nana why don’t you go yourself ?” I say while turning my back on her. I take back my arm and leave her alone.

I hate children the most, especially the cute ones.

Well, basically you hate everyone would say my only friend if she was in my thoughts. And I would not deny. I hate everyone. They are all so dumb, so easy to manipulate. They are weak and hopeless. I mean, after all, they are human. But I’m not. I was born as if, but I grew up knowing I was different. A genius, they told me. I know everything, I understand everything and most of all I am everything and nothing at same time. I love what I hate. I hate what I love. I’m smart yet heavy-handed. I know neither compassion nor understanding but I know everything you can feel even before you can tell yourself. That is why they called me their genius. Biology has no secrets for me and my head is filled my mathematical formula. That’s how I get into things. I want science to develop itself at the point everyone would understand everything, but I want them to stay dumb and let me control everything. I want humanity to understand they are nothing but a speck of dust in our galaxy and in the others. I want …

Do you want ice cream? ” She asks when I enter my own apartment.

I want her to get the out of here.

Moon to Earth, I repeat: do you want some ice cream? ” She repeats with her hand covering as if she was talking in a transmitter receiver. I stay silent and she pouts. “I mean, come on Luhan, I bought your favourite!

I don’t know why she keeps on living with me, but I like it anyway. She is the only one who calls my name. I remember when I told her everyone called me “the genius” she answered “Did you really think I would call you this way you smartass genius? Luhan, Luhan, Luhan, Luhan. Sounds like a good name, better than genius anyway, if you try to force me I may spit on your lovely baby face and I’m sure as hell you don’t want it.” At first I thought she was crazy and then I found out she really was. It took me three years to call her out by her name. I used to say young lady, you or nice . She would kick me every time I told her this. I guess it was not a good idea to say “nice , come over here you’re going to clean my room until I come back”. She wasn’t exactly like everyone else and somehow I ended up liking her a little.

Alright, give it to me.” I say holding out my hand.

Ha, ha.” She waves her fingers in the air. “How do way say, Mr disrespectful?

Alright, please give it to me before I drown you in the toilet bowl,” I give in and she smiled before handing out the pot.

Three.

Two.

One.

And, Luhan?” She asks shyly. I knew it, there was something behind this.

I won’t let you use my cat as a duster to clean your room.” I snap back, knowing she was not about to demand this. She laughed a little while I sit in the couch. “Yeah, what do you want, young girl?

Hyuna, Hyuna!” She yells.

Oh please don’t scream, you know how much I am less inclined to fulfil your desires when your ugly voice shows up.” It took me some time before she stopped saying that I was mean. She surrendered when she acknowledged it was useless to repeat it : I was not going to change anyway.

I wanted to know …” She scratches the back of her neck and come to sit next to me. I step back a little and she frowns before coming closer.

No.”

She sighs and steps back, hands on her waist. “I am a model, you know.

So what?

The boy I was supposed to have a shoot with is sick.

And so?

Well, my manager told me if they don’t find a new one, my trip to Tokyo will be cancelled and…

And…?

Ahem. Luhan? You’re good looking and all, I am sure if I bring you to him he would not disagree.

Oh yeah, sounds like fun.

You okay with it ?” Her eyes began to sparkle.

Sure ! I’ve always wanted to quit being an intellectual to focus only on appearances and become a ty pretentious and narcissistic guy who thinks the world revolves around him just like the moon does.

Wait, you…

I’m sure if will be enriching to waste time making weird poses in front of a camera instead of searching solutions to heal the people suffering. When are we leaving?

She crosses her arms on her chest ( hell yeah, her freakin chest. )

You didn’t have to say it this way, meanie.” I know I shouldn’t have. The thing is: I’ve always hated that job of her so much. What exactly is right in making all those young girls want to lose weight again and again until they can hide behind a traffic light without anybody noticing ? I never told Hyuna thought I should. I guess everyone has his job. Mine is not the best either anyway, and I know I should not be mean to her. We are living together because she gives most of her money to association in order to help children and stuff. She is not that useless. Moreover, she eats like a pig and stays as thin as a stick. What can I do about it? “Actually, I think you’re very nice.” She says as I watch her leaving the living-room to get something to drink.

Actually I think you’re quite lucky to have me because if it was some other guy, he would have banged you several times.”  I can’t see her but I know she rolled her eyes.

How is the genius so vulgar?” She sighs. “And, oh, tonight my little sister is coming home. So whether you leave or stay but, please, don’t teach her those words.

Oh geez, a child. “ I’ll leave.”

Great. Because there will be my mother and father too. I’m afraid they ask me to move out once they find out who the real little genius is.

Oh, please Hyuna, you’re hurting my pride.

I know you’re not.

Really! Look, do you want me to cry?

You’re so annoying at times.

Watch out, you’re going to run out of breath if you sigh too much.” She sighs with even more force than before. That girl, ah.

 

Now I’m lying in my bed, wondering why I ate all those ice cream and I’m quite sure that nice girl put something in it to make me sick. My stomach is hurting so much I think when I’ll recover I’m going to kill that blonde-haired little head. Hands on my neck, I stare at the ceiling as if it was very interesting and I mentally resolve equation to keep me calm. She’s all busy making dinner and I would not want to disturb her. Oh, wait, what? I will definitely disturb her. I call her once. Twice. I scream out loud again and give up. Now I call her name and she opens the door. I swear she was behind, waiting for me to say Hyuna precisely. Once I’m healed she’s dead.

Yes baby boy?” She sings.

Urgh, I feel real real bad. If you wanted to me you didn’t have to put things in my food you know I would have done it with… uuurrrrhhh… pleasure.

You still have enough breath to say nonsenses, I guess it means you’re not dying that much.” Urgh, that girl. I lifted my eyes to meet hers and gave her a i-m-really-going-to-die-soon-so-you-better-please-me-that-is-my-request-as-a-future-ghost-because-i-am-really-going-to-haunt-you-if-you-let-me-die-all-alone-in-my-room-like-this look. “Come on, Luhan, you just ate too fast, you are not going to die.

Mommy, I can’t stand on my feet!” I whine excessively. She sits next to me and touches my forehead with her cold fingers.

Yup, you better stay in bed.” I know, I know! “I’ll bring you extra food tonight, just don’t leave this room or you’re going to…

Contaminate the entire apartment.” I finish. “I taught you everything, don’t play the know-it-all.

She hits me right in the stomach and I swear to god I will definitively kill her and dance on her grave.

You’re right! That’s your annoying role.” Her smile made me angrier. “Don’t die that soon, I still need you to pay the rent.

You mother --- “ And she leaves  the room with a laugh.

Oh god how I hate her.