Chapter 2

After Eternity (기다리는)

 

 

Chapter 2:

 

 

 

Jessica kept on looking at her only child. Today will be the first time that they will be away from each other. Her only daughter, Krystal, decided to study abroad.  The kid keep on pestering about it even before. She felt like time travels so fast and it seems that it was just yesterday when Krystal was so dependent on her. A tiny kid who doesn’t want to get separated from her side.

 

-FLASHBACK-

 

“Umma, I when I grow up, I want to be like you!” the little girl said to her mother who is combing her hair.

 

“Why do you want to be like me?” Jessica asked curiously and giggled.

 

“I want to be as beautiful as you and a great actress like yourself! A-and, and, and…., become the best Mom in the whole wide world too!” the kid exclaimed.

 

Jessica smiled and let her daughter face her. She laughed seeing the face of her grinning child. Her cute chubby cheeks where formed into a full as the little girl held her grin.

 

“You are already beautiful, baby. I’m sure you will become the best of what you choose to do in the future because you are smart and talented.”

 

“And I will become the best Mom and wife, right?” the kid asked frantically.

 

“Yes, I’m sure you will!” Jessica assured. “But first, you should find a good husband to be who will truly love you!” she continued.

 

“Like Appa?” the kid asked with glistening eyes.

 

That made her think…would she want the same thing for her daughter? Would she want someone like ‘him’ for her Krystal?

 

Definitely not.

 

Even though they were only married for a couple of years, she knew right from the beginning that ‘he’ would turn out someone like what he is now.

 

But regret was something too cliché to hold on to. It wasn’t a privilege she could afford to do. She had to move on and lucky with time she will learn to accept the thing that are…,right?

 

“It will be great if you will marry someone which is better than your Appa.” Jessica answered which made the child furrowed her brows. “It’s time for you to sleep now.” She continued putting on a happy expression on her face.

 

Besides she has her beautiful daughter now, and that alone is enough for her.

 

Jessica smiled at the though.

 

Yes, Krystal was here…and that’s all she could ask for.   

 

 

Jessica tucked her child in the bed and kissed her good night on the forehead. Before she could switch off the light and exit the door, Krystal called her attention.

 

“Umma?”

 

“What is it, honey?” she answered.

“I love you!”

 

 

 

-end-

 

 

“Umma, my ticket?” Krystal said to her mother.

 

“Oh, sorry honey.” Jessica apologized and gave the ticket to her daughter.

 

“You take care of yourself there, baby.” Siwon said to her daughter.

 

“I will Appa.”Krystal answered with a sweet smile.

 

Jessica and Siwon bid their goodbye to their daughter. Tears escaped from Jessica’s eyes as she looked at her only daughter slowly getting further from them into the departing area. She waved her hand to her daughter when Krystal turned around to see them for the last time.

 

“I hope she will be fine.” Jessica mumbled as she wiped her tears.

 

“She will.”

 

 

 

 

As the pair was walking through the wide corridor going to their succeeding flight, Siwon couldn’t help but gawked at the girl who looked like she was 19, wearing a short shorts that exposes her long legs, a white low-cut tank top which was somewhat see through revealing a little of her huge junk, and a pair of flip flops.

 

His eyes followed the girl, who apparently gave him a wink as they passed. He quickly excused himself and followed the girl to comfort room.

 

Jessica just looked at her husband, suspicious of the way he had been acting coz’ he peed a minute ago and now he’s goin to pee…

 

 

 

Again.

 

At the back of her mind she had a pretty good guess of what it might be. 

 

30 minutes after...

 

“Where the hell is that guy?” she mumbled as she looked at her watch.

 

“flight 243 is now boarding. Calling all passengers to starting loading.”

 

‘, where is he!’ Jessica thought frustratingly.

 

Deciding to herself to just start loading their baggage to the terminal and just sms her husband --the woman hurriedly got their things, which was heavy by the way and pushed herself to carry them.

 

As Jessica was struggling half way to the terminal with their baggage and not forgetting to curse the fact that Siwon didn’t get a trolley for them because he could carry the bags for himself which obviously is not gonna happen anytime soon, one of bags fell from her grasp.

 

‘Darn it.’

 

As Jessica was about to reach the bag, a hand beat her to it.

 

“Holy cra—!”

 

“Here you go miss.” A teenage boy appeared out nowhere with the bag on his hand.

 

As their hands brushed lightly against each other, due to Jessica getting the bag, she felt a surge of electricity passed through her system.

 

‘weird.’

 

“T-thanks…” Great and now she’s stuttering.

 

“No problem!” He smiled broadly to the beautiful lady. “Hey, I could help with those…” The boy continued as he noticed that the woman was struggling.

 

“It’s fine, I got this.”

 

“yeah, it really seems like you do.”

 

 

 

 

Not.

 

Noticing that Jessica was still struggling and still didn’t respond the boy forcefully took some of the bags.

 

“Hey! I said its fine!” Jessica reprimanded glaring.

 

 

 

 

*shiver*

 

 

There was a mile-second that the teen wondered about how the temperature of the room suddenly fell a few degrees lower, but nonetheless the boy smiled briefly and walked forward.

 

 

 

 

Dabump… dabump.

 

 

‘what the hell was that?’

 

 

As Jessica was staring at the boy’s retreating back debating with herself about how her own freaking heart just skipped a beat, --but she just shrugged it off thinking that it was probably due to that fact that she only had 8 hours of sleep…

 

 

 

 

 

And she should have at least 10 hours,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Or more….

 

 

 

 

 

‘Yep, definitely that was it….or is it?’

 

 

 

As she was thinking silently to herself in the middle of the airport, realization hit her…

 

 

 

 

“Yah! Where the heck do you think you’re you going!?! The terminal’s this way!” She shouted using her over the top high pitched voice pointing to the other way.

 

 

 

 

------

 

“whew! That’s everything!”

 

“Thank you.” Jessica smiled sweetly which was reciprocated equally.

 

“ehem….ma’am, are you finished?” The flight attendant interrupted their staring which both of them didn’t knew they were doing.

 

“uhh, y-yeah… w-what was it?” Jessica replied rather fast to save herself from embarrassment, but unfortunately for her she was stuttering.

 

“I was just trying to inform you that we are gonna check your luggage.”

 

“Uh, yeah sure. Go ahead.” Jessica again in attempt to save her face, replied too quickly fighting a blush that was already present.

 

“Uhm, I should probably go...” The boy said as he shyly scratched the back of his neck.

 

“Yeah, you should… thank you for everything.”

 

With a nod the teen begun walking away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amber’s POV

 

“whew! That’s everything!”

 

Gosh these bags are heavy, I wonder what she got in there…it seems to me like she’s packing up rocks.

 

“Thank you.” I looked up from rubbing my poor hands and saw one of the most beautiful smiles ever, not to mention her eyes where so captivating.

 

Wow.

 

And did I mention the her eyes?

 

Just wow.

 

“ehem….ma’am, are you finished?” The flight attendant interrupted us.

 

 

“uhh, y-yeah… w-what was it?” She replied rather too fast…and her cheeks are red.

 

Hmmmm, I wonder if the heats getting to her.

 

“I was just trying to inform you that we are gonna check your luggage.”

 

“Uh, yeah sure. Go ahead.” Again she was quick to reply ushering the attendant to her bags.

 

 

 

 

“Uhm, I should probably go...” I said as I realized I had my own freaking flight to go to.

 

“Yeah, you should… thank you for everything.” There goes her smile again making me forget for a moment that I was in a hurry.

 

 

which seriously, I am.

 

 

I should go…

 

 

 

 

 

 

Move feet! Dammit!

 

 

 

With a sigh, I forcibly dragged myself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wait!” I heard her high pitched voice that would recognizable anywhere, instantly I turned around, feeling that my body was adhered to that voice rather than my own.

 

“uhh….uhm," there was a moment of hesitation.. "I like you shirt…it’s cool.” You had your smile again, but it was different than a moment ago…somehow I was rather sad.

 

 

I looked down at my black v-neck shirt,

 

 

 

And surprisingly it read ‘COOL’…

 

 

 

 

huh... who would have thought...

 

 

 

 

a/n: Heya! wassup pipz... so here's a little somethin' from us.. sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry for the late update.. so busy, neway gotta finish Winter's Sonata.. just 2 chapters left, or if i'm in the mood maybe i'll write 2.chaps lols XD