melody of despair.

Luhan's misadventures.

" Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

 

I never understood why I liked her. I mean really. When she gets out of the bathroom with all those hair curler in her head. When she asks me to help her cause bloody hell a pimple showed up in her forehead. When she sings Ailee’s song in the shower even if her songs doesn’t fit her voice at all or even when I tell her to be careful because I washed the floor and she manages to slip on it anyway. Those are examples in which I should have already throw her out the window, but I didn’t do it. It was not really because she had a nice face – or some other parts of her body that were nice too I can tell – it was not because she was a kind girl who left me some food on the table when I came home late. I don’t know why. Maybe because she’s gotten used to me. She sighs a lot, but she stopped complaining, she stopped trying to get me back in the right way, she accepted me just the way I am. And that is maybe why I started to like her a little.

 

Well, that was before I saw her little sister.

Big blue eyes.

Cute voice.

 

Yup, I remember her well.

 

She screamed when she saw me as well and I’m quite sure it was not because my face was almost green because of my sickness. Eating this ice cream only bought me bad luck for heaven’s sake. At that time, I wondered if I was that of a bad boy so that God would send me only the worst luck in the world. Or maybe it was because I am a scientist and I don’t in give a damn about magical and religious stuff. Hyuna already kicked me twice for saying such a thing before giving up. And there her devilish ridiculous little sister was. Why the heck does she have blue eyes anyway?

“I want to be just like my sister someday.”

Oh, cool. I shrugged. “I want to be that beautiful too!” She sings. “And I want to have a boyfriend as handsome as you.” Oh yeah, I know I am, I don’t need you to tell me. I hummed. “Do you think I can make it?”

“Um…”

“Ah. Nana ! Will you leave Luhan alone for a while? Don’t you see he’s throwing up actually?” Thank God that girl knows how to use her brain. It’s quite embarrassing to be honest. Like really. My face above the toilet with that Nana child talking to me as if I was perfectly fine. It is definitively embarrassing. And irritating as well.

“I know, Hyuna-unnie, I just want to talk to him. Is he even real? I remembered why you told me before.” I lifted my head up.

“What the hell did you tell her you devil.”

“She told me someone intellectual is unavoidably ugly. And someone handsome is unfortunately dumb.”

She did?

“That is why I don’t get what is wrong with you. You are really handsome and you’re very famous for being the little genius, so …”

“Ah, right Nana!” Hyuna suddenly appeared behind us, opening the door and resting her arm on the wall. “Then I will teach you something else.” Alright, just act as if I was not sick at all.  “You cannot have a handsome, rich, smart and nice guy. One of those four adjectives will be missing. Always.” Yeah, right, so I am not nice, is that what you are thinking? Brat.

“Are saying Luhan is not nice?”

“Yup, I am.”

“I have to say that – “ I was immediately cut off by a sudden urge to throw up again and I bet I heard them sigh disgustedly. Oh yeah, I’m utterly sorry for being so sick next to you, princesses.

 

And that was only the beginning of my misfortune. Hyuna’s parents decided Nana liked me too much to come back home so it was decided that she would stay at our apartment for one week at least. Hyuna told me not to worry because Nana should be disgusted with me long before those seven days. And so I decided to act as if I was the greatest man on earth only to prove Hyuna she was wrong. Because, hell, I have not much to do in my life and, yeah, I like seeing her angry. She would sigh and tell me I’m a and, yup, I wouldn’t disagree. No one would.

 

So there I was, singing in the living room with that adorable little with big blue eyes. I taught her how to dance after she spilled a very precious liquid which I spent all my day to create in the laboratory ( hence I did not stabbed her with my pen even though I wanted so much to kill her ). I made her listen to one of my favourite group Pussycat Dolls – and yup I’m glad Hyuna doesn’t understand English at all or I would be dead by now. I taught her how to draw cats by using my own baby as a model. I taught her some Chinese and other stuff I would absolutely not do usually.

“Lu?”

I was too focused on my liquid to notice she was jumping on my bed. Recently, we’ve been working on a remedy which would heal anyone who has that bloody hell of AIDS. Most of the scientists I work with are too old to understand my way of thinking. Plus, they have that freaking habit of despising me since I’m only 23 and at my age they were all still studying. They keep on thinking I’m too young to understand the world.

“Lulu?”

I don’t hate that at all. In fact, I’m rather proud. When I will find out – because I will someday – they’ll be so surprised they will start admiring me. I did not became a genius, I was born as one, I will die as one.

“Lu –“

“Wha-“

She fell from my bed. I wish it could have been that easy. Actually, she fell from my bed and her little hands caught my chair and she made me fall as well. I wish it could have stopped here – but no, of course. I had my liquid in my hands and, oh, guess what ? Yes. It fell on the floor. Once again. Oh right, it’s okay. Really, it’s nothing. It’s only the thirteenth time I’m making it.

“You better run or you’ll die very soon.” I whispered, head on the cold floor, eyes staring at the ceiling.

“I am so super duper very sorry, Lu. I called, you didn’t answer!”

“Oh now it’s my fault, sweetie, I will cry.”

“Noooo, don’t.”

“Then run to your sister before your life ends.”

“I want to sleep next to you. I had a nightmare and …”

“No.”

“But-“

“Case close.”

 

I looked at the alarm clock. Three in the morning. I’ve been working that much at night? I closed the door behind me, watching silently my desk. Well, it seems like I’m in for another round.

I  couldn’t have said better to myself.

Because the following day, Nana announced she wanted to stay a little longer.

Yup, a little.

Like, an entire month.

I swear I saw Hyuna smirked.