melody of loneliness.

Luhan's misadventures.

"Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes."

 

 

He was shy at that time. A little younger than I was so I was told to protect him. Which, of course, I did not. I have never been scared of him. He was more like a guinea pig for me. I wish I could have studied him. I am pretty sure I would still be studying him anyway. That weirdness of him only has death for limits … Even if I’m pretty sure he is planning something big for his death. Even when he sleeps, he is really weird. He laughs. And I am not joking nor exaggerating. I was still a kid when I went over to his house. My parents were gone to god-knows-where and I had to sleep at his house. In the same bedroom. Same bed, in fact. You can imagine how much of a surprise it was when this kid woke me up while laughing. It was two in the morning and I really thought he was possessed by some kind of ty evil god I don’t even give a about. But, no. He was deeply asleep. I learnt from his parents the following day that he’d always been this way since he was born.

 

And, dude, I should have known staying with him was a bad idea.

 

He grew weirder and weirder. I am a scientist, you know. I like logical stuff and I like words of wisdom which you can’t disagree with because it is ing true and there is nothing you can do against it. He was the exact opposite. He likes supernatural stuff and things which can’t have explanations yet. Ghosts, aliens, superpowers … Astrology. He always used to ask me something and answer me “oh right, typical Aries answer” laughing “sorry I shouldn’t have asked, I should have known you were about to answer this” and I hated it. I still do. As if I was just like everyone else – which is false. To tell the truth, I think I jumped into scientific studies to search for answers and prove him he was wrong from the beginning to the very end. I ended up searching for a AIDS remedy but, oh, someday I will find and get back in the way I want. I want to give the world an answer about anything and everything. And that’s all because he was too weird for me to handle. I spent my all life wondering why. Why he opened a packet of sweets to chew them just once and then spit them on a tissue he would throw in the next bin. Why he would shower without any hot water. Why he would stare at the stars and give them names. Why he called himself Chen because he wanted a Chinese name to get closer to me. Why he would hug me whenever I am angry at him. Why he would kiss me on the lips whenever I say something he likes – why he did not think it is ing weird to kiss a man for this little. Why he would expose to everyone his happiness. I never understood that boy. And still I like him a lot.

 

 

 

Lying on the bed he extended his arms toward the ceiling. I did not move my head to look at him. I have placed a mattress on the ground so that he could sleep in my bedroom next to me. He is the only one allowed to. The others probably are still vomiting in the toilet anyway.

 

“Do you know why this party was for?”

 

“You mean there was a purpose?” I heard him laugh. Did I already say how much I like his voice ? Especially when he laughs. I always thought he would be a great singer – he never listened to me.

 

“You really are the other half of my heart.” I know. “And my soul.” I know. “ Oh wait, isn’t it easier to say you are the other half of me ?” He asked incredulously, scratching the back of his neck while he looked at me sitting in his bed. I turned to face him.

 

“I guess it is.”

 

“Then, you really are the other half of me, Lulu! I really miss you.” I just nodded and he kept on talking. “Today is your birthday, .” Was it? “Your mother came to see me one week ago, telling me I should make a party for you. She told me you would be against this idea so I called Hyuna. And that sweet little girl said he would be great for you to be surrounded by people you don’t know so that you can meet new friends!”

 

But I have Hyuna and you, it is more than I would ever wish for. “You’re so stupid.”

 

Never told you ? My mother died when I was eight. The day she passed away, I was at school. Jongdae ran over to see me and he hugged me so hard I could not breathe. When I asked him what the hell he was doing here, he told me with teary eyes my mother died ten minutes ago and that she did not want me to cry for her. I thought it was a real real bad joke so I pushed him hard and walked away. He followed, running. I was too angry to notice. He leaped on me and it was the first time he kissed me on the lips. I am really sorry was all he said. A quarter later I saw my father drunk in the living-room, lying on the ground, telling me my sweet mother was dead. Since that day Jongdae kept on telling me things which are supposed to come from my dead mother’s mouth. His mother told me he could see ghosts. I understood he was mad enough to believe so.

 

I stopped telling him to shut the up about my mother when he threatened me to kiss me every time he would see me if I ever call him mad once again.

 

“Can I sleep with you?”

 

“No.”

 

“It feels so lonely to be sleeping here!”

 

“Then I’m pretty sure those people in the living-room will like very much to sleep with you.”

 

“So cold hearted!”

 

“So low minded.”

 

“I love you.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

“It’s been a while since I have not kissed you.”

 

“I don’t miss it.”

 

“I do.”

 

“You should not.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Cause it will never happen again.”

 

“Cold heart baby !” I sighed, playing SHINee’s song in my head and I turned my back on him, closing my eyes.

 

“You’re so annoying.”

 

“Sweet dreams! I’ll kiss you when you’ll sleep.”

 

“Well, don’t fall asleep if ever you do so because I will kill you soon after.”

 

 

 

I really do have very annoying friends.