Chapter 7

After Eternity (기다리는)

 

 

Chapter 7:

 

 

 

The breeze was cold around the deserted plain. It was quiet and the waters reflected the calm starry sky.

 

Jessica inhaled deeply. A smile was drawn on her face.

 

“I wish you’ll smile like that often.”

 

Jessica blinked her eyes and looked at the man beside her. He was smiling broadly as the wind played with his hair.

 

“I do smile often.” The actress stated.

 

“I mean genuinely…”

 

Jessica furrowed her brows at the statement. It amazed her how this man could see right through her, he could see through the mask she tried so hard to build.

 

She was silent.

 

“Miss Jung, I’m sorry if I offended you… I-I didn’t—”

 

“Jessica.”

 

“huh?”

 

“call me Jessica…” He smiled at that. “What’s up with the smile?” the actress raised her brow at him.

 

“Nothing… I’m just…..happy.”

 

“Well you’re being creepy.”  Jessica said with a straight face.

 

“I’m sorry…” Amber chuckled. “but seriously, I’m really glad right now and I can’t hide.”

 

“Well I’m happy today as well….” Jessica said all too quietly, but her manager heard it.

 

Amber smiled.

 

He was happy that the actress is opening up to him even just a little, she put her guard down and he knew that it was the start of their friendship.

 

“I’m glad I knew something new about you today.” Amber said out of the blue.

 

“…”

 

“I can’t promise you easy sailing Jess, but I can assure I’ll be on your side all the way.”

 

Jessica fought hard to keep herself from crying, it was a very long time since anyone has even told her that endearing.

 

“Why are you saying all this?” Jessica asked, her voice was beginning to crack.

 

“I just want you to know that I’ll be by your side in all circumstance. You can be yourself with me, as I with you.” Amber answered honestly.

 

Jessica was now in battle with herself.

 

The actress was torn between two options. She wanted to stop all this, but on the hand she was thankful that she met someone like Amber who is able to comfort her and now he was saying that he will always be there for her…. She knew all too well the pain of being betrayed and used.

 

 Will she trust him? Is she able to open up her heart once again to someone new?

 

 

 

 

 

 

No.

 

 

She couldn’t let herself be hurt again.

 

Amber noticed the sudden change in the actress’ demeanour. Her features where rigid and it was like she was in a deep thought.

 

“Jess….” Amber said softly as he reached for her hand that was curled up into a fist.

 

Jessica blinked a few times as she felt his warm hands over her.

 

“I-I’m sorry I need to go.” Jessica said as she stood up.

 

“Jessica wait.” Amber desperately called out to her as he reached and grab her hand. “Why are you always running away?!” Amber yelled, his emotions are getting the better of him.

 

Jessica remained glued to her spot.

 

“Why are you always pushing people who are trying to help you?”

 

“…”

 

“Jessica… please—”

 

“You don’t have any idea what I’ve been through!” The actress spat bitterly.

 

“I’m here to listen…”

 

“And what!?” By now Jessica turned to face the stunned boy, her tears where flowing freely as she did. “After knowing ….What can you do!?”

 

Amber remained silent.

 

Her statement shut the living hell out of him. It was true…he can’t do anything about her situation.

 

He can’t.

 

He can’t.

 

He can’t.

 

He can’t.

 

He can’t!! Dammit!

 

He thought for a moment. Compared to Jessica’s life, his was fine and nice….

 

 

 

 

Jessica’s was…

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to offend you.” Jessica said as she wiped her tears.

 

His grip on her hand loosen and after sometime finally he let go.

 

Jessica frowned.

 

“It’s okay, I’m sorry for forcing you.” Amber muttered softly. “It’s true…what you said. I can’t do anything, even though I badly want to…. I can’t.” It was depressing him.

 

“Amber….” It was the first time he heard her say his name. “I’m really thankful that you’re concerned about my wellbeing. But I’m fine.” Jessica forced a smile. “I need to be…” She said all too quietly, but Amber heard it.

 

Oh how badly he wanted to tell her that it was fine to cry her heart out! That it was okay for her not to be ‘fine’, that it was okay to break down and release all her frustrations, her anger and all those emotions she fought so hard to supressed.   

 

He really wanted to her all those, but he knows that this isn’t the right time…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Maybe someday, he’ll break through that wall she built around her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Maybe someday he’ll be able to meet the real Jessica…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Maybe someday…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘I’ll wait for you Jessica Jung… even for eternity…’

 

 

 

a/n: Heyaaaaa guyssssss sorry for the late update XD i was sick and yeah... that's mostly it... lol BTW i'll be putting 'The Man who can't be Moved' on hiatus... for now.